This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Postby bodrock » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:26 am

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
bodrock wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:For anyone interested, toys r us online has some decent sales on figures. One that stands out is the Cybertron figure is on sale for $109.19

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=118951576

Much better price, D!
The attachment IMG_7843.JPG is no longer available

...that pairing actually looks really cool!

Thanks D! I also liked Fangry as the TM as well.
IMG_7869.JPG
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby bodrock » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm

TLK Leader-class Dragonstorm is at TRU in Oregon!
IMG_7902.JPG
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:42 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I need to organize another hunting trip around the area, back to where there are actually some TRU's. I also want a 2nd Infernocus: take the SinnerTwin and Blot molds to use as arms and legs for a single better looking Infernocus while the Divebombs and Rippersnappers stand alone along with a single Skulk since he actually looks good alone
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Pictorial Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Deluxe Class Hot Rod

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:04 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Around this time last week, Walmart.com placed an in-stock listing for their exclusive deluxe class Hot Rod figure from Transformers: The Last Knight. I was one of the lucky people who were able to purchase and ship the figure before it went out of stock over the next few days. I received my figure Monday, and have thoroughly enjoyed the figure, so I figured I would share some thoughts with you guys on why he's a good pick up from the line.

We'll start in robot mode, and truthfully, this may be his weakest point. His robot mode is not that bad, it just doesn't have too much exciting stuff going on. He has some beautiful paint work though, and I feel as though the figure is just right in terms of paint applications. The legs are beautifully done, and the orange and silver pop nicely with that smokey black color. My only real complaint of the overall robot mode look are the legs below the knees, which are the exact same as Age of Extinction Lockdown's legs, and don't match up with his movie model that well.

Looking at the headsculpt down below here, it is a nice headsculpt, and is quite movie accurate. It feels a little on the small side though, as if his head is sort of lost between his large shoulders. It does have some nice paint work though, as the whole figure does, and I am satisfied with it. It's sort of cute even.

While he isn't the most posable of Autobots, he can still throw down a good move or 2, but the arm kibble can hinder his movements some. I also really wish he had come with his time gun, as it was a cool weapon. Even so, I still imagine him shouting "I will stop the time!" in his french accent while pointing in some dudes general direction.

For the first comparison, here he is with the Age of Extinction 2-pack Bumblebee, as I do not yet have the new The Last Knight Bumblebee. Overall, the 2 look pretty good together, though I really look forward to seeing him with the new Bumblebee.

Also for fun, here is Hot Rod with the aforementioned Lockdown, and also with the Dark of the Moon Roadbuster and the Universal Studios Evac figures, all of which share a similar Transformation scheme to Hot Rod. These 4 figures together are an interesting team, and certainly show how some figures can transform similarly while still being drastically different.

His Transformation is alright, nothing overly special. But the arms are a nice new trick, and one that I haven't seen before, so I like that little bit of ingenuity. But it is when we get to the alt mode that this figure really shines. The alt mode is perfect. Simply perfect. The vehicle mode is dead sexy and is so smooth and really doesn't look like it should be a robot. It is up there on my list for best alternate modes of any transformer I own, it is that good. The painted rims and the little bit of orange highlighting really helps the figure pop in this mode, and the translucent smokey windows are really cool, just enough so you know they are windows but not enough to really show anything inside. Amazing.

And here we have him with Bumblebee. The pair do look good together, and they scale pretty perfectly with each other. Again, I cannot wait to get the TLK Bumblebee to go with his brother in arms.

Here he is alone with Lockdown, as they both share a similar vehicle mode, and I have to say they did a much better job with Hot Rod. The coloring, the windows, the slightly larger size, it all looks much better with Hot Rod. They made it work.

And to continue with the early comparisons, here is the comparison of Hot Rod with Lockdown, Evac, and Roadbuster. And the same scheme but very different toys line applies here too, it is an amazing look.

And finally, a picture of Hot Rod with the main Autobot cast. Minus the Cogman I have yet to get and the Sqweeks I only just realized I forgot to include (whoops!). And he makes a great addition to the team:

Overall, this is a pretty good figure. Alt mode is an absolute stunner, Transformation is pretty good with some original tricks, and the robot mode is pretty good too. My one thing about this toy is it doesn't overly follow his on screen appearance, seeing as how his on screen self was closer to Bumblebee with regards to where the alt mode parts went, such as having car door wings, but the figure is still a pretty good representation of the character. There are no regrets picking him up. He is a fun figure, and if you have the chance, you should check him out too.

:RID-BOTS: :RID-BOTS: :RID-BOTS: :RID-BOTS: out of :RID-BOTS: :RID-BOTS: :RID-BOTS: :RID-BOTS: :RID-BOTS:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TulioDude » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:35 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I hope to find him soon,he looks pretty cool.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Skill: 7

Postby zodconvoy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:48 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Picked mine up from Walmart on Monday after having it shipped to the store. It's a pretty good figure. It's a nice little oddity on my Rodimus shelf.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby nycPrime » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:48 am

Hey D-Max, does the back of your HR (his shoulders) tab in tight in car mode? Mine seems to not tab in very securely. Only flaw imo.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:49 am

nycPrime wrote:Hey D-Max, does the back of your HR (his shoulders) tab in tight in car mode? Mine seems to not tab in very securely. Only flaw imo.

They're slightly loosey goosey, but they hold well. They may move out a 1/16 of an inch either direction, but no issues there.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby NeonPrime » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Motto: "Believe in nothing and you'll fall for anything."
Weapon: Battle Blades
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
nycPrime wrote:Hey D-Max, does the back of your HR (his shoulders) tab in tight in car mode? Mine seems to not tab in very securely. Only flaw imo.

They're slightly loosey goosey, but they hold well. They may move out a 1/16 of an inch either direction, but no issues there.

Ditto. Mine are pretty loose but stay in place. The biggest issue I had was getting the arms to tab into the car hood. After playing around with it for awhile I was able to get the hang of it so the vehicle mode is pretty solid ;)
NeonPrime
Minibot
Strength: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Hot Rod Also on Amazon.com

Postby Va'al » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Along with the bizarre listing on Amazon.com of the supposedly Walmart exclusive (as Autobots Unite) Transformers: The Last Knight Hot Rod, it looks like another version of the character is appearing on the online retailer too - Legion class Hot Rod. Check out the listing, which is currently marked as unavailable, and the images below!

Legion Class Autobot Hot Rod figure
Designed with eye-catching detail
Smaller-scale figure that features classic Transformers conversion
Converts between robot and sports car modes
Converts in 5 steps
Includes Transformers: The Last Knight Legion Class Autobot Hot Rod figure and instructions.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:52 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
By any chance, could it be that these listings are just there for secondary sellers to resell the Walmart ones of product from Asia? There are listings out there of products that Amazon never stocked, and only exist at the behest of sellers who use amazon as a platform and these might be the same.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Pictorial Review of Legion Dragonstorm from Transformers The Last Knight

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Along with Megatron, Dragonstorm might be the most sought after legion class figure from the Transformers: The Last Knight line. It is one of the few new molds in this class as well as the only toy of a fully new character. So I wanted to look more closely at this toy which has a lot to offer, with it being one of the few new toys of a character specific to this film line.

As far as legion class toys, this one is very ambitious in what it tries to accomplish. It's a three headed dragon and only one set of limbs is shared between the dragon mode and robot mode since two of the dragon heads make up the robot arms. That means the front dragon legs and one of the three long dragon necks/heads are not used for the robot mode and must be out of the way. I make no exaggeration when i say that this toy ends up being more complex than Transformers Prime's Beast Fire Predaking, another dragon Transformer. This differs from many other legion class toys by also having coming with a weapon (something even legends class Generations toys don't come with these days), and the wings have two hinges each for them to be articulated and positioned in different ways for each mode. Plus, there is a nice amount of red and gold paint which makes the robot mode look more painted than most toys nowadays.

He is not without his flaws though. The main problems with this toy are in dragon mode. The way they made this toy, the dragon always seems to be crouching. It makes him look very unintimidating. Plus, the two dragon necks that become arms cannot go very high and match the height of the central head because of the limited opening for the ball joint, which is placed under the heads.

The robot mode is very well done though. Unlike in the film, the dragon just turns into one robot (as opposed to many knights combining into one dragon), but it is a great looking robot. You can pose the wings in two different ways with them either enveloping his arms like a big cloak or them being smaller and more distant so as to give more focus on the robot. What is really cool about the wings being like a big cloak is that the dragon front legs melt into the wing's design making it look like they are part of it and camouflaging them and giving them a new meaning in robot mode.

The colours look great, the gold and red really pop and accentuate the intricate sculpting. He has no elbows or kneed but what I always find limits posing the most in legion toys is the lack of a neck rotation which this toy doesn't have either, predictably so. Still it is a solid legion class toys and easily one of the most ambitious I have ever handled. I hope you have enjoyed the pictures!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
That Legion Dragonstorm is adorable. I want a billion.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II

Postby primalxconvoy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:08 am

If they had just given it robot neck articulation, this could easily fit into my CHUG collection as either an Autobot or Maximal.

Oh,well...
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby bodrock » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:16 am

Yep, Legion Dragonstorm is pretty much perfect.
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:25 am

Picked up the TRU Cybertron toy. TRU price matched their store, so I got it for $109.19. Pretty awesome toy really. It's my first experience with a planet-former, and the colors and paintwork are great. I don't regret picking him up.

i need that legion Dragonstorm. And the leader. So few figures left to find, yet so far away
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:02 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Picked up the TRU Cybertron toy. TRU price matched their store, so I got it for $109.19. Pretty awesome toy really. It's my first experience with a planet-former, and the colors and paintwork are great. I don't regret picking him up.

i need that legion Dragonstorm. And the leader. So few figures left to find, yet so far away

I just picked up G2 Primus myself on lunch today, I bought it online with in store pickup. Can't want to get home, get the parenting out of the way and open this bad boy up. I'm not really into the movie line, and only have Nitro so far for the TM compatibility, so Primus is probably going to end up a central part of my titan and TR Leader base city once I finally find Overlord. I'll post pics in the appropriate threads once I have him all opened up and again once he is integrated into the city.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:08 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
courtesy of MRXCustomTF...here's a custom transformable deluxe Dreadbot
(it almost makes you shout...DAAAM YOU HASBRO...&/or Takara...YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!)
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby RAR » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:12 am

No talk of World War II Bumblebee then ?
RAR
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:57 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Finally got a TLK Nitro.

Bot mode is perfect as expected. Transformation is ROTF level of craziness. I like it but as usual, the instruction are useless. Can't see sh!t capt'n! I played by ear and completed the jet mode except I couldn't figure out why the front of the wings were so gapy near the nosecone. Even video reviews were unclear. Finally figured out that I rotated the shoulder the wrong way and now, the jet is perfect. Sure, it's robo-junk under the jet, but it's robo-junk that don't look like a bot doing the "Superman". I see junk, yes, but not a robot.

Now all I need is a reasonably priced Thunderwing Titan Master.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:43 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
-Kanrabat- wrote:Sure, it's robo-junk under the jet, but it's robo-junk that don't look like a bot doing the "Superman". I see junk, yes, but not a robot.

Silverbolt(not BW/BM) suffers the same ;)
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:52 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Stuartmaximus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Sure, it's robo-junk under the jet, but it's robo-junk that don't look like a bot doing the "Superman". I see junk, yes, but not a robot.

Silverbolt(not BW/BM) suffers the same ;)

Universe Silverbolt is ridiculous and I love it for it. Despite getting rid of so much Transformers to get G1s, I kept him.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby RAR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:19 pm

I wonder. Is Hot Rod intentionally supposed to look like a seal ?
RAR
Gestalt

Postby nycPrime » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm

3 Pack Bee is available from Amazon for $60. 3 left as of this writing.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Bum ... B06XWWH73N

I think the current bee is the same as wave 3 TLK bee?
nycPrime
Headmaster
Courage: 7

Postby Emerje » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Just got back from Walmart, still only wave 1 in my area. *yawn* I-)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD Transformers The Movie G1 Retro reissue Walmart exclusive 2023 New"
HOT ROD Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TIGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe 100% complete vtg Hasbro 1996 230609A"
TIGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200412 1A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G1 JUMBO COLLECTORS CASE Hasbro Tara Toy 1984 Great Condition"
NEW!
Transformers G1 JU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210480 10RI (CA) Coller"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + box + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210470 6RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210587 3B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers G1 Insecticons complete Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUMP-KUN First Transformers G1 dump truck complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
DUMP-KUN First Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON