This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Press Release from Hasbro's Transformers Press Kit

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Official Press Release from Hasbro's Transformers Press Kit

Postby Seibertron » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
HASBRO ROLLS OUT TRANSFORMERS TOYS THAT ARE ‘MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE’
FOR THIS SUMMER’S MUCH ANTICIPATED BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE

Hasbro teams up with DreamWorks and Paramount for first-ever live-action TRANSFORMERS feature film release on July 4, 2007

Pawtucket, RI (February 2007) - On July 4, 2007, the colossal battle between the AUTOBOTS and the DECEPTICONS will invade our world when these aliens make Earth their final battleground in the live-action TRANSFORMERS movie. Produced by DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, the film is poised to catapult the legendary characters and storyline -- which have captivated kids since they debuted more than 20 years ago -- even higher into the stratosphere of pop culture.

First introduced in 1984 by Hasbro and Takara as a toy line, TRANSFORMERS has become a global phenomenon inspiring comic books, video games, animated series, films and a convention dedicated to TRANSFORMERS collectors. Whether fans grew up with the robots or discovered them more recently, they continue to be fascinated by the alien robots from CYBERTRON that live on earth as "Robots in Disguise" and have the ability to change from robot mode to vehicle mode.

The movie, directed by Michael Bay (Armageddon, The Rock, Bad Boys I and II) and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, follows the epic feud between the AUTOBOTS (led by OPTIMUS PRIME) and the DECEPTICONS (led by MEGATRON) as they bring their battle to Earth. In their efforts to help the humans, the AUTOBOTS meet up with an unsuspecting teen (Shia LaBeouf, who starred in Holes and Even Stevens) who finds himself in the middle of an intergalactic war being fought on our planet. The movie also stars Josh Duhamel (Las Vegas), Tyrese Gibson (Annapolis, 2 Fast 2 Furious), Megan Fox (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen), John Turturro and Jon Voight.

"Hasbro is thrilled to work with DreamWorks, Paramount and Michael Bay in making the most amazing, larger-than-life version of the TRANSFORMERS saga ever created," said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s Chief Executive Officer and Executive Producer of the film. "Michael, Steven and the production crew have captured the personality of the TRANSFORMERS characters through ground-breaking visual effects and they have translated the storyline into a film packed with non-stop action and excitement."

To bring the action and adventure into kids’ homes, Hasbro will be releasing a new lineup of toys and games based on the characters and styling of the movie. From the OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET to the ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE figure, TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages will find something that will help them experience the excitement of the movie.

The TRANSFORMERS 2007 line includes the following:

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE
(Approximate Retail Price: $89.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Fall 2007)
Fans of TRANSFORMERS will love seeing BUMBLEBEE come to life on the big screen and this fall, they can experience the ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE action figure, which is among the most realistic and technical TRANSFORMERS toys ever. The impressively styled Chevrolet Camaro Concept car changes into the beloved AUTOBOTS character, which stands an imposing 14 inches tall. BUMBLEE will "come to life" with robot animatronics action in both car and robot modes. Working headlights, battle sounds, and music, including Devo’s "Whip It", all add to the interactive experience.

Medium | Large
Medium | Large

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DELUXE and VOYAGER assortments
(Approximate Retail Price: $9.99 - $19.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)
The fun and excitement of 2007’s live-action film is placed in kids’ hands with the all-new TRANSFORMERS MOVIE action figures. Not only do the figures feature the authentic TRANSFORMERS action that enables all figures to change from vehicle mode to robot mode, but they also feature new "Automorph Technology" that will allow some parts to "automatically" move. Each figure also includes other action features like firing projectiles. Movie-styled figures in the Deluxe and Voyager scales include: OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, SCORPONOCK™, BARRICADE™, AUTOBOT JAZZ and BUMBLEBEE™.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE LEADER assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)
It’s Prime time! OPTIMUS PRIME and other popular TRANSFORMERS characters from the movie are represented in Leader scale figures, which feature lights and sounds in vehicle and robot mode. Additionally, the figures feature new "Automorph Technology", a gearing mechanism that allows some parts to move automatically. The Leader scale includes OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON.

Medium | Large
Medium | Large
Medium | Large

TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET
(Approximate Retail Price: $29.99; Ages: 5 & Up; Available: June 2007)
The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET, authentically detailed to look like the character in the movie, allows kids to imitate OPTIMUS PRIME and sound like a TRANSFORMERS robot for the first time! The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET features 3 modes:
VOICE CHANGER: Make your voice sound like a robot!
BATTLE PHRASES: OPTIMUS PRIME speaks iconic phrases
CONVERSION SOUNDS: Hear OPTIMUS PRIME change from a truck to a robot and back!

Medium | Large
Medium | Large

TRANSFORMERS ARM BLASTER assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $29.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)
Quickly changing from either STARSCREAM’S jet or OPTIMUS PRIME’S truck, these powerful TRANSFORMERS ARM BLASTERS offer kids the unique opportunity to role-play the galactic battle which AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS have waged for centuries! One pull changes the toy from vehicle mode to blaster mode, unleashing the power of a Nerf dart blaster. OPTIMUS PRIME comes with 3 Nerf darts and STARSCREAM comes with 4 Nerf darts.

Medium | Large
Medium | Large

TRANSFORMERS CYBER STOMPIN’ ROBOT assortments
(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: June 2007)
The CYBER STOMPIN’ ROBOT features 12-inch robot-only versions of BUMBLEBEE and OPTIMUS PRIME, the heroes of the TRANSFORMERS movie. Designed to enable easy play for younger fans, each of the figures feature robot stomping sounds, battle sounds and phrases and light-up eyes!

MR. POTATO HEAD OPTIMASH PRIME
(Approximate retail price: $9.99; Ages: 2 & up; Available: June 2007
MR. POTATO HEAD, the iconic face-changing potato friend for kids, takes on the role of a lifetime as the spud-ly leader of the AUTOBOTS, OPTIMASH PRIME. Kids will be able to have all kinds of mix 'n match fun with this wacky spud dressed as OPTIMUS PRIME. OPTIMASH PRIME comes with fun parts, including shoes, ears, eyes and helmet.

RISK: THE TRANSFORMERS EDITION
(Approximate retail price $ 24.99; Ages: 8 & up; Players: 2 to 4; Available: June 2007)
The game of Global Domination takes a twist with this version set on CYBERTRON and based on the TRANSFORMERS movie. Fight to gain control of the world on the side of the AUTOBOTS or the DECEPTICON! Choose your side, then play by either classic RISK rules or the TRANSFORMERS variations!

TRANSFORMERS CHESS SET
(Approximate retail price $ 29.99; Ages: 7 & up; Players: 2; Available: June 2007)
This classic game provides an opportunity to pit the AUTOBOTS against the DECEPTICON in a two-player strategy game. The figures are authentically detailed to look like the movie characters.

TRANSFORMERS FUN FIT PUZZLE
(Approximate retail price: $15.99 Ages: 7 & up; Available: June 2007) Two puzzles in one. Assemble OPTIMUS PRIME in robot mode and then with the same puzzle pieces, assemble the AUTOBOT leader in truck mode.

TRANSFORMERS 70PC STICKER PUZZLE
(Approximate Retail Price: $3.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)

TRANSFORMERS 100 PC PUZZLES
(Approximate Retail price: $2.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: June 2007)

Medium | Large
Medium | Large
Medium | Large

For more information on Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS toy line and the live-action feature film, please visit http://www.transformers.com and http://www.transformersmovie.com.

# # #
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobobby1 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:43 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Sweet! Transformers chess! There's a lot coming out for this movie.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby AgentX » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:47 pm

I know which puzzle *I'M* buying. ;)
AgentX
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby AgentX » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:47 pm

Also, I want to pick up that Risk as well.
AgentX
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Zeedust » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:52 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
No Basics/Scouts, no Ultras... Sad.

No mention of Real Gear or Fast Action Battlers... odd.

I'm gonna be getting the transforming puzzle, probably. The board games, I doubt, unless they bend over backwards to have transforming pieces. ^_^
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby PrivatePoop » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:59 pm

AgentX wrote:I know which puzzle *I'M* buying. ;)

LOL.

Am I the only person who noticed Working headlights, battle sounds, and music, including Devo’s "Whip It", all add to the interactive experience in the Ultimate Bumblebee description?
PrivatePoop
Mini-Con

Postby Seibertron » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 pm

PrivatePoop wrote:
AgentX wrote:I know which puzzle *I'M* buying. ;)

LOL.

Am I the only person who noticed Working headlights, battle sounds, and music, including Devo’s "Whip It", all add to the interactive experience in the Ultimate Bumblebee description?

GetterDragun got video of it ... we'll post it by tomorrow.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Nemesis_Apoc » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:02 pm

fo shizzle

I Døden finnes all makt
Nemesis_Apoc
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Autobobby1 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Of course. GetterDragun comes through again. ;)
Autobobby1
Godmaster

Re: Official Press Release from Hasbro's Transformers Press Kit

Postby ShockwaveUK » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:08 pm

Seibertron wrote:TRANSFORMERS CHESS SET
(Approximate retail price $ 29.99; Ages: 7 & up; Players: 2; Available: June 2007)
This classic game provides an opportunity to pit the AUTOBOTS against the DECEPTICON in a two-player strategy game. The figures are authentically detailed to look like the movie characters.

Is it any wonder we Brits get pissed?
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... oduct.html
:?
ShockwaveUK

Postby Tom_Servo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:18 pm

The DEVO thing is funny but, I'd have to REALLY like this movie in order to shell out nearly a hundred bucks when I'm still on the fence about buying MP Megatron (and I KNOW that I love him).
Besides, it would be too weird to have Bumblebee standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Unicron.
I have to admit, I'm amazed that they got that BB design to transform!
Tom_Servo
Headmaster Jr

Postby Bluebullet » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Don't give "Bumblebee" a mirror. He may kill himself. Or whip it...one of the two. Both perhaps?

*places nutcracker on table*
Bluebullet

Postby Zeedust » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:51 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Bluebullet wrote:Don't give "Bumblebee" a mirror. He may kill himself. Or whip it...one of the two. Both perhaps?

You know, Ultimate Bumblebee keeps feeling more and more "Small Soldiers" to me...

That feeling just went up by leaps and bounds thans to Blue Bullet here. Thanks a LOT.

I won't be sleeping tonight. Can't sleep. Toys will eat me.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Autobobby1 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:59 pm

Deep Zero wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:Don't give "Bumblebee" a mirror. He may kill himself. Or whip it...one of the two. Both perhaps?

You know, Ultimate Bumblebee keeps feeling more and more "Small Soldiers" to me...

That feeling just went up by leaps and bounds thans to Blue Bullet here. Thanks a LOT.

I won't be sleeping tonight. Can't sleep. Toys will eat me.

And you know how Transformers love the taste of Seibertronians named "Deep Zero." :PACMAN: :GHOST:

I do like the movie BB, though.
Autobobby1
Godmaster

Postby Seibertron » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:06 pm

My pictures from today's event are uploading right now (it should take about 20 more minutes). We're going to go get a bottle opener for our beers and I'll be back in a little bit to add them to the site.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Bed Bugs » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:09 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
shockwaveuk wrote:

Don't feel too bad. I believe this chess set will have Movie Characters on it, which will make it different from the previous outrageously expensive one that you linked to.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby ShockwaveUK » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Fender Bender wrote:
shockwaveuk wrote:

Don't feel too bad. I believe this chess set will have Movie Characters on it, which will make it different from the previous outrageously expensive one that you linked to.

So there are 2 being released? That would make some sense. :-?
ShockwaveUK

Postby Rorigon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:15 pm

Oooh.... G1, they say? That sounds about 10-times better than the movie chess mentioned in the release.

I like the LOOK of U. Bumbles, but, that price tag and all the electronic add-ons(which always seem to either get EXTREMELY annoying, or in the way of the mold) just make the thing VERY prohibitive to me. Get the nuts and bolts of the toy down into Ratchet-sized figure, ridding it of the extremely high price and annoying electronics, and it'd be one of the few movie toys I'd lap up(I do think Bumblebee got one of the better designs for the movie).
Rorigon
Mini-Con

Postby Autobobby1 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:26 pm

Rorigon wrote:

Oooh.... G1, they say? That sounds about 10-times better than the movie chess mentioned in the release.

I like the LOOK of U. Bumbles, but, that price tag and all the electronic add-ons(which always seem to either get EXTREMELY annoying, or in the way of the mold) just make the thing VERY prohibitive to me. Get the nuts and bolts of the toy down into Ratchet-sized figure, ridding it of the extremely high price and annoying electronics, and it'd be one of the few movie toys I'd lap up(I do think Bumblebee got one of the better designs for the movie).

That's why I'll wait for it to go on clearance and get the deluxe one immediately. $90 is too much.
Autobobby1
Godmaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:30 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I'm not really impressed, even though I feel like I should be.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Stormrider » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:40 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
The transformation and details on Ultimate Bumble Bee is great. The fingers and gun are a nice touch. Will it be die-cast? I hope so for $89. The only problem I have is the face. It looks like a baby's head has been mounted on a robot's body. It's disturbing.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 pm

One more thing we saw was a Super Soaker based on one of the TF's weapons, where the guns opens into a shield.

Now to convert those videos.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Kreepy boy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:32 pm

I jest cant wait for the movie to come out and the toy got to be some of the coolest ive seen
Kreepy boy
Mini-Con

Postby Kreepy boy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:40 pm

i kinda wish they mad BB a VW bug but he still looks good but i agre about the electronics they always seem to get in the way i bet he wouldof been even sweeter without more room 4 gunns lol
Kreepy boy
Mini-Con

Postby Grimshock » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:29 am

Bumblebee and imposing in the same description. That should sound odd to everyone. Given that the Camaro had to be used, that's why I've always hated Bumblebee as the choice for it. Would have made more sense if it was Sideswipe or Wheeljack, but not Bumblebee.

Then, again, with all the other silly choices they made ...

The only item among it all that I may be interested in is the Risk game. But, it depends on how they did it. Hopefully, it's G1 and not related to this movie crap.
Grimshock
Minibot

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION #51 Cvr B Facsimile Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 51B"
NEW!
LIMITED COLLECTORS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC163 Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #357 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0123DC123 357A"
BATMAN #357 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed GOLD FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0723DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr B DC Comics 2024 ptg 54B (CA) Blank Sketch"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC201 1A (CA) Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #407 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC216 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #407 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #347 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg NOV220812 (CA) Purves"
INCREDIBLE HULK #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr B blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC211 404B"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC270 5C"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230685 (CA) Miller"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON