This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Ms. Trebuchette » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:...but wait a moment...does that mean there's a second shockwave running around the functionist universe...along with a second unicron? After all those things are all fixed in place after the divergence point

In theory no?

Shockwave only became Onyx because the war gave him cover/need to expand Regenesis off-world. It's likely Dark Cybertron never happened in the FU and, therefore Shockwave never went back. Given that Alpha Trion is predisposed to telling stories, the 13 still became legendary figures in the FU, but maybe not religious figures.

In short, it's likely that FU Onyx Prime is just regular, old Onyx and not Everyone's Favorite Time-Traveling Furry!
Ms. Trebuchette
Micromaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
But that doesn't work as shock wave was masquerading as onyx before megs birth, which due to time travel will have created a loop in which he always ends up there some how to progress the legend of the thirteen. We've already seen duplicates created through this as there was a duplicate orion pax, so therefore, there must be an onyx wave doing who knows what...unless it's explained away that the functionist unicron got him...
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Ms. Trebuchette » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 pm

But that's my point. Shockwave's master plan had him do everything that Alpha Trion told him that Onyx Prime did/the Primes did up to a certain point. When Shockwave got picky/hasty, he always reported things to Alpha Trion exactly as he had been told them when he was younger.

In other words, I assumed that Onyx the Sheppard would have gone on to be Onyx Prime and done all the things that Shockwave did as Onyx (up until the 13 Primes left Cybertron). It's after Onyx leaves Cybertron that Shockwave changes things (on the other hand, that probably means that Unicron is running around gobbling up colonies in the FU unless Shockwave did something POST-the 13 that lead to Unicron getting big and hungry).
Ms. Trebuchette
Micromaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm

But shockwave created the thirteen in established events leading up to the divergence so when brainstorm pulled the trigger and the timelines splintered a copy onyx wave was created.

As for unicron, it's also possible that he is still asleep in the fu...waiting till he's awoken...
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby JereRB2ND » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:...but wait a moment...does that mean there's a second shockwave running around the functionist universe...along with a second unicron? After all those things are all fixed in place after the divergence point

Actually...it most likely means there's *no* Shockwave running around at this point. I went and re-read LL #3. The Functionalists came to power by putting the Senate to death 5 million years ago while Nominus was Prime. At that time, Shockwave was a senator (I think). So...he'd be dead too. Before empurata. Before shadowplay. So anything that came afterwards that depended on his individual action...didn't happen. Which means *a lot*. But I don't feel like writing a book in a forum post today.
Last edited by JereRB2ND on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JereRB2ND
Mini-Con

Postby Ms. Trebuchette » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:39 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:But shockwave created the thirteen in established events leading up to the divergence so when brainstorm pulled the trigger and the timelines splintered a copy onyx wave was created.

As for unicron, it's also possible that he is still asleep in the fu...waiting till he's awoken...

But I think that is a paradox. Shockwave only travels back in time because of events that occurred specifically because of the war. If there is no war, there is no expanded Regenesis program, there is no Dark Cybertron, and there is no Shockwave going back in time. I think the only way to avoid a paradox in either book is to presume there was always an Onyx that WOULD have been one of the 13 Primes. Shockwave manipulated things while posing as Onyx but let history march on unmanipulated (or at least told Alpha record it as unmanipulated) until Onyx disappears from history.
Ms. Trebuchette
Micromaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:06 pm

From looking back on it, it's doubtful that an original thirteen would have arisen as it was Shockwave which manipulated everything they did to match the stories he was told which he made them do because he was told that they do...Argh I hate time travel stories! Still I don't think that fu Shockwave would need to go back in time as original Shockwave does which keeps the loop intact. The fu never replaced the main universe but existed alongside it.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Considering Roberts' penchant for hooking up characters, I wonder if there might be a possibility that in the very end Rodimus and Megatron end up together...?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light Volume 3 TPB

Postby Va'al » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Out from IDW Publishing this week, though it's not a new issue, we have some Transformers: Lost Light comics reading in trade paperback form with the series' third collected volume! The full preview is offered below, for your viewing convenience, as you can finally catch up on everything happening before the current story arc if you've been waiting for the trade!

Transformers: Lost Light, Vol. 3
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne, Brendan Cahill, Jack Lawrence (a) • Jack Lawrence (c)
Crammed into a dead Decepticon astropod that's 10 sizes too small, the displaced crew of the Lost Light faces their most serious threat yet: each other. No worries though, Rodimus can save the day! Or maybe they’ll all die... Plus, the Scavengers have never had it so good. The war is a receding memory, their patchy service records have been forgotten, and the five of them can roam the galaxy as they please. All's well that ends well? Not quite. Collects issues #13–18.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 144 pages • ISBN: 978-1-68405-331-5

Bullet points:
Winner of the Comixology Award for Best Ongoing Comic Series of 2017 as well as Best Writer for James Roberts!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ArmadaPrime » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Hm, seeing the bit about the Necrobot's cape and the Benzene cluster makes me wonder if Red, Max, and Cerebros might use it to join the rest of the gang for the final confrontation. It'd definitely be neat to see them again, I've always enjoyed the Luna 1 crew quite a bit
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ArmadaPrime wrote:Hm, seeing the bit about the Necrobot's cape and the Benzene cluster makes me wonder if Red, Max, and Cerebros might use it to join the rest of the gang for the final confrontation. It'd definitely be neat to see them again, I've always enjoyed the Luna 1 crew quite a bit

If the Necrobot really was Mortilus, it begs 2 questions: 1) will he somehow show up again in the finale of LL, and 2) If Red took the cape (and I assume he did) what if he sees Functionist Cybertron in the cloak and Luna 1 comes to the rescue? Luna 1 is a bit of a larger plot point to finish up, seeing as how it could also be a new TF homeland.

EDIT: also, if 6 of 12 has the matrix for a head, what if this is a way to reintroduce the matrix to this universe? most likely a far away claim, but ya know, if they really are as far behind OP and Unicron as they have said, and the Warren and universe jumping did not actually tamper with their perception of time, they could be a final brief stage of Unicron.

I do not want a single person to say it's not possible cause of Robert's story and he was not involved with Unicron, just let the idea sit.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:49 pm

But isn't that a fake matrix though that six of 12 is parading around? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just i thought it was a fake he made to try and prove that the functionist council were fulfilling the will of Primus. Though speaking of Primus, I think the LL crew should capture that intact and use that against unicron ;) might even the odds slightly.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
ZeroWolf wrote:But isn't that a fake matrix though that six of 12 is parading around? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just i thought it was a fake he made to try and prove that the functionist council were fulfilling the will of Primus. Though speaking of Primus, I think the LL crew should capture that intact and use that against unicron ;) might even the odds slightly.

I believed they had found the original, even though Rodimus did say in issue 3 or 4 that that was not the matrix and he should know cause he carried it. But maybe the matrix is still somewhere on this Cybertron
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:36 am

It's certainly possible, but will it get chance to play a part in the unicron saga or will Roberts need it to stop the functionist council
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:53 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:It's certainly possible, but will it get chance to play a part in the unicron saga or will Roberts need it to stop the functionist council

I'm not really sure. But even though we got Unicron's origins, and it is a different take, I'm still not convinced the matrix will not show up in some form again. Between it's apparent link to Shockwave's ores and the Functionist version, I think it may turn up again
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:It's certainly possible, but will it get chance to play a part in the unicron saga or will Roberts need it to stop the functionist council

I'm not really sure. But even though we got Unicron's origins, and it is a different take, I'm still not convinced the matrix will not show up in some form again. Between it's apparent link to Shockwave's ores and the Functionist version, I think it may turn up again
In IDW the Matrix isn't made of Primus's lifeforce, like it was in G1, right?

It would be kind of ironic if the Matrix was used to destroy the Functionist Universe's "Primus." But, I doubt that will happen, as it was pointed out that millions of Cybertronians are still on the planet, even though it has been transformed.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:44 am

Wasn't it only in the marvel comics that the matrix was made out of primus life force? What was it actually in the cartoon?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Big Grim » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:43 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
ZeroWolf wrote:What was it actually in the cartoon?

The combined wisdom of the previous Primes.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Full Spoiler Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #23

Postby Va'al » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to regular source for our Transformers comics news from IDW Publishing, Adventures in Poor Taste, we have the first full preview of next week's issue #23 of ongoing series Transformers: Lost Light - which obviously means plenty of spoilers for trade readers, as all of issue 22's reveals are shown again in these opening pages.

So you have been warned!

Transformers: Lost Light #23
The final battle is here! Bots will live, bots will die, and the craziness can only increase! We’re halfway through a finale six years in the making! And if you’ve ever loved a bot, you won’t want to miss this.

Bullet points:

– Lost Light’s grand finale kicks into high gear!
– Bringing the story to a close at long last–and everyone’s involved!
– Don’t miss the B cover by beloved Transformers artist Geoff Senior!
– Variant cover by Geoff Senior!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Bleak5170 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:26 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Ugh, I'm so worried I'm going to have to see Ratchet die for a fourth time before Lost Light is finished.
Bleak5170
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Diaboragon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:33 am

Christ, how many times have we gone through these revelations about how gosh-darn special Rung is. Being handed all these plot powers, he's like the Kirito of transformers now.
Diaboragon
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:41 am

Wouldn't this explain all the other times though? And since thus us the end, there won't be any others.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Randomhero » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:42 am

I hate it everytime I see the lost light ship and those world sweepers. The lost light is like 5 miles long and 3 miles high which I always thought was stupid big and now seeing it look like a shuttle to these symbol ships it just looks tidicukous
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:43 am

Diaboragon wrote:Christ, how many times have we gone through these revelations about how gosh-darn special Rung is. Being handed all these plot powers, he's like the Kirito of transformers now.

Except there really hasn’t been. If anything they lay it on thick that rung has never been special
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Ishin Ookami » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:51 pm

So, wait a second. If Rung can self heal, does that mean that Alt universe Rung could have self healed at some point and still on Cybertron?
Ishin Ookami
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures WZK73955 WizKids NECA 2020"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE + CHEETOR + OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Buzzworthy Cyberverse 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE + CHEETO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 73 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "B-127 Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 70 pcs Trumpeter 2023 New"
B-127 Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee GO FOR THE GOLD One-shot IDW Comics 2018 OCT180684"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTLE FOR ENERGON Transformers Kre-o set Optimus Prime + Megatron 2012 New"
BATTLE FOR ENERGON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Attackers POWER PUNCH BUMBLEBEE Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie"
Power Attackers PO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rise of the Beasts Autobots Unite Spark Chargers ROTB New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON