This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Paramount and Hasbro Shared Cinematic Universe Writers Room: Brian K Vaughan, Nicole Perlman & More

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Paramount and Hasbro Shared Cinematic Universe Writers Room: Brian K Vaughan, Nicole Perlman & More

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Randomhero wrote:Hope it’s good! I wasn’t a a fan of the first one but I did enjoy the the second one just fine. You could tell the director was a fan and did what he could with it with trying to bring some faith to GI joe
Didn't help that the first one also seemed to take some inspiration from the G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 series.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Paramount and Hasbro Shared Cinematic Universe Writers Room: Brian K Vaughan, Nicole Perlman & More

Postby dragons » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 pm

reallu like second gijoe would have like first gijoe movie if destroy had metal mask, cobra commander look like he did in sequel movie and same with snake eyes
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:13 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Even though I have little faith in a 3rd Joe movie, let's hope it will be good and successful enough to revive this dead franchise.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby YoungPrime » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:01 am

....For the love of God! Who's still giving this Studio greenlights?????!

Seriously! The last 2 years have resulted in flops to barely breaking even. Just look at Paramount's 2017:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/cha ... amount.htm

2016 they had about 3 successful films who's profits swallowed up thanks to 12 flops!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/cha ... amount.htm

Then again this crap explains why the Transformers IDW-verse has been compromised with crappy crossovers in hopes of building up hype for these films. So at this rate I wouldn't mind Disney buying Hasbro, Paramount and IDW since they all wanna half@ss the MCU's methods anyway.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby First-Aid » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
SO am I the only one here who is geeked about a big budget D and D movie???? Because everything else was expected, but I didn't know anything about Dungeons and Dragons coming back! Here's hoping it's better than Warcraft... :POPCORN:
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:37 am

I would like to see them do a combine universe with these series, but I really think you need to start over with GI Joe. I didn't care for either movie.
The idea has potential, but they need to be more serious about it, and not just do so many things on what seems to be a whim.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender

Postby Rated X » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Can we get the Rock facing off against Cobra Commander? Rock Bottom anyone?
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Rated X wrote:Can we get the Rock facing off against Cobra Commander? Rock Bottom anyone?
Didn't that kinda already happen in the second Joe movie?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby First-Aid » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:19 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Can we get the Rock facing off against Cobra Commander? Rock Bottom anyone?
Didn't that kinda already happen in the second Joe movie?

There was never a direct face off. He took on Firefly directly, but no Cobra Commander.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby TulioDude » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Maybe we will finally get The Rock and the Transformers in the same movie.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

ROM and M.A.S.K. Live-Action Movies Not Likely to Happen Anymore

Postby Bounti76 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:09 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
It's been some time since we heard any news regarding the Hasbro/Paramount cinematic universe. While your dreams of seeing G.I. Joe and Transformers in the same live-action movie universe may still happen, it appears that certain properties may not see a live-action big screen adventure after all. Scotty P pointed us to an article on IGN's website that features an interview with John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, writers on the well-received Spider-Man: Homecoming movie, regarding the shared cinematic universe, and for the ROM and M.A.S.K properties in particular:

"Those are probably not likely to see the light of day, unless they’re moving on separate from us," said Goldstein. "It’s a funny thing. We spent three weeks in a room with a lot of talented writers. We broke 11 or so movies and, I don’t know. It just kind of went into the vortex. There’s been some leadership changes at Paramount, so it’s hard to say. Nobody’s contacted us about those."

How does this news strike you? Were you hoping to see ROM battling the Dire Wraiths on the big screen? You can read the full interview by clicking here. Please let us know your thoughts on this new development (or lack of development, rather) below!
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby DMSL » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:59 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Never say never.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Burn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:05 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
He's just a writer from the writers room, there's no guarantee he was going to be asked to write anyway.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Rezael » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:18 am

Disappointing, I'd much rather see a M.A.S.K. film over transformers at this point.
Rezael
Mini-Con

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:56 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
IDW failed with the M.A.S.K. comic. They changed too much from the original, loosing what made it work. The editor in charge should be fired and black listed from comics.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I wonder how much of this is to do with TLK's failure. Still, not like Im particularly sad- I have zero attachment to Rom or M.A.S.K (though I will admit the 80s toyline for the latter looked pretty sweet) and I can't see reboot movies working all that well. Transformers worked because it has a history of being rebooted and reimagined every five minutes. M.A.S.K and Rom don't have that.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II

Postby Rated X » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:31 am

Mask was kind of far fetched anyways. To think some pop up Lambo doors could act as wings is ridiculous. Plus a helicoptor that can turn into a jet in mid air was also pretty far fetched. I did own the motorcycle sidecar thing as a kid because I thought it was kind of cool. But as I look back, I can see why the producers and writers just said no...
Rated X
Banned

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:37 am

Rated X wrote:Mask was kind of far fetched anyways. To think some pop up Lambo doors could act as wings is ridiculous. Plus a helicoptor that can turn into a jet in mid air was also pretty far fetched. I did own the motorcycle sidecar thing as a kid because I thought it was kind of cool. But as I look back, I can see why the producers and writers just said no...

1) It was a Camero, not a Lambo.

2) Because super hero's and boy wizards aren't far fetched at all.

Ironhidensh
Faction Commander

Postby Dr. Caelus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 am

M.A.S.K. could really just be folded into a G.I.Joe reboot; they mesh so well there's not much reason to keep the stories separate.

Rom I've really come to love, but should probably justbe sold to Marvel - Dire Wraiths have tied into Skrulls before, or they could be adapted to tie into the Brood or Klyntyr - either way Rom and his enemies make good elements for post-Thanos GotG/Cpt. Marvel.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Rated X » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 am

Ironhidensh wrote:
Rated X wrote:Mask was kind of far fetched anyways. To think some pop up Lambo doors could act as wings is ridiculous. Plus a helicoptor that can turn into a jet in mid air was also pretty far fetched. I did own the motorcycle sidecar thing as a kid because I thought it was kind of cool. But as I look back, I can see why the producers and writers just said no...

1) It was a Camero, not a Lambo.

2) Because super hero's and boy wizards aren't far fetched at all.

Obviously youre not into customized cars...I clearly said "Lambo doors" not "Lambo". Heres a picture of Bee with Lambo doors:

https://www.carid.com/vertical-doors-in ... RAQAvD_BwE

BTW: Its spelled "Camaro" not "Camero"

Some far fetched things are just not as cool as others when it comes to live action movies. I dont see any Gobots live action movies coming our way either...
Rated X
Banned

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:02 am

Fine then, Thunderhawk has gull wing doors, not Lambo doors. I'll concede your second point.

Ironhidensh
Faction Commander

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:15 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Shame, I’d’ve liked to have seen MASK come to be. Lots of good potential for a Transformers/GI Joe/MASK crossover.

Rom, eh. I can take or leave it.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby Rated X » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:27 am

Ironhidensh wrote:Fine then, Thunderhawk has gull wing doors, not Lambo doors. I'll concede your second point.

True. Notice I called them "pop up Lambo doors" because I had no clue what to call doors that go up in that particular fasion. But now I know. And knowing is half the battle. ;)
Rated X
Banned

Postby Nexus Knight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Ironhidensh wrote:IDW failed with the M.A.S.K. comic. They changed too much from the original, loosing what made it work. The editor in charge should be fired and black listed from comics.

Actually, saying that straying from to source isn't the reason the comic failed. IDWverse Transformers has strayed so far from the original you could probably build a football field or two. They just couldn't make it interesting, which is hard to see how. The premise is basically written for them- a team of people who are practically superheroes (powers, codenames, and all) with vehicles that convert into mobile battle stations.

I have to agree with one point made- This would be hard to be made in a live action flick. It's harder to suspend disbelief with live action than with animation. Plus, they'd have to get a large budget for special effects and hope the people don't give them a garbage product. If a M.A.S.K. movie were made, animation probably would be a better medium to do so. Which is why we should instead get a TV show. :-D
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Rated X wrote:Some far fetched things are just not as cool as others when it comes to live action movies. I dont see any Gobots live action movies coming our way either...
In the specific case of GoBots, it's because that really can't happen since it's a dead franchise whose ownership rights have been split across three different companies, two of which are even rival competitor companies.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr K 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230288 3K (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P 1:150 virgin Dynamite Comics 2023 NOV220598 2P (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #112 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics JUL230122 112E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230420 (CA) Gonzales"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr M 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230485 1M (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics AUG230027 113E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr E 1:15 Boom Studios Comics NOV230037 116E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2023 JUN231495 2D (CA) Gorham"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 2nd ptg Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230415"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231595 4A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles APR210668 Eastman"
TMNT ANNUAL Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics OCT230079 115F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 1D (CA) Lee"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 APR231627 2C (CA) Reilly"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON