This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Galva Prime » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:00 pm

RAR wrote:Definition of premier
1 : first in position, rank, or importance
2 : first in time : earliest

Definition of premiere
: premier
Origin and Etymology of premiere
alteration of 'premier'

(from websters online dictionary)

So what distinction are we trying to draw here if the word means "First" that is all I can really infer from it.

As has been previously implied there is nothing about these $20.00 deluxes that screams platinium or premium quality here. they seem to simply be out first.

I suppose someone could be using the word due to the movie connotation of film premieres

-------

But i'm still not sure if the first 4 or 6 deluxes will be boxed then they will change to carded toys - or if the whole line looks like this.

I'll tell you right now i'm not buying that repaint Bumblebee for £15.00 let alone for £20.00 I'm happy to buy a darker toned Slash or The dread or barry for £12.00 to £15.00 if I'm feeling the need to buy something in a few months.

But frankly It would be a better use of my money to spend that money on Takara movie toys. (especially Starscream and Ratchet) not to mention a lot is happening soon in 3rd party and premium-KO's that are a better bang for my buck.

But i'm fond of barry so I'll likely get him as soon as is reasonable.

I do wish they'd reissued dlx Soundwave though as he's a tricky fella to get in deluxe from - I can understand why they'd not do Dlx leadfoot due to expense of renewing the NASCAR licence - and he is supposed to be getting KO'd soon anyway in his unreleased sponsored deco to boot- so that is less of an issue.

There are quite a few meanings for premier, and I'm guessing the ones Hasbro are going with are 'top-tier', 'highest', 'second to none' and of course 'prime'. It means 'first' but in the sense of rank or status etc. rather than first chronologically. Premier and premiere did originate from the same word, but they've gained slightly different uses. Kind of how skirt and shirt came for the same Norse word. The hotel chain Premier Inn isn't claiming to be the first ever hotels, but rather the best; the Premier League is the the football league for the top tier clubs.

Obviously Hasbro is really exaggerating the quality here, but I suppose compared to the one steps these are the best.

premier
ˈprɛmɪə,ˈpriːmɪə/
adjective
adjective: premier
first in importance, order, or position; leading.
"Germany's premier rock band"
synonyms: leading, foremost, chief, principal, head, top-ranking, top, top-tier, prime, primary, first, highest, second to none, pre-eminent, main, senior, outstanding, master; More
ranking;
informaltop-notch, crack
"one of Britain's premier chefs"
of earliest creation.
"he holds the premier barony in the UK—created in 1269"
noun
noun: premier; plural noun: premiers
a prime minister or other head of government.
synonyms: head of government, prime minister, PM, president, chief minister, chancellor
"the Italian premier"
(in Australia and Canada) the chief minister of a government of a state or province.

I can't see they'd be boxing the first wave of deluxes but not the rest. I'm guessing they're doing that to further distinguish them from the simpler figures. The AOE deluxes and power battlers got very easily mixed up on the pegs.
Galva Prime
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Galva Prime wrote:
Obviously Hasbro is really exaggerating the quality here, but I suppose compared to the one steps these are the best.

Oh I get it now, its to distinguish from other more simple figures. That makes sense since it wasnt always obvious with AOE (like Strafe).

Thanks!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RAR » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:30 pm

This depresses me.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Emerje » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Galva Prime wrote:To those wondering about the Premier Editions, this is just the new name for Movie Generations, now that the Generations Prime Wars line will continue concurrently with the movie figures.

That can't be the actual reasoning since Generations Age of Extinction ran concurrently with Generations Thrilling 30 in 2014. More likely they're just trying to avoid any possible retailer confusion this time around since it was a bad idea already the last time.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby RAR » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:36 pm

I have this horrible thought despite the sales figures showing the "Generations" line is pretty popular that they might throw all 3 other mainline under the bus for what seems to be a line of partial repaints.

The really tragic thing is they had a real chance to redeem themselves here with something like a new mould really good 1970's Bumblebee Deluxe.

I'm frankly kind of perplexed what they are going to put in the "Legends" class movie toy releases.

Squeeks certainly - but what else ?

Now if it was me I'd be using the excuse of the 10th Anniversary and making smaller toys of Wheelie, Brains, Igor, Frenzy, The Kitchen Crew, even Alice.

For example they never made a Bunny-bot toy or Frenzy as a Mobile phone.

If they just make the same characters as usual in a smaller size I really won't see the point of that.

It would be fine for a gimic subline for example the scout size RID toys with Minicons and armour if they made something like that only with Movie characters - I'd be up for that.

-------

Anyone got any ideas what they might do with the Legends class (movie) line? as I'm perplexed.
RAR
Gestalt

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It says "Autobots Stobotua", or just "Autobots Autobots" with one upside down.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:49 pm

RAR wrote:Anyone got any ideas what they might do with the Legends class (movie) line? as I'm perplexed.

I imagine they'll just pad it with small versions of the movie cast just like every Legends (and Cyberverse) line before it. This isn't going to be like the Scout class from the earlier movies, this is going to blend a lot of different sized characters into one line.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby RAR » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:01 pm

Emerje wrote:
RAR wrote:Anyone got any ideas what they might do with the Legends class (movie) line? as I'm perplexed.

I imagine they'll just pad it with small versions of the movie cast just like every Legends (and Cyberverse) line before it. This isn't going to be like the Scout class from the earlier movies, this is going to blend a lot of different sized characters into one line.

Emerje

Yes that would make total sense for "Legion" class but for "Legends" not so much.

I'd rather have Legions in some case as the scale would make more sense - but Legion Dinobot would be nice - but then so would Legends.

If they did both sizes and treated the Legends class like Cyberverse Commander Class then I'm a happy pussycat (so to speak) .

I hope they play catch up with all the didn't do for AOE though with the Legions (if there is legions that are not just reissues/repaints)
RAR
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:42 am

RAR wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Yes that would make total sense for "Legion" class but for "Legends" not so much.

Since when does scale ever make sense in Transformers. ;) After all the first two post-Legion Legends were Optimus and Bumblebee at the very same size. I don't really see any reason for that to change now.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby SkyWarpt » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:03 am

Motto: "Having kids…the perfect excuse to be a kid"
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
:-? Wondering if premier is more along the lines of Preview figs for 2007 flick or 1st editions for prime
SkyWarpt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Buy from SkyWarpt on eBay
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:36 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Emerje wrote:
RAR wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Since when does scale ever make sense in Transformers. ;) After all the first two post-Legion Legends were Optimus and Bumblebee at the very same size. I don't really see any reason for that to change now.

Emerje

It's going to be the whole "Legends" vs. "Legions" debate all over again, huh? :(

The worst part is while Legion/Pre-DotM Legends Class is clearly defined as having small versions of characters of its main line, Legends Class isn't as clear cut, because for the most part it has the smaller characters of any given line, with smaller versions of larger characters mixed in. Then again, when it comes to dedicated molds the latter has been sporadic:

- Optimus Prime
- Starscream
- Megatron
- Gnaw (come on, at their current size they're little ankle biters!)

I don't know if I should count the Insecticons, as they're stated to be the size of their Diaclone toys. And Bumblebee is just a weird case feeling at home in both Deluxe and Legends.

SkyWarpt wrote::-? Wondering if premier is more along the lines of Preview figs for 2007 flick or 1st editions for prime

Apples and oranges: the "Preview" figures for 2007 and RotF were normal figures in a special first wave, while Prime 1st Edition had Generation-style designs, which was rendered moot for all purposes with Prime Robots in Disguise.

As explained before, "Premier" (not "premiere" as in "first") is mostly likely the name for the Generations-styled toys. It being called out on the packaging makes it easier to identify them from simpler toys of similar size. I still remember the stockers getting confused between Gen. Deluxe Class and the similarly-sized Power Battlers during AoE.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Kurona » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
RAR wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Emerje

It's going to be the whole "Legends" vs. "Legions" debate all over again, huh? :(

The worst part is while Legion/Pre-DotM Legends Class is clearly defined as having small versions of characters of its main line, Legends Class isn't as clear cut, because for the most part it has the smaller characters of any given line, with smaller versions of larger characters mixed in. Then again, when it comes to dedicated molds the latter has been sporadic:

- Optimus Prime
- Starscream
- Megatron

I don't know if I should count the Insecticons, as they're stated to be the size of their Diaclone toys. And Bumblebee is just a weird case feeling at home in both Deluxe and Legends.

Also Shockwave; even though there's an obvious reason why he was that scale in the first place.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 am

Kurona wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
RAR wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Emerje

- Optimus Prime
- Starscream
- Megatron

Also Shockwave; even though there's an obvious reason why he was that scale in the first place.

Let's not forget Hot Rod as well, for the same reason as Shockwave. Interestingly he's the only one of the larger characters that is a repaint of one of the smaller characters (while there are a lot of examples of the opposite).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 am

Emerje wrote:
Kurona wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
RAR wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Emerje

- Optimus Prime
- Starscream
- Megatron

Let's not forget Hot Rod as well, for the same reason as Shockwave. Interestingly he's the only one of the larger characters that is a repaint of one of the smaller characters (while there are a lot of examples of the opposite).

Emerje

They did specify dedicated molds, so...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Could it be possible that the Premier Editions do not count towards the main line? I guess we'll find out soon enough. :-?

Well, it is premier edition. I'd assume that it would at least get a name change after the movie gets released.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
SillySpringer wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Could it be possible that the Premier Editions do not count towards the main line? I guess we'll find out soon enough. :-?

Well, it is premier edition. I'd assume that it would at least get a name change after the movie gets released.

Not "Premiere" as in first. It's "Premier" as in "Elite". One letter makes all the difference.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:12 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

Not "Premiere" as in first. It's "Premier" as in "Elite". One letter makes all the difference.

Hmm, well, it seems to me that Hasbro wouldn't want to confuse us like that, but whatever. I kinda hope it's just a play on words.

It also is not just "premier movie line" or something like that, but rather "premier edition". The word "edition" also makes me think this is not for the whole line. But who knows.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
SillySpringer wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

Hmm, well, it seems to me that Hasbro wouldn't want to confuse us like that, but whatever. I kinda hope it's just a play on words.

It also is not just "premier movie line" or something like that, but rather "premier edition". The word "edition" also makes me think this is not for the whole line. But who knows.

There's nothing really confusing about that difference, unless you have no knowledge the two words existing, or of any other language. Which might be the case for a lot of people, I realise, typing this, so fair enough.

As for the latter point, the 'edition' monicker may indicate a 'limited run' yes. But we'll see in a couple of weeks, with Toy Fair coming up. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Kurona wrote:They did specify dedicated molds, so...

And? I was only pointing him out as an oddity among the "larger" characters. Of all of them he's the only one that isn't a dedicated mold.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Overcracker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
SillySpringer wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

I would wager its going to be similar to what they did with the Premium Edition figures for the 2007 Movie Line. Where certain main line figures got "premium" paint jobs.

2007 Barricade (regular)

2007 Barricade (Premium Edition)

2007 Ironhide (regular)

2007 Ironhide (Premium Edition)
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby RAR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Oh poor Barry what did the bad man do to you !!!
RAR
Gestalt

Postby Kurona » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm

So basically... wait for the Recon version? :P

Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Overcracker wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:It also is not just "premier movie line" or something like that, but rather "premier edition". The word "edition" also makes me think this is not for the whole line. But who knows.

I would wager its going to be similar to what they did with the Premium Edition figures for the 2007 Movie Line. Where certain main line figures got "premium" paint jobs.

Problem is, could you really picture these figures with less paint? If this is the premium version then how do they drop from there?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Overcracker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:It also is not just "premier movie line" or something like that, but rather "premier edition". The word "edition" also makes me think this is not for the whole line. But who knows.

Problem is, could you really picture these figures with less paint? If this is the premium version then how do they drop from there?

Emerje

There's always grey plastic.... Image

Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220858 (CA) Roche"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230813 (CA) Segovia (W)MacKay (A)Sabbatini"
MOON KNIGHT #28 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #3 var WHM Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220961 (CA) Bazaldua 240415A"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #3 var WH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var foil Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230655 (CA)Hughes 240415B"
NEW!
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #19 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230869 (CA) Vecchio (W) Percy 231222W"
GHOST RIDER #19 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #7 var classic homage Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221085 (CA) Cho"
DAREDEVIL #7 var c ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #4 Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221023 (CA) Ngu (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #4 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #13 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230864 (CA) Barends (W) Percy 231222Y"
GHOST RIDER #13 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #9 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230965 (CA) Ba 230328A"
DAREDEVIL #9 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var Marvel Comics MAR230887 (CA) Vicentini (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var Last Days Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230814 (CA) Lee (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #16 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230907 (CA) Barends (W) Percy (A) Campagna"
GHOST RIDER #16 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #22 var Timeless Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230862 (CA) Ross (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #22 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #8 Planet Apes Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220944 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Dodson"
DAREDEVIL #8 Plane ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON