This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #144: "Don't Touch That Dial"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #144: "Don't Touch That Dial"

Postby megatronus » Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your host Megatronus, prodigal host Counterpunch, and one-time host RodimusConvoy13 - listen in as we discuss the latest (with perhaps a lag of 5 days) news, toys, and more.

Episode #144 "Don't Touch That Dial" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

We warm up with some casual chat about Optimus & Me, an editorial piece about an immigrant girl finding a role model and social shield in your hero and mine, Optimus Prime. None of the cast members were little girls, unfortunately, so we discuss where we found meaning in the original 'toon. Megatronus likes Megatron. Go figure.

Sometimes, we can all use a hand. A giant, robot hand.

Back to the 90s we go. That's right, it's time for another segment dedicated to re-watching Beast Wars episodes. We take a quick look at episodes 9, 10, & 11, wherein Rattrap saves the day, Optimus goes full Primal, and no one goes home.

Beast Wars never gets old.

As we discuss MP Optimus Primal and rumors of an upcoming MP Cheetor, we decide it's prime time for SureShot18's query: "With the possibility of the MP Beast Wars line continuing and the disappointment on the boards in Cheetor maybe being the next one, what would your ideal MP Beast Wars release schedule be for the Season 1 characters?"

No hairy cat butts.

Speaking of Masterpiece, a certain red fire truck has been confirmed. MP Inferno will becoming to quench a fire near you, or maybe just keep Red Alert from going bonkers again. What does the cast think of this latest entry in the ever-growing money-making MP machine?

He's ash grey! Get it!? Get it??? Sigh.

We get into some comic talk: Sins of the Wreckers #4, The Transformers #52, and More Than Meets The Eye #52 are on the chopping block. There's a lot to discuss in each arcs' penultimate issue, and you'll just have to tune in to get it all. In the meantime, we bring you this moment, by Rodimus:

Buuuuuuurrrrn.

Generation is up next, and we start with Unite Warriors Sky Reign. Rumor has it this set will deviate quite a bit from the Hasbro release. WIll the Twincast double dip for that tantalizingly likely Ratchet? While you chew on that, check out these awesome comparisons of the upcoming Computron sets. There's truly something for everyone.

Never underestimate the deadly tuning fork.

We finish up the Twincast with some bragging rights. What did everyone get since the last recording - or even since two recordings ago? *COUGH* Grand Galvatron *COUGH*. Sorry, just clearing my throat.

You're sure that's not a new head?

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #144: "Don't Touch That Dial"

Postby Counterpunch » Wed May 18, 2016 11:52 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Apologies for any quality issues with this one. We had a hell of a time keeping a good connection through out the show.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby megatronus » Wed May 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Counterpunch wrote:Apologies for any quality issues with this one. We had a hell of a time keeping a good connection through out the show.

It's true. It's all true.

I think it came out better than we expected (Counterpunch is a first rate editor), but we'd love to here about your listening experience on this one, especially in regards to the quality of this vs. past episodes.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
I don't know why, but recent standard MP releases haven't really interested me. Outside of certain characters I like; starscream, ratchet, shockwave, the only MP's that actually really interest me are the weird repaints. All of the molds look cool, they all look nice, even inferno as much as people **** on the figure; but the repaints are usually way more interesting. Like at this rate, I'm more focused on building a Masterpiece Diaclone collection than a standard G1 84-85 cast.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby megatronus » Wed May 18, 2016 6:31 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:I don't know why, but recent standard MP releases haven't really interested me. Outside of certain characters I like; starscream, ratchet, shockwave, the only MP's that actually really interest me are the weird repaints. All of the molds look cool, they all look nice, even inferno as much as people SHIZZLESNIT on the figure; but the repaints are usually way more interesting. Like at this rate, I'm more focused on building a Masterpiece Diaclone collection than a standard G1 84-85 cast.

Right??

In all honesty, I'm more excited for Delta Magnus than Inferno.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 18, 2016 7:05 pm

megatronus wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I don't know why, but recent standard MP releases haven't really interested me. Outside of certain characters I like; starscream, ratchet, shockwave, the only MP's that actually really interest me are the weird repaints. All of the molds look cool, they all look nice, even inferno as much as people SHIZZLESNIT on the figure; but the repaints are usually way more interesting. Like at this rate, I'm more focused on building a Masterpiece Diaclone collection than a standard G1 84-85 cast.

Right??

In all honesty, I'm more excited for Delta Magnus than Inferno.

Yeah like literally, the only MP's i'm interested in actually buying are Tigertrack, clampdown, Powered Convoy, roadrage, Blue streak, and the Black Ironhide that's most likely going to come out. I finally got my Exhaust

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Counterpunch » Fri May 20, 2016 9:49 am

Anyone else have a Needlenose figure where his Targetmaster partner's arms routinely fall off?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby ScottyP » Sun May 22, 2016 9:23 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Counterpunch wrote:Anyone else have a Needlenose figure where his Targetmaster partner's arms routinely fall off?
One of mine has one loose arm, but otherwise they seem ok. They're also in gun mode almost all the time, so it's always possible they're little ticking time bombs and I'm just unaware.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun May 22, 2016 3:05 pm

ScottyP wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Anyone else have a Needlenose figure where his Targetmaster partner's arms routinely fall off?
One of mine has one loose arm, but otherwise they seem ok. They're also in gun mode almost all the time, so it's always possible they're little ticking time bombs and I'm just unaware.

Honestly i've had problems with the initial release of scoop's targetmasters, so I figured the problems with needlenose's were par for the course.

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander

Postby Counterpunch » Sun May 22, 2016 9:53 pm

ScottyP wrote:

To be specific, it's one arm on one of them that constantly falls off.

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Honestly i've had problems with the initial release of scoop's targetmasters, so I figured the problems with needlenose's were par for the course.

Hrm, I think all my other releases are ok now that I think about it (Scoop, TAV Roadblock, and Sargent Hound).
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Wh33l Jck » Mon May 23, 2016 2:26 pm

G1 Optimus definitely had that Father-figure type vibe...
Wh33l Jck
Targetmaster

Postby Va'al » Sat May 28, 2016 5:33 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
megatronus wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Apologies for any quality issues with this one. We had a hell of a time keeping a good connection through out the show.

It's true. It's all true.

I think it came out better than we expected (Counterpunch is a first rate editor), but we'd love to here about your listening experience on this one, especially in regards to the quality of this vs. past episodes.

There was some serious tuning out of Counterpunch's stuff, and a much lower volume on his side too - which is a shame, as I thought the comments he was making on a lot of things were really on point, and some were just cut off. :(
I understand it's not you guys' fault though.

Things of the comment kind:
- I liked The Atlantic article, and have no issue at all with the 'filling in gaps' aspects of it. I feel like there might be something of a ..disconnect, for lack of a better term, between the cast and the experience of a young person (gender irrelevant for this point) arriving into a new country - that part was sort of glossed over, unless I misheard/didn't hear it at all. I think that was the most salient aspect of the article: she was not a hardcore fan, but someone who found a link with an alien experience trying to fit in. (Similar to my comments in that thread about Windblade, really!)

- The comments made about Megatron in MTMTE and the uncomfortable treatment of medication: I don't think the suggestion of 'get off the stuff and fight' is supposed to be the 'good side' of the discussion. As Mike suggests, that is what a lot of people on medication do have to live with and struggle through, and the comics are reflecting that context (and we've seen how Rodimus just does not get sympathy in these cases, just look at MTMTE 53 with Chromedome - Rewind is spot on). Comments on Megatron's cowardice are more out of place, I feel, than using the themes in the story.

Unless, of course, there's a cop-out solution in #54-5-6 - cover for 55 would seem to say no, but y'know.

SHOW? SHOW? SHOW?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat May 28, 2016 11:05 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Dr Va'al wrote:- The comments made about Megatron in MTMTE and the uncomfortable treatment of medication: I don't think the suggestion of 'get off the stuff and fight' is supposed to be the 'good side' of the discussion. As Mike suggests, that is what a lot of people on medication do have to live with and struggle through, and the comics are reflecting that context (and we've seen how Rodimus just does not get sympathy in these cases, just look at MTMTE 53 with Chromedome - Rewind is spot on). Comments on Megatron's cowardice are more out of place, I feel, than using the themes in the story.
Spot on. Megatron's a recovering addict (addicted to violence) that's given up right now. He's Alex in A Clockwork Orange after all the torture. Chromedome, while he's got a lot else going on, is also battling addiction, and fighting and losing.

Meanwhile you've got Tarn, who's not fighting it, totally binging, and "winning". For now. We've seen glimpses of a highly intelligent, tactical, politically savvy bot, but in this arc he's increasingly giving in to his most violent and foul tendencies.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Sat May 28, 2016 12:13 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ScottyP wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:- The comments made about Megatron in MTMTE and the uncomfortable treatment of medication: I don't think the suggestion of 'get off the stuff and fight' is supposed to be the 'good side' of the discussion. As Mike suggests, that is what a lot of people on medication do have to live with and struggle through, and the comics are reflecting that context (and we've seen how Rodimus just does not get sympathy in these cases, just look at MTMTE 53 with Chromedome - Rewind is spot on). Comments on Megatron's cowardice are more out of place, I feel, than using the themes in the story.
Spot on. Megatron's a recovering addict (addicted to violence) that's given up right now. He's Alex in A Clockwork Orange after all the torture. Chromedome, while he's got a lot else going on, is also battling addiction, and fighting and losing.

Meanwhile you've got Tarn, who's not fighting it, totally binging, and "winning". For now. We've seen glimpses of a highly intelligent, tactical, politically savvy bot, but in this arc he's increasingly giving in to his most violent and foul tendencies.

Yes, I see a parallel with the 'winning' here - Sheen comes to mind, as he was hailed as a hero for being essentially a scumbag. Tarn is not good. Megatron refusing to fight and 'giving in' to fear is.

That said, I did like Mike's suggested option for an alternative scene with Tarn and Overlord.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 OCT210412 5A (CA) Tormey"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight SOUNDWAVE RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Roche 231208S"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Delbo 210309A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2012 2RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22A APR200729 (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #22 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #1 Cvr A IDW Comics JAN200696 1A Fullerton 221222A"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210479 30A (CA) Simeone (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210505 4B (CA) Baumgartner"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON