This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Announces Post-Revolution Transformers Comics Plans at SDCC 2016

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Announces Post-Revolution Transformers Comics Plans at SDCC 2016

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:12 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I've never been a fan of Unicron because he is the end all and biggest threat ever. Once he's done nothing tops that

To be fair, I think Shockwave ending space and time tops that.

Not to mention Shockwave actually successfully killed a Universe
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:16 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I've never been a fan of Unicron because he is the end all and biggest threat ever. Once he's done nothing tops that

He achieved what Unicron sets out to do and fails to do in every series
Unicron sucks
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:17 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Unicron sucks

true, no wonder space ships in the 86 movie couldn't get away
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:47 am

Kurona wrote:

True but that's shockwave. He's never done anything like that before...except tha Japanese G1 game -spits on the floor- at least with shockwave it wasn't just the matrix that beat him. That's the thing that always beats Unicron. Except in Armada, wasn't it friendship or something that did him in there? Just kidding I know what beat him in armada.

I don't know. Its unicron and even though it's been 10 years since the trilogy I still have Unicron fatigue
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:28 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Unicron sucks

true, no wonder space ships in the 86 movie couldn't get away

Ha! I see what you did there
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:38 am

I try :-D

Kinda funny watching twitter and everyone figuring out how to work the hashtag.

Plus, I wonder where Griffith is going now. did I just miss it somehow?
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:28 pm

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I try :-D

Kinda funny watching twitter and everyone figuring out how to work the hashtag.

Plus, I wonder where Griffith is going now. did I just miss it somehow?

Oh the best thing is when people spell hashtag out. It's like "what is wrong with you and your brain?"

Yeah I'm sad about Andrew not being on. Andrew is someone who undeservedly earned my appreciation. I only knew of his work on the revenge of the fallen prequel books and that Galvatron story in all hail Megatron and I wasn't very impressed but 4 years later he's one of my favorite artists and all around great guy. I've had many conversations with him on social media over the years.

I imagine he's just too busy. Other than Alex Milne the rest of the creative teams have day jobs and doing comics is just a part time job for most. That's why we don't get Casey Collar or Nick Roche as much as everyone else. Casey is my favorite artist. I hold him in higher regard than anyone else however Casey has a life. He's a merchandising coordinator at Yankee candle. He travels around and builds displays. Poor guy took 4-5 months off his job to do the ironhide miniseries in 2011. Luckily his wife and daughter were very supportive of his passion for drawing

With Andrew it may just fall down to him just having too much on his plate
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Agreed. Can't really blame them either.

But they are all amazing artists. Some really awesome stuff
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Shot Put » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Andrew said on twitter that he wanted to take a break from Transformers and work on something else.
Shot Put
Mini-Con

Postby MrBlack » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:28 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Shot Put wrote:Andrew said on twitter that he wanted to take a break from Transformers and work on something else.

From what's he said, he made a deal with Barber to take a break with the expectation that he could come back later.

Then the editorial shakeup happened.

Oops.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

IDW Transformers Post-Revolution - Barber, Scott and Roberts Interview

Postby Va'al » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sometimes news slips a little through the net, especially during events like San Diego Comic Con - but as we covered on the Seibertron.com stream for the IDW Publishing panel (check it out again here), ComicsAlliance also went a little further with the three Transformers scribes on the future of the current ongoings post-Revolution event: John Barber, Mairghread Scott and James Roberts!

As we said, a lot was known, but there are some extra tidbits in the interview - which you can read in full here - that may have been missed during the panel. Take a look below!

ComicsAlliance: Since it’s the one that’s set on Earth, it seems like the post-Revolution combined universe is probably going to affect your book more than the others. How do you go about integrating the history of the Transformers on Earth into all of those disparate stories?

John Barber: In a macro sense, the GI Joe comic hasn’t really delved into the deep history of Earth and of the universe the way Transformers has, so there’s not a whole lot of back-time that’s irreconcilable. There were big Earth-shattering events that have happened in Transformers, and to a lesser degree, in GI Joe, so maybe there’s some squinting that needs to be done to make it all fit, but… I mean, we don’t name-check real-world tragedies in the comics with a great regularity. That doesn’t mean those tragedies didn’t happen, or wouldn’t have impacted the characters, it just doesn’t necessarily come up in the midst of a story focused on tracking down Tomax or Galvatron or whatever.

[...]

CA: With Ore-13 being such a big part of major Transformers stories like “Dark Cybertron,” is this something that’s been planned for the past few years, or did it just line up that way as something that could be mixed into the larger universe?

JB: That’s a complicated one to answer… Ore-13 is why the Transformers are on Earth. Ore-13 is on Earth because Shockwave put it there. Shockwave put it there (on Earth specifically) because, it seems, Galvatron (inadvertently) crashed the Enigma of Combination on Earth — the Enigma is a super-ancient Cybertronian relic.

So, what that all means is, going forth from “All Hail Optimus,” Ore-13 was playing a role. Revolution sort of focuses that a little tighter, and it made sense to highlight it thematically because it was something Simon and E.J. planted right from the beginning of Transformers comics at IDW, which was the beginning of IDW’s relationship with Hasbro.

So, it’s not like we did “Dark Cybertron” knowing inevitably that three years later we’d have Revolution, but the function of Ore-13 didn’t really change that much.

CA: Considering that More Than Meets The Eye has taken place almost entirely in the far reaches of space, will the restructuring of the post-Revolution universe affect your story, James? Will one of those side-quests take your crew to Earth at some point soon?

James Roberts: Well, MTMTE gets in on the action with a Revolution tie-in featuring the Scavengers, who are kind of the alternative main cast. That’s an Earth-based story. Nick Roche and I are co-writing for the first time since 2010’s Last Stand of the Wreckers, so even if we weren’t getting an opportunity to pit the world’s worst Decepticons against the likes of MASK and GI Joe, it would still feel like an event for us.

Post-Revolution, there are no plans for the main MTMTE cast to travel to Earth… but then that’s unsurprising, considering the situation they find themselves in at the end of MTMTE #55, which marks the end of what we’re calling the Season 2 finale, ‘The Dying of the Light.’

The post-Revolution universe is just that, though — a universe. And there are opportunities, should I wish to take them, to play around in the new, enlarged sandpit even though, as you say, the Lost Light and its crew are far away from Earth.

[...]

Season 3, as it plays out in the pages of Lost Light, is going to take everybody in some very strange directions. The quest for the Knights is going to much more at the forefront than it has been to date. There’s an urgency about it now that perhaps wasn’t there before. Different characters — and I’d being careful not to give anything away, because who knows who we’ll be focusing on in the future — will find themselves weighing up their loyalties and their priorities as we start to turn our attention, in small but significant ways, to the end of the quest.

CA: Chronicling political machinations and culture clash through the medium of robots that turn into cars seems like a tricky proposition, but it’s something that’s been at the center of the Transformers books set on Cybertron for quite a while now. How do you approach it to make it work without seeming silly — or at least, unintentionally silly?

MS: Science fiction has always been a place to talk about human issues that are a bit too touchy to explore with actual human characters. Police brutality, political and religious extremism, government corruption and overreach, bigotry, poverty, crime, these are all things our readers are confronted with every day. To act like Transformers, who are so like us, wouldn’t face the same challenges is disingenuous to the characters. To act like our book is supposed to teach some kind of set morality to our readers is disingenuous to our readers.

Instead we’re trying to build interesting, exciting stories that are real enough to feel like they matter without getting too bogged down in the ‘realness’ of any actual event. Turning into cars and planes is just as big a part of our characters as anything else. And it’s fun! There’s no reason to get rid of it just so we can feel “ripped from the headlines!”

That’s why an artist like Sara Pitre-Durocher is so critical to TAAO. She brings a humanity to our characters that lets our readers decide for themselves what the “right thing” is. But she also draws amazing action that keeps you turning the page. We want you to get an exhilarating story in every issue of Transformers: Till All Are One. If after you put it down, you think back to it when something happens in real life, so much the better.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Wasn't this interview already covered over the weekend? All the quotes are from the SDCC interview from like Saturday or Friday
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Va'al » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Randomhero wrote:Wasn't this interview already covered over the weekend? All the quotes are from the SDCC interview from like Saturday or Friday

I keep looking for a news post, but can't find one. Help?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Broadside27 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Rodimus looks awesome!
Broadside27
Fuzor
Buy from Broadside27 on eBay
Alt Mode: RocketCar + Jet
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 4

Postby Allenspurs » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:34 am

It was obvious the mtmte entry of revolution would feature the scavengers as soon as I saw the grimlock cover art. It's makes perfect sense not to mess with the main cast
Allenspurs
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Watch Allenspurs on YouTube
Buy from Allenspurs on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:37 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MTMTE generally gets off scot-free from big franchise things like this (very minimal involvement in CW aside from dropping off the protectobots; a lot less to-sell-toys syndrome aside from Crosscut making a few appearances here and there; and now this), so that does make sense. I actually kind of like the idea of the Scavengers being used for this sort of stuff; doesn't interfere with whatever the main plot has going on, they're enjoyable in their own right and randomly popping into whatever's going on fits them very well.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm excited for the Lost Light series. Like to know the reason behind the new Rodimus paint job. Also like using the scavengers for revolution. Great choice, maybe bring Grimlock closer to his Dinobots
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC263 (CA) Swan + Kaye"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC209 Green Lantern"
ALL-AMERICAN COMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220640 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 facsimile Marvel Comics 2022 ptg OCT220944 (W)Lee (CA)Buscema"
SAVAGE SHE-HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC265 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC213 (CA) Adams"
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC804 123A"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #347 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg NOV220812 (CA) Purves"
INCREDIBLE HULK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #121 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230703"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC806 123C"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC273 1B (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg foil Marvel Comics SEP230776 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON