This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:37 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder how that would have worked if it was the intention. Though there's the possibility that the functionist council may have been introduced more as a threat a lot earlier if megs hadn't been there.

And that’s the thing! Functionalism has been around since chaos theory and was always this thing in the background of James writing. Just this past thing that’s always been brought up to establish this thing.

My other issue is the fact no one knows how to destroy fake Primus until they work out some insane plan.

Here’s the thing. Decepticons have threatened to blow up Cybertron in the past. Megatron threatened to do it twice back in stormbringer. We know they have the fire power to destroy planets. We’ve seen in even recently in unicron. They even remark how insanely powerful and ruthless the war was. The architect has an entire fleet of decepticon ships and former Decepticons. In reality his fleet would have been able to wipe out the funtionalist Primus the moment it entered.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
These are good points though wouldn't that extend to them dealing with unicron as well though?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:35 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:These are good points though wouldn't that extend to them dealing with unicron as well though?

Well...he’s made of magic lmao
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
You know with Unicron appearing in the Optimus stor and fake Primus appearing in LL, I do find it too bad that the final showdown isnt these two giant planet formers against eachother.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:41 pm

william-james88 wrote:You know with Unicron appearing in the Optimus stor and fake Primus appearing in LL, I do find it too bad that the final showdown isnt these two giant planet formers against eachother.

At this point ya never know. I’m leaving the possibility that lost ends as it should and the next issue of unicron could end with functionalist Primus showing up to help.

That’s be how you tie them up. I won’t be shocked if it doesn’t though
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Lore Keeper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:You know with Unicron appearing in the Optimus stor and fake Primus appearing in LL, I do find it too bad that the final showdown isnt these two giant planet formers against eachother.

At this point ya never know. I’m leaving the possibility that lost ends as it should and the next issue of unicron could end with functionalist Primus showing up to help.

I had a suspicion that Rung would somehow take control of the fake Primus and obtain a "true" body. This would somehow end with him battling Unicron in the present time.

On a side note, somebody mentioned that no explanation has been given for Adaptus possessing Pharma. I was thinking the same thing as I read this issue. It seems to be a pretty major plot hole that will hopefully be filled before this universe goes kaput.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I had a suspicion that Rung would somehow take control of the fake Primus and obtain a "true" body. This would somehow end with him battling Unicron in the present time.

On a side note, somebody mentioned that no explanation has been given for Adaptus possessing Pharma. I was thinking the same thing as I read this issue. It seems to be a pretty major plot hole that will hopefully be filled before this universe goes kaput.

I did. It’ll be addressed I’m sure.

Rungs body is his true form. He’s not a god. He’s just the first cybertronian. He’s special that’s for sure but like he said. He doesn’t have all powerful powers.

The only real question I have is: he creates matrices, how did the matrix reformat Cybertron back in chaos?
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

But there is an explanation. It is pharma that went through the portal connecting into Adaptus' brain. So they linked in that way.

At least we now know Adaptus's consciousness is what Skids had seen.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:01 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

But there is an explanation. It is pharma that went through the portal connecting into Adaptus' brain. So they linked in that way.

I think he meant why was he using his body. What happened to Adaptus’s body
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Lore Keeper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Randomhero wrote:I did. It’ll be addressed I’m sure.

Rungs body is his true form. He’s not a god. He’s just the first cybertronian. He’s special that’s for sure but like he said. He doesn’t have all powerful powers.

The only real question I have is: he creates matrices, how did the matrix reformat Cybertron back in chaos?

I worded that poorly. I meant his more recognizable form as Primus. Though, if I remember correctly, there are two Primuses in this universe, the original creator god and the smaller Primus that resulted when the original split himself into multiple entities. So, in a way, "true form" may be somewhat correct. Was it ever established that OG Primus's body wasn't Cybertron?
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Lore Keeper wrote:

I worded that poorly. I meant his more recognizable form as Primus. Though, if I remember correctly, there are two Primuses in this universe, the original creator god and the smaller Primus that resulted when the original split himself into multiple entities. So, in a way, "true form" may be somewhat correct. Was it ever established that OG Primus's body wasn't Cybertron?

It has now been established that Cybertron was merely a planet. It was never Primus. Primus was the first born on the planet, with the rest of the guiding hand born alongside or right after him. There are no Gods in this universe apparently: The 13 were all orchestrated by Shockwave, religion was a Shockwave invention, Cybertron was always just a planet, Unicron a doomsday invention of an ancient race being attacked by ancient Cybertronians.

Although, if Rung/Primus could make the Matrix, and could make more, how it revitalized Cybertron would be an interesting question. But also, I'm kinda hoping that the 12 matrix plan works, and that Functionist cybertron goes that way, and maybe Rung/Primus can replace Vector Sigma somehow, and thus we have a whole new TF world
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:24 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

It has now been established that Cybertron was merely a planet. It was never Primus. Primus was the first born on the planet, with the rest of the guiding hand born alongside or right after him. There are no Gods in this universe apparently: The 13 were all orchestrated by Shockwave, religion was a Shockwave invention, Cybertron was always just a planet, Unicron a doomsday invention of an ancient race being attacked by ancient Cybertronians.

Although, if Rung/Primus could make the Matrix, and could make more, how it revitalized Cybertron would be an interesting question. But also, I'm kinda hoping that the 12 matrix plan works, and that Functionist cybertron goes that way, and maybe Rung/Primus can replace Vector Sigma somehow, and thus we have a whole new TF world

That’s correct. According to the Legends which we know is false. There was Primus. Primus split himself into 5 deities. Mortilus adaptus solimus epistemous and prime himself. But this isn’t true and like you said Cybertron is just a planet. It’s not the other fictions that have been established over 30 years that made Primus’s body.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Lore Keeper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:

That’s correct. According to the Legends which we know is false. There was Primus. Primus split himself into 5 deities. Mortilus adaptus solimus epistemous and prime himself. But this isn’t true and like you said Cybertron is just a planet. It’s not the other fictions that have been established over 30 years that made Primus’s body.

Thanks for the info guys. Still, I'm going to be completely disappointed if we don't get a planet sized Rung/Primus doing battle with Unicron. I need this in my life!
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:03 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Randomhero wrote:That’s correct. According to the Legends which we know is false. There was Primus. Primus split himself into 5 deities. Mortilus adaptus solimus epistemous and prime himself. But this isn’t true and like you said Cybertron is just a planet. It’s not the other fictions that have been established over 30 years that made Primus’s body.

You really need to knock it down a peg or 2 with the correcting everyone and basically trying to correct their hopes, it's gotten a bit too intrusive into conversations, especially those where people wish something could play out but aren't demanding it.

Also, while we have all the Gods and stuff be fake here, Vector Sigma itself is also an unknown quantity in a way, seeing as how Cyclonus referred to it as "he" after he interfaced with it and it is basically the one thing that hasn't been explained from the mythos, especially since the matrix through it revived Cybertron. So saying Rung and his regeneritive powers couldn't merge with it for some interesting results despite the fact that he can make Matrices and those have shown to interact with VS before is still a bit premature maybe
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:19 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:That’s correct. According to the Legends which we know is false. There was Primus. Primus split himself into 5 deities. Mortilus adaptus solimus epistemous and prime himself. But this isn’t true and like you said Cybertron is just a planet. It’s not the other fictions that have been established over 30 years that made Primus’s body.

You really need to knock it down a peg or 2 with the correcting everyone and basically trying to correct their hopes, it's gotten a bit too intrusive into conversations, especially those where people wish something could play out but aren't demanding it.

Also, while we have all the Gods and stuff be fake here, Vector Sigma itself is also an unknown quantity in a way, seeing as how Cyclonus referred to it as "he" after he interfaced with it and it is basically the one thing that hasn't been explained from the mythos, especially since the matrix through it revived Cybertron. So saying Rung and his regeneritive powers couldn't merge with it for some interesting results despite the fact that he can make Matrices and those have shown to interact with VS before is still a bit premature maybe

Oh excuse me for knowing the comics and their continuity and correcting and pointing out things people have mistaken and forgotten. Totally my bad for the knowing the comics. How dare I...

Also kinda got thanked for it when I brought it and told the person wondering. Sooooo...yeah
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:22 pm

Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Oh excuse me for knowing the comics and their continuity and correcting and pointing out things people have mistaken and forgotten. Totally my bad for the knowing the comics. How dare I

Not knocking the knowledge, but rather the attitude like this. It makes discussing things a bit hard and not overly fun. You can be right, but others can also speculate on things that are yet to be proven right, or might not be completely as they are told without a matter-of-fact bomb
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I felt that was clear too, well clearer than other things that confused me. We see his body being reconstructed before he kills Scorponok. And the reason why its Pharma is because Pharma's consciousness is fused with his due to that portal.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:53 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Oh excuse me for knowing the comics and their continuity and correcting and pointing out things people have mistaken and forgotten. Totally my bad for the knowing the comics. How dare I

Not knocking the knowledge, but rather the attitude like this. It makes discussing things a bit hard and not overly fun. You can be right, but others can also speculate on things that are yet to be proven right, or might not be completely as they are told without a matter-of-fact bomb

Again. William and I were thanked for for clearing and correcting that persons idea who said thank I missed something that’s pre-established.

Jesus man. Stop trying to act offended for someone else’s behalf.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:56 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I felt that was clear too, well clearer than other things that confused me. We see his body being reconstructed before he kills Scorponok. And the reason why its Pharma is because Pharma's consciousness is fused with his due to that portal.

Yeah that whole thing is wonky. Adaptus said they traveled into his mind. Okay? What does that mean? So skids and pharma headless body entered someone’s mind? What? Before he said that I just assumed Skids entered a portal to the Cybertrons under construction and his floating spark saw them not unlik how megatron would do in beast machines. That’s it! That makes more sense than two physical robots entering a mind. Especially with weird tentacles dragging pharma in
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Again. William and I were thanked for for clearing and correcting that persons idea who said thank I missed something that’s pre-established.
Jesus man. Stop trying to act offended for someone else’s behalf.

I was referring to the 2nd part of your initial quote, directed at the Rung/Primus/Cybertron part I mentioned in my response. Not the part where I mentioned how Primus and the 13 have now been shown to be in this universe in response to Lorekeeper
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Yeah that whole thing is wonky. Adaptus said they traveled into his mind. Okay? What does that mean? So skids and pharma headless body entered someone’s mind? What? Before he said that I just assumed Skids entered a portal to the Cybertrons under construction and his floating spark saw them not unlik how megatron would do in beast machines. That’s it! That makes more sense than two physical robots entering a mind. Especially with weird tentacles dragging pharma in

Aw man, I don have issue 22 on hand but I remember a specific line about him trying to get something but he got pharma instead. I dont know if his initial target is something we should have guessed or known by now.

And yeah, I do think they physically travelled into his conscousness. We were seeing his vision of the cybertrons and he was speaking through his mind with the symbols.

And Adaptus does have a body, we see it in shadow. He just asks his minions to build him a new one since the pharma personality/consciousness is taking over.

Oh and is anyone annoyed that the artists keep forgetting to add that screwhole on Tyrest's forehead. It was a pretty iconic scene and since he's back no one has kept that detail.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Lore Keeper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:42 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Aw man, I don have issue 22 on hand but I remember a specific line about him trying to get something but he got pharma instead. I dont know if his initial target is something we should have guessed or known by now.

And yeah, I do think they physically travelled into his conscousness. We were seeing his vision of the cybertrons and he was speaking through his mind with the symbols.

And Adaptus does have a body, we see it in shadow. He just asks his minions to build him a new one since the pharma personality/consciousness is taking over.

Oh and is anyone annoyed that the artists keep forgetting to add that screwhole on Tyrest's forehead. It was a pretty iconic scene and since he's back no one has kept that detail.

I think the lack of a hole in his head ties into the mention that Adaptus had fixed his mind or something to that effect. I just took it as part of that repair process because, again going from faint memory, drilling that hole in his head is mainly what drove Tyrest insane.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby Autobot N » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
william-james88 wrote:I dont know if his initial target is something we should have guessed or known by now.
Wasn't he trying to grab Skids?
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Autobot N wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I dont know if his initial target is something we should have guessed or known by now.

I thought that, but he already had gotten skids, or at least gotten to him. SO I dont know what he means.

Lore Keeper wrote:I think the lack of a hole in his head ties into the mention that Adaptus had fixed his mind or something to that effect. I just took it as part of that repair process because, again going from faint memory, drilling that hole in his head is mainly what drove Tyrest insane.

I am pretty sure he was driven insane way before that. I thought the hole in his head was to finally have his outside mirror his inside.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sagitta » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:20 am

Motto: ""Look to see what's there and see what's not.""
Weapon: Crossbow
Autobot N wrote:

Way back when the LL crew were facing Tyrest for the first time Skids was the first to enter the portal to what was thought to be "Cybertopia". He ran back out when he heard cries for help back on the other side. When the left, tentacles appeared from the portal and dragged the remains of Pharma into the portal.

In the last issue (#22) Adaptus stats back (during the MtMtE issue) at the time his mind had been "attacked" (which would have been Skids paying his little visit). Apparently Skids was the one Adaptus had meant to draw back into the portal since he was the invader. However he had snagged the deceased Pharma instead.

Which is creepy considering Pharma's re-emergence. Tho it did make the mental conflict between him and Adaptus interesting.
Last edited by Sagitta on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sagitta
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Mini Aircraft
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON