IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 27, 2016 6:19 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Ironhidensh wrote:Megatron needs to stop being a coward.

He needs more of the middle ground, for all those millions of years he fought and it achieved nothing but horror and bloodshed, goes to the other extreme and bots are still being hurt by his actions that were done ages and ages ago.

He needs courage to go forward, strength of spirit to fight for what he truly believes now, and wisdom to learn from his past and acknowledge his unsurmountable past. The other crucial thing he needs is humility that's been growing slowly.

Of course this is just what I think megs needs to continue, but no doubt Roberts has other intentions
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 12965
News Credits: 1201
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Fri May 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I know the cover don't necessarily relate to the events of the story (though in this instance it most likely does) i'm willing to guess the flower's Velocity. Also on a separate note, aesthetically and historically, I would've found red poppies more poignant than blue lilies. However that might've been on the nose
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3078
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Sat May 28, 2016 5:07 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I know the cover don't necessarily relate to the events of the story (though in this instance it most likely does) i'm willing to guess the flower's Velocity. Also on a separate note, aesthetically and historically, I would've found red poppies more poignant than blue lilies. However that might've been on the nose


Red poppies can sod right off.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sat May 28, 2016 6:29 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Dr Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I know the cover don't necessarily relate to the events of the story (though in this instance it most likely does) i'm willing to guess the flower's Velocity. Also on a separate note, aesthetically and historically, I would've found red poppies more poignant than blue lilies. However that might've been on the nose


Red poppies can sod right off.

what about white ones from the end of Gojira?
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3078
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 iTunes 3-Page Preview

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:42 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Apple iTunes has provided us with our second sneak peak of the week, this time in the form of More Than Meets The Eye 55! Check out the preview listed below, as it is revealed that some guys are sneaky, some guys may have guilty consciences, and some guys are just... interesting.

Image

Image

Image
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:50 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
So now the whole story begins to fall into place.

The Galactic Counsel hates Megatron since he is now doing their job of protecting organics whereas he used to hate them. The council fears being replaced, so they rebuild Overlord to kill Megatron, teaming up with Getaway, who puts the mutiny into action. He removes Rodimus and company with the thought that the council only promised to kill Megatron and the others would live. So he's not the total slimeball he's come off as, but he still is slime. Then Tarn shows up somehow (Beginning to wonder about that, coincidence or not. Getaway should know the DJD wouldn't spare the Autobots, so if he summoned them to get Megatron off the ship by attacking Necroworld, did they somehow promise to spare the others as an empty promise?) but the council is ok with this since they want him dead too. But the council has no intent of letting the other Autobots live. Maybe they arranged for the DJD to attack and summon Megatron there then unleash Overlord, but weren't expecting Deathsaurus' group? I'm not sure about that.

And then, Megatron has Trailcutter's forcefields, enabling him to use the panic bubble to save himself. And of course, Deathsaurus is about to have a conscience attack courtesy of Rewind and Swerve, spurring him into Defending Megatron.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:55 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So now the whole story begins to fall into place.

The Galactic Counsel hates Megatron since he is now doing their job of protecting organics whereas he used to hate them. The council fears being replaced, so they rebuild Overlord to kill Megatron, teaming up with Getaway, who puts the mutiny into action. He removes Rodimus and company with the thought that the council only promised to kill Megatron and the others would live. So he's not the total slimeball he's come off as, but he still is slime. Then Tarn shows up somehow (Beginning to wonder about that, coincidence or not. Getaway should know the DJD wouldn't spare the Autobots) but the council is ok with this since they want him dead too. But the council has no intent of letting the other Autobots live. Maybe they arranged for the DJD to attack and summon Megatron there then unleash Overlord, but weren't expecting Deathsaurus' group? I'm not sure about that.

And then, Megatron has Trailcutter's forcefields, enabling him to use the panic bubble to save himself. And of course, Deathsaurus is about to have a conscience attack courtesy of Rewind and Swerve, spurring him into Defending Megatron.



Yeah. I read the three page preview too.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2689
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:56 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sorry, just really thinking, and a bit confused
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:08 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:20 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...

Actually, a thought: They have been tracking down the ship right? They even said that they couldn't catch the Lost Light. So they attacked Necroworld by themselves, and when Rodimus and Megatron decided to investigate, Getaway used that as the opportunity to mutiny. The mutiny was set, they just needed the chance for the captains to leave, and they did, so the trap was sprung, without anyone realizing that the DJD were there.

That helps me make some sense of things
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:21 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...

Actually, a thought: They have been tracking down the ship right? They even said that they couldn't catch the Lost Light. So they attacked Necroworld by themselves, and when Rodimus and Megatron decided to investigate, Getaway used that as the opportunity to mutiny. The mutiny was set, they just needed the chance for the captains to leave, and they did, so the trap was sprung, without anyone realizing that the DJD were there.

That helps me make some sense of things

Yeah; that, and reading on TFWiki reminds me that Tarn broadcast the signal as a lure. And maybe there wasn't an arranged place for Getaway to drop them off, it just happened to be the Necroplanet - and that's why it took so long for Overlord to get there!
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:28 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...

Actually, a thought: They have been tracking down the ship right? They even said that they couldn't catch the Lost Light. So they attacked Necroworld by themselves, and when Rodimus and Megatron decided to investigate, Getaway used that as the opportunity to mutiny. The mutiny was set, they just needed the chance for the captains to leave, and they did, so the trap was sprung, without anyone realizing that the DJD were there.

That helps me make some sense of things

Yeah; that, and reading on TFWiki reminds me that Tarn broadcast the signal as a lure. And maybe there wasn't an arranged place for Getaway to drop them off, it just happened to be the Necroplanet - and that's why it took so long for Overlord to get there!

Problem solved! Yay us!

Now, since Getaway did not want any Autobots to die, I wonder what he will think when he learns Skids died...
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
My guess would be that Overlord was the one who killed the Necrobot and set up the distress call to lure the Autobots to him. It makes the original plan fit together: The Galactic Council agrees to take care of Megatron; they send their agent, Overlord, to send a distress signal that they know the Lost Light will respond to; the Necrobot modifies the distress signal to warn them away (which doesn't work); the crew makes sure that Megatron and his supporters are the ones to go on the mission; Overlord kills Megatron. There was no reason for the DJD to kill the Necrobot because he was a pre-war neutral (which is why they did not bother him when they first found him). The method of the Necrobot's death also points to Overlord, him being a sadist and all.

As to why the DJD showed up, that is a mystery. The Galactic Council certainly isn't happy about it, and neither is Getaway if his concern for the rest of the crew is sincere.

Off-hand, I wonder if Getaway knew that the Galactic Council would send Overlord. I would guess the answer is "no" if he expected the rest of the crew to survive the encounter.
User avatar
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 536
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...

Actually, a thought: They have been tracking down the ship right? They even said that they couldn't catch the Lost Light. So they attacked Necroworld by themselves, and when Rodimus and Megatron decided to investigate, Getaway used that as the opportunity to mutiny. The mutiny was set, they just needed the chance for the captains to leave, and they did, so the trap was sprung, without anyone realizing that the DJD were there.

That helps me make some sense of things

I like this better than my theory.

EDIT: What kept hanging me up was the fact that the crew was stranded after the Rodpod was destroyed. I forgot that they would have been stranded anyway because the Rodpod only had the juice for one jump and couldn't jump back. Getaway likely wasn't aware that Team Rodimus had been attacked, because his plan was just to strand the ship wherever the group went to so that the Galactic Council could move in after.
Last edited by MrBlack on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 536
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MrBlack wrote:My guess would be that Overlord was the one who killed the Necrobot and set up the distress call to lure the Autobots to him. It makes the original plan fit together: The Galactic Council agrees to take care of Megatron; they send their agent, Overlord, to send a distress signal that they know the Lost Light will respond to; the Necrobot modifies the distress signal to warn them away (which doesn't work); the crew makes sure that Megatron and his supporters are the ones to go on the mission; Overlord kills Megatron. There was no reason for the DJD to kill the Necrobot because he was a pre-war neutral (which is why they did not bother him when they first found him). The method of the Necrobot's death also points to Overlord, him being a sadist and all.

As to why the DJD showed up, that is a mystery. The Galactic Council certainly isn't happy about it, and neither is Getaway if his concern for the rest of the crew is sincere.

Off-hand, I wonder if Getaway knew that the Galactic Council would send Overlord. I would guess the answer is "no" if he expected the rest of the crew to survive the encounter.

Only problem with that theory is that it was stated the DJD attacked the Necrobot and sent out the fake distress signal to lure the Lost Lighters.
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7878
News Credits: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:35 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Sorry, just really thinking, and a bit confused



Just giving ya guff.

Honestly don't know how I feel about this reveal. It makes sense but it honestly feels a little anticlimactic.

Honestly getting really tired of the twists and "shocking reveals"
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2689
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:39 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Kurona wrote:
MrBlack wrote:My guess would be that Overlord was the one who killed the Necrobot and set up the distress call to lure the Autobots to him. It makes the original plan fit together: The Galactic Council agrees to take care of Megatron; they send their agent, Overlord, to send a distress signal that they know the Lost Light will respond to; the Necrobot modifies the distress signal to warn them away (which doesn't work); the crew makes sure that Megatron and his supporters are the ones to go on the mission; Overlord kills Megatron. There was no reason for the DJD to kill the Necrobot because he was a pre-war neutral (which is why they did not bother him when they first found him). The method of the Necrobot's death also points to Overlord, him being a sadist and all.

As to why the DJD showed up, that is a mystery. The Galactic Council certainly isn't happy about it, and neither is Getaway if his concern for the rest of the crew is sincere.

Off-hand, I wonder if Getaway knew that the Galactic Council would send Overlord. I would guess the answer is "no" if he expected the rest of the crew to survive the encounter.

Only problem with that theory is that it was stated the DJD attacked the Necrobot and sent out the fake distress signal to lure the Lost Lighters.

Well, there is that conjecture on the wiki, but I'm not sure it has been made clear in the book itself who attacked the Necrobot. I am inclined to think it was the DJD at this point, but the full circumstances have not been made clear yet.
User avatar
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 536
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:39 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
All in all the arc is sounding like a "series of unfortunate events" storyline to me: someone wants to mutiny to kill one guy and just remove the others, which includes his former partner; He doesn't know a group of killers is the reason the mutiny succeeded; he doesn't know the person sent to kill the one will kill them all; everyone is there, all the evil is there, and meanwhile the organics are planning to use something that reminds me of that "geo-bomb" thing from MTMTE 46 that Fort Max mentioned to maybe destroy the entire planet, which I think they will try, but somehow Nightbeat and Rung save everyone. Ba-doom.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:40 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
MrBlack wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MrBlack wrote:My guess would be that Overlord was the one who killed the Necrobot and set up the distress call to lure the Autobots to him. It makes the original plan fit together: The Galactic Council agrees to take care of Megatron; they send their agent, Overlord, to send a distress signal that they know the Lost Light will respond to; the Necrobot modifies the distress signal to warn them away (which doesn't work); the crew makes sure that Megatron and his supporters are the ones to go on the mission; Overlord kills Megatron. There was no reason for the DJD to kill the Necrobot because he was a pre-war neutral (which is why they did not bother him when they first found him). The method of the Necrobot's death also points to Overlord, him being a sadist and all.

As to why the DJD showed up, that is a mystery. The Galactic Council certainly isn't happy about it, and neither is Getaway if his concern for the rest of the crew is sincere.

Off-hand, I wonder if Getaway knew that the Galactic Council would send Overlord. I would guess the answer is "no" if he expected the rest of the crew to survive the encounter.

Only problem with that theory is that it was stated the DJD attacked the Necrobot and sent out the fake distress signal to lure the Lost Lighters.

Well, there is that conjecture on the wiki, but I'm not sure it has been made clear in the book itself who attacked the Necrobot. I am inclined to think it was the DJD at this point, but the full circumstances have not been made clear yet.

But consider this: If it was Overlord who set the trap, wouldn't he have arrived sooner or actually been at the fortress to greet Megatron and kill him there?
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:50 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MrBlack wrote:My guess would be that Overlord was the one who killed the Necrobot and set up the distress call to lure the Autobots to him. It makes the original plan fit together: The Galactic Council agrees to take care of Megatron; they send their agent, Overlord, to send a distress signal that they know the Lost Light will respond to; the Necrobot modifies the distress signal to warn them away (which doesn't work); the crew makes sure that Megatron and his supporters are the ones to go on the mission; Overlord kills Megatron. There was no reason for the DJD to kill the Necrobot because he was a pre-war neutral (which is why they did not bother him when they first found him). The method of the Necrobot's death also points to Overlord, him being a sadist and all.

As to why the DJD showed up, that is a mystery. The Galactic Council certainly isn't happy about it, and neither is Getaway if his concern for the rest of the crew is sincere.

Off-hand, I wonder if Getaway knew that the Galactic Council would send Overlord. I would guess the answer is "no" if he expected the rest of the crew to survive the encounter.

Only problem with that theory is that it was stated the DJD attacked the Necrobot and sent out the fake distress signal to lure the Lost Lighters.

Well, there is that conjecture on the wiki, but I'm not sure it has been made clear in the book itself who attacked the Necrobot. I am inclined to think it was the DJD at this point, but the full circumstances have not been made clear yet.

But consider this: If it was Overlord who set the trap, wouldn't he have arrived sooner or actually been at the fortress to greet Megatron and kill him there?

Read my post.

I am just pointing out that the solution isn't quite clear yet, as I do not recall Tarn or anyone else taking responsibility for killing the Necrobot or sending the distress signal in the comic, even though I think that theory is likely correct.
User avatar
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 536
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:55 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
MrBlack wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Kurona wrote:Only problem with that theory is that it was stated the DJD attacked the Necrobot and sent out the fake distress signal to lure the Lost Lighters.

Well, there is that conjecture on the wiki, but I'm not sure it has been made clear in the book itself who attacked the Necrobot. I am inclined to think it was the DJD at this point, but the full circumstances have not been made clear yet.

But consider this: If it was Overlord who set the trap, wouldn't he have arrived sooner or actually been at the fortress to greet Megatron and kill him there?

Read my post.

I am just pointing out that the solution isn't quite clear yet, as I do not recall Tarn or anyone else taking responsibility for killing the Necrobot or sending the distress signal in the comic, even though I think that theory is likely correct.

I read your post, I was just agreeing with you and providing something else I had thought of while reading through other posts. :D

And I'm looking back through, and I'm pretty sure you're right that no one has taken responsibility for killing Necrobot. We can only assume that this point.

But also using an assumption: what if the Lost Light actually comes back for these guys, if Getaway is anyway alarmed that the council intends to kill the other Autobots, maybe he will come back, and something else in 3 weeks time comic time wise is the reason they are radio silent.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:57 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
On another topic: What's in the box???
User avatar
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 536
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
MrBlack wrote:On another topic: What's in the box???

I'm thinking the geo-bomb Fort Max mentioned in 46. He said the counsel made a bomb from Killmaster's design that could destroy planets, and it is small "size of an eyeball" said Crankcase. Maybe they intend to use it to kill hundreds of cons, Megatron, and any other robot that so happens to be there. It all comes down as a win for the counsel.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 21388
News Credits: 1563
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
Twincast / Podcast #292:
"Planet of Junk"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series 86-07 Leader Dinobot Slug and Daniel Witwicky" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Selects Deep Cover" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe 2012 SDCC Comic Con Transformers Crossover Destro with soundwave backpa" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron NETFLIX Trilogy Decepticon SPARKLESS BOT" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o Transformers Micro Changer Collection 2 Decepticon Runamuck B0208 New Toy" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST HUNTERS STARSCREAM ACTION FIGURE NEW IN PACKAGE.free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "transformers earthrise ironworks" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Wheeljack" on EBAY