This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Titans Return Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Titans Return Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Remember earlier today when we showed off July Solicitations and there was a Titans Return one-shot comic included? Well, thanks to James Roberts Twitter Page we have some new information regarding the upcoming role of the Titans Return theme and how it will be fitting into the comics. The Titans Return one-shot shall be written by Roberts, John Barber, and Mairghread Scott. The theme will then spread out into other books, and Roberts confirmed that More Than Meets The Eye issues 56 and 57 will be part of the crossover. It is unclear at this time what The Transformers will do with the crossover, but it is not unreasonable to assume we will have details regarding that book soon, so stay tuned here as we gather more news on this upcoming IDW Titans Return Comic Run!

James Roberts wrote:TDOTL (The Dying of the Light) ends in #55. Next 2 issues are part of the Titans Return crossover. The TR one-shot is by Mairghread, John and me. #56 + #57 are by me

EDIT:

Titans Return storyline:
(See also: the-transformers-idwverse-a-chronology-p1722326.php#p1722326)

Titans Return One Shot

The Transformers 56 - 57?
More Than Meets the Eye 56 - 57?
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Titans Return Comics Thread

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Hehehe. Suck it up, MTMTE fans, YOU'RE COMING WITH US THIS TIME!
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Yep, Season 3 of MTMTE starts with some Titan Masters. Wonder how THAT is going to work considering all that is and will happen :MAXIMAL:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ishigoto » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Sounds neat actually. If Roberts is genuinely on board, he'd shed some light on the mystery that is the Metrotitans, and it makes sense that the Lost Light would run into some of them on the way to CuberUtopia!
ishigoto
Micromaster

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:15 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Yep, Season 3 of MTMTE starts with some Titan Masters. Wonder how THAT is going to work considering all that is and will happen :MAXIMAL:

Season one technically ended with that Ammonites issue(22) and that honestly didn't matter. These guys know what they're doing
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Re: IDW Titans Return Discussion Thread

Postby Brakethrough » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:26 am

Calling it here: Brainstorm gets blown up, reappears three pages later. "What? Oh the body? I have, like, a dozen of these things."
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:00 am

Or it won't matter. They stated last year MTMTEs involvement will be dealing with the history of Titans. It doesn't mean Chromedome brainstorm highbrow will becoming headmasters. It might just be a couple issues on Lunar One with fort max exploring the Metrotitan graveyard.

Let's not forget that combiner wars barely followed the toys. We got devastator, defensor, Superion Optimus maximus(barely)and Menasor. No galvatronus no bruticus no sky reign. They did their own thing and made it work and like I said before, there's no pack in comics. They do not have to follow what the toys are making. There's been zero build up to headmasters returning except that issue of RID that was two years when Titans one shot comes out. We had over 6 months of set up for combiner wars. We're not getting that this time.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Cyberstrike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:39 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
I think having Roberts (and MTMTE) being more involved in the crossovers makes sense. If for example Chromedome becomes a Headmaster in the IDW comics, and Roberts is not involved in that, he becomes stuck with a character change that he might not have wanted or like how he became a Headmaster keeps MTMTE from being involved in the comic universe.

It also becomes a pain to keep having to explain why certain characters getting off the ship to go back to Cybertron or Earth (like Mirage and First Aid in Combiner Wars).
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:11 am

Well he should be involved. He's book two in a comic world that currently only has two books with it. People throw the biggest fits when They announce these events because they're scared MTMTE will get forced to be part of them and deviate what's going on in the book. MTMTE is always deviating from itself. In the past 12 months we got an entire issue of ratchet secretly leaving the ship, a DJD issue, battling a murdering mneumosurgeon, finding the nectobot, and hanging out on a holographic earth and a two issue scavengers story. The scavengers have absolutely nothing to do with the lost light yet. A lot of this year in MTMTE was deviating from the main story. It was. Yes, some had to do with some important things but some stuff absolutely didn't. It's a book of deviations and having MTMTE join in an event doesn't take away anything that James is doing. If anything it gives MTMTE a chance to join in on some huge stuff going on with everyone else.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Cyberstrike » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Randomhero wrote:Well he should be involved. He's book two in a comic world that currently only has two books with it. People throw the biggest fits when They announce these events because they're scared MTMTE will get forced to be part of them and deviate what's going on in the book. MTMTE is always deviating from itself. In the past 12 months we got an entire issue of ratchet secretly leaving the ship, a DJD issue, battling a murdering mneumosurgeon, finding the nectobot, and hanging out on a holographic earth and a two issue scavengers story. The scavengers have absolutely nothing to do with the lost light yet. A lot of this year in MTMTE was deviating from the main story. It was. Yes, some had to do with some important things but some stuff absolutely didn't. It's a book of deviations and having MTMTE join in an event doesn't take away anything that James is doing. If anything it gives MTMTE a chance to join in on some huge stuff going on with everyone else.

I think part of it has too with how DC and Marvel always seem to have titles that sits just outside of the big events that feel more fun or special, (i.e.Batwoman and Harley Quinn from DC and X-Factor from Marvel) and when they are thrown into the events they tend to suck big time. I mean Batwoman went to crap when DC decided she had to be more involved with Batman and the New 52 events as a whole. Harley Quinn has so far avoided that (except for the God-awful Future's End one-shot) and while X-Factor did get involved in various Marvel and/or X-Book events they tended to make fun of the events or at the very least always seem like the villain didn't care one way or the other about them.

When these things do happen some of these books tends to go down the drain, creators get mad and quit and so on, so for me at least, it's an understandable worry, but if the writer is involved and the publisher makes it so that they know when the next event is coming and what it is about and what character changes are going to happen and allow enough time to get things paid off and/or set up the more fun these events can be not only for the creators but for the fans as well.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby Randomhero » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Those are also companies that's have over 52 books in their line ups. We get 2 and coming 3.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby o.supreme » Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
By all my calculations, this is also issue #300 of the overall IDW G1 continuity, anyone else figure differently?
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

IDW Transformers Titans Return One Shot Subscription Cover Revealed

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:47 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Previews has revealed the subscription cover for the IDW Titans Return One Shot comic. Is it a version of Sentinel we see on the cover with Metroplex? Who do you think it is? The cover is done by Priscilla Tramontano, who posted a clean version on her twitter page. Enjoy!

Publisher: IDW PUBLISHING
(W) Mairghread Scott & Various (A/CA) Livio Ramondelli
THE LAST AUTOBOT! Once he ruled CYBERTRON with a brutal (and literal) iron fist... left for dead four million years ago, SENTINEL PRIME is back. But in a world where STARSCREAM rules CYBERTON, OPTIMUS PRIME has invaded Earth, and MEGATRON is an AUTOBOT-SENTINEL doesn't like what he sees!
Bullet points:
The story continues in TRANSFORMERS #56 and MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #56 next month, and expands to TILL ALL ARE ONE this fall!
For the first time ever-Scott, Roberts, and Barber working together on one story!
Plus the powerful noir art of superstar Livio Ramondelli!
After OPTIMUS is hailed; after the LIGHT dies... the next phase of TRANSFORMERS comics starts here!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Looks like Sentinel got the Apex Armour back. Just wait till Optimus beats him up and takes it for himself to become a Powermaster~
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:31 am

Yep, Sentinel already as a repaint :lol: but really, where did that color scheme come from?
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:23 am

perspective...Is that bot almost as big as Metroplex?...or is Metroplex just way in the background...?

Since the comic, and subsequent storyline is called Titan(s) return I assume there will be more than one. So...Metrotitan, or will FortMax somehow obtain his giant Headmaster body?
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:25 am

Sentinel is just really close, and I think that is not metroplex. that should be the Earth titan from issue 54
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:10 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I like it, makes me wish that was the sentinel prime toy we were getting.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Hmm, I assumed that was now-ruler-of-Earth Optimus Prime and Earth's Titan.

Edit: I mean, besides it being Optimus' rifle, beneath all of that armor, aren't those his kneecaps and abs?
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Sneak Peek - IDW Titans Return iTunes Preview

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via the usual iTunes screenshots magickry, we have our first look at the upcoming Transformers: Titans Return one-shot comic from IDW Publishing - the last big Transformers event before Revolution shakes the IDWverse about - as co-written by Mairghread Scott, John Barber and James Roberts. Check out the short preview below!

THE LAST AUTOBOT! Once he ruled CYBERTRON with a brutal (and literal) iron fist... left for dead four million years ago, SENTINEL PRIME is back. But in a world where STARSCREAM rules CYBERTON, OPTIMUS PRIME has invaded Earth, and MEGATRON is an AUTOBOT—SENTINEL doesn’t like what he sees!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Sentinel 2016 - Make Cybertron Great Again.

:michaelbay:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So sentinel is going to usher in a new age of violence because he's the closest thing the cybertonians have to the kkk (better red then dead? I hope he gets fitting just desserts.

Still can't wait to see if they are introducing the concept of the titanmasters to idw, also are we going straight from titan returns to revolution?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:43 pm

I believe TR will be part of Revolution. Revolution involves pretty much the entire IDW universe of Hasbro owned properties, whereas TR is specific to The Transformers.

This TR is a one shot, my understanding being that it would kick off a series of issues that would cross all TF titles similar to CW, but now with Revolution thrown in the mix, I'm not sure how it will work out. I just want Fort Max to get a Titan sized body, so we can put the whole "who's bigger" Metroplex or Fort Max debate to rest. In IDW, at least they will be the same size to match the newest generation of toys.

I was thinking Revolution was something akin to Infestation I & II, except this time, only with Hasbro IP (TF, GI Joe, Micronauts, ROM, MASK...) cant remember if Visionaries is part of this, or just the Hasbro CU.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:51 pm

o.supreme wrote:I believe TR will be part of Revolution. Revolution involves pretty much the entire IDW universe of Hasbro owned properties, whereas TR is specific to The Transformers.

This TR is a one shot, my understanding being that it would kick off a series of issues that would cross all TF titles similar to CW, but now with Revolution thrown in the mix, I'm not sure how it will work out. I just want Fort Max to get a Titan sized body, so we can put the whole "who's bigger" Metroplex or Fort Max debate to rest. In IDW, at least they will be the same size to match the newest generation of toys.

I was thinking Revolution was something akin to Infestation I & II, except this time, only with Hasbro IP (TF, GI Joe, Micronauts, ROM, MASK...) cant remember if Visionaries is part of this, or just the Hasbro CU.

Not entirely sure about TR going directly into Revolution, but as far as we know, TF56-7 and MTMTE56-7 are continuing from here. TAAO will follow the storyline somehow come September, which is when Revolution hits, so you may have a point. :-?

(Visionaries is not part of Revolution. Action Man is.)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:19 pm

It'll be interesting to see what they've got cooked up for Sentinel Prime here. While he wasn't explicitly killed in Megatron Origin, I wonder where he's been hiding out all this time.

Aside from Abominus, Sentinel always seemed like the least characterized of the Primes. Not an imperialist tyrant like Nova or a ruler pushed to become a monster like Zeta. I like the idea of the betrayed hard liner we see here, just as long as it's sufficiently different from Galvatron's supremacist barbarism.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926I"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Delbo 210309A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E 0124IM242 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HEART OF DARKNESS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 3RI (CA) Farinas"
Transformers HEART ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM327 5E (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight SOUNDWAVE RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Roche 231208S"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0923IM828 (CA) Tocchini"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM826 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON