This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:04 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:The Galactic council's warship is actually the alt mode for Unicron's head. Necroworld is the rest of his body and it's hollow since it lacks the evil head of the beast, and then Rung is the piece caught investigating with Nightbeat that forms the connection and Unicron is reborn thanks to organics, autobots, decepticons, and a poor little Rung in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Naw Rung will survive. After all, he turns into the key for the Omega Lock. Without him Cybertron can't transform :lol:
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:The Galactic council's warship is actually the alt mode for Unicron's head. Necroworld is the rest of his body and it's hollow since it lacks the evil head of the beast, and then Rung is the piece caught investigating with Nightbeat that forms the connection and Unicron is reborn thanks to organics, autobots, decepticons, and a poor little Rung in the wrong place at the wrong time!
Naw Rung will survive. After all, he turns into the key for the Omega Lock. Without him Cybertron can't transform :lol:
Let's just hope his alt mode actually has more planet key slots than it has been shown to have so far, otherwise there ain't no way in heck they are fitting a cyber planet key in there, let alone the necessary 4!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I'm really finding it hard to see Megatron as a villain anymore... it's kind of beautiful. This personality and redemption story has kind of defined him as a character for me; made me enjoy and like him.
I mean, when I think back to his Animated and Prime incarnations... well, those are fine, but it just doesn't seem right anymore. This evil, manipulative, abusive leader who laughs evilly as his plans triumph... it just doesn't fit with my image of Megatron anymore. Whatever happens after this; whether he goes back to being a Decepticon or not - to be honest, I don't think Hasbro will let that not happen sadly - this is my definitive Megatron. Not even as he was before in IDW; not even in the recent issues before his becoming an Autobot in Dark Cybertron where he made Prowlastator - just as he's been in MTMTE. This is Megatron.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:14 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Let's just hope his alt mode actually has more planet key slots than it has been shown to have so far, otherwise there ain't no way in heck they are fitting a cyber planet key in there, let alone the necessary 4!

It is the mystery that makes Rung untouchable.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Kurona wrote:Stuff completely right about Megatron being an Autobot

I agree. It's very difficult for me to see the other evil Megatrons. This MTMTE version of the character has really grown on me over the past 2 and almost a half years. Enough so that seeing him as anything other than the current Autobot feels weird. I like this good guy Megatron, and it feels like this was what the IDW version was meant to be. Galvatron is going the good job with evil anyway, let Megatron keep being this guy
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:28 pm

As long as Hasbro is cool with it-which they are, getting another Megatron toy with optional Autobot stickers- he went be going anywhere
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:30 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I agree. It's very difficult for me to see the other evil Megatrons. This MTMTE version of the character has really grown on me over the past 2 and almost a half years. Enough so that seeing him as anything other than the current Autobot feels weird. I like this good guy Megatron, and it feels like this was what the IDW version was meant to be. Galvatron is going the good job with evil anyway, let Megatron keep being this guy

Yeah, like, even when thinking of him as the Decepticon Leader; I always default to thinking of the early Decepticons - where they were Freedom Fighters, taking down the corrupt senate to bring freedom to Cybertron.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:34 pm

Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Yeah, like, even when thinking of him as the Decepticon Leader; I always default to thinking of the early Decepticons - where they were Freedom Fighters, taking down the corrupt senate to bring freedom to Cybertron.

To me, that makes much more sense of the character than the original "start a war over energy or spite" version. This is a character who fought for freedom, but then was corrupted and has finally found a way back. And the fact that he has found his way back, despite the thoughts of so many reading and watching is progress in-comic. I think he finally has reached who he wants and needed to be. and I like what they have done.

and Randomhero, if the Titan's return voyager rumored turns out to be a good solid figure, I will buy him. he's looking wonderfully IDW and it looks like will have the Autobot symbols. It's just so refreshing to see Megatron as a whole new character with something so different
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:39 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

To me, that makes much more sense of the character than the original "start a war over energy or spite" version. This is a character who fought for freedom, but then was corrupted and has finally found a way back. And the fact that he has found his way back, despite the thoughts of so many reading and watching is progress in-comic. I think he finally has reached who he wants and needed to be. and I like what they have done.

Yeah, and that's personally what I think Transformers should be about now - about two sides essentially wanting the same thing but somewhere down the line they went to different extremes. It's their methods that end up defining them.
... okay that went down the road to my personal preferences, little off-topic, but IDW to me just shows how well they can improve Transformers for a more modern, maturer age rather than just going down the route of "he's evil".
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Summed up nicely.

Now the bigger question: how long will that panic bubble last? Long enough for Deathsaurus and Nickel to save him before the bubble pops, or pop just in time for Deathsaurus to save him as the shots are being fired?

and what will the crew say to him regarding his whole stealing Trailcutter's parts thing
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:09 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Summed up nicely.

Now the bigger question: how long will that panic bubble last? Long enough for Deathsaurus and Nickel to save him before the bubble pops, or pop just in time for Deathsaurus to save him as the shots are being fired?

and what will the crew say to him regarding his whole stealing Trailcutter's parts thing

You're oh so sure Deathy and Nickel will save him ;)
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:11 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Two ways this could go, deathsarus (smeg it, I'm going back to Dezaras, it seems less stupid) could announce his withdrawal (then be killed by tarn) or jump in the way of the blast meant for megs...and still die. As much as I'm pained to say it. I don't think Dezaras is walking away from this. I'd love to be wrong as he may be able to unite the decepticons and actually earn their loyalty better then galvatron.

Note: my praise for Dezaras probably comes from my love of the Victory cartoon, if it wasn't for Masterforce Overlord, Dezaras would be my favourite g1 villain.

Anyway...

The other thing I could see happening is tarn's old identity getting the attack of conscience, causing him an inner conflict, thus we can finally figure out who he used to be.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:15 am

I don't see either saving the day, especially nickel. Sure there have been panels of her being mopey but she's still as much of a monster as any of the other DJD. I don't think Helex and Tesarus as still alive though. Last we saw Helex he was getting beaten down my Magnus and neither showed up by the end of the last issue. I wouldn't be surprised if Tarn tried to call on them again only to have Magnus show up.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 am

Kurona wrote:You're oh so sure Deathy and Nickel will save him ;)

Well, yeah I would really hope for that really :D

Deathsaurus (I like the name, Death-lizard, plus I love dino's so saurus just works for me) seems to me to be the idealistic Decepticon who, while hating organics, actually has morals, a sense of honor and respect, and I really want him to play that deciding factor (just don't die please).

And Nickel: she seems to be disenchanted by Tarn. He killed Kaon right in front of her and then order hundreds of troops straight to a slaughter merely to weaken this enemy that has now pushed him away from what she thought he was. Tarn is no longer the decepticon she thought he was, and she will do something against him.

I am still waiting for Magnus to show up, although where has he been in that fortress? We did see his shoulder buddies back in the place, but no Magnus, so he may still be in the fortress and not intervening... yet. Though he and the rest of the crew still could.

and the idea about Tarn having a conscience attack awaking his older self, I'd take that. Plus, we have to find out who he is this issue. They've pushed it off long enough
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:27 am

And just for you guys, have a cover and a comparison to the issue 29 cover, all by Roche and Burcham:

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:41 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:You're oh so sure Deathy and Nickel will save him ;)

Well, yeah I would really hope for that really :D

Deathsaurus (I like the name, Death-lizard, plus I love dino's so saurus just works for me) seems to me to be the idealistic Decepticon who, while hating organics, actually has morals, a sense of honor and respect, and I really want him to play that deciding factor (just don't die please).

And Nickel: she seems to be disenchanted by Tarn. He killed Kaon right in front of her and then order hundreds of troops straight to a slaughter merely to weaken this enemy that has now pushed him away from what she thought he was. Tarn is no longer the decepticon she thought he was, and she will do something against him.

I am still waiting for Magnus to show up, although where has he been in that fortress? We did see his shoulder buddies back in the place, but no Magnus, so he may still be in the fortress and not intervening... yet. Though he and the rest of the crew still could.

and the idea about Tarn having a conscience attack awaking his older self, I'd take that. Plus, we have to find out who he is this issue. They've pushed it off long enough

Yeah but Nickel is also shooting Autobots with Vos later on commenting that she's wishing she was shooting Megatron. She may be showing a little sadness but she's also someone who is more than happy to clean brain juice out of Helexs mouth.

Deathsauras is a weird one because he has no love for megateon or Autobots, he just wants his men to survive. I don't see him saving the day, I see him giving the order to leave more than anything else and probably being killed for doing that.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:36 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
If megs mouth wasn't open in that second picture then I would like it a lot more. It looks like he's in the middle of singing my heart will go on or a ballad of that nature.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:50 am

For anyone in the discussion currently, the October Solicitations are now up, and oddly, they are absent of any MTMTE stuff so far
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Big Grim » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:16 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And just for you guys, have a cover and a comparison to the issue 29 cover, all by Roche and Burcham:

That's properly excellent!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:27 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:For anyone in the discussion currently, the October Solicitations are now up, and oddly, they are absent of any MTMTE stuff so far

MTMTE is skipping October and putting out their revolution tie in November
Randomhero
Gestalt

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:40 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
With the busyness of San Diego Comic Con and this newsie's brief leave, we lost sight of the new IDW Publishing comics due this week - but fear not, we are back in business! First up, via Nerdspan, is the full preview for More Than Meets the Eye #55, the last part of The Dying of the Light. Look it up below, and head back for a review this Wednesday!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55

James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)

The battle against the DECEPTICON JUSTICE DIVISION is finally over, and for the few AUTOBOTS left standing, all that’s left are words. Four words, to be precise. Four terrible words, millions of years old, that gave the DECEPTICONS their name.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:

An unexpected ending? Or the most unexpected ending?
The crew of the Lost Light has never seen higher stakes!
Setting the stage for TITANS RETURN—and beyond!

Part of IDW’s month-long variant cover program, celebrating the return of ROM!
Variant cover by Carlos Valenzuela!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 am

Aaaaaaaand they're back on the list.

Looks like a lot of ya were right about Nickel and Deathy
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:21 am

Only if the list survives this issue. I think this has turned into the DJD's last stand. Boy Tarn, if you weren't an idiot and killed Kaon you wouldn't have as much trouble as you are about to have!
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Randomhero » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Yeah I've been saying this is the DJDs swan song folks once it's started. I'm not surprised that Deathsaurus is leaving as much as I am Nickel. She's been with them for a year and seen them do horrific things.

I guess everyone made it back to the sanctuary. Didn't realize that until I noticed Cyclonus, Swerve and Rewind there. Guess that means Ultra Magnus is in there too. That's a little disappointing. I was hoping he at least took out Helex.

Really disappointed even more with Overlords inclusion in this story. Really was just a "hey yeah Im alive well, see you later"
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Randomhero wrote:She's been with them for a year and seen them do horrific things.

Yeah, but that isn't the reason she left. Hell, for all we know she's still as much a monster as Helex and Vos - the reason she left was because she was disgusted with Tarn's obsession. She's still a Decepticon through and through - but she doesn't see Tarn as deserving of that anymore.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200365 27RI (CA) Goux (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #29 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B 1223IM260 (CA) Ortiz"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of BEASTS #1 IDW Comics 2022 MAY221564 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM896 (CA) Di Nicuolo (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #1 7th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Beast Wars GATHERING #1 RI Cvr C 1:100 IDW Comics 2006 1RIC 210321A"
Transformers Beast ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON