Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Share your Transformers sightings here with other fellow Seibertronians in your area, meet other fans, plan meetups, and help each other find the latest new figure or great bargain at stores in your area. Feel free to help each other out finding other popular toys in your area as well.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Emerje » Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:I didn't realize this hadn't already been posted. I saw Krok and Quake at a couple Ross stores in Panama City and Pensacola last week.

Yeah, I don't have a Ross in the state, but I've seen a few people post about this in the forums. I guess I just assumed they'd already been in the news.

Don't bother checking TJMaxx, they're full priced there.

Emerje

I'm surprised to hear that. I don't think I've ever seen "full priced" Transformers at Marshall's or TJ Maxx before.

They botched the original price, saying it was $20-something so they only marked it down to $16.99 or so. I had posted a photo of the price tag, but can't find it, it's on the forum somewhere. Others have found the same thing so it's a chain-wide issue.

Emerje
Emerje
City Commander
News Credits: 31
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Kyleor » Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Lucky, I haven't seen any Transformers in any Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross near me in about a year I think.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby carytheone » Wed May 16, 2018 8:30 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Kyleor wrote:Lucky, I haven't seen any Transformers in any Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross near me in about a year I think.
Ditto, last TFs I saw at TJ Max were deluxe Combiner Wars figures wave 6 and AoE deluxes at Marshalls. Been kind of a drought at the discount stores as of late.
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 52
Alt Mode: [+[___]+]

Trypticon in Ollies Sale Flyer for $49.99 starts Thursday 5/17

Postby EmoTim » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 am

Hi all,
I was following the Trypticon Ollies thread from about a month ago and came across this in the sales flyer for starting tomorrow, Thursday 5/17/2018. It's not as good as the previously reported $12 or so, but this is still a pretty great deal for a pretty cool Transformer.

20180516_104955 (1).jpg
Ollie's Ad
EmoTim
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Oh snaps errybody.

OH SNAPS!!

TOMORROW!! TODAY IN SOME PLACES!!
Trypticon.JPG

If you're a scalper, and you go buy them up, I don't wish you harm. Although I really hope you have a tire blow out and have to unload your trunk to get to your spare tire or jack or tools, and it's raining, and all the boxes and your profits are ruined.

Just sayin'.

8-)
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
carytheone wrote:I've found over the years that sometimes the wants are better than the haves.
Cobotron wrote:Do what Cram does = Happy life
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Buy from itscramtastic on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
^ ?? I got a perfectly good 3 speed fan at walmart for that same price...not sure where the deal is... ;)
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Gestalt
News Credits: 11
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 12:30 pm

o.supreme wrote:^ ?? I got a perfectly good 3 speed fan at walmart for that same price...not sure where the deal is... ;)
I mean, I'd go for the fan!! :lol: :lol:
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
carytheone wrote:I've found over the years that sometimes the wants are better than the haves.
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Waitasecond..where'd that other post come from?!
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby carytheone » Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm

itscramtastic wrote:Waitasecond..where'd that other post come from?!
Awe man, you got ninja'd :(
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 1:06 pm

But I didn't! I got a "reply to thread" notification that wasn't the post from o.supreme and the only one was that other one between your post and mine!!

CRAZY THINGS ARE AFOOT!! KREMZEEKS ARE ERRYWHERE!!
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby carytheone » Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm

itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't!
I'm talking about the person that posted the ollie's thing before you. That's what I thought you were talking about. :-?
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm

carytheone wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't!
I'm talking about the person that posted the ollie's thing before you. That's what I thought you were talking about. :-?
That's what I'm saying! :lol:
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Cobotron » Wed May 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't! I got a "reply to thread" notification that wasn't the post from o.supreme and the only one was that other one between your post and mine!!

Nope. First time poster sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved, it sends a email notification regardless of when it was posted.

WELCOME EMOTIM!!!! Thanks for the post!

Good luck to all who have access to Ollie's! ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
Site Moderator
News Credits: 32
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Cobotron wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:But I didn't! I got a "reply to thread" notification that wasn't the post from o.supreme and the only one was that other one between your post and mine!!

Nope. First time poster sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved, it sends a email notification regardless of when it was posted.
Well, you ninja'd me Cobotron. I'll remember this day!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby carytheone » Wed May 16, 2018 1:31 pm

itscramtastic wrote:
Cobotron wrote:

Well, you ninja'd me Cobotron. I'll remember this day!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

I knew the mods were out to get us :shock:

The closet Ollies to me is almost 4 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 pm

carytheone wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Nope. First time poster sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once approved, it sends a email notification regardless of when it was posted.

I knew the mods were out to get us :shock:

The closet Ollies to me is 3 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o
6 hours is a haul round trip, BUT THINK OF THE ADVENTURES TRYPTICON WILL HAVE ON THE TRIP BACK!!
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby carytheone » Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 pm

itscramtastic wrote:
carytheone wrote:The closet Ollies to me is almost 4 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o
6 hours is a haul round trip, BUT THINK OF THE ADVENTURES TRYPTICON WILL HAVE ON THE TRIP BACK!!
I had the time wrong, 4 hours actually. In gas and time spent, I could just pay a robro for shipping 8-)
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby itscramtastic » Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 pm

carytheone wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
carytheone wrote:The closet Ollies to me is almost 4 hours away :BANG_HEAD: you win some, you lose some #-o
I had the time wrong, 4 hours actually. In gas and time spent, I could just pay a robro for shipping 8-)
It's true. You could. ;)^
Collection!
Sales!
Feedback!
Customs!
itscramtastic
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby AlphaBass » Wed May 16, 2018 2:33 pm

itscramtastic wrote:Oh snaps errybody.

OH SNAPS!!

TOMORROW!! TODAY IN SOME PLACES!!
Trypticon.JPG

If you're a scalper, and you go buy them up, I don't wish you harm. Although I really hope you have a tire blow out and have to unload your trunk to get to your spare tire or jack or tools, and it's raining, and all the boxes and your profits are ruined.

Just sayin'.

8-)

I've got access to an Ollie's about 10 minutes from my house. Hope it's still there and I can use my 15% off coupon....
AlphaBass
Mini-Con

Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Thanks to a heads up from new user EmoTim and long time member Itscramtastic, we have news that Ollies, source of many insane Transformers deals over the past month or so, has advertised that starting tomorrow, the stores will be carrying Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99!

Now this price may not surprise many people, seeing as how we have had sightings of Trypticon at Ollies for as low as $12 in the past month or 2, but this is the first time it is being advertised, and it must be a big deal if it made Ollies catalog. The original price for this figure was $149.99 (instead of the advertised $139.99, which was a price found on later, price lowered units), so this is a $100 savings if you can find the figure! The sale is listed as officially starting tomorrow.

Ready to hunt down the giant Decepticon kaiju? Good luck hunting, and let us know if you find 1 or many more in the comments section below as well as in our Toy Haul Thread!

Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
News Credits: 288
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby Black Bumblebee » Wed May 16, 2018 5:11 pm

I have heard of people finding the wave that had Misfire and Twintwist at Ollies recently as well. If anyone finds these, please put them up on ebay for a reasonable price.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby JChewning » Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Yes they have had multiple different figures, including Misfire and Twin Twist (although they ran out really fast!) and just got a $49.99 Trypticon today!
Attachments
20180512_114200.jpg
JChewning
Mini-Con

Postby Emerje » Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:I didn't realize this hadn't already been posted. I saw Krok and Quake at a couple Ross stores in Panama City and Pensacola last week.

Yeah, I don't have a Ross in the state, but I've seen a few people post about this in the forums. I guess I just assumed they'd already been in the news.

Don't bother checking TJMaxx, they're full priced there.

Emerje

I'm surprised to hear that. I don't think I've ever seen "full priced" Transformers at Marshall's or TJ Maxx before.

They botched the original price, saying it was $20-something so they only marked it down to $16.99 or so. I had posted a photo of the price tag, but can't find it, it's on the forum somewhere. Others have found the same thing so it's a chain-wide issue.

Emerje

Went back Wednesday to get another shot of the price tag on Triggerhappy showing $16.99 based on an original $22! Still a dollar cheaper than Walgreens...

20180516_193217.jpg

They also had a random Voyager Optimus Prime in a mangled box for an excellent $12.99. Sure, that makes sense. Passed since I already have two.

20180516_193111.jpg

Emerje
Emerje
City Commander
News Credits: 31
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Is this the fixed hips version? :???:

the $ 49.99 Trypticon that is.
Buy Official Hb/TakaraTitancityformers at retail price or else the 3rd party makers win!

"Shelfwarming"
Btw, its been nearly a year now and TR Soundwave and Blaster aren't moving in the shelve of TRU, is that shelfwarming or what?

_ _ _ _ . ._ _ . ._. ...._ _ _. _ _ _._. ._. .. _ . . . ._ . _ . _ _ _ _ . ..... . _ ..._. . . . _ _ . _ . . _. ._ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _._ _ . . ._..._.. . . ._ _ _ . _ _ _ _ ._ _ _ . . . . _ _ _ .. _ _ _.. _ - _ __ _ _ _. .
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
fenrir72 wrote:Is this the fixed hips version? :???:

the $ 49.99 Trypticon that is.

That just occurred to me last night. Perhaps the reason why these have sold so inexpensively is that these are the initial "bad batch" (Hip spring too big, warped green plastic door etc...), has anyone opened and played with any of these (even the previous $20 ones), to confirm? For what its worth, My Trypticon was purchased at a local TRU back in September (never saw it on the shelf, just happened to look behind the customer service desk and had to swindle it from the clerk), and it has no problems. So I don't think any of us knows the timeframe of when the fix exactly occurred, or how many defective ones were manufactured.
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry