This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 am

It’s someone from Transformers lore that’s for sure. I don’t think it’s a new creation. Being a new character this far in would seem kind of bland.

Things from fiction that I could see as the Grand Architect is maybe something like Devil Z or hell how about the Vok?! No one has touched them since 3H they were energy beings that were architects in their own way.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Counterpunch wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Optimus Prime13th wrote:Anyone else starting to think this "Grand architect" is really just a revived Pharma.

I dont think so. The grand architect is on a higher level than Tyrest and Pharma was below Tyrest so it would be a huge step up for him.

Well, tentacle people pulled him through the gate, so...

Maybe he saw something there and learned something that stepped him up?

Or maybe he's a puppet of that entity?

With Pharma being a doctor and the whole Mederi planet thing being Cybertopia, I think it's a decent theory.
I'm only like 50 pages into Eugenesis but it already has Quints ready to throw some brains into Cybertronian bodies. I'm gonna guess Pharma's body, some Quintesson leader's mind.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:38 am

I’m not putting too much in the tentacles. Those tentacles were drawn the same way as the ones that were attacking Rodimus and Cyclonus in death of Optimus Prime.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:39 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
ScottyP wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Optimus Prime13th wrote:Anyone else starting to think this "Grand architect" is really just a revived Pharma.

I dont think so. The grand architect is on a higher level than Tyrest and Pharma was below Tyrest so it would be a huge step up for him.

Well, tentacle people pulled him through the gate, so...

Maybe he saw something there and learned something that stepped him up?

Or maybe he's a puppet of that entity?

With Pharma being a doctor and the whole Mederi planet thing being Cybertopia, I think it's a decent theory.
I'm only like 50 pages into Eugenesis but it already has Quints ready to throw some brains into Cybertronian bodies. I'm gonna guess Pharma's body, some Quintesson leader's mind.

"The Grand Architect" is a pretty Quintesson sounding name.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:40 am

That being said however Simon Furman always intended the Magnificence to be a Quintesson artifact. Never made it into the stories but with the Magnificance and omega guardians returning and the Quints not being in books lately perhaps James is finally bringing back one of Furman lost ideas.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:22 am

One thing that has been on my mind is the Necro world. The big theory is Cybertron was made from that mold but I think that mold was made from Cybertron. Cybertron is natural and those planets Skids saw in Remain in light were made from that mold.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
I don't know, I'd feel a bit deflated if it turned out to be a quint, never been a big fan of them and I'm glad they've been no shows. This thing they are supposed to be up against though, I wonder if Roberts is going to have it be a monster straight out of lovecraft...unless he really screwed with people and had unicron eat all the cast so prime and the others had to fight their corrupted bodies in the main unicron series
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:54 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I don't know, I'd feel a bit deflated if it turned out to be a quint, never been a big fan of them and I'm glad they've been no shows. This thing they are supposed to be up against though, I wonder if Roberts is going to have it be a monster straight out of lovecraft...unless he really screwed with people and had unicron eat all the cast so prime and the others had to fight their corrupted bodies in the main unicron series

You just solved it. Roberts is brining back the elder gods from infestation 2!
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:05 am

Ya know if Shockwave hadn’t made his return in OP there’d probably be a lot of speculation on him. Especially with the line “on hand or two?”
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:08 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Hah it still could be Shockwave :-P all barber would have to do is push Shockwave into a portal/singularity again on the unicron series!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Randomhero wrote:The grand architect has been around for at least 500 years because he was hiring black smiths around the galaxy.

Au ****, I know who it is then, it's Shockwave. Like that it ties into the Unicron story.

Does anyone here think Lost Light will still be able to be enjoyed as its own title for the next months or do we have to pick up Unicron and Optimus Prime for things to make sense going forward?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4495
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:34 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:The grand architect has been around for at least 500 years because he was hiring black smiths around the galaxy.

Au ****, I know who it is then, it's Shockwave. Like that it ties into the Unicron story.

Does anyone here think Lost Light will still be able to be enjoyed as its own title for the next months or do we have to pick up Unicron and Optimus Prime for things to make sense going forward?

The fact that he's been pretty busy in Op tells me I don't think it's him I'm sure Roberts is keeping his stuff seperate from the rest of Idw.

I feel like it's Quintisons involved but not necessarily the grand architect themselves.

Also I'm pretty sure it was said the Lost Light wasn't going to be involved with Unicron in any way during it's run.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 am

Deadput wrote:Also I'm pretty sure it was said the Lost Light wasn't going to be involved with Unicron in any way during it's run.

That reading order checklist in Unicron 1 says otherwise
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:48 am

william-james88 wrote:

This isn’t part of Unicron. This is James story he created year and years ago. Like I mentioned over the weekend John barber did an interview with Moonbase 2 and John revealed that they both were planning on ending their series coincidently at the same time. John called James and told “I think Im at good spot to conclude my run in about a year” and James said he was planning out Lost alight and figured he had a little over a year left too and would wrap up the series and take time away.

Also Shockwave wasnt running around 500 years ago. He was in deep stasis on earth under a volcano and I wouldn’t put money it’s the other Shockwave since he’s been busy staying away from cybertronian for the most part as onyx prime.

Like I said this is James story he wrote from the beginning. He admitted that while changes here and there have happened this is the conclusion he created 7 years ago and unicron was not something they were planning till last year.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am

william-james88 wrote:
Deadput wrote:Also I'm pretty sure it was said the Lost Light wasn't going to be involved with Unicron in any way during it's run.

That check list is just a check list to the end of the runs and promote them going bi weekly
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

That check list is just a check list to the end of the runs and promote them going bi weekly

Ok thaks, it really confused me (as you can see)

william-james88
News Staff

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:21 pm

Hmmm, with the apparent ripping of the fabric of time and space, I'm thinking somehow Autobot Megatron may show up.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Deadput wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

The fact that he's been pretty busy in Op tells me I don't think it's him I'm sure Roberts is keeping his stuff seperate from the rest of Idw.

I feel like it's Quintisons involved but not necessarily the grand architect themselves.

Also I'm pretty sure it was said the Lost Light wasn't going to be involved with Unicron in any way during it's run.

James has not been part of any of the interviews that are dealing with the big finale with unicron. The only thing he’s got is I think creative input. He and Scott do get thanks for creative insight in the credits.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby AlphaBass » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:32 pm

Why couldn't it be Shockwave? Isn't LL running 3 weeks behind OP, given what happened on DoTL?
AlphaBass
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:14 pm

AlphaBass wrote:Why couldn't it be Shockwave? Isn't LL running 3 weeks behind OP, given what happened on DoTL?

Optimus Prime is now like a year and half after #50 of TF. Lost Light is like what? Maybe a month or two? Just shut your brain off with trying to figure out if these two comics intersect.

That’s always been a problem since day one. Rid spanned maybe three months until dark Cybertron while MTMTE had the balls to say from issue one to dark Cybertron spanned 18 months.

RID #7-23 is like 2 days. Ironhide and the dinobots leave at dawn and literally return the next night with surperion to battle the Decepticons. That series was so condensed while MTMTE would jump months between issues.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby AlphaBass » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's Shockwave, given the two lines barely cross.

Elder Gods give me MK flashbacks. And let's not even consider Springer.
AlphaBass
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
GUYS GUYS I FIGURED IT OUT: all the answers are in Heart of Darkness.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Ms. Trebuchette » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Va'al wrote:GUYS GUYS I FIGURED IT OUT: all the answers are in Heart of Darkness.

Not....sure...if....you're....serious...or....not....

Also, I've started wondering if it's Thunderwing (Thunderwing was a pretender as a toy, and we never see Thunderwing "conscious" again after he covered himself with his pretender shell in Stormbringer.)

Other, other answer is 5 time-displaced Shockwaves in a costume together cosplaying as a Quintesson!
Ms. Trebuchette
Micromaster

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Grindcore. He survived sideswipes beating in revelations. Him and scourge are back baby!
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Ms. Trebuchette wrote:
Va'al wrote:GUYS GUYS I FIGURED IT OUT: all the answers are in Heart of Darkness.

Not....sure...if....you're....serious...or....not....

Also, I've started wondering if it's Thunderwing (Thunderwing was a pretender as a toy, and we never see Thunderwing "conscious" again after he covered himself with his pretender shell in Stormbringer.)

Other, other answer is 5 time-displaced Shockwaves in a costume together cosplaying as a Quintesson!

Given that I have read this issue last Friday, I can assure you I am totally mcgoatilly serious. :saint:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210480 30B (CA) Tramontano (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RE IDW Comics 2007 1RE Brian's Toys 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210470 6RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915Y"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220492 14RI (CA) Fortuna"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #3 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 5RI (CA) Maher 230301B"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON