This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Hasbro Universe - MASK, Action Man, Micronauts, ROM, GI Joe

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Hasbro Universe - MASK, Action Man, Micronauts, ROM, GI Joe

Postby ScottyP » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
So the pitch for Karza and D'rge getting together in the back of some month's books was exactly that, eh?
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

IDW Hasbro Universe - GI Joe Relaunching as Scarlett's Strike Force in December 2017

Postby Va'al » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
From Paste magazine, we have some news about another upcoming First Strike consequence in IDW Publishing's, regarding the current GI Joe series (featuring Decepticon Skywarp as a member - the best member - of the team), and its rebranding after the crossover event: Scarlett's Strike Force! The interview can be read in full here, you can find a snippet below, and you can check out some concepts, cover art - and even interior art for upcoming First Strike tie-ins for MASK and GI Joe!

This December, Sitterson continues his mission with artist Nelson Daniel in a new series titled Scarlett’s Strike Force. Announced at Hasbro’s industry event Hascon today, Scarlett’s Strike Force will pit the titular character and her crew against the newly reemerged threat of Cobra Commander. Paste chatted briefly with Sitterson about the decision to relaunch G.I. Joe under a new title, Daniel’s contribution to the franchise and how the duo plan to produce “The Best Action Comic Ever.” We’ve also got an exclusive first look at interior art from this fall’s First Strike tie-in issues of G.I. Joe and M.A.S.K., both written by Sitterson and drawn by Ilias Kyriazis, as well as concept art for Scarlett’s Strike Force from Nelson Daniel.

Paste: What prompted the name change? Is there a shift in tone or mission statement with this new iteration?

Aubrey Sitterson: In the previous Joe series—by me, Giannis Milonogiannis and Lovern Kindzierski—Scarlett was the leader of a team that included not only Joes, but the Decepticon Skywarp, and in the new series, they’ll be joined by Matt Trakker of M.A.S.K. as well as another face that might be familiar to long-time fans.

So, coming out of the First Strike event, we thought it made sense for the name of the book to speak to the nature of the team. Don’t worry though—the reception to our unique take on G.I. Joe has been amazing, so there are no plans to stop giving you the bombastic, sci-fi-action-packed character drama that you deserve!

Paste: Should we expect a team shakeup or any new faces?

Sitterson: While the focus of the book will remain on the characters you know and love—including Scarlett, Roadblock, Salvo, Quick Kick and Skywarp—one of the G.I. Joe concept’s greatest strengths is its deep roster. We’ll be pulling from it, and even introducing the classic Action Man character, The Intruder, into the Hasbro Universe. Plus, our brand-new Cobra Commander has assembled an organization including Destro, Storm Shadow, Cesspool, Croc Master, Raptor and an army of new, serpentine Vipers.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
Are they fighting army ants.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby CaptainMagic » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:47 pm

So, is it possible that with Joe Colton and Sgt. Savage showing up in Revolutionaries and Duke showing up in GI Joe that Hasbro might launch books where everyone gets their own Joe team to run their own way? And then crazy 90s Savage can turn to the audience and invite us all to "Choose Yo Joe?" Please?
CaptainMagic
Micromaster

IDW Hasbro Universe - Full Preview for GI Joe #9 and MASK #10 #TCJHU

Postby Va'al » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 am

With IDW Publishing busy at New York Comic Con 2017, we have received their previews for next week directly, and are allowed to publish them for all to see! First up, a tangential Transformers title - through Skywarp and the involvement of the cast with First Strike and the wider Hasbro Universe: GI Joe #9!

Also included below is the ending to the M.A.S.K. series, with its tenth issue, as it leads into the First Strike event.. currently on its fifth issue out of six.

G.I. JOE #9
Aubrey Sitterson (w) • Giannis Milonogiannis (a) • Aaron Conley (c)
It all comes to a head for G.I. Joe! Can Roadblock and his team escape the underground in time? And is Scarlett prepared for all hell to break loose?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Don’t miss the cover by Ominous Press creator, Bart Sears, part of our Bart Sears cover month!
The pulse-pounding final issue before this month’s First Strike crossover!
Variant cover by Dylan Burnett!

M.A.S.K.: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand #10
Brandon Easton (w) • Drew Moss (a) • Abel Ciccero (c)
In the final issue of M.A.S.K., Matt Trakker loses the trust of his friends and teammates, causing the group to disband. With mounting threats on the horizon, Mobile Armored Strike Kommand is no longer on the front lines, plunging them all into an uncertain future.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Don’t miss the cover by Ominous Press creator, Bart Sears, part of our Bart Sears cover month!
The jaw-dropping finale before the epic crossover First Strike!
Variant cover by Santipérez!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Daniel Adkins » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:25 am

FINALLY MASK IS OVER! Thank the Lord above!
Daniel Adkins
Fuzor
News Credits: 16
Watch Daniel Adkins on YouTube

IDW Hasbro Universe - Full Preview for ROM the Spaceknight #14 (Final Issue)

Postby Va'al » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:26 am

Courtesy of IDW Publishing directly, we also have a second preview today for one of their comic books out this week, and the final issue of one of their Hasbro Universe ongoings: Rom the Spaceknight! Ending the series at issue 14, Christos Gage and Chris Ryall try tying up loose ends before the cast moves in with the Micronauts in the new series after First Strike, as reported here. Check out the preview below.

Rom #14
Chris Ryall & Christos Gage (w) • David Messina, Guy Dorian & Sal Buscema (a) • Nathan Greno (c)
“Long Roads to Ruin” finale! Is this the last issue of Rom? Yes… and no! First Strike is upon us and out of that momentous event, a new Rom will arise! But before that, the fate of the Knights of the Solstar Order!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
On the road to First Strike!
Final issue. Wait… what?! The portentous answers lay within!
Variant cover by Ray Dillon!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Daniel Adkins » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Kind of surprised no one reported this already. Scarlett's Strike Force is canceled with issue #3. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/23 ... cancelled/
Daniel Adkins
Fuzor

Postby Va'al » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Daniel Adkins wrote:Kind of surprised no one reported this already. Scarlett's Strike Force is canceled with issue #3. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/23 ... cancelled/

I have been keeping my eye on this since the news broke, and am waiting for something to come through official channels. Like, literally anything would do. thx IDW
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:31 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
What it looks like: IDW capitulated to an angry mob.

Realist side that I can't shut up inside my head: I'd guess with the personnel shakeups, someone looked at the financials and walked back a previous decision. Heck, it felt to me like SSF was getting more promo than Rom/Micronauts and only a smidge less than TF vs Visionaries, but I don't really want to look. I'd bet the sales of Joe vol. 5's run coupled with 1) poor early indicators of SSF orders and 2) the apparent status of SSF as an ongoing (as opposed to the other 5 issue minis about to launch), one of the folks in a new position made the call to cut losses. The timing and optics of it are especially poor, but I have a hard time ever getting too black/white on this kinda stuff.

Not saying anyone is without fault: Sitterson sent a poorly worded tweet, IDW axed an entire project and its creative team weirdly early with odd but possibly explainable timing, and no one wins.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:47 pm

ScottyP wrote:What it looks like: IDW capitulated to an angry mob.

Realist side that I can't shut up inside my head: I'd guess with the personnel shakeups, someone looked at the financials and walked back a previous decision. Heck, it felt to me like SSF was getting more promo than Rom/Micronauts and only a smidge less than TF vs Visionaries, but I don't really want to look. I'd bet the sales of Joe vol. 5's run coupled with 1) poor early indicators of SSF orders and 2) the apparent status of SSF as an ongoing (as opposed to the other 5 issue minis about to launch), one of the folks in a new position made the call to cut losses. The timing and optics of it are especially poor, but I have a hard time ever getting too black/white on this kinda stuff.

Not saying anyone is without fault: Sitterson sent a poorly worded tweet, IDW axed an entire project and its creative team weirdly early with odd but possibly explainable timing, and no one wins.

Yes. The what it looks like is the troubling part, but other information seems to confirm the rest.
Which is where some on-the-ball PRing would help ease any ill feeling towards IDW (from any party, really).
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
People already had bad will to IDW. Lots of people stopped reading IDW over that fiasco. But it's over and dune now. Can't we just let comics be our escape and not divide ourselves over politics here, please?
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I was honestly surprised to see they were going to attempt another GI Joe ongoing, and I am not terribly surprised this was cancelled. I don't wish ill will upon those who wanted it, but really GI Joe hasn't been working out in any real book.

I will say though, the title with the whole "IDW cancels female led book" sounds more political than this should be. GI Joe as a whole hasn't been great, don't try to make it something more than what it may be
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Preview for IDW Hasbro Heroes Sourcebook, feat. Transformers, GI Joe, Micronauts, Rom and More

Postby Va'al » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:32 am

Courtesy of IDW Publishing, we get a preview look at a book due out this week (or perhaps the next, you never know with scheduling) which collects the three parts of the Hasbro Heroes Sourcebook we've seen released so far. The collected volume includes short comics, profiles, bios, details and more about most of the major players in the current Hasbro universe, including what hadn't been revealed at the time of first publication - check out the opening pages below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Hasbro Heroes Sourcebook
John Barber, Cullen Bunn, Sina Grace, & Various (w) • Robert Atkins, Guido Guidi, Paolo Villanelli & Various (a) • Marcelo Borstelmann (c)
From the pages of Transformers, G.I. Joe, Rom, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, Action Man, and Revolutionaries comes the ultimate guide to the heroic and villainous champions of Hasbro! The new post-Revolution universe's biggest movers and shakers from Acroyear to Zarana are all here with detailed bios and astonishing art by today's top talent! Plus, three back-up stories that expand upon the new lore of the shared universe; fantastic spreads of the bases of G.I. Joe, Optimus Prime, and the Micronauts; and if you look closely, hints of things to come!
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 144 pages • ISBN: 978-1-68405-099-4

Bullet points:
From today’s top creative talent!
Advance solicited for December release!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby steve2275 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
i may get that trade
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

iTunes Preview of IDW Scarlett's Strike Force #1

Postby Va'al » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:38 pm

You may have been following the news accompanying the retitled GI Joe series in the current shared Hasbro Universe from IDW Publishing, and its early cancellation with issue three - you can read more about that story here, and we apologise for not covering it at the time, an official statement from IDW that will never fully come can be found in the CBR story by ways of Chris Ryall.

That said, Scarlett Strike Force #1 - the new title - does finally get a little touch of marketing, by ways of showing the usual first couple of pages on iTunes, the synopsis, and a cover - plus a fair amount of Skywarp that we were missing in the rest of the IDW Transformers titles. You can check it all out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards, before the release of the book itself in a couple of weeks!

They’ve fought back invasions from home and afar—now, they’re back on Earth, and ready to take on the wildest, weirdest threats out there! It’s Scarlett’s G.I. Joe team, the Strike Force, against a brand-new Cobra Commander, a revitalized Cobra, and everyone else trying to conquer Earth… or destroy it! Aubrey Sitterson (G.I. Joe, Street Fighter x G.I. Joe) is joined by superstar artist Nelson Daniel (Clue, Dungeons & Dragons) in The Best Action Comic Ever!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:24 pm

I really hope Skywarp migrates over to Optimus Prime after issue three since it was canceled. We really need to have some kind confrontation and resolution with Thundercracker.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Daniel Adkins » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Scarlett's Strike Force getting cancelled is an utter crime.
Daniel Adkins
Fuzor

Postby SG Roadbuster » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 pm

good riddance.
SG Roadbuster
Minibot

Postby Coptur » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Yep goodbye to bad rubbish
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Michael Alex Kawa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
I just read the whole controversy about writer Aubrey Sitterson, and why fans "Hate" him and all.
And all I can say is this, a lot of comic book writers are self-indulged morons, trust me I know, Larry Hama is one that comes to mind, he has been rude to his fans (me included), treating them like nothing more than "moronic fan boys", that should just shut up and kiss the ground that he walks on, yet no one questions him.....well I did and I got my a** served to me by Mr. Hama himself. Anyways my point is this is a stupid reason to cancel a series, but I expect nothing less from IDW since this is not the first time they made a stupid decision.
Follow me or Add me on Facebook and YouTube
Am I seriously the only one here that uses my real name. lol :P
Michael Alex Kawa
Vehicon
Watch Michael Alex Kawa on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panzer IV Ausf. D tank.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Coptur » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 am

Michael I agree with on Larry Hama his writing style is dated and it's high time he left gijoe for some real fresh blood.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby partholon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 am

I was under the impression they weren't even going to release this now as the story won't end.

I wouldn't be buying it anyway as I'm not a joe fan but I can't see how this won't piss off casual fans who've no idea it's truncated.

Seems unprofessional IMO.

I Feel sorry for the artist as that's alot of work on his part , but sitterson has no one to blame but himself for his situation
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Randomhero » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:57 am

Michael Alex Kawa wrote:I just read the whole controversy about writer Aubrey Sitterson, and why fans "Hate" him and all.
And all I can say is this, a lot of comic book writers are self-indulged morons, trust me I know, Larry Hama is one that comes to mind, he has been rude to his fans (me included), treating them like nothing more than "moronic fan boys", that should just shut up and kiss the ground that he walks on, yet no one questions him.....well I did and I got my a** served to me by Mr. Hama himself. Anyways my point is this is a stupid reason to cancel a series, but I expect nothing less from IDW since this is not the first time they made a stupid decision.

Their decision they said was due to low orders. That’s their statement whether you want to believe it or not but you weren’t part of the discussion or decision at IDW.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #46 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Target: 2006 #5 Cvr RI-B 1:15 IDW Comics 2007 Best UK Retro 140204A"
Transformers Targe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover RI-A IDW Comics 2020 NOV190608 5RIA (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 NOV210455 39A (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS #39 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210677 5RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210537 1A"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM326 7A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON