This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby snavej » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
My guess: Grand Architect = Scrapper? It's a comic. No one has to stay dead. Scrapper was one of the best architects in the Decepticon army.

Edit: Just read LL #21. I guessed wrong. #-o
Last edited by snavej on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Diaboragon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm super confused on the state of Tailgate. I thought he exploded in his cell previously and only showed up as a simulation in Mediri because everyone heard he was dead. But then he escapes with everyone out of the fake afterspark and onto the Lost Light?
Diaboragon
Mini-Con

Postby ArmadaPrime » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Diaboragon wrote:I'm super confused on the state of Tailgate. I thought he exploded in his cell previously and only showed up as a simulation in Mediri because everyone heard he was dead. But then he escapes with everyone out of the fake afterspark and onto the Lost Light?

My guess is that he was teleported out of the coffin/cell and sent to Mederi, which cured him- but he was stuck there unable to "ascend" because Cyclonus wasn't around. Who teleported him, or how, I'm not sure- but the Magnificence listed him as one of the most important bots who should meet the architect, so maybe there's more to be revealed...

Randomhero wrote:What if it’s the functionalist council? [...]
What and who would consider megatron a beast and the greatest threat to their point of view of the universe?
Functionalism

Ooooohhh, that's very very good. I can definitely get behind this theory.
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby Ms. Trebuchette » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Soooo.

I think I just figured out what the Crusadercons have to do to stop the Grand Architect.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 6.25.14 PM.png
Ms. Trebuchette
Micromaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
A well done issue! I believe no doubt that Pharma is a rebuilt shell for the true architect. Can't wait to see who he is.

And yes, they brought back Megatron. That was a good move.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby ArmadaPrime » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Ms. Trebuchette wrote:Soooo.

I think I just figured out what the Crusadercons have to do to stop the Grand Architect.

y'know I REALLY THINK YOU MIGHT tho
12 fragments of the primal key: the functioning council is mad dog twelve members who combine into the Key to Vector Sigma
Infinity Gate: possibly the rift through the Warren?
Travel sideways in time: Elegant Chaos was time travel, but sideways in time would point to the Dissolution arc, as that was a parallel universe-hop
Agents of Chaos: could easily point to the Tyrest/Scorponok/Flame/etc squad, but could also point towards Unicron, who's been described as Chaos a few times...
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby RobRobRobRobRob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Motto: "Manners make the man."
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
I think we all noticed (as someone stated before) that it looks like Rung can interact in some way with the Magnificence while in his Alternate Mode, and we have been told that (at least according to Shockwave's speculation... and Agonizer) that the Magnificence is a Knight of Cybertron who relinquished their body. So I was thinking... what happened to the body?

My theory: The body is Rung. After the Knight gave up his body and 'became' the Magnificence, perhaps his body was (somehow) given new life, mind-wiped (possibly through mnemosurgy), and was (somehow) returned to Cybertron before the Functionist rose to power. After all, Rung did say that he recognized the Grand Architect's motto from 'a long time ago.' We've seen before that wiped memories can be regained thanks to phrases thanks to Skids (granted, it was a Nudge Gun), so it's not without president for Rung to remember the Motto and nothing else. Perhaps it's a memory from when he was a Knight, or perhaps it's something that the Knight had imprinted on him. In addition, it seems that the Magnificence was able to 'talk' to Rung without anyone else hearing, and even take control of his body to force him to tranform, as if they have some kind of further connection. Robert's doesn't usually bring up legends unless they're important, and his deliberate mentioning of Shockwave's hypothesis is suspicious to say the least. If this isn't right, I see this little bit of dialogue being important later.

This even works with the Functionist Timeline: If my memory serves me correct, the Knights disembarked long before the Functionists rose to power, and there was more than enough time to get Rung back to Cybertron to be captured.

I could be completely wrong, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

On a slightly more sketchy note, I had a thought that perhaps The Grand Architect's 'vision' was actually the same one as Drift's only in reverse. The idea is that the Architect couldn't see everything behind him, meaning that he didn't know who to trust. All he saw was ahead of him, and he saw Drift standing before something... like maybe the Fleet we see at the end of the issue in front of the portal. Maybe that's why the Grand Architect let Rodimus on the ship - he didn't know Drift was part of the crew and therefore doesn't know if they're in league with the Fleet (unless they were in the vision, which puts a whole in this theory). It's a bit of a messy idea, but I could see there being drama between Drift and the Architect in issues to come.
RobRobRobRobRob
Mini-Con
News Credits: 35
Alt Mode: Vosnian Walking Stick

Postby Sagitta » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:45 pm

Motto: ""Look to see what's there and see what's not.""
Weapon: Crossbow
ArmadaPrime wrote:My guess is that he was teleported out of the coffin/cell and sent to Mederi, which cured him- but he was stuck there unable to "ascend" because Cyclonus wasn't around. Who teleported him, or how, I'm not sure- but the Magnificence listed him as one of the most important bots who should meet the architect, so maybe there's more to be revealed...

I seem to recall Grimlock had been transported out of his cell by random while he had been on Garrus 9 due to certain "tport pockets". (Will have to look up that issue again when Scorp is in his "reveal mode" with Grimlock. But anyway...) Very possible Tailgate experienced pretty much the same thing.
Last edited by Sagitta on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sagitta
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Mini Aircraft
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sagitta » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:56 pm

About the Magnificence responding when the Grand Architect instructed Rodimus to choose his delegation...anyone remember the Magnificence has a habit of responding when there is an organic link being used? It did so when Scorp, Grimlock, and Misfire all handled the organic baby.

And, strongly of the belief Pharma isn't truly Pharma. First Aid did manage to shoot his head off before his remains were dragged into Tyrests's makeshift portal to "Cybertopia". The only guy that survived a head shot was Rung...and he still had a tiny portion of his brain remaining. Pharma...not so much. Just a thought.

Also agree with Rung having a special connection to the Magnificence. WIll be interesting to see how this all pans out.
Sagitta
Micromaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:26 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Did it ever reveal why the funcionists were so put off by rungs alt in the alternate universe? So put off they were going to kill him?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:58 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Did it ever reveal why the funcionists were so put off by rungs alt in the alternate universe? So put off they were going to kill him?

They didn’t know what Rung was. He turned into nothing and therefore opposed their entire way of life: a transformer without function.

They tried to kill him because they discovered he can create photonic crystals. Photonic crystals apparently are only used to store constructed cold sparks, something they deem an abomination and goes against thier beliefs.

It’s all covered in the first arc in LostLight.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Sagitta wrote:About the Magnificence responding when the Grand Architect instructed Rodimus to choose his delegation...anyone remember the Magnificence has a habit of responding when there is an organic link being used? It did so when Scorp, Grimlock, and Misfire all handled the organic baby.

And, strongly of the belief Pharma isn't truly Pharma. First Aid did manage to shoot his head off before his remains were dragged into Tyrests's makeshift portal to "Cybertopia". The only guy that survived a head shot was Rung...and he still had a tiny portion of his brain remaining. Pharma...not so much. Just a thought.

Also agree with Rung having a special connection to the Magnificence. WIll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Also remember the big hint about the grand architects just using pharma as a body is pharma died and the grand architect showed up later not long after on Luna one and saved Tyrest
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 am

Randomhero wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Did it ever reveal why the funcionists were so put off by rungs alt in the alternate universe? So put off they were going to kill him?

They didn’t know what Rung was. He turned into nothing and therefore opposed their entire way of life: a transformer without function.

They tried to kill him because they discovered he can create photonic crystals. Photonic crystals apparently are only used to store constructed cold sparks, something they deem an abomination and goes against thier beliefs.

It’s all covered in the first arc in LostLight.

Ah thanks for the recap random ;)^
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sagitta » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 am

Randomhero wrote:
Sagitta wrote:About the Magnificence responding when the Grand Architect instructed Rodimus to choose his delegation...anyone remember the Magnificence has a habit of responding when there is an organic link being used? It did so when Scorp, Grimlock, and Misfire all handled the organic baby.

Also agree with Rung having a special connection to the Magnificence. Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Also remember the big hint about the grand architects just using pharma as a body is pharma died and the grand architect showed up later not long after on Luna one and saved Tyrest

Ah, yes. Well, there's that too. :-D

Given Robert's ability of dragging in various characters from across the TF mythos wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the actual villain happened to be a Quintesson of some sort.
Sagitta
Micromaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:36 am

I'd rather devil z then a quint ;-) but I do think that randomhero may have been on too something when he said about the functionalist council...after all, they did also sprout off abut 'till all are one'. They could easily be a single gestalt mind now (which in a biblical/red dwarf reference should reveal a true name of Legion)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sagitta » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:29 am

Interesting thought. Although unsure how the Council would pull off time-travel. Although if they had...more than likely they wouldn't have picked the Suitcase Route.
Sagitta
Micromaster

Postby Cheesinator » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:06 pm

Motto: "Not the face! Not the face!"
Weapon: Energy Blades
Is anyone else intrigued by Megatron's last line in the issue? He seems to genuinely think the others should be expecting him.

I guess it also works in a "I'm here to ruin/save the day because of course I am" context, and maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but it sounds to me like he thinks the LL crew know more than they actually do...which is odd.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't have an armed fleet when we last saw him right?

"The notion that most TF fans are unfit and slow is a common misconception. Watch when a new figure is revealed that isn't based on a G1 design, and you'll see a sizeable detachment of them sprinting to their keyboards to type "easy pass" so quickly it'll make your head spin."
Cheesinator
Minibot
Alt Mode: Orbital laser
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 4

Postby Va'al » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:02 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Cheesinator wrote:Is anyone else intrigued by Megatron's last line in the issue? He seems to genuinely think the others should be expecting him.

I guess it also works in a "I'm here to ruin/save the day because of course I am" context, and maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but it sounds to me like he thinks the LL crew know more than they actually do...which is odd.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't have an armed fleet when we last saw him right?

He did get into the other universe at the start of full-on revolution though!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:33 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Counterpunch wrote:What Rodimus did in that scene was so refreshing, so much in the vein of the classically heroic "Prime" style that was I genuinely happy to see someone just do the right thing, take the moral/heroic high ground. I think the artistic effort in this scene was a fine way to bring Rodimus back around to the noble hero he was when he came before Optimus in Chaos Theory.

I friggin' adored that! When he emerged in his proper colours again, with Getaway in his arms, I had a huge, doofy grin on my face. Hell yeah Rodimus! You did good!

I also loved the nod to the old G1 Mechaniballs. Silly fun.

Then the next issue hit.

Magnus is intimidating. That was wonderful. Scorponok seems a little wasted.

Where did Pharma come from and how is he the Architect?

So glad to see Megatron return! Should be interesting seeing him meet up with Magnus and Rodimus again!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:40 am

Big Grim wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:What Rodimus did in that scene was so refreshing, so much in the vein of the classically heroic "Prime" style that was I genuinely happy to see someone just do the right thing, take the moral/heroic high ground. I think the artistic effort in this scene was a fine way to bring Rodimus back around to the noble hero he was when he came before Optimus in Chaos Theory.

I friggin' adored that! When he emerged in his proper colours again, with Getaway in his arms, I had a huge, doofy grin on my face. Hell yeah Rodimus! You did good!

I also loved the nod to the old G1 Mechaniballs. Silly fun.

Then the next issue hit.

Magnus is intimidating. That was wonderful. Scorponok seems a little wasted.

Where did Pharma come from and how is he the Architect?

So glad to see Megatron return! Should be interesting seeing him meet up with Magnus and Rodimus again!

Theory on the street is that whatever was on the other side of the portal that pharma's body went into, is now wearing him like a suit.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby snavej » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:11 pm

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
LL #21: I noticed that Rung was able to transform when his arm had recently been burnt off by a spark-eater. Furthermore, I didn't see a gap in his alt mode where his arm would have been. He's rather talented!

Pharma: maybe he's actually Overlord in disguise, or at least half of Overlord. (See 'Requiem of the Wreckers'.) He has a similar sadistic streak.
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Endurance: 3
Courage: 9

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:05 am

I’m set on it’s the Functionalists. That arc hasn’t really left much impact to the over all story and every story except that has served a purpose to the MTMTE/LL except that. Well, other than removing megatron but that’s not enough. The functionalists have been this background thing through out the entire series but haven’t had an ounce of pay off.

It’s way too late in the game to introduce a villain that’s not been really established. Four issues are left. Being the functionalists ties it to the last of mysteries that are left hanging. Rung, Cybertron having a function, why does Luna One have engines and the biggest one. They cog symbol. ITS A COG! The functionalists are walking cogs! They’ve been called Cog face!

Look at the big picture.

The matrix had to be returned to Cybertron. Someone brought it back, members of that clan that used the symbol. They came back, helped restore Cybertron with the primes and ruled Cybertron under functionalism until the senate over threw them and took away most of their power.

The functionalist council were the knights of Cybertron
Last edited by Randomhero on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:18 am

I agree, and they would hold a big grudge against megs, enough to make him their robo-Satan (the beast).
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Randomhero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I agree, and they would hold a big grudge against megs, enough to make him their robo-Satan (the beast).

EXACTLY!

look back at one constant that keeps coming up through MMTE/LL. It’s the functionalists. They haven’t had a pay off. All the other villains of this series have been paid off except them.

Everything must have a function and every COG in the machine must have a purpose
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:35 am

And architects know where to put pieces together...I'll now be very dissatisfied if it isn't, this all fits together very well
ZeroWolf
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 OCT210414 5RI (CA) Byrne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM326 7A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RE IDW Comics 2007 1RE Brian's Toys 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #1 1st ptg IDW Comics 2020 MAR200688 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 16A (CA) Guidi"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200727 4B (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MICROMASTERS #1 Cvr B Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 1B (A/CA) Ruffolo"
Transformers MICRO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON