This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Ollie’s Ultramagnus Big Discount

Postby AutobotDad » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:26 pm

The new Ollie’s flier shows Ultra Magnus for 24.99

As an added bonus the typo is kinda funny.

Happy hunting!
Attachments
A02D3529-A2F9-4E2E-891D-1318BA21DD7B.jpeg
AutobotDad
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:01 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We have great news for whoever likes a bargain and is within driving distance to an Ollie's store. The Walmart exclusive Netflix Transformers Ultra Magnus spoiler pack, which includes a magnus turning grey, a pink rung and some energon cubes in putty, is being sold for just $24.99 USD. What makes this extra fun is the typo in the printed flyer where the toy is called Ultra Mangus. The deal starts TOMORROW. This was sent to us by fellow Seibertronian AutobotDad and we thank him for the news.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's

Postby o.supreme » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:07 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:and is within driving distance to an Ollie's store.

All 2% of the fandom. The Toy market is a scalpers paradise, and yet nobody who has the ability to seems to care about changing that.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:37 pm

o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:and is within driving distance to an Ollie's store.

All 2% of the fandom. The Toy market is a scalpers paradise, and yet nobody who has the ability to seems to care about changing that.

The only way to stop the scalping is for fans to stop buying from scalpers. Anyone who buys from a scalper is complicit in their business model. They are the only ones who can change that.

Anyways, at least you and I can share in the same misery since Ollie's is nowhere near me either.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby o.supreme » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:49 pm

I never have purchased from scalpers, and by all indications, many people here don't either, I guess it's part of my being out of touch with most of the community, since I prefer to communicate still on forums like this. I don't have any accounts on FB, Twitter etc... and it appears that is where many people are now, (and much of the toxicity). I know I cant force anything, but I don't know how to encourage fans NOT to buy from scalpers, other than telling them not to.

Still... When Places like Ollies (not blaming them just making an example), sell something like TR Trypitcon for $40, scalpers can sell it for $80-$100, and to the untrained, that seems like a great deal because it normally retails for $160.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:00 pm

o.supreme wrote:I never have purchased from scalpers, and by all indications, many people here don't either, I guess it's part of my being out of touch with most of the community, since I prefer to communicate still on forums like this. I don't have any accounts on FB, Twitter etc... and it appears that is where many people are now, (and much of the toxicity). I know I cant force anything, but I don't know how to encourage fans NOT to buy from scalpers, other than telling them not to.

Still... When Places like Ollies (not blaming them just making an example), sell something like TR Trypitcon for $40, scalpers can sell it for $80-$100, and to the untrained, that seems like a great deal because it normally retails for $160.

I still have Facebook and I went there right after reading your comment and no joke, this is what welcomed me when I logged in:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:26 pm

I know we don't always agree on things, but I do want to continue to express my appreciation to you, and all the staff here at Seibertron for all your hard work and keeping things civil. If I had to go to a major Social media outlet, I think I'd give up on the hobby altogether.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby AutobotDad » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:35 pm

If you aren’t around an Ollie’s and are interested I’ll check my store and grab extras. Shoot me a message.
AutobotDad
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 pm

o.supreme wrote:I know we don't always agree on things, but I do want to continue to express my appreciation to you, and all the staff here at Seibertron for all your hard work and keeping things civil. If I had to go to a major Social media outlet, I think I'd give up on the hobby altogether.

And I am happy to be here for you!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 pm

That typo takes me back to the '90s, when fans who just barely understood what anime was would sometimes call the corresponding comics "magna". Back then, I never could've imagined every Aldi's near me getting so many Arcee and Alicon toys that I'd already be bored with the prospect.

I'm lucky enough to live near two Ollie's, and a WalMart that accidentally clearanced them Spoiler-Ulti-Magnums to half off upon arrival last summer, so now all I have to do is scalp a few, and I'll be the biggest slag-hole in this thread! Of course, this comes too late to use that Ollie's coupon that expired Sunday, and I let it because I was saving up for that Shapeways sale that Paypal f@%#ed me out of for no reason...it's been an annoying post-Thanksgiving week for me, not that I can actually complain this year.

But hey, if any Seibertronian wants one, message me and I'll check 'em both this Saturday, in between my newest dumbass quest to see if any Dollar Tree will actually get Final Faction's Alpha Team figures.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Walmarts in US and Canada Liquidating 2020 Transformers Toys

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:53 pm

Your mileage will vary with this one, for sure, but we have enough reports to warrant a heads up to anyone looking for a deal. Walmarts across Canada and the US are doing some massive liquidations on the 2020 Transformers toys.
In Canada, the deals many have found are the following:

Earthrise Deluxe: $9 ($7 USD)
Micromasters: $7
Battle Masters: $5

G1 Blaster reissue: $20.00 ($16 USD)

In the US we have seen reports for the following:

Earthrise AND Netflix Deluxe: $10
Earthrise Voyagers: $20
Earthrise Leaders: $35

We thank fellow Transformers fan John Carpenter for giving us these specifics.

william-james88
News Staff

Re: Walmarts in US and Canada Liquidating 2020 Transformers Toys

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:10 pm

william-james88 wrote:Your mileage will vary with this one, for sure

Went to 3 Walmarts near me today, 0-3 on finding any wave 2 Netflix and 0-3 on seeing any clearance.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:34 pm

There will be no clearance on these in my area because there are very little. What they NEED to clearance is Cyberverse, those are the ones cluttering up shelves not selling.

Also that pic has to be from Canada right? They don't sell Battlemasters at Walmarts in the US.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm

o.supreme wrote:There will be no clearance on these in my area because there are very little. What they NEED to clearance is Cyberverse, those are the ones cluttering up shelves not selling.

Also that pic has to be from Canada right? They don't sell Battlemasters at Walmarts in the US.

Yup, it's a pic I took yesterday. I posted it in the earthrise thread in response to he arcee discussion we were having.

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Your mileage will vary with this one, for sure

Went to 3 Walmarts near me today, 0-3 on finding any wave 2 Netflix and 0-3 on seeing any clearance.

I went to three walmarts as well. Hoping to find an Allicon at these prices. I struck out as well. All that was left was Airwave and 1 of the three walmarts did not have discounts.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Definitely didn't see anything clearanced at Walmart yesterday. Hardly anything to mark down to begin with. And the current peg layout is highly questionable, leaving only one peg for WFC in the top left camera (with the Rollback tag on it) and none for NetFlix. The rest of the pegs are all Studio Series (or MV6 as they're still calling it on some tags). They even made a point of spreading out the few SS figures they had in an attempt to fill the pegs. They even squeezed in a fifth Cyberverse one step peg at the bottom right among the 7 SS pegs for no good reason.

20201207_080255.jpg

20201207_080209.jpg

There's a displaced Cliffjumper sitting on the Voyagers there, I put him back where he belongs after the photo.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:12 pm

That's a nice looking walmart tf section.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:That's a nice looking walmart tf section.

Only because they just restocked a bunch of the larger figures, there's hardly anything Deluxe class (aside from fresh stock of wave 4 Cyberverse). And then there's those Titan Guardians on the right, if they just cut those down to two pegs they could have two pegs free for Battle Masters and Micromasters. But no, gotta keep making space for the same figures they've been selling for seven years. Can't tell if it's the same, worse or better than when they stuck those eye sores in a shelf display and stopped selling all Leader class figures last year.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:25 pm

Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:That's a nice looking walmart tf section.

Only because they just restocked a bunch of the larger figures, there's hardly anything Deluxe class (aside from fresh stock of wave 4 Cyberverse). And then there's those Titan Guardians on the right, if they just cut those down to two pegs they could have two pegs free for Battle Masters and Micromasters. But no, gotta keep making space for the same figures they've been selling for seven years. Can't tell if it's the same, worse or better than when they stuck those eye sores in a shelf display and stopped selling all Leader class figures last year.

Emerje

From my perspective you have the walmart G1 exusive readily available along with the walmart exclusive Netflix voyagers plus wave 4 of the cyberverse deluxes (which I don't have) so it's not half bad. Pretty sure many would be jealous if you posted this on a US facebook group.

william-james88
News Staff

Last Year's Amazon Exclusive Transformers Fan Vote Set almost 50% Off Right Now

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:34 am

There's a nice deal on Amazon.com right now. Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe Fan-Vote Battle 3 Pack with Holo Mirage, Powerdasher Aragon, & Decepticon Impactor (IDW) is only $37.99 USD. That's 46% off from the original price. For those that don't have this set yet, it's a really good opportunity. Prime eligible.

You can get it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZY481L/re ... We-RFJeCa4

Description of the product below:

Voted on by fans: Fans chose their matchup and the winning pair was mirage vs. The Mercenary! The wreckers, LED by Impactor, are a highly skilled team of mercenaries who are at their best when the odds of survival are at their worst. They're exactly the kind of soldiers the Autobots need on their side. Can mirage Persuade them to join the Autobot cause?
Figure special edition Amazon exclusive pack: This 3 pack features 5.5 Inch scale holo mirage, cast in clear plastic, deception Impactor, and a weaponizer figure, powerdasher Aragon
Expandable and customizable weapons: Holo mirage and deception Impactor figures come with 2 3 weapon accessories; The weaponizer figure, powerdasher Aragon, comes with 2 weapon accessories and breaks into 6 weapon accessories to equip the other 2 figures
Inspired cybertronian Alt Mode: Figures feature classic conversions between robot and cybertronian Alt modes; Holo mirage, deception Impactor, and powerdasher Aragon convert in 19, 14, and 16 steps

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:51 am

Ahh...memories... I got that set last year around this time at that same price. I had seen it in the upper $40 range not too long ago, but what you reported- really is a great deal. Odd that this still exists, and the Autobot set from last year is still retail price, but the Skywarp set is long gone and goes for insane prices on the secondary market.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:00 am

o.supreme wrote:Odd that this still exists, and the Autobot set from last year is still retail price, but the Skywarp set is long gone and goes for insane prices on the secondary market.

Skywarp was the biggest name out of the 3 sets (maybe Mirage too, but not Holo Mirage) and the only way he was available, so it isn't surprising that his set sold out that quickly and is getting scalped while the others lingered. What is surprising is that they are still lingering and that Amazon hasn't put them at a "make them go away" price yet.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:10 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:What is surprising is that they are still lingering and that Amazon hasn't put them at a "make them go away" price yet.

I think $38 for 3 deluxes is pretty darn low ;) . I wanted it last year just for Aragon, and would have been willing to pay close to $30 for him alone, I'm glad I held out, I gave Mirage and Impactor to my son. My collection is quite specialized, but every once in a while its nice to have something different thrown in there.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:47 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Odd that this still exists, and the Autobot set from last year is still retail price, but the Skywarp set is long gone and goes for insane prices on the secondary market.

Skywarp was the biggest name out of the 3 sets (maybe Mirage too, but not Holo Mirage) and the only way he was available, so it isn't surprising that his set sold out that quickly and is getting scalped while the others lingered. What is surprising is that they are still lingering and that Amazon hasn't put them at a "make them go away" price yet.

It didn't sell out that quickly, it just sold out, same with greenlight, unlike these. Everyone who placed their preorder got it and there was enough for everyone once it was released. The only ones who didn't get it (out of those that could in the first place) were those who were waiting for price drops. I was one of those.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:57 am

Greenlight was a day one purchase for me, mostly because I wanted to complete Orthia (as I imagine would be for most people who wanted it). I do remember it lasting for a little while. I was able to snag the battlemasters from both Amazon sets separately, at quite a reasonable price. If TT Selects is in the business of reissuing past toys, as much as it would pain me, I would think an Orthia Selects release would get a far more positive fan response than the recent Volcanicus and Abominus offerings.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby sol magnus » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:02 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I'd still be paying almost 40 bucks for a head, so it looks like it's gonna be a pass for me, even at that price.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 APR231604 5D (CA) Cho"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #141 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231408 141A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #141 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #138 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 DEC221439 138RI Turtles Ongoing (CA) Clarke"
TMNT #138 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #2 RI 1:1IDW Comics 2022 SEP221737 2RI Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr L 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240116 2L (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics JAN230398 4L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230206 1C (W/CA) Shalvey (A) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #127 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 Ninja Turtles JAN220481 127A (CA) Tunica"
TMNT #127 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr B Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231656 (W)Walsh (A/CA)Legostaev"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Urban Legends #26 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200718 26B Turtles (CA) Kuhn"
TMNT Urban Legends ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #135 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221730 135RI Turtles Ongoing (CA) Torres"
TMNT #135 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220271 1C (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231494 2C (CA) Woodall"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #128 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220432 128RI Ninja Turtles (CA) Whalen"
TMNT #128 RI 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON