This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Sigma Magnus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
ebo716 wrote:One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest

Yeah, same, but it kinda works with this design. Still, where did that start?
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby deliciouspeter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Megatron has gone through some miner changes.
deliciouspeter
Mini-Con
Buy from deliciouspeter on eBay

Postby ebo716 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Motto: "Changes aren't permanent, but change is."
Weapon: Proton Rifle
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest

It looks like it started on the g1 toy
IMG_0446.PNG
ebo716
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: The boat from the scary tunnel scene in Willy Wonka

Postby Sigma Magnus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:40 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
ebo716 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:

Ah, right, forgot about that. I'm assuming those were meant for the gun mode. If so, I wonder why those guns had that pattern...
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Nexus Knight » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Is it just me or does that cover remind anyone of Star Trek VI? It looks like that scene with Kirk and McCoy on the rising podium into the Klingon Supreme Court.
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
That is a gorgeous cover! The matrix making its mark here, hmm...
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:56 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Anyone else starting to get the theory that the main universe's Matrix will stay with Optimus and that the Functionist Universe's Matrix will choose Megatron?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby WreckerJack » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:02 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:

Ah, right, forgot about that. I'm assuming those were meant for the gun mode. If so, I wonder why those guns had that pattern...

Megatron is a Walther P38. While I can't find any pics of the Walther P38 done with those designs (or really any with designs) I do know that some Walther PPK models do feature some etching.

https://thearmsguide.com/5941/guns-movies-walther-ppk/

From what I know about the Walther P38 it was a gun used by the Germans in WWII. I think the designers wanted to make it look more interesting instead of just a flat metallic. Plus the fact that it does not feature a scope or stock like the cartoon does I think they were just trying to make it look cool and perhaps a touch unrealistic.

I wasn't around in the 80's but I do remember people in the 90's getting upset about toy cap guns. (I had a whole collection but I remember my Dad lecturing me about not pointing them at people and never to bring them to school.) Maybe it's fair to say that the sticker and etching makes Megatron look a little more like a toy in gun mode.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby MrBlack » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:14 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
WreckerJack wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:

Megatron is a Walther P38. While I can't find any pics of the Walther P38 done with those designs (or really any with designs) I do know that some Walther PPK models do feature some etching.

https://thearmsguide.com/5941/guns-movies-walther-ppk/

From what I know about the Walther P38 it was a gun used by the Germans in WWII. I think the designers wanted to make it look more interesting instead of just a flat metallic. Plus the fact that it does not feature a scope or stock like the cartoon does I think they were just trying to make it look cool and perhaps a touch unrealistic.

I wasn't around in the 80's but I do remember people in the 90's getting upset about toy cap guns. (I had a whole collection but I remember my Dad lecturing me about not pointing them at people and never to bring them to school.) Maybe it's fair to say that the sticker and etching makes Megatron look a little more like a toy in gun mode.

The reason for the additional accessories is because the toy was based on the gun from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Kurona wrote:Anyone else starting to get the theory that the main universe's Matrix will stay with Optimus and that the Functionist Universe's Matrix will choose Megatron?

Would've made sense had he won the fan vote thingamabob.

It's possible... but not likely to me.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Variant Cover by E.J. Su

Postby Va'al » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:41 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As mentioned here, E.J. Su returns to IDW's Transformers comics covers, with an interlocking variant featuring both Optimus Prime and Megatron - with the latter adorning the cover of Lost Light #4. We've mirrored it below from Previews World, for your viewing convenience!

RODIMUS, MEGATRON and the exiled crew of the Lost Light realise that there's only one thing they need to do before they can resume their quest. Unfortunately, that thing is "save the world." Can the AUTOBOTS overcome the odds and save the day? To be honest, probably not.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby BumbIebee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Motto: "The least likely can be the most dangerous."
Infiltration references; nice! :lol:
BumbIebee
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Volkswagen Beetle - Camaro - Urbana 500 - Police Modified Chevrolet Beat - etc
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Big Grim » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:23 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
That is a nice updated look there. The fella seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the god knows how many years IDW TF comics have been on the go now.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Kurona » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 am

His art was pretty great for the time and the sort of book the Furman era was and it's nice to see he's only improved.

Only real problem is how the cover looks without the context of the other ongoing. Prime's arm just coming out of nowhere off-screen with the express intent of choking Megsy :lol:

Big Grim wrote:That is a nice updated look there. The fella seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the god knows how many years IDW TF comics have been on the go now.

Over 10 years. It makes me really happy to know that IDW just beats out the movies as the longest ongoing, active fiction the franchise has ever had, even if that does include AHM and the Costa era.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Big Grim » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:59 am

Kurona wrote:Over 10 years. It makes me really happy to know that IDW just beats out the movies as the longest ongoing, active fiction the franchise has ever had, even if that does include AHM and the Costa era.

Over 10 years. Good grief Charlie Brown. I know I'm getting old but that is kinda nuts! (Peanuts?)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the IDW Vs Movie ongoing record. Not all of it has been great but in my opinion, with the three ongoings we have now, we really are in something of a Golden Age of TF comics.
Big Grim
Headmaster

Postby Kurona » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:10 am

Big Grim wrote:
Kurona wrote:Over 10 years. It makes me really happy to know that IDW just beats out the movies as the longest ongoing, active fiction the franchise has ever had, even if that does include AHM and the Costa era.

Over 10 years. Good grief Charlie Brown. I know I'm getting old but that is kinda nuts! (Peanuts?)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the IDW Vs Movie ongoing record. Not all of it has been great but in my opinion, with the three ongoings we have now, we really are in something of a Golden Age of TF comics.

Definitely. I know a lot of people'll disagree; but in my opinion, DOOP-onwards IDW is the apex of Transformers fiction. It's certainly had some bumps - especially the crossovers; dear lord Revolution - but I simply find modern IDW the best Transformers has ever been. And hey, doesn't hurt that Furman gave the continuity a solid foundation for the most part.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Va'al » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:53 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Kurona wrote:
Big Grim wrote:

Definitely. I know a lot of people'll disagree; but in my opinion, DOOP-onwards IDW is the apex of Transformers fiction. It's certainly had some bumps - especially the crossovers; dear lord Revolution - but I simply find modern IDW the best Transformers has ever been. And hey, doesn't hurt that Furman gave the continuity a solid foundation for the most part.

Y'know, I need to get back to that Revisit-ation piece I started years ago.. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 am

Kurona wrote:Definitely. I know a lot of people'll disagree; but in my opinion, DOOP-onwards IDW is the apex of Transformers fiction. It's certainly had some bumps - especially the crossovers; dear lord Revolution - but I simply find modern IDW the best Transformers has ever been. And hey, doesn't hurt that Furman gave the continuity a solid foundation for the most part.

Again, 100% agree. Speedbumps would certainly be Revolution (what a mess.) and Dark Cybertron but on average there's even been good bits in those. MTMTE Revolution was a glorious piece of work! So good! I admit MTMTE (now Lost Light) is my fave outta the three ongoings but I'm surprised to say I think that TAAO has edged out RID/OP for second place. It's been great since the Bruticus arc and only been getting better!
Big Grim
Headmaster

Postby WreckerJack » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I didn't care much for Dark Cybertron either. I only read the part that was included in MTMTE and it put me to sleep. There were some good moments though.

Speaking of movies, it would be amazing if we could have a TF movie based on the comics much like the marvel movies. Dunno how possible that would be without them getting messed up though.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:37 pm

In case anyone wanted to see what the co-captains looked like with their heads on wrong
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 3-Page Preview

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:16 pm

iBooks is at it again, this time giving us a 3 page sneak peek at Lost Light #4! The issue picks up with Rodimus and company taking a peek at a newly returned Luna-2 that appears to be doing some weird stuff while Megatron plans a Rung rescue mission. Meanwhile, back at Necroworld, Cyclonus and Whirl try desperately to survive the wrath of Killmaster! Check out the preview below!

RODIMUS, MEGATRON and the exiled crew of the Lost Light realise that there's only one thing they need to do before they can resume their quest. Unfortunately, that thing is "save the world." Can the AUTOBOTS overcome the odds and save the day? To be honest, probably not.

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Quint » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Megatron is suddenly deferring to Rodimus now? Odd choice of character interaction, especially as it's just to explain the plot here.

Or is this too pedantic? I don't know anymore. Finding choices by the author to quibble at, despite him being the very person who reignited my interest in this world, seems to be my primary concern since 'season 2' started.
Quint
Micromaster

Postby SureShot18 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Is it just me or do the panels with Cybertron look rather Unicron-y? I may just be listening to Scotty too much.
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby ebo716 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Motto: "Changes aren't permanent, but change is."
Weapon: Proton Rifle
SureShot18 wrote:Is it just me or do the panels with Cybertron look rather Unicron-y? I may just be listening to Scotty too much.

Luna 2 also kinda sorta almost looks like Cybertron Primus albeit without the ten billion guns mounted on him
ebo716
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: The boat from the scary tunnel scene in Willy Wonka

IDW Lost Light #4 Full Preview

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Comic Vine has updated with the full preview for Transformers: Lost Light! The issue appears to focus in on Whirl and Cyclonus, as well as what the heck is going on with Rung. Check out the full preview below!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr G FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230210 1G (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JAN230439 2A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240191 3D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240189 3B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240109 2E (CA) Tao (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr P 1:20 Line Art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240203 3P Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr T 1:25 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230223 1T (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr W 1:50 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230226 1W (CA) Tao"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr P 1:20 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240120 2P (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr S 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240123 2S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr H Foil virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240195 3H (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr U 1:25 LINE ART Dynamite Comics DEC230224 1U (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230208 1E (CA) Tao (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON