This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:19 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Bounti76 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Ok, my thoughts on Anode: she's not meant to be likeable.

That's it, really. There's more to her than we know, obviously, this issue makes it clear. There's something else going on behind her ties to the rest of the cast (and the Camiens in particular). And she's probably compensating/covering a lot of that with arrogance and snark (bordering on smartarseness). She's not that dissimilar from Rodimus, really - at all, actually. He's not likeable. At all.

And then you have the direct parallel with the Rodimus-Megatron interaction 'we meaning me'. What was that all about? Where do the parallels stop?

Y'know, this probably explains why I'm the only one that likes her. I absolutely adore Rodimus and other characters like him; I can't help but fall for terrible people with crippling self-defeating problems. I relate to a depressingly large degree.

That would also explain why she's now your avatar. ;)

Nah, that's just avatrolling D-Max. :-P

ScottyP wrote:I think Anode is working because you're all spending entirely too long talking about a character that's distracting you from the massive amount of pieces that got moved around the chessboard during this issue while you were busy worrying about Anode for god-knows-what reason.

Did Rewind get the cycle wrong or was that actually a mistake in scripting and/or lettering? Look at Rodimus' face. Why is Shock's name so high up on Censere's wall when he would've only disappeared mysteriously to someone like Censere (melted into an engine block) a few years prior? What's up with Terminus playing coy when the AVL are getting demolished in a fight only to watch Megatron break free and pull that slight smirk? What'd Drift say about a fleet going missing in the Dark Nebula, didn't Crankcase mention Megatron steering clear of there because of the Dire Wraiths? Speaking of Drift, what triggered his vision that led them to go to Necroworld, or did I forget and need to re-read Empire of Stone? And "Trapped Light", "Threadbare Space", "Morality Lock", look I'm not Mr. Robot, I need sleep but just the concept of trapping light gets you into all kinds of crazy quantum physics. You know, quantum. Like the ship's engines. Oh, and then there's getting to finally find out about Rung next time? Plus maybe some thing about a Lighthouse, ok, I'll give anode that.

Wait a minute. Primal Sacrament? 12 council members? Messed up time? Multiple universes?

Balls.

Swerve was right, and we're over here worried about freaking Anode and our feelings and crying about Milne not drawing even though Lawrence is doing just fine.

Scotty coming in with the saaaave! Lemme munch on those. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:56 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Something I forgot in that last post - there's all this consternation about The Quest not going anywhere, and then Clicker's all "oh hey let's go to Cyberutopia, y'all comin?"

I feel like an appropriate ending to The Quest, for this crew, would absolutely be to finish it on accident. Skids already did once anyway, maybe.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:04 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I like Rodimus but I think some of the things he says and does are immature. He wants to be a good person and have people admire him but he is just too impulsive. I think he will come around in due time. I couldn't stand Whirl at first but he proved me wrong later on.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:31 am

ScottyP wrote:Something I forgot in that last post - there's all this consternation about The Quest not going anywhere, and then Clicker's all "oh hey let's go to Cyberutopia, y'all comin?"

I feel like an appropriate ending to The Quest, for this crew, would absolutely be to finish it on accident. Skids already did once anyway, maybe.

Maybe the Quest were the horrifying horrors we horrored along the way?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:14 am

Va'al wrote:Maybe the Quest were the horrifying horrors we horrored along the way?
Swearth? :HEADHURTS:
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:27 am

ScottyP wrote:
Va'al wrote:Maybe the Quest were the horrifying horrors we horrored along the way?
Swearth? :HEADHURTS:

How dare you. We got hot daddy long Megs out of it.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:32 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
ScottyP wrote:I think Anode is working because you're all spending entirely too long talking about a character that's distracting you from the massive amount of pieces that got moved around the chessboard during this issue while you were busy worrying about Anode for god-knows-what reason.

Did Rewind get the cycle wrong or was that actually a mistake in scripting and/or lettering? Look at Rodimus' face. Why is Shock's name so high up on Censere's wall when he would've only disappeared mysteriously to someone like Censere (melted into an engine block) a few years prior? What's up with Terminus playing coy when the AVL are getting demolished in a fight only to watch Megatron break free and pull that slight smirk? What'd Drift say about a fleet going missing in the Dark Nebula, didn't Crankcase mention Megatron steering clear of there because of the Dire Wraiths? Speaking of Drift, what triggered his vision that led them to go to Necroworld, or did I forget and need to re-read Empire of Stone? And "Trapped Light", "Threadbare Space", "Morality Lock", look I'm not Mr. Robot, I need sleep but just the concept of trapping light gets you into all kinds of crazy quantum physics. You know, quantum. Like the ship's engines. Oh, and then there's getting to finally find out about Rung next time? Plus maybe some thing about a Lighthouse, ok, I'll give anode that.

Wait a minute. Primal Sacrament? 12 council members? Messed up time? Multiple universes?

Balls.

Swerve was right, and we're over here worried about freaking Anode and our feelings and crying about Milne not drawing even though Lawrence is doing just fine.

Damn you.

I'm supposed to give a response to the Doc of Italy, but now I feel the need to go re-read the whole series. Again.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:05 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
If someone new to the IDW comics were to start with issue 1 of Lost Light, would that reader need to go back and read at least MTMTE to understand what's going on?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:18 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:If someone new to the IDW comics were to start with issue 1 of Lost Light, would that reader need to go back and read at least MTMTE to understand what's going on?

Short answer? Yes. There are some arcs specifically that feed directly into this not-new title, but because it's not a new title, just a different name for the same thing, yes.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:If someone new to the IDW comics were to start with issue 1 of Lost Light, would that reader need to go back and read at least MTMTE to understand what's going on?
Bare minimum: Dying of the Light

Probably ok: MTMTE "Season 2" (28-57)

Recommended: Last Stand of the Wreckers and all of MTMTE

You'll probably hate me for destroying your free time, especially during the bad parts, but it's rewarding: Last Stand of the Wreckers, Chaos Theory (Transformers (2010-2011) issues 22 and 23), Pax Cybertronia (Transformers (2010-2011) issue 31), and all of IDW "Phase 2"
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
ScottyP wrote:

You'll probably hate me for destroying your free time, especially during the bad parts, but it's rewarding: Last Stand of the Wreckers, Chaos Theory (Transformers (2010-2011) issues 22 and 23), Pax Cybertronia (Transformers (2010-2011) issue 31), and all of IDW "Phase 2"

I understand everything else, but... why Pax Cybertronia? What's that got to do with anything?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby ScottyP » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

I understand everything else, but... why Pax Cybertronia? What's that got to do with anything?
Everything!

Besides that, it's also a really quick (really, really quick) summary of the entire IDW run up to that point :)

Come to think of it, Spotlight: Wheelie would be good to add to this since that is one of the other major (though likely soon to be solved) unsolved mysteries in the IDW-verse.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:30 pm

ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Everything!

Besides that, it's also a really quick (really, really quick) summary of the entire IDW run up to that point :)

Come to think of it, Spotlight: Wheelie would be good to add to this since that is one of the other major (though likely soon to be solved) unsolved mysteries in the IDW-verse.

It would probably help if Wheelie and Garnak didn't just vanish into thin air halfway through Dark Cybertron...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Volume 1 TPB Listed on Amazon.com

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:50 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Amazon is now listing a Lost Light Vol 1 paperback collection! It will include issues 1-6, each written by James Roberts and illustrated by Jack Lawrence, and is up for preorder for $13.49, expected to be released on October 24th, 2017.

Five years ago, Rodimus and a collection of traumatised, lovelorn and/or sarcastic Autobots set off on a quest to find Cyberutopia. So far, they've made a right hash of it. They've misplaced their map. They've lost their ship, the Lost Light, to a mutinous escapologist. Oh, and they're dead. Collects issues #1–6.

Product Details

Series: Transformers
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (October 24, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631409921
ISBN-13: 978-1631409929

Will you take this opportunity to start reading the series? Let us know in the Energon Pub!

For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Sneak Peak - Lost Light #3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Via iTunes we bring to you one of 3 sneak peaks for the night in the form of Lost Light #3! Lost Light #3 picks up where 2 left off, with Whirl getting bored, Nightbeat and Brainstorm throwing some snark, and Team Cybertron still in trouble. Oh and Brainstorm can scream in delight, did you know?

Check out the preview below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below.

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Kurona » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Yeeeesss more of Nightbeat! If we can just get a bit more focus on Nautica that's my four favourites getting attention~

I think this is the one part the art style's not quite doing it for me in a significant way, though - something about Whirl's head just looks... off. I'm not sure how to describe it it just doesn't feel quite right.

Bets on what the hell just came out that pod? I'd be hoping for Sixshot personally but the shape and green energy easily puts that possibility out of the question. ... it'd be perfect, though. A great way to bring a great character back, an answer to why the hell we haven't seen him in the past near-decade despite his last appearance showing he's still alive... and considering this issue is centered around Whirl? Guys. Guys. Whirl vs. Sixshot.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Ok, hear me out: Whirl lied about killing Killmaster (the one with the wand) and Necrobot saved him, and that is his wand that he is picking up.

also, the art is still really hurting me
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7

Postby Hydrargyrus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
Is that you, Unknown Evil?

seriously, correct me if not.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Optimus Prime13th » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Motto: ""We must never lose sight of the fact that upon this Earth we are titans and such power must be used wisely""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
The shadow rising from the Pod kind of looks like the shape of a head. My Guess would be Star Saber. Granted he only disappeared recently but still. We already got hints that Necrobot did not go in order of saving people on the list of dissapeared so he may have saved Star Saber. In issue #21 he just dissapeared in thin air, mid battle with cyclonus and no one even questioned this. Maybe the pod was locked up because Necrobot realized how insane Saber had become and just didn't have time to get rid of him because the D.J.D killed him. This could also be a thing to lead up to power of the primes. Maybe in the comics Star Saber is already slated in the script as becoming a Prime regardless of who wins the contest, or if not he could become a new member for team Rodimus. He could become Cyclonus or whirls new rival on the team. Personally I would like to just see Star Saber redeem himself after he killed Dai Atlas.
Last edited by Optimus Prime13th on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimus Prime13th
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Peterbilt Semi
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Kurona » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:14 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Ok, hear me out: Whirl lied about killing Killmaster (the one with the wand) and Necrobot saved him, and that is his wand that he is picking up.

Y'know, I think you've hit the nail on the head. The shape does look like a wand... or a unicorn horn. So it's between Killmaster and Battle Unicorn :lol:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nexus Knight » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Ok, hear me out: Whirl lied about killing Killmaster (the one with the wand) and Necrobot saved him, and that is his wand that he is picking up.

Y'know, I think you've hit the nail on the head. The shape does look like a wand... or a unicorn horn. So it's between Killmaster and Battle Unicorn :lol:

Or maybe it's that My Little Pony/Transformers crossover no wants! *tries to be serious saying this aloud*
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:47 pm

MagicDeath wrote:Is that you, Unknown Evil?

seriously, correct me if not.

From the PotP vote thing? No, that's Deathsaurus and his whereabouts are (very generally) known in this comic.

Kurona wrote:

"Yeah, sort of."
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby VanOscuro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 pm

So, who did they find? Not another OP decepticon I hope. We already have enough of those running around.
VanOscuro
Mini-Con

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 am

Optimus Prime13th wrote:The shadow rising from the Pod kind of looks like the shape of a head. My Guess would be Star Saber. Granted he only disappeared recently but still. We already got hints that Necrobot did not go in order of saving people on the list of dissapeared so he may have saved Star Saber. In issue #21 he just dissapeared in thin air, mid battle with cyclonus and no one even questioned this. Maybe the pod was locked up because Necrobot realized how insane Saber had become and just didn't have time to get rid of him because the D.J.D killed him. This could also be a thing to lead up to power of the primes. Maybe in the comics Star Saber is already slated in the script as becoming a Prime regardless of who wins the contest, or if not he could become a new member for team Rodimus. He could become Cyclonus or whirls new rival on the team. Personally I would like to just see Star Saber redeem himself after he killed Dai Atlas.

As much as I'm not sure about the entire comment, Star Saber was indeed my first reaction too. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:28 am

It can't be Star Saber. Primus loves Whirl. [-(

Tbh, Whirl is a dead man walking to me. He's had a death get walked back during scripting once, maybe twice? I'm just going to enjoy BB "Whirl" Rodriguez while I can.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr G FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230210 1G (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics FEB230374 3A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr M 1:15 virgin action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240117 2M"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZB 1:200 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1ZB Parrillo 240109"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZK foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247413 1ZJ (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr O LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230218 1O (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr S 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240206 3S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZA 1:150 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230230 1ZA (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr T 1:30 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240124 2T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics OCT231206 4B Fowler"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 JUL210317 3B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JAN230441 2C (CA) Santos"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZD 1:15 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249146 3ZD (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON