This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:23 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Crosscheck wrote:SKIDS! :-(

It was really, really obvious what was going to happen there.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that the story isn't even freakin' over! I thought it was supposed to end this issue, but we get another damn cliffhanger! The next issue isn't "Aftermath" James Roberts, it's part six of the story!
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby MemphisR56 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:36 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
Crosscheck wrote:SKIDS! :-(

Nautica, holding him tightly and weeping into his chest, overwrought :-(
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby DaRonin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:38 am

Well, I called it back on last issues discussion. Megatron was afraid of falling off the murder wagon, not of the DJD. And I'm glad Roberts came up with an organic way for Megatron to keep his values but still enter the fight, and damn, what an entrance. I also really liked his talk with Ratchet, and ratchet actually offering up something that sounded like support and respect to Megatron.

Also, alas poor skids,I knew him well. It was kind of telegraphed by the way his story was very much done and told, but I'll still miss him. And I don't think that Ravage is dead, at least I really hope not. I really like his role in this series.

Other than that, it was a big action story, you just had to love Velocity and the dual chainguns after the power up. It was just so... totally... them.

As for that cliffhanger... I'll be very surprised if Megatron took those shots. You'll notice Cyclonus, Drift, Tailgate, swerve, and Ultra Magnus are unaccounted for in that room. That means plenty of reinforcements to gun down Tarn and Overlord. Not only that, but Ultra Magnus and Overlord are due a Rematch due to the upgrade, which leaves Megatron and Tarn for a rematch of their own.
DaRonin
Mini-Con

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #54 Review

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:02 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rage, Rage

Synopsis
MASSACRE! The battle between the DECEPTICON Justice Division and MEGATRON's AUTOBOTS reaches its nerve-shredding climax. Pray for your favorites—because not everyone makes it out of this issue alive.

Like I said: Rage, Rage

Disclaimer

To anyone who hopes to read this review and not have some spoilers, whether they be major or minor, I would highly suggest reading the comic before this review.

You have been warned. And for space for you to stop, have a battle scene featuring Nautica:

Spoiler Alert: Milne can draw a badass Nautica. And I bet you thought intellectuals couldn't look that awesome

Enough time to stop reading for spoiler fears? Good, cause here we go.

Story

Well, we have come to the end of the road. The Dying of the Light really is meant to be read as a TPB, in the same way Shadowplay was meant to be read as a 3-parter in complete sequence. But in the same way Shadowplay had different parts that were each unique in storytelling and action sequences, so too does Dying shape up that way. 50 was the catalyst, 51 was the hopelessness setting in, 52 was the attempt to stop the inevitable, 53 was the final countdown, and 54 is the war. And a war that is held. But that part was always expected. Just maybe not in the manner that it was played out.

All credit to James Roberts: he can spin an outlandish storyline that can make even the smallest, random act become the all-powerful MacGuffin and it all still make sense. And sure enough, he uses one to give the Autobots that fighting chance they needed. But it is here that I really became fuzzy with everything. It has been really hard to articulate my thoughts regarding the MacGuffin, and honestly, I'm not sure this is what the story deserves. It gave the Autobots the boost they needed to stand a chance, but it really didn't feel like the boost that the story deserved. Now, that is not saying I didn't like it, but it still felt... off a bit.

A similar thing happens with "MacGuffin #2" (term used loosely here), which brings salvation to the now MacGuffin-deprived Autobots in the form of Megatron. But again, it doesn't feel completely right, but at the same time it is good and likable. Both of the above comments lower the storyline a bit for me, but lets face it: the main part of the story this issue is the action:

He really can't deal with your jokes right now

This is where the story truly shines. Action! Excitement! Death! Terrible Swerve jokes mid-battle! This issue excels in the combat. It really did turn into the all out war that was promised, and it did not disappoint. Now, some readers might be a bit disappointed in the pacing, seeing as how quickly the issue seems to go by with all the fighting, but at the same time: "Times flies when you're having fun!" In the moments leading up to the battle, the timing was a bit slow and cumbersome, but after that whole scene inside the Fortress, things picked up. This was what Dying needed, and it provided in spades. Heck, we even got some 1986 movie references and some 2009 movie references (betchya didn't see that coming huh?).

Overall story-wise: I was impressed and adored it. This was a great issue to read and it provided the action needed for the thrilling next-to-last issue in the volume. The only complaints I have would be the slight pacing issue and the Power of being in control all along/super boost, but those are hardly enough to deter the main focus, which leads us right into the next (and for this issue most important) section:

Art

Alex Milne takes this issue entirely by himself, and boy does himself deliver. It is one thing to actually right a whole issue that is a giant battle, but it's a whole other thing to have to draw it. And Milne takes it all in stride. In all honesty, I would love to show off some panels here that show Milne at his absolute best (looking at you Megatron) but alas, you need to get the comic to fully comprehend and enjoy the art. But, for point of reference, have a panel:

Now I will say 2 things about the art: Megatron, Deathsaurus and Skids show off all that can be good with this comic. Those 3 make the art great and show off just how good Milne is. But there is a tiny point of "eh" though: Nickel. This is just the one character the Milne and Sakamoto can't seem to sync up on. Nickel is just a teensy bit weird art-wise, but other than that the art is flawless.

This guy has become my favorite for facial expressions. Easily

Joana Lafuente has once again provided excellent colors to compliment Milne's artwork. Just look at the lighting on some of the images above. And also don't forget those 3 characters I said nicely showed off the art for the story. The colors just shine with those 3 (more or less).

Tom B. Long is joined by Christa Miesner for the lettering duty, and they did not disappoint. Every word appears as you would expect, every scream, every whimper, every howl in pain, every bit of it all. It not only makes the lines gorgeous to admire and the colors gleam with eye-catching visuals with its articulation the of action performed, but it so perfectly articulates the scenes that are taking place, from fighting for your life to letting it slip away.

Final Thoughts

Pretty much my face for not only several panels, but also just trying to write this

This series truly is best read as a whole, all 6 issues lined back to back for a good couples hours of read time. But this has proven to be an issue worth standing out by itself. If you wanted action, you got it. Easily and a thousand times over (which I admittedly did). If you wanted characters facing hard choices and realizing who they all were and never realized, it was provided. If you wanted characters to see the end of their arcs and finally face then end of their time, you got that as well.

But in addition to those comments, I have a few more to make. The first would be Overlord. Can we please just look at how dark and emotionless he is? There can be no one that likes him. He is cold, his is insane, he is the definition of dark. And all that understandably upsets some people, not that I blame them, but at the same time, having that character who is devoid of any weakness in those regards makes thing all the harder, and it makes him that much more hate-able and only makes me wish harder that he had stayed dead.

The second comment would be the References to previous material. Someone, SOMEONE finally allowed Magnus to say his line in a manner that makes complete sense and is truly befitting the character. Now, no one is allowed to say that phrase for awhile again. The 86 movie and Revenge of the Fallen get some callbacks, as does the Marvel comic run (Megatron and Ratchet make a great pair). Well done on the callbacks. I can respect a book so much when it does stuff like that.

Finally, I long for next issue. I want to finally see the end of the lights' dying. We are at 5 of 6, and we need 6 so the final bookend can be placed. And we are left with such huge questions: the fate of some Autobots, both not shown and very clearly shown, the final panels, the wide eyes, the sense of insanity and loss of respect creeping in. And where the Hell are Nightbeat and Rung???

This issue was a great one, but once again I am left longing for the next. But at least I have some very good material to read over and admire in all its battle glory for the next month.

:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:07 am

Vos's only speech bubble translates into "Bears love sushi." Eh??
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:08 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
So, yes.

Skids was very sad. He was one character I had predicted to die, but it still is sad that he did, and he didn't even die in battle. He died because he tried, despite how weak he was, to find and try to apologize to Brainstorm. His was a sad death in many regards.

As for the chooms! at the end, I have 4 theories for that:
1) Magnus and crew who are not in the room
2) Rung and Nightbeat and whatever the heck they found/did
3) Deathsaurus turning on Tarn
4) Protectobots (who remember, are just out in space trying to catch up to the Lost Light. they were not there for the mutiny)

And the fact that a whole page was dedicated to Megatron's dramatic entrance. That is the best panel of the whole book.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:09 am

Randomhero wrote:Vos's only speech bubble translates into "Bears love sushi." Eh??

Maybe bears do love sushi :lol:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:34 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So, yes.

Skids was very sad. He was one character I had predicted to die, but it still is sad that he did, and he didn't even die in battle. He died because he tried, despite how weak he was, to find and try to apologize to Brainstorm. His was a sad death in many regards.

4) Protectobots (who remember, are just out in space trying to catch up to the Lost Light. they were not there for the mutiny)

And the fact that a whole page was dedicated to Megatron's dramatic entrance. That is the best panel of the whole book.

Agreed. I didn't hate this issue as I have for the past couple but I am very done with this story. 3 issues setting up the storm shield and then deciding not to use it. It's not a bad issue it's quite good but I'm finding myself feeling a lot of apathy for this story and just saying "alright let's move on"

im gonna raise one more theory to your list, the lost light returning and realizing what they did was wrong. 200 autobots on that ship, characters we all know and have some personally connection with certain ones betrayed them and led them to slaughter. 5 issues later and I till don't like the idea that characters like hound, huffer, gears, percepter, etc would do that. I think we can all agree megatron isn't killed, I think the best bet is Magnus, swerve, rewind, tailgate and Cyclonus. They never went back.

The full page of megatron walking up was lovely and is now my background on my iPad. Skids was sad and I was just talking to someone about if there's more to him and well, no. All that was left was him gaining his memories. That being said I don't thinks he's gone for good. There's still the mystery of what he saw when he entered a tyrest's portal and -cough! BRIEFCASE! cough!-.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #54 Review

Postby Big Grim » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:35 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:To anyone who hopes to read this review and not have some spoilers, whether they be major or minor, I would highly suggest reading the comic before this review.

For a fellow who warns of spoilers, there are precious few in your reviews, and I appreciate that. I generally have longer to wait to get my issues in the UK but I do like to read the reviews. Your reviews are great because there are so few spoilers.

Thanks! ;)^
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:41 am

Randomhero wrote:Agreed. I didn't hate this issue as I have for the past couple but I am very done with this story. 3 issues setting up the storm shield and then deciding not to use it. It's not a bad issue it's quite good but I'm finding myself feeling a lot of apathy for this story and just saying "alright let's move on"

im gonna raise one more theory to your list, the lost light returning and realizing what they did was wrong. 200 autobots on that ship, characters we all know and have some personally connection with certain ones betrayed them and led them to slaughter. 5 issues later and I till don't like the idea that characters like hound, huffer, gears, percepter, etc would do that. I think we can all agree megatron isn't killed, I think the best bet is Magnus, swerve, rewind, tailgate and Cyclonus. They never went back.

The full page of megatron walking up was lovely and is now my background on my iPad. Skids was sad and I was just talking to someone about if there's more to him and well, no. All that was left was him gaining his memories. That being said I don't thinks he's gone for good. There's still the mystery of what he saw when he entered a tyrest's portal and -cough! BRIEFCASE! cough!-.

I can agree about the Lost Light. I was very disturbed when Roberts mentioned that in issue 50, the entire crew did know that the exiles were on the same planet as the DJD knowingly. I hate that characters like Hoist, who had his roommate killed by one, would do that.

And you are right about the whole issue 21 thing. I'm not sure what they will do about that. I have been thinking that at the end of this arc, the exiles would hunt down their ship, or pursue the quest themselves, and eventually meet up again with the Lost Light and do battle for their ship. So, them coming back would be surprising and cool.

Big Grim wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:To anyone who hopes to read this review and not have some spoilers, whether they be major or minor, I would highly suggest reading the comic before this review.

For a fellow who warns of spoilers, there are precious few in your reviews, and I appreciate that. I generally have longer to wait to get my issues in the UK but I do like to read the reviews. Your reviews are great because there are so few spoilers.

Thanks! ;)^

Well thank you very much :D I try not to spoil stuff until the comments section, but occasionally you really can't. But at least they aren't as bad as I think :lol:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:46 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So, yes.

Agreed. I didn't hate this issue as I have for the past couple but I am very done with this story. 3 issues setting up the storm shield and then deciding not to use it. It's not a bad issue it's quite good but I'm finding myself feeling a lot of apathy for this story and just saying "alright let's move on"

I don't think we're going to see the Lost Light again for a little while. After the "Aftermath" issue (which is a finale, not an aftermath, Roberts!), we get some Titans Return tie-ins, and the latest solicit seems to imply that Fortress Maximus may finally be getting a more familiar form.

My guess is that Team Rodimus teams up with a newly Titan-sized Fort Max, and begins the search for the Lost Light, which leads into the newly renumbered series which appears to be coming.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot N » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Hoping for a Defensor-ex-machina. Although, Deathsaurus turning at the last minute would be pretty cool.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ricemazter » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:52 am

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
I really, really hope that no one helps Megatron with the triple choom It'd be a real shame to have some deus ex character arrive in the nick of time to save the day. I know everyone would be excited for the protectobots to show up or something, but I'd prefer a Megatron character piece instead.

How about if the shot noises are actually Megatron's fists as he beats down tarn and overlord, proving the only thing holding him back was his own fear? He could be afraid to be without a gun, but not for the reasons the other cons assume. Another thing for him to use to keep his brutality in check.

Though I do have to wonder what the heck thunderclash is doing. I have a hard time believing he would go along with getaway's mutiny given everything we know about him.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:22 am

ricemazter wrote:I really, really hope that no one helps Megatron with the triple choom It'd be a real shame to have some deus ex character arrive in the nick of time to save the day. I know everyone would be excited for the protectobots to show up or something, but I'd prefer a Megatron character piece instead.

How about if the shot noises are actually Megatron's fists as he beats down tarn and overlord, proving the only thing holding him back was his own fear? He could be afraid to be without a gun, but not for the reasons the other cons assume. Another thing for him to use to keep his brutality in check.

Though I do have to wonder what the heck thunderclash is doing. I have a hard time believing he would go along with getaway's mutiny given everything we know about him.

Based on the shocked expression on Megatron's face and Rodimus', I doubt Megatron lashes out initially. Something else gets his attention, makes the noise, and then hell breaks loose. At least I'm thinking
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:41 am

I hate to break into the real world but let's be honest. Hasbro does have final say in who dies and megatron has a nice new Titans Returns toy coming out and ITS MEGATRON! Lol he is more invincible than Optimus. Optimes can die but he's gotta come back. Even the movies have followed a trend of killing him, resurrecting him, killing him resurrecting him.

Should we even talk about Tarn? I know I've said Im done with the unmasking and I've read some other reviews that have followed my feelings but as this story has gone on does it matter who he is anymore? Whether he's Roller, senator Proteus, or hell it could be even Bulkhead from Monstrosity at this point, does it matter. He is Tarn and he will die as Tarn-if he dies-. I've said many times because the clues of roller are so blatant and right in front of us and that's not how Roberts writes, the roller clues are nothing but red herrings but for me it doesn't matter anymore because whoever he used to be, he is now tarn.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:52 am

Nice call back to Maximun Dinobots with Rodimus doing his best human torch impersonations it was driving me nuts asking "where has done this before? I know he has done this." It was when he got captured by the Machination
Last edited by Randomhero on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:04 am

Randomhero wrote:Nice call back to Maximun Dinobots with Rodimus doing his best human torch impersonations it was driving me nuts asking "he has done this before has he done this?" It was when he got captured by the Machination

It was actually a question asked on twitter too! Someone asked if Rodimus would do that again and Roberts said "I gotta find the right set of circumstances." and lo and behold, we have a flame out
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:15 am

I know people are hoping for fort max to team up with Rodimus as a new Titan but come on, Prowl is in that issue. He's taking fort max to cybertron to even the playing now field in his favor.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby DaRonin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:24 am

As for the cliffhanger in this issue, one of two things are going to happen. Either those three shots we heard were megatron firing from the cannon on his back, or it was Ultra Magnus to the rescue as, now that he has his upgrade, deserves a rematch with overlord while Megatron settles things with Tarn.

Also, I really hope Ravage isn't dead. I like him a lot.
DaRonin
Mini-Con

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:26 am

DaRonin wrote:As for the cliffhanger in this issue, one of two things are going to happen. Either those three shots we heard were megatron firing from the cannon on his back, or it was Ultra Magnus to the rescue as, now that he has his upgrade, deserves a rematch with overlord while Megatron settles things with Tarn.

Also, I really hope Ravage isn't dead. I like him a lot.

I'm sure he'll be fine. He's got like 8 more lives

There's a great call back from Skids calling himself scum. Back in issue two while first trying to figure out his name he guesses his name is Scum
Last edited by Randomhero on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby RevTibe » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:28 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:im gonna raise one more theory to your list, the lost light returning and realizing what they did was wrong. 200 autobots on that ship, characters we all know and have some personally connection with certain ones betrayed them and led them to slaughter. 5 issues later and I till don't like the idea that characters like hound, huffer, gears, percepter, etc would do that. I think we can all agree megatron isn't killed, I think the best bet is Magnus, swerve, rewind, tailgate and Cyclonus. They never went back.

I can agree about the Lost Light. I was very disturbed when Roberts mentioned that in issue 50, the entire crew did know that the exiles were on the same planet as the DJD knowingly. I hate that characters like Hoist, who had his roommate killed by one, would do that.
I'd say that's highly unlikely. Remember, at the start of Dying of the Light we see various characters receiving the stranded crew's last words, they specify that this message took three weeks to reach Optimus, Starscream, and the Scavengers, and then Optimus discovers that the Lost Light is radio silent, following Getaway deactivating comm.s post-mutiny. Theoretically, the LL could show up and then have a handwaved reason for being radio silent for a month, but eh, I'm a bit too optimistic to expect a cop out of that degree.

That said, I'm a bit suspicious of Thunderclash's place in the mutiny, especially since Roberts went out of his way to establish that he was forced into a coma when he showed up on the Lost Light, and remained in a coma until after Getaway and Atomizer were arrested. He may be playing along, but the coma seems to be a deliberate attempt to avoid having Thunderclash be "vetted" by Atomizer, Getaway and his nudge gun.

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And you are right about the whole issue 21 thing. I'm not sure what they will do about that. I have been thinking that at the end of this arc, the exiles would hunt down their ship, or pursue the quest themselves, and eventually meet up again with the Lost Light and do battle for their ship. So, them coming back would be surprising and cool.
My pet theory is that the "subspace mailbox" introduced post-Combiner Wars will play into this - crew will have a Titans Return adventure, wind up on Luna 1, use Luna 1 tech to stretch out subspace mailbox.
RevTibe
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Buy from RevTibe on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:32 am

RevTibe wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:im gonna raise one more theory to your list, the lost light returning and realizing what they did was wrong. 200 autobots on that ship, characters we all know and have some personally connection with certain ones betrayed them and led them to slaughter. 5 issues later and I till don't like the idea that characters like hound, huffer, gears, percepter, etc would do that. I think we can all agree megatron isn't killed, I think the best bet is Magnus, swerve, rewind, tailgate and Cyclonus. They never went back.

I'd say that's highly unlikely. Remember, at the start of Dying of the Light we see various characters receiving the stranded crew's last words, they specify that this message took three weeks to reach Optimus, Starscream, and the Scavengers, and then Optimus discovers that the Lost Light is radio silent, following Getaway deactivating comm.s post-mutiny. Theoretically, the LL could show up and then have a handwaved reason for being radio silent for a month, but eh, I'm a bit too optimistic to expect a cop out of that degree.

That said, I'm a bit suspicious of Thunderclash's place in the mutiny, especially since Roberts went out of his way to establish that he was forced into a coma when he showed up on the Lost Light, and remained in a coma until after Getaway and Atomizer were arrested. He may be playing along, but the coma seems to be a deliberate attempt to avoid having Thunderclash be "vetted" by Atomizer, Getaway and his nudge gun.

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:And you are right about the whole issue 21 thing. I'm not sure what they will do about that. I have been thinking that at the end of this arc, the exiles would hunt down their ship, or pursue the quest themselves, and eventually meet up again with the Lost Light and do battle for their ship. So, them coming back would be surprising and cool.
My pet theory is that the "subspace mailbox" introduced post-Combiner Wars will play into this - crew will have a Titans Return adventure, wind up on Luna 1, use Luna 1 tech to stretch out subspace mailbox. :WRECKERS:

The reason why thunderclash was part of the mutiny is simple. megatron. 200 autobots covertly decided to mutiny because megatron was being allowed to live and be part of the crew. Getaway even says "not him, he is not allowed to be forgiven" 4 million years of war is reason enough to for some I'm not saying all but for some to do something about it. no doubt that's plenty reason for thunderclash.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby RevTibe » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:37 am

Randomhero wrote:
RevTibe wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

My pet theory is that the "subspace mailbox" introduced post-Combiner Wars will play into this - crew will have a Titans Return adventure, wind up on Luna 1, use Luna 1 tech to stretch out subspace mailbox. :WRECKERS:

The reason why thunderclash was part of the mutiny is simple. megatron. 200 autobots covertly decided to mutiny because megatron was being allowed to live and be part of the crew. Getaway even says "not him, he is not allowed to be forgiven" 4 million years of war is reason enough to for some I'm not saying all but for some to do something about it. no doubt that's plenty reason for thunderclash.

That could certainly be the case, but the fact that valuable text and pagespace was dedicated to establishing he lapsed into a second coma right at the time he would have been vetted by Getaway and Atomizer, and only awoke after they could not, has me suspicious. I really doubt that secondary coma was entirely pointless.
RevTibe
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Buy from RevTibe on eBay

Postby shauyaun » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:50 am

Motto: "Nothing is certain but death so live while you still can!"
Weapon: Twin Laser Cannon
I want to get into the transformers comics but I have no idea where to start I read till all are one issue one last night and I had no idea what was going on can anyone tell me how to start reading and what comics are related like I know robots in disguise and combiner wars are in the same time line(I think) I don't know.
:HUNTER: ShaunImage :HUNTER:

Oh also check out my EPIC TF collection
shauyaun
Combiner
News Credits: 12
Watch shauyaun on YouTube
Alt Mode: A super fast and high flying hover tank
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby MemphisR56 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:02 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
Shauyaun wrote:I want to get into the transformers comics but I have no idea where to start I read till all are one issue one last night and I had no idea what was going on can anyone tell me how to start reading and what comics are related like I know robots in disguise and combiner wars are in the same time line(I think) I don't know.

There are 2 main timelines... sort of... it's now 3.

rubbish.png
IDW Flowchart

Most people recommend starting at 'Death of Optimus Prime', this is what IDW officially considers the start of "Phase 2"

EDIT: Now with fancy flowchart
Last edited by MemphisR56 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON