This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Hmmmm someone should probaly have reminded the creative team Skullgrin and Bombburst are dead and didn’t look like that in IDW...unless it’s Dauros and Blood...
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ricemazter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Randomhero wrote:
ricemazter wrote:I find it incredibly silly that Roberts spent so much time misleading the audience that Tarn was Roller, only for him to look exactly like Roller without his mask.

He has a generic face. It’s not Rollers face it’s a face. And of course he mislead everyone. If you got harassed on social media for years by people saying ‘ITS ROLLER I KNOW IT!’ Who’d blame him.

It's not really the face, it's the entire head shape. Large circles on the side, piece of the forehead apparatus swept back over the circles similarly, forehead slopes the same way, the helmet meets the face at the same spots, and the chin has a similar protuberance. It also doesn't help that they virtually have the same body type.

It's very distracting to me.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
This preview has got me, but mainly because I want to see someone stick it to the DJD, and I know they don't, even if I wish Shockwave would and probably could, although Shockwave himself clearly does not like those odds. But he does have to survive to go do Dark Cybertron, so something distracts the DJD and it isn't Flywheels big feet at this time.

With 3 different groups running through this comic, you have to keep going into wait mode to see what happens next. Just barely touched base with the LL mutineers and then we're back to the Rod crew, even less time with them, and now we're with the Scavengers, and... Oh, I've gone cross-eyed.

I'm sure it's a staple of good storytelling, just frustrates. Guess that could be a reason to wait for the trade. Or just not care much.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 pm

It appears the DJD actually didn't exist for very long in-universe. It seems that Damus hasn't been Tarn very long otherwise Shockwave would've recognized it. Also, that Vos has hooks for hands, so that would be Agent 113/Dominus Ambus.

Speaking of Damus' face, I wonder if that's what his face looked like pre-empurata. I'm getting a bit of a Darth Vader vibe from him in this preview.
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Deadput » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:Also, that Vos has hooks for hands, so that would be Agent 113/Dominus Ambus.

Except for the fact that Agent 113 did not look like that.

While it could be a simple Artist mistake I'm just saying that Agent 133 has never looked similar to Vos before.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Sagitta » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 pm

Motto: ""Look to see what's there and see what's not.""
Weapon: Crossbow
ricemazter wrote:I find it incredibly silly that Roberts spent so much time misleading the audience that Tarn was Roller, only for him to look exactly like Roller without his mask.

Ah, but was Roberts misleading the audience or was the audience too busy playing it's own guessing games? Just about anyone can have their own theories regarding whatever evidence they find. While having had theories of my my own was glad to have been proven wrong. Especially given Roller's character.

Why is Roller's name a spoiler again? Issue 55# kinda let the cat out of the proverbial bag. ;)
Sagitta
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Mini Aircraft
Strength: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Nexus Knight » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:15 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Sagitta wrote:Why is Roller's name a spoiler again? Issue 55# kinda let the cat out of the proverbial bag.

'Coz we like to assume some people live under a rock and just recently got access to "the interwebnet". :-P
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby steve2275 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
l l 14 art looks great
Last edited by steve2275 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Deadput » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:35 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Deadput wrote:"Previous post about Agent 113"

Found a full design of previous Vos on another site for those who care Image

So...it's probably an artist mistake if their the same guy.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:36 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I know this is only a preview, and one which is a flashback at that, but I'm officially intrigued. I suspect it will end up being just an explanation of how Scorponok ended up where he is currently in the story and it will go back to being the same old crappy LL, but I still want to know how Shockwave got away from the D.J.D. We know they don't get him, unless the entire story of Dark Cybertron gets totally dismissed as if it never happened. Hopefully at least that gets answered in the same issue, and doesn't get dragged out over the next 5.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:46 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:I know this is only a preview, and one which is a flashback at that, but I'm officially intrigued. I suspect it will end up being just an explanation of how Scorponok ended up where he is currently in the story and it will go back to being the same old crappy LL, but I still want to know how Shockwave got away from the D.J.D. We know they don't get him, unless the entire story of Dark Cybertron gets totally dismissed as if it never happened. Hopefully at least that gets answered in the same issue, and doesn't get dragged out over the next 5.

I agree and want this to involve time travel and second versions of characters so maybe we can get a wicked battle, and for the DJD to be just handed their collective arses, just once... Deciding Shockwave's too much trouble right now, or something...

So now we have another reason for Shockwave to undo Overlord's kill switch... More on the list for the DJD to want to pursue. He might bring that point up later in the book...

Shockwave must be legitimately frightened of them.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:00 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy yet again of comics-aficionado Seibertronian Sunstar and her eagle-eyed social media checking, we have some process images for the latest preview seen from IDW Publishing, for issue #14 of the ongoing comics series Transformers: Lost Light!

The pages mirrored below show artist Sara Pitre Durocher's process from layout and roughs to the final lineart - plus Joana Lafuente's colours and Tom B. Long's letters from the final verson - for the third page of the preview, featuring Damus / Glitch / Tarn and his old mentor Shockwave, and their conversation after the latter's liberation from Garrus-9. Check it out below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby steve2275 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:07 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
cool sara
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:55 am

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
I'm glad they are using her to get LL caught up to where it should be at!
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Speed: 6

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:38 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I say this as nicely as I can: it's time to move on. We're going on two years removed from that. Go back and look at Glitch, look at the context, and try to move on :)
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Diaboragon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:20 am

Hol' up, Shockwave's comment about the 31 bots with him indicates that they're all on the list, including Flywheels. But when the DJD met the scavengers, Flywheels wasn't one of their targets.
Diaboragon
Mini-Con

Postby ricemazter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:12 am

Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
ScottyP wrote:
I say this as nicely as I can: it's time to move on. We're going on two years removed from that. Go back and look at Glitch, look at the context, and try to move on :)

To each their own, I only bring it up because Tarn's maskless appearance reminds me of Roller and I find that observation amusing. You make it sound like I care much more than I actually do.
ricemazter
Fuzor

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Diaboragon wrote:Hol' up, Shockwave's comment about the 31 bots with him indicates that they're all on the list, including Flywheels. But when the DJD met the scavengers, Flywheels wasn't one of their targets.
He wasn't on the list at all, or was he just further down the line? Tarn is pretty adamant about working his way through the list in the proper order.

As for his actual face, for some reason I always see a mix of Megatron and Starscream.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Diaboragon wrote:Hol' up, Shockwave's comment about the 31 bots with him indicates that they're all on the list, including Flywheels. But when the DJD met the scavengers, Flywheels wasn't one of their targets.
He wasn't on the list at all, or was he just further down the line? Tarn is pretty adamant about working his way through the list in the proper order.

As for his actual face, for some reason I always see a mix of Megatron and Starscream.

I can see the starscream resemblance a little bit but it wouldn't of surprised me if they had said that glitch had work done to look like megs, in fact I'm surprised they didn't.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Re: Review of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Va'al wrote:(Added note: my biggest problem with the book, I'll admit, is one line of dialogue, towards the second part of the issue, about a specific relationship, and how I really do not like how and where, and regarding whom, it was deployed. I'll leave that for the discussion boards, though.)

I have an idea who you are talking about, but I'd like clarification before I discuss it.

Also, just saying, my remarks about how Scorponoks reveal in issue 9 was the high point of the book? Well, I'm glad we are going back to him. I am looking forward to his part in the story
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:(Added note: my biggest problem with the book, I'll admit, is one line of dialogue, towards the second part of the issue, about a specific relationship, and how I really do not like how and where, and regarding whom, it was deployed. I'll leave that for the discussion boards, though.)

I have an idea who you are talking about, but I'd like clarification before I discuss it.

Also, just saying, my remarks about how Scorponoks reveal in issue 9 was the high point of the book? Well, I'm glad we are going back to him. I am looking forward to his part in the story

I thought Chromedome's comments were unfair, and pretty horrible as things go. But rereading from the beginning of MTMTE, I think I held Chromedome in too high of regard, and that situation with Cyclonus bothered me even with that in mind.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby ricemazter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Tigertrack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I thought Chromedome's comments were unfair, and pretty horrible as things go. But rereading from the beginning of MTMTE, I think I held Chromedome in too high of regard, and that situation with Cyclonus bothered me even with that in mind.

Are we talking about what Cyclonus said about Chromedome and Rewind's relationship not being real or what Chromedome said about Cyclonus being jealous?

If it's the former Cyclonus has a really disturbing perspective on what relationships should be, and this issue puts his past interactions with Tailgate in a really creepy light.

This has definitely been the best issue of LL to date. It stumbles in not resolving anything except, maybe, one of the tangles plot threads while introducing at least three more that won't be resolved until later, but the character interactions were more interesting than they have been in a while and took priority over the plot. Hopefully, this is a return to form.
ricemazter
Fuzor

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Tigertrack wrote:I thought Chromedome's comments were unfair, and pretty horrible as things go. But rereading from the beginning of MTMTE, I think I held Chromedome in too high of regard, and that situation with Cyclonus bothered me even with that in mind.

I think Chromedome is insensitive. Like the remarks he made about Rewind's altmode not having wheels, thinking it was okay to just climb inside Roller without asking (wether or not there was any canoodling in the back of his cab is up to the reader I suppose :lol: ) What he said to Cyclonus is a new low. Sure Cyclonus was rude too, but Chromedome should have conducted himself knowing that Cyclonus was absolutely devastated.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Va'al » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:41 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ricemazter wrote:
Tigertrack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Are we talking about what Cyclonus said about Chromedome and Rewind's relationship not being real or what Chromedome said about Cyclonus being jealous?

If it's the former Cyclonus has a really disturbing perspective on what relationships should be, and this issue puts his past interactions with Tailgate in a really creepy light.

Yeah, Cyclonus' comment to Chromedome was definitely.. iffy at best. Especially for a character that has been shown several times as not really shying away from abuse, towards himself or his partner/close ones.

This has definitely been the best issue of LL to date. It stumbles in not resolving anything except, maybe, one of the tangles plot threads while introducing at least three more that won't be resolved until later, but the character interactions were more interesting than they have been in a while and took priority over the plot. Hopefully, this is a return to form.

I'm glad people are taking the same reading I had but in a much more positive stride! I really am! :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ricemazter » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:30 am

Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Va'al wrote:
ricemazter wrote:
Tigertrack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Yeah, Cyclonus' comment to Chromedome was definitely.. iffy at best. Especially for a character that has been shown several times as not really shying away from abuse, towards himself or his partner/close ones.

Though I'm not glad that Tailgate might be dead, I think it's for the best that they're no longer together. The power dynamic between them was always lopsided in an uncomfortable way, and I don't think it's a coincidence that they broke up once the power shifted. Cyclonus really shouldn't be with anyone because of how volatile he is.
ricemazter
Fuzor

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 301A 0923IM335 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Guara"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON