This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Hasbro Trademark Filed: HASCON

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

New Hasbro Trademark Filed: HASCON

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We know that Hasbro definitely has plans for its various brands and franchises, even now that some of its clubs (e.g. FunPub/TFCC) or lines (e.g. GI Joe) are no longer active in their current incarnation. The fandom(s) has/have been speculating about what the future of events such as BotCon might be - and it looks like there might be a hint, courtesy of Twincaster xRotorstormx, in HASCON.

Hasbro has just registered the trademark, and has included the following in its description.

Organizing and conducting conventions, exhibitions, fan clubs and gatherings for entertainment purposes and in the fields of toys, animation, comic books, fantasy, gaming, popular culture, science fiction, television and film

What do make of this? Is it related to the future of brand events? Might we be seeing a crossover event for the bigger entertainment brands? Let us know in the Energon Pub!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: New Hasbro Trademark Filed: HASCON

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:58 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Welp, if this is to be BotCon's replacement, I guess we can say farewell to all the non-Hasbro/Takara robot toys in the dealer room.

By which I mean those made by other official companies like Bandai and such.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
But can I Hascon?

I'll leave now...

Lol nope!
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:16 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:Welp, if this is to be BotCon's replacement, I guess we can say farewell to all the non-Hasbro/Takara robot toys in the dealer room.

Thats if there is a dealer room.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby leokearon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:31 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
What a horrible name,
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:35 am

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Welp, if this is to be BotCon's replacement, I guess we can say farewell to all the non-Hasbro/Takara robot toys in the dealer room.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I am pretty sure there wont be. This is an inhouse event and those dont have dealer rooms, instead they have exhibitors. Cinemacon is like that and so is Star Wars celebration. You dont have dealers, but exhibitors like Lego, in this case it would be Mega Blocks, or Paramount or any bunch of ancillary companies trying to promote things. Like T-short companies showing new styles using their licenses.

But I dont see how thats a bad thing, every city has their own toy show now full of dealers and they can get their transformers buying fix there. So the actual transformers show can be an event in itself where you go to enjoy yourself and have fun with their activities rather than doing some shopping you can do at any other show (like TF Con). And it helps to regulate what will be on the show floor.

If they will have dealers to this event, I will be more surprized than if they dont.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:04 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm sad that the BotCon name may just fall by the wayside now. It was so simple, yet clever, not only describing a "RoBOT CONvention" in short, but also doubling as a portmanteau of AutoBOT :BOT: and DeceptiCON :CON: .
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:16 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
well now I wish I went to what will probably be the last Botcon :(
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Emerje » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
It's entirely possible this isn't a convention, this is the name of an organizer. This could be Hasbro's in-house company that puts the conventions and clubs together, like how Fun Publications did BotCon and TCC. The scope of the description goes much further than just a convention.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Emerje wrote:It's entirely possible this isn't a convention, this is the name of an organizer. This could be Hasbro's in-house company that puts the conventions and clubs together, like how Fun Publications did BotCon and TCC. The scope of the description goes much further than just a convention.

Emerje

-breathes sigh of relief-*

*If this proves to be true, at least.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Emerje wrote:It's entirely possible this isn't a convention, this is the name of an organizer. This could be Hasbro's in-house company that puts the conventions and clubs together, like how Fun Publications did BotCon and TCC. The scope of the description goes much further than just a convention.

Emerje

Yep yep, good note to point out!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby DanaCornZine » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:38 pm

The rumor around Botcon was that it was going to be more geared toward the movies from here on out. I have no proof of this other than hearsay. I'll wait and see a load of announcements about it before I go. I was just fortunate that it was in my city this year.
DanaCornZine
Minibot
Watch DanaCornZine on YouTube
Buy from DanaCornZine on eBay

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:30 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Well, everyone is not happy about this. :lol:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10

Postby RAR » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:00 pm

I suppose it's to much to think that Hasbro UK are anywhere near capable of running a UK version of such a convention and not making a complete hash of it.

But maybe if they rotate it into another Sci-Fi convention that might work for the UK market.

As if they do their own conventions then there seems like at least some small chance they might got a bit more International than before at some point.

--

I miss Gi Joe though - I was just thinking that the other day - how much fun it was until it ended up just repeating itself endlessly instead of striving onwards into the future - that was why the brand was enjoyable to me new team members and new Cobra Soldiers - and the sort of stopped doing that - some might even say that Hasbro do the same thing with Star Wars and Transformers too these days.

There is only so many Kylo Ren figures or Bunmblebees a person needs really.

The only downside to this is I ask myself what did I like more Botcon toys or SDCC/NYCC toys and in most cases it was the Botcon stuff I preferred.

I always wonder if they might try to Hype Movie stuff regardless of the fan interest or lack of it in the theme for convention toys - especially with such a "General Audience" potential 'in their mind' anyway and the large number of Live Action Movies due and an Animated one as well.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

New Hasbro Trademark Filed: HasbroCon

Postby Va'al » Fri May 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Remember the news we brought you about this infamous HASCON name being trademarked? It appears Hasbro remembered the 'bro' part of their name too, and added another name to the bank: Hasbrocon. Once more under the identification of "Organizing and conducting conventions, exhibitions, fan clubs and gatherings for entertainment purposes and in the fields of toys, animation, comic books, fantasy, gaming, popular culture, science fiction, television and film" - do you think this is a step closer to an all-encompassing event, or something different? Leave your opinion in the Energon Pub!

Also, we're looking for more thoughts on a potential Transformers dedicated Collector Club right over here, so make sure to check that out too!

Trademark/Service Mark Application, Principal Register

Serial Number: 87030087
Filing Date: 05/09/2016
To the Commissioner for Trademarks:

MARK: HASBROCON (Standard Characters, see mark)
The literal element of the mark consists of HASBROCON.
The mark consists of standard characters, without claim to any particular font, style, size, or color.

The applicant, Hasbro, Inc., a corporation of Rhode Island, having an address of
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02862
United States

requests registration of the trademark/service mark identified above in the United States Patent and Trademark Office on the Principal Register established by the Act of July 5, 1946 (15 U.S.C. Section 1051 et seq.), as amended, for the following:

International Class 041: Organizing and conducting conventions, exhibitions, fan clubs and gatherings for entertainment purposes and in the fields of toys, animation, comic books, fantasy, gaming, popular culture, science fiction, television and film
Intent to Use: The applicant has a bona fide intention, and is entitled, to use the mark in commerce on or in connection with the identified goods/services.

Claim of Active Prior Registration(s)
The applicant claims ownership of active prior U.S. Registration Number(s) 0742643, 4276019, 4877730, and others.

The applicant's current Correspondence Information:
Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro, Inc.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02862
401-727-5530(phone)
401-709-6448(fax)
paul.vanasse@hasbro.com;tracy.valenti@hasbro.com (authorized)
E-mail Authorization: I authorize the USPTO to send e-mail correspondence concerning the application to the applicant or applicant's attorney at the e-mail address provided above. I understand that a valid e-mail address must be maintained and that the applicant or the applicant's attorney must file the relevant subsequent application-related submissions via the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS). Failure to do so will result in an additional processing fee of $50 per international class of goods/services.

A fee payment in the amount of $275 has been submitted with the application, representing payment for 1 class(es).

Declaration

The signatory believes that: if the applicant is filing the application under 15 U.S.C. § 1051(a), the applicant is the owner of the trademark/service mark sought to be registered; the applicant is using the mark in commerce on or in connection with the goods/services in the application; the specimen(s) shows the mark as used on or in connection with the goods/services in the application; and/or if the applicant filed an application under 15 U.S.C. § 1051(b), § 1126(d), and/or § 1126(e), the applicant is entitled to use the mark in commerce; the applicant has a bona fide intention, and is entitled, to use the mark in commerce on or in connection with the goods/services in the application. The signatory believes that to the best of the signatory's knowledge and belief, no other persons, except, if applicable, concurrent users, have the right to use the mark in commerce, either in the identical form or in such near resemblance as to be likely, when used on or in connection with the goods/services of such other persons, to cause confusion or mistake, or to deceive. The signatory being warned that willful false statements and the like are punishable by fine or imprisonment, or both, under 18 U.S.C. § 1001, and that such willful false statements and the like may jeopardize the validity of the application or any registration resulting therefrom, declares that all statements made of his/her own knowledge are true and all statements made on information and belief are believed to be true.

Declaration Signature

Signature: /Paul N. Vanasse/ Date: 05/09/2016
Signatory's Name: Paul N. Vanasse
Signatory's Position: Global Director of IP and Enforcement
RAM Sale Number: 87030087
RAM Accounting Date: 05/10/2016

Serial Number: 87030087
Internet Transmission Date: Mon May 09 17:07:13 EDT 2016
TEAS Stamp: USPTO/BAS-XXX.XX.XX.XX-20160509170713425
776-87030087-55067a1de68684f146a35b23a71
a42cfd4d03e7e971010cd2af225e95499c456-DA
-4042-20160509164814825922
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Mr Skram » Fri May 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Motto: "Loose joints cost lives."
Weapon: Optical Distortion Projector
That's... not a very good name.

:lol:
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: A maroon 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 7

Postby beloth » Sat May 14, 2016 3:04 am

Motto: ""kill them all""
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
http://www.thehascon.com/

a construction company in Maryland is using that name already....could cause a tussle.
beloth
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from beloth on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Va'al » Sat May 14, 2016 4:07 am

beloth wrote:http://www.thehascon.com/

a construction company in Maryland is using that name already....could cause a tussle.

Probably enough difference between Hascon and The Hascon to allow it, but not enough to not justify also registering HasbroCon. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Umbra » Sat May 14, 2016 8:20 am

Certainly reads as HasBroken, right?
Umbra
Micromaster

Postby Emerje » Sat May 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Umbra wrote:Certainly reads as HasBroken, right?

I'm sure we'll hear that joke a lot if their first event is a failure.

Still, I wonder if Hasbro's BotCon replacement will share its exclusives with HTS like they do with their SDCC and NYCC exclusives? It makes sense since BotCon has basically always unloaded their remaining exclusives on the club store.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Hasbronycon? :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed May 18, 2016 6:46 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Mr Skram wrote:That's... not a very good name.
Would you prefer BroCon?

And I hope if the convention will be under new management that it becomes simpler to register and attend. I went to BotCon in 2011, and it was a pain to go through everything, and worry about making sure we had all the documents and everything. I can't imagine it's gotten better in the last 5 years.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOVAKANE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Terrorcon Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOVAKANE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON