This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

In Hand Images of Knight Armor Turbo Bumblebee, Optimus and Grimlock Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
The flip and change class of simpler movie toys has a new gimmick this time for Transformers: The Last Knight, where all of them come with flip out helmets/masks. They are called Knight Armor and drastically change the look of the figure. Below you will see images of the toys with and without their helmets as well as the first ever in hand image of Knight Armor Bumblebee in vehicle mode, which looks great. That image, and a few others are courtesy of Pascal over at cybertron.ca while the rest were taken by me. These are for wave one only, since it is the only wave released so far, and includes Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and Grimlock, who ends up with a crown rather than a mask covering his face like the other two.

Enjoy!

Here is what Pascal had to say about these:

The legs on Bumblebee are really annoying, they want to move up (due to transformation), same with the toes (they're spring-loaded and fold up in car mode). Very unstable. Prime is cool though.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade

"Me, Grimlock, not king, me court jester!" :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Transformers: The Last Knight Toys found in Toys R Us!

Postby AgentK2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:44 pm

Weapon: Blue Blaze
So today in Toys R Us (East Coast), I found TLK toys also! They had pretty much the full cast, except for Optimus (unless I missed him, I wouldn't have gotten him anyway). I got Berserker, Barricade, Grimlock, and Slash, they had Bumblebee but I had no interest in him as I've got the platinum edition AOE version, and the takara Stinger... yeah, I need no more of those. Here are some pictures of the figures in store.
This is how they were when I found them, I was incredibly excited. Barricade can be seen hidden in the back a bit there, I was worried he wouldn't be at first. He was the one I was most excited for. Cracked him open today, he's good! I cannot wait for a good reprolabels set to go on him, and I kinda want to swap out his legs for some reason. I tried my CW Nosecone's legs, and I think they looked really good besides the color difference! Wondering what I could do (if anybody has any ideas on what might look good, let me know! I hope to find something in black because I think that would match the figure color better than any other blue I could possibly find).
These are the legends, but I had absolutely no interest in them.
At checkout, the cashier had to get a bit of assistance from somebody else because it seemed the figures were not to be sold yet. Luckily, though, I was able to get them with no trouble.
This was my final selection lined up. They look good. Grimlock actually has some really nice painted detail, in my opinion, such as on his foot and knees where they don't just make it all one color but break things up with different shades of silver and gray. Perhaps it's not much all things considered, but paint can be scarce on figures these days so it's good to know that not all figures suffer from the lack of it. The dino eyes being red and robo eyes being blue puts me off a bit, but other than that I really like him. Berserker is nice, had a lot of fun with him, though the head seems to pop off a bit easily. Doesn't matter too much, it's a simple enough fix. I already expressed my thoughts on Barricade, (again, anybody with leg ideas let me know!). Slash is the most underwhelming for me, but that's not because he's bad or anything. I like his colors more than the original, but that's about it. He's fine though, just doesn't stand out to me from the rest.
This... kinda made my day. I thought of the possibility of TLK toys popping up in Toys R Us when I checked it out, but I didn't expect it would actually happen. Today was a good day.
AgentK2
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: A giant memory stick
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I really thought the mask would do more, like activate some chest armor or shoulder armor or something instead of just the mask
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Lo and behold, I'll go to my local Walmart tomorrow and all I'll find will be a barren wasteland. >:oP
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Pictorial and Video Review for Transformers: The Last Knight Deluxe Barricade

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Barricade is a fun character to get again in a movie toyline since he is movie original and has had decent-very good toys ever since the first film. Below are my thoughts on the new figure in a pictorial review followed by fellow Seibertronian Chuckdawg's thoughts in a video review. Our opinions could not be more different.

I will start by being very blunt: I think this figure sucks. If this is the best this line has to offer with its deluxes, which is what I am hearing from other reviewers, then we are in for a rough ride. Simply said, he is a basic and lazy shell-former. The transformation is nothing new, it's very similar to deluxe Drift from Age of Extinction but without any ingenuity that figure had like the folding doors to reveal new robot detail.

Instead we just get a plain figure where kibble just hangs out. He is far from being as sleek as any character model has shown us and in fact looks nothing like his character model.

I was going to say maybe the head looks similar but they do something super odd where the head is made of two pieces and the piece in the back is a dull beige plastic. I have no clue why they couldn't use the same plastic colour as the front of the head. It looks odd and cheap.

A lot of the problems stem from the simplicity of the figure which results in a terrible looking back, which totally invades the front. There is almost no transformation or deco to the legs, which have the outline of the wheels showing in robot mode, making it look like he has super weird calves.

The backpack is as bad as it gets with shell-formers, taking up the height of the figure, basically, but what bothers me is that it doesn't peg into anything at the top.

Another thing, this figure is puny. Here he is next to Kup.

That Kup cost me $15 USD while Baricade cost me $22 USD (current MSRP for both lines in Canada). This figure just makes me appreciate my Kup even more now.

I do like his knuckles though.

The weapons are ok and I do like that they can be stored in alt mode.

Another thing to note, this toy is not based on any specific car since there is no licensing. Here is a shot of the back of the box where you can see the amount of steps it should take.

So that was my opinion with the photos showing you what I am talking about. Chuckdawg had a very different opinion and here it is below!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:While Barricade's transformation is not perfect, it's not as fiddly as it could be. The best part is the wide assortment of accessories, I especially like the Autobot beating stick. If you're going to buy one figure from the first wave of The Last Knight Deluxe Class, make it Barricade.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:Lo and behold, I'll go to my local Walmart tomorrow and all I'll find will be a barren wasteland. >:oP

You ready to spend $40 on a voyager and $30 on a deluxe?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 pm

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Lo and behold, I'll go to my local Walmart tomorrow and all I'll find will be a barren wasteland. >:oP

For voyager Megatron? Hell YEAH! Right here, right now! :x

As for the rest, I'll wait for the usual sale. Even if that "sale" will just bring back the prices at normal levels.
Still, that new Hound is mighty tempting too...
So far however, none of the deluxes interest me.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

As for the rest, I'll wait for the usual sale. Even if that "sale" will just bring back the prices at normal levels.

Ok so then it doesnt matter if your walmart will have those figures tomorrow or not then.
The voyagers you want are only coming in like 2 months.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Ok so then it doesnt matter if your walmart will have those figures tomorrow or not then.
The voyagers you want are only coming in like 2 months.

Oh.
Well, thanks, you saved me a trip.

Optimus Prime seem like a fantastic mold, but I have enough of him already and I'll eather wait for it to be 20$, or if some super special repaint ever come out. Based on Evasion Prime, this is very likely.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby noctorro » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Offtopic:

Anybody else creeped out by the giant letters official productions ceo apple evil corp in the pictures?
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
noctorro wrote:Offtopic:

Anybody else creeped out by the giant

Okay, yep, follwing you...
letters official productions ceo apple evil corp in the pictures?

Yeah, I got...you just...I don't...what?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:08 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Optimus' face needs more painted details. Looks weird that it's all grey.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys found in Toys R Us!

Postby King Kuuga » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:45 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
AgentK2 wrote:Lots of text and broken pictures

So hey buddy, it looks like your pictures were hosted on Discord. It looks like they don't allow external access to their files, so all your embedded reference pics just showed up as broken links. I even followed the URL and only got an error message. I suggest hosting your pictures on Imgur or another site if they're too big to upload straight to Seibertron.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:13 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Eh I dunno. Still looks better to me than that TItans Kup he's pictured with (liking Takara's Kup so much more). Kup avoids having bulky back pack by simply turning into a made up sci fi shoe-car with no roof. :P

I'd quite like to get painting some lil details on this Barricade but yes some of the car kibble could have been made to fold up more to improve it but I still like the look of it. I'd paint the back of his head like I do with some of my figures anyways to block the lightpiping they have (I hate lightpiping, just paint the damn eyes the colour they're supposed to be!)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:29 am

He doesnt have any lightpiping.
And his car mode is also made up. There is no license.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:38 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I can see myself not getting much of this line. Which is fine, as far as movie figures go I've become VERY selective.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:39 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Oh. That's disappointing. If he didn't have that backpack or if it folded up better (see Battle Blade Bumblebee) he'd look OK, but with that whole non-compressible vehicle roof on his back...Nah. A shame as his movie design (from what we've seen of it) and aesthetic concept is pretty awesome. Nightstick, shotgun mandala and "Protect and Serve" knuckledusters? Hell yeah! What a pity they got translated to such a crappy figure.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Firepower: 6

Postby Galva Prime » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 am

I'd say Barricade and Optimus are the weakest of all the new moulds so this is not indicative of how good the entire line's going to be. You only have to look at both Megatrons and Scorn to see that they're better than the the Barrcade mould. Not sure why he's so simplified when others in the line transform in more steps. Perhaps it's because he comes with more accessories. Still, it wouldn't have hurt them to actually but the doors on his arms and maybe have the chest transform a bit more to show his badge in the middle.
Galva Prime
Mini-Con

Postby Bumblebee21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:55 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
i took the backpack off of barricade and it makes him soo much better.
he does have a lot of paint on him or a finish of some type
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Ig89ninja » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:52 am

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Bumblebee21 wrote:i took the backpack off of barricade and it makes him soo much better.

Wait wait wait, the backpack is removable? If so I'll might actually get this figure
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Endurance: 4
Skill: ???

Postby Bumblebee21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:57 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Ig89ninja wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:i took the backpack off of barricade and it makes him soo much better.

Wait wait wait, the backpack is removable? If so I'll might actually get this figure

yes
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9

Postby EmirateXaaron » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:59 am

Motto: "Becoming the physical body of Primus really lowers your life-expectancy."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Argh, sorry for taking so long to get back here. I was unable to revisit the TRU during my stay in Indiana, as I had Easter events to attend with family. Though, I'd say they were stock that was accidentally put out early, if the other experiences here are anything to go by. I might be able to ask a friend that's staying down there to give it a try, though.
EmirateXaaron
Minibot
News Credits: 6
Buy from EmirateXaaron on eBay
Alt Mode: Space tank
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Firepower: ???

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 am

Galva Prime wrote:I'd say Barricade and Optimus are the weakest of all the new moulds so this is not indicative of how good the entire line's going to be. You only have to look at both Megatrons and Scorn to see that they're better than the the Barrcade mould. Not sure why he's so simplified when others in the line transform in more steps. Perhaps it's because he comes with more accessories. Still, it wouldn't have hurt them to actually but the doors on his arms and maybe have the chest transform a bit more to show his badge in the middle.

I totally agree with it being odd that Barricade is simplified when the other new molds seem to go back to the ROTF complexity. That Voyager Optimus is super complex (almost annoyingly so, especially with those damn truck panels on the arms).

And while I like your optimism on megatron and the other new molds, these two and berserker are the only ones we have so far for new molds. We didnt handle the other ones yet so we cant know for sure. There are a bunch of cool looking toys which end up being dissapointing once we have them in hand (Leader Grimlock from the previous movie is a good example). I am hoping thats not the case with any of these but the only ones we have been able to handle so far arent that great. Thats pretty much all I meant.

Its the metallic plastic used that gives it a nice looking finish.

Ig89ninja wrote:Wait wait wait, the backpack is removable? If so I'll might actually get this figure

Its not intentional. Like how his arms and head are also removeable since they are on ball joints. Removing the backpack just means your shell-former became a partformer, yay.

EmirateXaaron wrote:Argh, sorry for taking so long to get back here. I was unable to revisit the TRU during my stay in Indiana, as I had Easter events to attend with family. Though, I'd say they were stock that was accidentally put out early, if the other experiences here are anything to go by. I might be able to ask a friend that's staying down there to give it a try, though.

Its been days, so forget that for now. We will news when the line is made available monday.

william-james88
News Staff

Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Sighted at UK Retail

Postby Va'al » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
After some first look images we got a while ago from Argos UK for Transformers: The Last Knight toys, we now also have a confirmed sighting of the figures on the shelves in other retailers! The following proof comes from fellow Seibertronian Crankcase79 and the Smyths in Birstall, Leeds - check out the display of £22.49/$29 USD Deluxes (lotsa Barricades), One-Steps, Turbo Changers - regular and Tiny - and more, and use our Sightings database anywhere in the world to help out local collectors too!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON