This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno - Discussion Thread

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:59 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Ooh, he is a bit of a beauty isn't he?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:53 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Hellscream9999 wrote:So is the interior ladder also hinged, or is it in separate pieces?

The first two segments are hinged, you can see the joints on the bottom sides, the third part looks to be short enough to fit inside the middle part without needing to fold.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Emerje wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So is the interior ladder also hinged, or is it in separate pieces?

The first two segments are hinged, you can see the joints on the bottom sides, the third part looks to be short enough to fit inside the middle part without needing to fold.

Emerje

Extra clever ;)^

I could actually go for this on engineering merit alone, I actually dig his winged head design, and it bothers me a little that grapple wouldn't carry that over; still, shame about the bland legs.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Extra clever ;)^

I could actually go for this on engineering merit alone, I actually dig his winged head design, and it bothers me a little that grapple wouldn't carry that over; still, shame about the bland legs.

Yeah, the legs are the only thing I don't like about this. They just look...bland. They really could have done with some more detailing. Not necessarily overkill like on Hexatron, but more like the realistic panel-lining and rivet detailing of MP-10. Some of the details from the toy would have been neat too, like the black kneecaps or the stickers. In fact, one thing I have noticed about recent MPs is that they've been a bit TOO cartoon accurate lately. I preferred the mix of toy and cartoon some of the older post-MP10 Masterpieces used, particularly in paint and colour choices (such as Soundwave using silver instead of white). My only Masterpiece is G2 Sideswipe though so I can't really comment.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Extra clever ;)^

Yeah, the legs are the only thing I don't like about this. They just look...bland. They really could have done with some more detailing. Not necessarily overkill like on Hexatron, but more like the realistic panel-lining and rivet detailing of MP-10. Some of the details from the toy would have been neat too, like the black kneecaps or the stickers. In fact, one thing I have noticed about recent MPs is that they've been a bit TOO cartoon accurate lately. I preferred the mix of toy and cartoon some of the older post-MP10 Masterpieces used, particularly in paint and colour choices (such as Soundwave using silver instead of white). My only Masterpiece is G2 Sideswipe though so I can't really comment.

Yeah, it's gotten pretty out of hand of late :BANG_HEAD:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Emerje » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Delta Magnus wrote:In fact, one thing I have noticed about recent MPs is that they've been a bit TOO cartoon accurate lately.

This is an intentional shift in how they're doing the figures now, but most obvious in the upcoming cartoon-accurate redeco of Red Alert, Ultra Magnus having the red bumper, and the cartoon-based Shockwave even including cartoon-style Decepticon stickers. All MPs are being made to at least try to blend real world vehicles and cartoon bot modes, for the most part ignoring the original figures.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Extra clever ;)^

Yeah, it's gotten pretty out of hand of late :BANG_HEAD:

I think this is one good thing about the fact the 3P companies got theirs out before this came out- it gives people a choice. If I do get an MP Inferno (and indeed if I find myself in a position to be owning an MP collection) I will probably get the official product, as generally speaking Takara takes some beating in the MP division (and also that ladder magic is bloody genius) but I can see the appeal of the unofficial efforts too. Backdraft has that nice Studio Ox look (and as a fan of Studio Ox I can really appreciate that) whilst Hellfire has really, really nice proportions, a pleasant amount of detail and he does tickle my G1 toy fan in all the right places.

I don't really think there's a "wrong" way to go. The official route is the best for those who want cartoon accuracy, whilst Maketoys is a good bet for people wanting toy homages and MMC will be great for Studio Ox fans.

This is an intentional shift in how they're doing the figures now, but most obvious in the upcoming cartoon-accurate redeco of Red Alert, Ultra Magnus having the red bumper, and the cartoon-based Shockwave even including cartoon-style Decepticon stickers. All MPs are being made to at least try to blend real world vehicles and cartoon bot modes, for the most part ignoring the original figures.

Yeah, that seems about right. I kind of wish they would stick to one "style" as it were though (specifically the one set by Shogo Hasui and MP-10) as I do worry that people getting all the MPs are going to end up with slightly disjointed looking collections. I'd also like it if they carried on doing more toy-accurate alternate releases (like with Bluestreak), if only because I'm a fan of the look of the retro toys. Case in point, Shockwave. I think he looks great (60 degree knees aside) but I'd much rather have him in the gorgeous metallic aubergine purple of the toy than the flat lavender of the cartoon.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Emerje wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:In fact, one thing I have noticed about recent MPs is that they've been a bit TOO cartoon accurate lately.

Emerje

Doesn't make it a 'correct' decision, it really lessens the title of Masterpiece in my eye's =;

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Emerje » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:Doesn't make it a 'correct' decision, it really lessens the title of Masterpiece in my eye's =;

I don't think it really lessens it in any way. A lot of people want us to get Transformers that look as much as possible as they did on the cartoon while others want upgrades of the original toys. I think both approaches are worthy of being called "masterpiece" depending on who you ask.

Personally I'm indifferent as long as they're good figures.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Emerje wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Doesn't make it a 'correct' decision, it really lessens the title of Masterpiece in my eye's =;

I don't think it really lessens it in any way. A lot of people want us to get Transformers that look as much as possible as they did on the cartoon while others want upgrades of the original toys. I think both approaches are worthy of being called "masterpiece" depending on who you ask.

Personally I'm indifferent as long as they're good figures.

Emerje

Yup, that's why I said 'in my eye's'; I get it, people like this shift, a few don't, and it's sad that this once cohesive set of mp's isn't going to have a cohesive style, thus mitigating a lot of their hard work, but whatever, it's not my problem.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Imagine what would have happen if MP Ironhide would have been based mostly on the G1 toy? Yeah...

So, they went the perfect route. Cartoon accurate with G1 toy hommages and easter eggs. For me, THAT'S what the MP line is really about.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Big Grim » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:48 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:Cuz he can take the heat! 8-)

Always loved that image from the annual.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

New Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:57 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of site sponsor TFsource, we have some new official images - including the official DO NOT COPY lettering - of the next announced Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-33 Inferno! We're sure to see more images from this set soon, but for now, check it out below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby BumbleDouche » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:12 am

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Cue the Red Alert jizz-splash jokes.
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:26 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MegaDump wrote:Cue the Red Alert jizz-splash jokes.

Argh, you beat me to it... not fair
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: New Official Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:20 am

Dr Va'al wrote:Courtesy of site sponsor TFsource, we have some new official images - including the official DO NOT COPY lettering - of the next announced Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-33 Inferno! We're sure to see more images from this set soon, but for now, check it out below.

That does look nice. I wish they'd gone for a richer, darker, glossy red though.

Ooh. Between this and the two non-crap unofficial routes I'm not sure which I like best. If this had the colourscheme and detailing of the Maketoys version it'd be an easy victory for the MP, but he does look...bland, in a way.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
So, is ayone getting this for 140$?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:So, is ayone getting this for 140$?

Me! I added MP Inferno's preorder to my stack a few hours ago. :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Yeah I am too, besides these initial prices usually go down in like a week anyway. But even if they don't $140 isn't that much for ladder magic
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:16 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
steals_your_goats wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Yeah I am too, besides these initial prices usually go down in like a week anyway. But even if they don't $140 isn't that much for ladder magic

I'll wait for the HLJ pre order, as always.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:14 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Yeah, just like when shockwave came out, they wanted it to appear competitive with the 3p shockwaves that people weren't going to buy from then on, I'd imagine they want something similar for the 3p out-fer-yes' >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:39 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
steals_your_goats wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I like your passion guys! While he looks awesome, I will wait to see my options. Less popular characters can sometimes be gotten for cheaper through difference sources, as was the case for Tracks and G2 Bumblebee (and Red body bumblebee which I just got).

Ironhidensh wrote:I'll wait for the HLJ pre order, as always.

I am very curious to see if that will still be a cheaper option once we add shipping and the current exchange. The rate could go down of course by then.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sideswipe79 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:17 pm

From the picture it seems good. I'll get it.
Sideswipe79
Mini-Con

Takara Tomy Masterpiece Inferno Additional Images

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Fellow Seibertronians, with pre-orders for him going up, we now have some additional images of the upcoming Takara Tomy Masterpiece Inferno figure, showing off his hose and water spray accessory, along with most of his other accessories, including his multiple faces and bumpers. Check them out, and let us know what you think of him in the comments below.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
First MP to come with a spittle accessory. :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LA15 GRIMLOCK Transformers Lost Age Extinction AOE Takara Power Battlers New"
LA15 GRIMLOCK Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class Movie TLK Hasbro New 2017"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HD-DVD Movie 2007 Two-Disc Special Edition Set starring LaBeouf+Fox"
Transformers HD-DV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Cyber Slammers RATCHET Transformers Movie 2007 complete Hasbro 170510A"
Cyber Slammers RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF complete 240109V"
NEW!
SHANGHAI SHOWDOWN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Legion Class Movie AOE 2014 New 220427A"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON