This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
That Cybertron Primus redeco. THAT, I did NOT see coming. :shock:
I already have the Cybertron original and the 2010 special Takara version so I'm good. Still, look interesting.

There's also so GOOD stuff coming up. Like that voyager dragon, that jet, that legends combiner, that new deluxe Bee...

Can't wait! :APPLAUSE:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Malaysia myNEWS Limited Edition Gold Optimus Prime Contest

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
From Malaysian store chain myNEWS.com, we have a competition for an exclusive Optimus Prime figure! Featuring a shiny gold chrome paint job, this gilded version of the Premier Edition Voyager Optimus will be made available to ten winners of myNEWS' contest. The rules are outlined below, along with an image of the grand prize.

Steps to Win:
Step 1: Purchase any Transformers product worth RM30 in a single receipt from any myNEWS store.
Step 2: Take a photo with your Transformers products – remember to unleash your best creativity!
Step 3: Like myNEWS Facebook page (fb.com/myNEWS.com.my)
Step 4: Post your photo and proof of receipt as a comment under The Contest’s posting on the official myNEWS Facebook page with the hashtag #mynews #transformers5my #optimusprimevoyager
Step 5: Submit your entry by emailing your picture and receipt to mynews2u@mynews.com.my

For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Cobotron » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I was studing Dragonstorm pretty hard and man, that combining looks cool. Definitely interested in that toy. I try to avoid the movie toys, but then they have to go and get all knight themed with them and I can't resist. :BANG_HEAD: :lol:

As for whether Legion Hot Rod is a retool. I kind of doubt it. All Legion cars kind of transform the same. I think it's probably a new mold.

Also I agree that Nitro's canopy looks like it opens, but it looks like the entire nose cone splits open to become that arm mounted gun. I'm wondering if the canopy just flips back to stay out of the way of the nosecone splitting. although I hope I'm wrong because a man-able cockpit would be awesome, and Cogman ripping off his head and commandeering his body would be even MORE AWESOMERER!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Anyone over here planning to spend the 1000$ for one of these Lucky Draw Optimuses on the after-market?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Albatross250 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
SillyMcGilly wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
SillyMcGilly wrote:Also Nitro has an opening cockpit, so that makes me wonder if he has integration with Cogman's headmaster. Could Nitro's head pop off or flip in to attach Cogman like Animated Headmaster?

While I do doubt that Nitro is a headmaster and that his cockpit opens, I will say it would be cool.

Think about it for a second. Cogman is supposed to be the headmaster that rips other bots heads off and takes over their body. What if he could rip off say Nitro's head and take over it? That would be really cool, and potentially movie accurate

That's what I said. Also if you look at Nitro's jet, there is a hinge next to the cockpit meaning it most likely opens.

Also Nitro isn't a headmaster. Cogman probably is though, and that's why I wonder if there's a way to flip Nitro's head into the body and connect Cogman's head. Again, a la Animated Headmaster and Bulkhead. Plus the head might be able to go in the cockpit.

I'm still aware that Nitro is gonna be retooled into someone... my hopes are for Thunderwing in Power Of The Primes, i hope... :-?
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Strength: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: The Last Knight Walmart-exclusive Legion Hot Rod

Postby Optimum Supreme » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Kurona wrote:Courtesy of online retailer Robot Kingdom, we now know that a Deluxe and a Tiny Turbo Changer are not all the new TLK character Hot Rod is getting; as they have put up a listing for a Walmart-exclusive Legion toy of Bumblebee's brother in arms. He is sold out at the time of writing and we have yet to see in-hand images, but nevertheless take a look at the images below and tell us what you think in the forums!

It looks as much like Marky Mark as it does Hot Rod, TBH.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Overcracker wrote:So ir legion hot rod a retool of somebody else? Or a completely new mold? Can't rally tell, but he looks familiar somehow.

A remold of Legion Roadbuster, as said by Scottimus Prime.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Nitro having a functioning cockpit doesn't necessarily mean Titan Master playability. Quite a few figures in Transformers' history have had functioning cockpits but nothing to put in there; the CW Leader Seekers come to mind as a recent example.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Overcracker » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
william-james88 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:So ir legion hot rod a retool of somebody else? Or a completely new mold? Can't rally tell, but he looks familiar somehow.

A remold of Legion Roadbuster, as said by Scottimus Prime.

Ahh, thanks. It looked really familiar. I like the black deco with the hood flames, so I'll probably be scouting my Walmarts for that one.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9

Hasbro Transformers Brand Team Exclusive Fan Site Hangout Featuring New The Last Knight Toys

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
This afternoon, Hasbro's Transformers Brand Team held an exclusive Google Hangout video chat for various representatives from Transformers fan sites throughout the internet. Yours truly was in attendance for Seibertron.com, and got to listen in to some extra details, news, notes, and information about many of the various toys from Transformers: The Last Knight that were revealed today. You can find our stories related to those new product reveals at this link with the first news story, and over on this second news story as well.

Read on below for the information I was able to gather in the short time we had to chat with Hasbro. It's possible I might have missed a few details because these calls go quick, but Seibertron.com will be sure to update this with notes from any of the other fan sites around the 'net that our community here will want to know about!

The Hasbro Team

The participants from the Hasbro Transformers Brand Team are Ben Montano, Brand Marketing Director, Transformers; John Warden, Design Manager, Transformers; John Frazier, Senior Brand Development and Marketing Manager, Transformers; and Aristides “Arrow” Membreno, Design Manager, Transformers.

The Last Knight Toys

Starting out with Deluxe Class Hot Rod, they were really excited that the alt mode is an officially licensed Lamborghini design. This looks like a mostly new mold to me, and was very clean out of the package with sharp color contrast in the plastic. They pivoted over to Deluxe Class Skullitron, and pointed out that the deco and design of the figure is meant to evoke the look of a "broken down knight". The face is particularly fun on this one, and definitely hits the intended mark. The toy is a retool/redeco of the Steelbane mold.

Infernocus came next, and they showed off the torso bot and how the Combiner head may be made visible while that individual piece of Infernocus is in robot mode by separating his rib cage. It was noted that they enjoyed this touch because it adds "extra creepiness" to the figure. The team strongly implied (but did not directly state) that the limbs on this hold together on the torso better than on Prime Abominus. Seeing them pass it back and forth and take it on and off of a table several times during the video call, I believe them as nothing was falling off or looked unstable. As known, it comes with a small clear Quintessa figure. The team suggested you could put it on Infernocus' shoulder, but I don't think it actually attaches to it in any way. They were mum on any other details surrounding the character of Quintessa, encouraging fans to check out the movie to learn more about her.

Deluxe Cogman was next up and yes, though it was a quick note in the press release earlier, the head does detach and is a Titan Master, with other Titan Master heads being compatible with Cogman's "Transtector". John Warden probably used the phrase Transtector because he's a Transformers geek like us, but it was awesome regardless to hear a senior member of the Hasbro team using correct terminology!

Voyager Nitro came next. It was noted that for Nitro, they got the design files from Paramount so they could try to make the figure as accurate to the movie as possible. Nitro's head can come off so that you can put Cogman's onto it (or any other Titan Master), however it's worth noting that while Nitro's head is not a Titan Master itself - it merely has the same port to connect it to the Transtector. Later on in the call, someone asked what real life airplane Nitro is based on. Mr. Warden pointed out that it is not based on any real life plane, and is instead his interpretation of a G.I. Joe-like military plane as he himself is a big G.I. Joe fan. (As an aside, does this make Nitro the new The Crown Jewel of The Hasbro Universe? Yes.)

They finished off with showing The Last Knight Premier Edition product with Leader Dragonstorm. Dragonstorm is a Duocon, and really properly so as the dragon splits to form two individual robots that don't have non-combined alt-modes of their own. When separated, Dragonicus is the robot with the wings, Stormrain being the other that carries the mace. They gave us a glimpse of the instructions and the toy looks quite complicated, though my quick opinion from the few seconds glance made it look pretty bulky and intuitive. The individual robots are roughly Voyager-sized but it was noted they do not completely fit in any particular scale.

Retailer Exclusive ProgramsImage

Some of the retailer exclusive programs had toys shown off next. It was noted here for clarity that Deluxe Class Hot Rod is a Walmart exclusive, while Skullitron and Infernocus are Toys R Us exclusives. For Walmart, the exclusive program is called "Autobots Unite" while Toys R Us has "Mission to Cybertron". It was asked during the later Q&A portion of the call whether or not these would be available in other countries. While the specifics were unknown to the team (or unable to be revealed), it was noted that Hasbro did at least offer both the Autobots Unite and Mission to Cybertron exclusive programs globally. In other words, if an Autobots Unite toy shows up somewhere like Argos or Toys R Us in the UK, it's a safe bet that Argos or Toys R Us or wherever picked up that entire exclusive program's line-up of toys - but do note this is my commentary based on what was said, so don't come at me with your pitchforks if that doesn't end up being the case!

Some of the Mission to Cybertron toys got more attention at this point. The team revealed that each of these releases will include a collector card that forms a piece of a larger puzzle that can be completed if you collect all the toys from this exclusive sub-line. On the back of the cards is a code you can type in to reveal what the "glyph" tampos on each of the toys says, though this is just cipher text for which a decoder exists already.

"Planet Cybertron", the redeco of Cybertron's Primus, was shown next in the box. This will have window box packaging. The color scheme was specifically said to not be based on any other existing toy, with the planet mode being the initial genesis of the idea for the color scheme. While in planet mode, they want the toy to look like Cybertron does in the Generation One cartoon - a blue-ish planet in outer space with hints of a bright core. As the toy transforms, that core becomes more visible, thus the orange that is present on the robot mode's torso. The figure does of course include the Omega Lock (it needs this to transform so if you weren't around in 2006, kids, don't lose that part!) and the sound effects, while present, are identical to those found on the Cybertron version of the mold. The final take away on this toy was that they wanted to both celebrate the Primus toy while also evoking the feeling that Cybertron itself is truly alive. Accidental movie spoiler? I guess we'll see!

Questions and Answers

The team took some pre-submitted questions from various participants to end the call. I did not have any prepared myself (sorry, Seibertronians! It was last minute for me.) but below are a collection of some of the other questions asked. These are not in any particular order/the order in which they were asked.

Q: When are the toys that have been shown off today scheduled to release?
A: "August" but some will "trickle out" earlier as retailers receive stock, as there will be no street date (at least from Hasbro's end) for any of the still-to-come toys for The Last Knight. Mr. Montano joked that if you know anyone that stocks shelves, please have them make sure to not let things get stuck in the stock room away from the sales floor. They know they have fans that want every toy (guilty as charged!) as soon as they can get it (can I claim double jeopardy?)

My own commentary on their answer about product availability follows and nothing more: I have the feeling that they have some general release windows that they are aware of but don't have visibility into the supply chain specifics well enough to answer these kinds of questions more accurately. Hasbro is a huge company and has hundreds of global retail partners to manage, so this makes sense, but I did feel a little bad for them having to answer something generally where I know they wish they could answer it more specifically.

Q: Is there any other product for The Last Knight yet to be revealed?
A: What's been seen today is it for Premier Edition The Last Knight toys. Once these are done in the fall, their collector focused product will pivot back around to Generations, which we haven't seen any reveals for in quite some time. It was also noted that there is another movie coming next year, which we know, but this was said in a way that I took to mean that they might be looking for some time to give these lines room to breathe. Looking around it seems some others on the call may have gotten a different message from this, so speculate away on the Energon Pub by replying to this news post!

Other toys for The Last Knight like the One-Steps, Allspark Tech toys, etc ("Quick to Buy, Quick to Play" kinds of products) were not mentioned, but I think this was due to the assumption that these products aren't really a focus for most fans browsing fan sites like Seibertron.

Q: What's the deal with Valvotron, and will the character be used elsewhere in the wider Transformers mythos?
A: Just having fun as a promotional play, no other plans to use Valvotron elsewhere in the universe right now. They looked at is as a fun opportunity to introduce some new fans to the property in cooperation with their corporate partner for the promotion, Valvoline.

Q: Any movie characters they want to bring into other lines? (The gentleman asking the question used "G1 Movie Barricade" as an example of what they were asking about. IDW did it! Well, they killed him right away but still.)
A: Nothing really specific was provided here. The team mentioned that the "sky's the limit with the character roster."

Q: How many waves for Tiny Turbo Changers? Plans to expand them to other Transformers lines beyond the movies?
A: Two waves for The Last Knight, with no current plans to expand these to other product lines but they are very happy with and have noticed the popularity of these toys with the fans.

Some more details were gone into on these in general. Mr. Warden mentioned that these took over a year to develop, as sometimes the small toys are harder to design than the big ones because they wanted to get the right kind of "Transformers feeling" from these. To assist with this, legendary Transformers designer Kōjin Ōno had a hand in the design of the Tiny Turbo Changers. They mentioned that through the Tiny Turbo Changers, you can really feel the soul of Transformers. I agree.

Q: What's the deal with this new character named Chopter from Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2?
A: Yep. It's Chopter.

Q: How does design process vary now as compared to when the first movie came out?
A: Mr. Warden was brought in right around when Age of Extinction launched and very gracefully mentioned that, then segued in to doing his best to answer this. He mentioned that they've learned several lessons and now do things like using designs directly from Paramount. Additionally, they keep trying to come up with new ways to add articulation as well as other design elements to enhance the collector product. Mr. Montano commented on the purposeful delineation of the Transformers line to cater to the quick to play/buy vs high articulation/high deco markets more distinctly, hoping it helps make the overall brand cater to a wider range of fans.

Q: Deluxe Drift stands out for keeping many robot mode elements but fitting new car body around it. How difficult was that to do and was that planned during AOE?
A: They did not specifically plan to do this back in 2014, but the new Drift does use robot mode parts from that toy. They worked with Takara to re-work the character in a way that would satisfy fans while being true to the Mercedes that Drift turns into as much as possible.

Q: The Premier Edition products have toys in window boxes as opposed to blister packs/bubbles. What led to this change and what do you see in that packaging that wasn't there before with card and bubble blister packs?
A: This goes along with the previously mentioned demarcation between collector products and other toys, and other un-named brand teams at Hasbro had suggested this as a good practice for these types of products.

Q: Of what was revealed today, and maybe for The Last Knight in general, what are the teams' favorites?
A: Out of TLK, Mr. Warden says Cogman. Thinks it's exciting to bring something classic like Headmasters and continued in TR to the summer blockbuster line. Mr. Membreno chose Hot Rod since he always wanted to work on Lamborghinis and he thinks this is as close as he'll ever get. Besides the nostalgia of Hot Rod, is "one of the hottest cars in the film." Mr. Frazier said his favorite from today is Dragonstorm, due to the fact that it has so much detail to bring a unique three-headed dragon to life, plus the Duocon combiner play which gives you lots of options on how to play. Favorite of the entire line is Leader Megaton. He remembers when he first saw the gray model, and how he was taken back by the level of detail and the jet mode particularly.

While not his favorite, Mr. Montano shared a very fun anecdote. His daughter said to him that Transformers are really cool because they have a Lamborghini and boys think those are awesome, so now Transformers are awesome too, so he now really likes Hot Rod (I'll admit, I was almost expecting this to be a surprise reveal of a Hasbro MP Sideswipe back from the grave, but as movie-focused as this chat was that was silly of me.) His favorites though are the Movie Masterpiece figures that have been revealed in MPM-3 Bumblebee and MPM-4 Optimus Prime. Worked very closely with Takara Tomy for a very long time on these toys. Team has been fantastic and to have an opportunity to create the next universe of Masterpiece toys, and to collaborate on MP, was really fun. He spent time in Japan working on it. All kinds of lessons learned in getting them to market, and he strongly hinted that strong sales of these would be a good thing for future possible Masterpiece releases.

The call wrapped up with Mr. Montano mentioning that the brand team will be present at both San Diego Comic Con and Hascon this year. The team was very enthusiastic about Hascon as they seem to have played a hand in planning it "for the past 9 months", and they hope everyone will come to this family event.

The staff of Seibertron.com would like to sincerely thank Hasbro and their partners at Rogers & Cowan for organizing this exciting look at these upcoming Transformers products!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Albatross250 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Speaking of Nitro, he's based on a F-5 or the F-20
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Nitro's head can come off so that you can put Cogman's onto it (or any other Titan Master), however it's worth noting that while Nitro's head is not a Titan Master itself - it merely has the same port to connect it to the Transtector.

Oh my GOD yes
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hydrargyrus » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
Albatross250 wrote:Image

Speaking of Nitro, he's based on a F-5 or the F-20

I knew I had seen it somewhere!

Also, always love to hear what goes in in developing the toys. Great job, Hasbro!
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Albatross250 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Kurona wrote:
Nitro's head can come off so that you can put Cogman's onto it (or any other Titan Master), however it's worth noting that while Nitro's head is not a Titan Master itself - it merely has the same port to connect it to the Transtector.

Oh my GOD yes

Can we have a Thunderwing retool based on Nitro?... i hope :HASBRO: make retool on this unique guy
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Re: Hasbro Transformers Brand Team Exclusive Fan Site Hangout Featuring New The Last Knight Toys

Postby Autobot N » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
ScottyP wrote:Nitro's head can come off so that you can put Cogman's onto it (or any other Titan Master), however it's worth noting that while Nitro's head is not a Titan Master itself - it merely has the same port to connect it to the Transtector.
Jaw Drop.jpg
Jaw Drop.jpg (8.06 KiB) Viewed 9881 times

I NEED NITRO
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Skill: Infinity

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Albatross250 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Oh my GOD yes

Can we have a Thunderwing retool based on Nitro?... i hope :HASBRO: make retool on this unique guy

I'm not really seeing anything about this dude that looks more Thunderwing than any other jet-former myself
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Re: Hasbro Transformers Brand Team Exclusive Fan Site Hangout Featuring New The Last Knight Toys

Postby Overcracker » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
ScottyP wrote:
The Last Knight Toys

Starting out with Deluxe Class Hot Rod, they were really excited that the alt mode is an officially licensed Lamborghini design. This looks like a mostly new mold to me, and was very clean out of the package with sharp color contrast in the plastic.

Looks like a retool of AOE Lockdown to me. Legs and feet are Lockdown's all the way. And chest transformation is a very slightly modified Lockdown chest. Hand and arms are very retooled.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Overcracker wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
The Last Knight Toys

Starting out with Deluxe Class Hot Rod, they were really excited that the alt mode is an officially licensed Lamborghini design. This looks like a mostly new mold to me, and was very clean out of the package with sharp color contrast in the plastic.

Looks like a retool of AOE Lockdown to me. Legs and feet are Lockdown's all the way. And chest transformation is a very slightly modified Lockdown chest. Hand and arms are very retooled.

Sorry for all the quoting but i needed all this in my reply. While its totally lockdown, there is one bit that shows how intense a retool it is: the positioning of the wheels. Both of them have the back wheels on the shoulders with that same alt mode back panel folding over them but the front wheels are in completely different placed. Lockdown has them near his hips while Hot Rod has them on his forearms. So we are looking at some totally different engineerin on some parts of this figure. It reminds me of those bumblebee toys that would have the lower half be the same but have a totally new transformation for the torso and up.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Terrsolpix » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:51 pm

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Since Nitro's head comes off, will it be safe to assume that Cogman will decpaitate him and use his body as a new transector in the climax of the film? Also would it be safe to assume that we have our (I think) first cross-line cross-gimmick figure?
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Deadput » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Kurona wrote:

Oh my GOD yes

Ah nuts now I have to get him too.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Terrsolpix wrote:Since Nitro's head comes off, will it be safe to assume that Cogman will decpaitate him and use his body as a new transector in the climax of the film? Also would it be safe to assume that we have our (I think) first cross-line cross-gimmick figure?

Unless you count the TFP legion Abominus limbs being redecoed to heck across a billion lines, yeah. I think this is the first time it involved at least one completely new mold on each participating line, though.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Hot Rod is Lockdown

I did say "mostly". It looked more different on the webcast than in that render, but it has been a long day so maybe not so much. Didn't take screen grabs of anything because I'm fairly certain we weren't supposed to (but I'm not totally certain on that either ;) I got added at the last minute without the full briefing, sarge!)
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Terrsolpix » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Kurona wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:Since Nitro's head comes off, will it be safe to assume that Cogman will decpaitate him and use his body as a new transector in the climax of the film? Also would it be safe to assume that we have our (I think) first cross-line cross-gimmick figure?

Unless you count the TFP legion Abominus limbs being redecoed to heck across a billion lines, yeah. I think this is the first time it involved at least one completely new mold on each participating line, though.

Probably should have specified it as a cross-line cross-unified gimmick.
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Well....... Flippin' Uncle Charlie Kline...

Cogman and Nitro are now top of the list needs. And Dragonstorm and Megatron are really going to need to duel to decide which one gets TLK toy of the year for me. Those 2 are perfect and amazing.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Overcracker » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 pm

william-james88 wrote:Sorry for all the quoting but i needed all this in my reply. While its totally lockdown, there is one bit that shows how intense a retool it is: the positioning of the wheels. Both of them have the back wheels on the shoulders with that same alt mode back panel folding over them but the front wheels are in completely different placed. Lockdown has them near his hips while Hot Rod has them on his forearms. So we are looking at some totally different engineerin on some parts of this figure. It reminds me of those bumblebee toys that would have the lower half be the same but have a totally new transformation for the torso and up.

Yes, totally agree. Looks like they retooled, and re-engineered the upper torso quite a bit to get both sets of wheels on the arms there as opposed to having one set on the lower legs.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 RE Wondercon Convention Xclsv IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18RE"
TRANSFORMERS #18 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 14RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 RI IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19RI JAN200700 (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS #19 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Rock N Roll Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM896 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SECTOR 7 #1 (of 5) Cover A IDW Comics 2010 (CA) Rood 200212a"
Transformers SECTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT200416 26B (CA) Monfort (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight CLIFFJUMPER RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 (CA) Coller 231208C"
Transformers Spotl ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON