This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Brag or cry about your retail Transformers section

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:47 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Absolutely. You actually have Kingdom Toys at a U.S. Walmart. A Rarety as of late.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:23 am

Wow...so Black Friday must have been a total bust (*at least as far as Transformers go) at my local Target. The Walmarts have been decently stocked, and I have to admit I haven't been out as much because I've been super busy with other things. However...

At my closest Target about a week ago, they had no Actual Hasbro TF product. Just some Super 7 Primes, and those $50 statues. I went in there Yesterday (a full 48 hours after Black Friday), and the shelves looked EXACTLY the same. The only difference being that they must have received two cases of T-Wrecks, because they had 4 of them, but that was it.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

US Fans are Posting Images Target Shelves Filled to the Brim with Transformers this Holiday Season

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:01 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hasbro really made it their mission to minimize empty shelves this holiday season. They kept talking ad nauseum about doing whatever they could as countermeasures to whatever supply chain issue may arise. Retailers did the same on their end, and it seems it has worked out for Target in the end. At the start of the holiday shopping season, fans posted images of Target end caps filled to the brim. And they include Slag and Galvatron, toys most fans want to add to their collection and great gifts for any Transformers fan.
These photos come from our own Nemesis Primal and TFfankev77. How are your local shelves? Are you seeing lots of stock too? If so, share a pic!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: US Fans are Posting Images Target Shelves Filled to the Brim with Transformers this Holiday Season

Postby o.supreme » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 pm

william-james88 wrote:How are your local shelves? Are you seeing lots of stock too? If so, share a pic!

My local Targets look nothing like this. Must be nice.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby jtanimator » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:56 pm

Haven’t checked out Target yet, but I will say my Walmart has better TF stock than I’ve seen all year. So everyone can keep their eyes out for that too.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby Bounti76 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:09 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
My Target is full to the brim with everything EXCEPT Studio Series Voyagers. They've had Origin Bee in stock for at least a month, and have even restocked the Worlds Collide set multiple times. The last one (at the moment) sold just a few days ago.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 377
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:39 am

Bounti76 wrote:My Target is full to the brim with everything EXCEPT Studio Series Voyagers. They've had Origin Bee in stock for at least a month, and have even restocked the Worlds Collide set multiple times. The last one (at the moment) sold just a few days ago.

Same, except one of the Targets near me got stocked in the summer with at least 15 Thrusts all at once. There are still 7-8 left.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby DeathReviews » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:13 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Not sure about Target, but the Walmart near my realm is packed with Kingdom Beast Megatron figures. There's lots of figures on the shelf that I don't want, and very few that I do ;).

Seeing all those leader Slag figures is a welcome sight, to be sure. Just a couple months ago, you couldn't find any.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Re: US Fans are Posting Images Target Shelves Filled to the Brim with Transformers this Holiday Season

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:27 am

o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:How are your local shelves? Are you seeing lots of stock too? If so, share a pic!

Some are complaining that this stock is "old" even though it's respectively the latest waves of leaders. Pretty nuts to complain about that when I know that people like you, and others, are not seeing the same thing. I would much rather there be lots of stock then there be no stock at all.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:23 am

o.supreme wrote:

Not sure if it helps, but seek out a Super Target (full grocery store and typically longer hours) if there is one around you. I have 3 Targets close to me house and another 3 close to my work. Of the 6, only 1 is a Super Target and that is the one that had the endcap and that level of stock.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby o.supreme » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:48 am

I'm not sure if such a thing exists near me. There are certainly stores that are Larger than others, but none of them are advertised as "Super", (A few were Target Supercenter, but that was 15+ years ago, they have long since dropped that branding). All the 20 or so stores in my area have a full grocery section. Oddly though, I've noticed that several are remodeling, and they are changing their logo from Red font capital "Target", to white font lower case "target". Again, this is happening with larger stores, and smaller ones, so I am not sure what the reasoning is.

Still, despite all of this, I may get your meaning. There are a couple of really large outlying stores, I may check them out this weekend.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:52 pm

o.supreme wrote:I'm not sure if such a thing exists near me. There are certainly stores that are Larger than others, but none of them are advertised as "Super", (A few were Target Supercenter, but that was 15+ years ago, they have long since dropped that branding). All the 20 or so stores in my area have a full grocery section. Oddly though, I've noticed that several are remodeling, and they are changing their logo from Red font capital "Target", to white font lower case "target". Again, this is happening with larger stores, and smaller ones, so I am not sure what the reasoning is.

Still, despite all of this, I may get your meaning. There are a couple of really large outlying stores, I may check them out this weekend.

I should also add that by full grocery store, I mean real, full produce, bakery and deli sections, not just a small selection of baked goods and produce crammed in by the dairy cases (all 5 other Targets near me are like this). I think the Super Target near me is a relic of times past. I think they used to be called Target Greatland ages ago, then Super Target. I don't think any new stores built within the past 5 years have used the "Super" part of the past really big Targets, but yeah, those are the ones you will most likely find an endcap.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:04 pm

I think shelves have been empty for so long that fans don't remember what it looks like to have a fully stocked Transformers section. Never has it ever meant that it's only the product that just came out. Never. You get some boxes of new product, it gets snatched up right away, you get more and more as the months go to eventually end up with a diversified shelf of the left overs for whoever wants a Transformer toy at the moment (for a birthday or whatever). With online, people can guarantee getting the toy when it comes out, even if they aren't the first to get it. So I really don't get why someone would complain about going to their Walmart and seeing a shelf that looks like this (which is what people are complaining about right now on TFW).

In many cases above, what we are seeing are the latest wave of figures (Kingdom and SS plus exclusives) that were expected to be found in Q4. I think it looks great and I figured this is what people have been asking to see this whole year when posting their empty shelves.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:06 pm

I went to 2 TRUs in Ontario in a recent trip to Toronto. These were stops along the way as the Tesla charged. In Belleville and in Brampton. Brampton had a really cool display of random figures fighting eachother. Belleville had a middle aisle display filled with TFs.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:40 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Keep forgetting to post this. From my local Augusta, Maine Walmart on 12/9.

20211209_080419.jpg

20211209_080428.jpg

No Leaders, but four full pegs of Studio Series Deluxe (more on the top shelf, FIVE pegs of Kingdom Deluxe, it's hard to tell but there's actually 4 SS Sweeps between two shelves for whatever reason. Three Rhinoxes so they probably had a bunch of Tigatrons as well. So packed full of Beast Wars reissues they're filling the top shelf. They've got so many of those big Cyberverse Bees that they had to put more of them off in the aisle where they keep the bigger ticket toys for Christmas. Don't tell me Cyberverse doesn't sell well!

Haven't been back since, I hope it's been decimated, I want these to sell well and I'm not hunting for anything at the moment.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 pm

Emerje wrote:They've got so many of those big Cyberverse Bees that they had to put more of them off in the aisle where they keep the bigger ticket toys for Christmas. Don't tell me Cyberverse doesn't sell well!

Haven't been back since, I hope it's been decimated, I want these to sell well and I'm not hunting for anything at the moment.

Emerje

Cyberverse sells very well, it's just that it adheres to the business model of old where the bulk of sales will be for birthdays and christmas rather than also have collectors hunting down the latest release. We know more of that line is produced and there is more product available and yet every year all the Optimus Primes from that line vanish by Christmas.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:26 am

I went to a couple of the larger Targets in outlying areas this weekend. None of them had those larger endcap displays with all the Leaders, but curiously, one Target looks like they got a single case of deluxe wave 3 in...which is a bit odd, but its my first time seeing it at retail, so a small victory I guess, considering Wave 4 has pretty much saturated all the Walmarts and Targets in my area.

I'd love to see wave 5 in a store near me before the end of the year, but somehow I doubt that will happen. I got my Slammer on pre-order with Amazon, and whatever happens; happens.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:39 pm

Sure didn't expect this at Walmart today.

20211219_190734.jpg

That entire section to the left is supposed to be Jurassic Park stuff, but they must have decided they wouldn't get enough new stuff in and didn't want people walking into an empty toy aisle so they filled the shelfs with all the Transformers they had, completely wiped out the overhead shelf to do so. I've never seen this much Transformers allotted space at Walmart outside of a movie launch. They didn't simply move the Transformers to the JP area as overflow, they changed all of the shelf tags as well. Aside from the empty peg space (that's still JP) and a couple Ghostbusters items, everything in this shot is currently the Transformers section, all the way up to the Core figures on the far right.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:49 pm

Emerje wrote:Sure didn't expect this at Walmart today.

20211219_190734.jpg

That entire section to the left is supposed to be Jurassic Park stuff, but they must have decided they wouldn't get enough new stuff in and didn't want people walking into an empty toy aisle so they filled the shelfs with all the Transformers they had, completely wiped out the overhead shelf to do so. I've never seen this much Transformers allotted space at Walmart outside of a movie launch. They didn't simply move the Transformers to the JP area as overflow, they changed all of the shelf tags as well. Aside from the empty peg space (that's still JP) and a couple Ghostbusters items, everything in this shot is currently the Transformers section, all the way up to the Core figures on the far right.

Emerje

This seems to go against what our friend was saying about Walmart always sticking to their planograms

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:50 pm

o.supreme wrote:I went to a couple of the larger Targets in outlying areas this weekend. None of them had those larger endcap displays with all the Leaders, but curiously, one Target looks like they got a single case of deluxe wave 3 in...which is a bit odd, but its my first time seeing it at retail, so a small victory I guess, considering Wave 4 has pretty much saturated all the Walmarts and Targets in my area.

I'd love to see wave 5 in a store near me before the end of the year, but somehow I doubt that will happen. I got my Slammer on pre-order with Amazon, and whatever happens; happens.

I am not expecting to see wave 5 at my local stores until 2022

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:20 am

william-james88 wrote:This seems to go against what our friend was saying about Walmart always sticking to their planograms

Don't think that thought didn't cross my mind when I saw the aisle like that, especially when it was said after I posted that picture of my other local Walmart where they just threw whatever figure they could on any peg that happened to say "Transformers" on it regardless of line or price point. Neither case was customers putting stuff back in the wrong place, that's for sure!

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Just to follow up on Toysrus opening their 1 store in the US (again), any collector hoping to get TFs would have been dissapointed. They mostly had stuff aimed just for kids. The only thing that collectors may have wanted (years ago) are some Siege Micromasters

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:14 am

Man, I seem to have juuuust missed Slammer and Pipes after a post-Christmas restock.

December 9
20211209_080419.jpg

December 26
20211226_074443.jpg

January 1
20220101_084804.jpg

For those that don't know Wave 5 is 2 each of Slammer, Pipes, Airrazor and Blackarachnia, the later two being all that's left of what seems to be 3 cases.

The hunt continues.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:26 am

Probably scalpers unfortunately. I went to 2 of the larger Targets in my area yesterday. They had no Kingdom product, just tons of Cyberverse and Buzzworthy. Walmarts continue to have tons of classic BW. They are going to have to make the in store prices match the online ones ( being 50 % off or more) to get all that to move.

SS BB Soundwave is the only New thing I saw Friday morning, and was just 2 of them at one location. But now that I know Kingdom wave 5 seems to be at Walmart rather than Target, that is where I'll focus my search.

My Amazon order got delayed yet again to January 15, I just want Slammer so I can be done with the line.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
My sections, despite the holidays, are still clogged with Kups, Blurrs, and now Sweeps and Wreck Gars. No sign of BB Soundwave here, nor signs of new Kingdom deluxes. I did secure amazon preorders for them though, so I am secure there
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109R"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON