This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers 10th Anniversary Movie The Best Series

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers 10th Anniversary Movie The Best Series

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Black Hat wrote:At the risk of being a pedant, I assume you meant "Consummate" their relationship, not "consume". 8-}

I'm French Canadian so I make mistakes from times to times... Or did I? :-?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Overcracker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Having played around with MB-11 for the better part of the week now, I find that he's not as complex as I thought he was going to be.

Getting everything aligned when going back to Truck mode can be a chore, but overall its not a very complex transformation.

Once you figure out where the arms go, and where the head goes, everything else comes together nicely.

With that said, I do have some questions, never having owned this mold or any of its retools along the way, maybe somebody can answer them.

He holds the swords and hooks like guns in the slots in his hands, but they also have a peg on the side. The only place I can find this fits in, is on top of his forearms, which makes posing very awkward as his hands cannot be positioned in any convincing way.

What's that peg for? The instructions only show him holding them in his hands.

His right gas can / gun part seems to pop off the slider on his back panels quite easily when I move it, anybody else having this issue? Its supposed to slide out, not just detach itself.

The left Air filter / shoulder panel seems to be stuck, it doesn't want to hinge upward as much as the right one, which means it gets in the way of the hood / forearm panels. Not sure how to fix this.

Anybody know where I can get translations for his voice clips? Tried to use Google Translate App on my phone, but it doesn't seem to be able to pick it up or transalate coherently when it does.

Beyond that, I'm loving this figure so much.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:24 pm

It's that simple."
One difficulty of Leader Prime that have been removed for his transformation is to deal with the arms. The SPRING LOADED SWORDS. There were standards on the ROTF and HFTD originals. Takara, with the Buster retool emoved them. Those things were always in the way and were always springing forward in transformation.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Overcracker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
-Kanrabat- wrote:One difficulty of Leader Prime that have been removed for his transformation is to deal with the arms. The SPRING LOADED SWORDS. There were standards on the ROTF and HFTD originals. Takara, with the Buster retool emoved them. Those things were always in the way and were always springing forward in transformation.

Yeah, I remember all the complaints about the spring loaded swords on the original mold when it was released.

It's a good thing Takara made the swords an external accessory, its just that peg on the side of them that's intriguing.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Overcracker wrote:It's a good thing Takara made the swords an external accessory, its just that peg on the side of them that's intriguing.

Those are for the omitted Shield/Stealth Mode hood piece that they attach to, from Striker Optimus.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Overcracker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:04 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Overcracker wrote:It's a good thing Takara made the swords an external accessory, its just that peg on the side of them that's intriguing.

Those are for the omitted Shield/Stealth Mode hood piece that they attach to, from Striker Optimus.

Ah, thanks, that makes sense. Now I know. ;)^
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
I just realized, since Soundwave is at the same scale as the MP cars, he will be PERFECT to go with the upcoming MPM Bumblebee

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:41 am

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:I just realized, since Soundwave is at the same scale as the MP cars, he will be PERFECT to go with the upcoming MPM Bumblebee

Dunno about that. The HA line is supposed to scale with each others and ROTF HA Bee was so big that he didn't came with a bonus transforming bike. Unless the original HA bee was made too big, the upcoming MP bee might be a tad too small.

The only way to make sure though is when we actually have it in hands. I'll dig out my old HA Bee from storage and make all the comparison shots then. :-?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby no-one » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I just realized, since Soundwave is at the same scale as the MP cars, he will be PERFECT to go with the upcoming MPM Bumblebee

Dunno about that. The HA line is supposed to scale with each others and ROTF HA Bee was so big that he didn't came with a bonus transforming bike. Unless the original HA bee was made too big, the upcoming MP bee might be a tad too small.

The only way to make sure though is when we actually have it in hands. I'll dig out my old HA Bee from storage and make all the comparison shots then. :-?
I found that Soundwave is a little bigger than MP cars.

no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:20 am

carytheone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I found that Soundwave is a little bigger than MP cars.

yeha but only in car mode. he shrinks down to their size when in robot mode. Cary, how do you position those purely aesthetic panels on his arms that have that little blue circle?

And Kanrabat, the HA toys were meant to scale with eachother, except for Soundwave who is much smaller than the rest. The HA toys are Ultra sized while the MP cars are voyager sized. And HA Soundwave is more in line with the voyager scale. he doesnt scale well with HA Bee (i know since i have HA barricade, who is the same height as bee) so he will scale well with MPM Bee.

There is a reason takara is rereleasing that Soundwave later this year, once people get MPM Bee in hand ;)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby no-one » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:25 am

william-james88 wrote:yeha but only in car mode. he shrinks down to their size when in robot mode. Cary, how do you position those purely aesthetic panels on his arms that have that little blue circle?
Well you did say "MP Cars" ;)

In bot mode is is Voyager height, but he was a shockingly heavy and beefy bot. I am quite pleased with him.

A lot of his parts just kinda float around. Like the shoulder pauldrons, the roof bits on the back of his arms and those panels you mentioned. I just kinda position where they look nice and stay out of the way.

If you click the pic it will take you to a few more pics I took on my first transformation. I missed a few things and have gotten better at it after a few more rounds.

Soundwave makes me want more movie figs or at least more HA figs ;)^
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 am

Just wondering, is Soundwave the best looking car mode we have ever had in TF toy history?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby no-one » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 am

william-james88 wrote:Just wondering, is Soundwave the best looking car mode we have ever had in TF toy history?
That's an interesting list cause G1 had some nice looking cars with some funky robots.

That Soundwave is sexy as hell and floats between MP and alternators. That line probably takes all the cakes on good looking cars though.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 am

carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Just wondering, is Soundwave the best looking car mode we have ever had in TF toy history?
That's an interesting list cause G1 had some nice looking cars with some funky robots.

That Soundwave is sexy as hell and floats between MP and alternators. That line probably takes all the cakes on good looking cars though.

This is what I have so far:

Top 5 Nicest Licensed Car Modes Amongst Transformers Toys

5. Binaltech Override/Windcharger

4. MP Wheeljack

3. Binaltec Meister/Jazz

2. G1/MP Sideswipe

1. MB Soundwave

G1 cars are nice, but the stickers kinda get in the way of them looking great. I was thinking of other movie cars but they have so many damn panels that they end up not looking as good as G1 or Binaltech (which doesnt have that many panels).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:17 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Now that's the licensed car modes...what about unlicensed ones?
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun

He is pretty sweet. Best though? That's tough, and there's some good contenders, notably:

RID Side Burn: Really any of the car brothers could fit here but A: I own this guy so I'm more qualified to talk about him, and B: He's the best looking. Seriously, he did an MP Tracks before MP was a thing. That metallic blue, man... Not to mention the car mode is SO good that Hasbro had to alter it for their release to avoid a lawsuit from Dodge. Sure he has the kinda comical looking engine block (with beautiful but short-lived chrome) but he not only has chromed rims, but rubber tires too!

Most MPs: Almost all the cars are great, at least in car mode (and most in robot mode too). I only own one (G2 Sideswipe) but he is gorgeous with his gloss-black full-body paintjob. G1 Sideswipe is great too, in Lamborghini-approved red paint no less. The mold's back end does have that little bit of errant kibble but it's only noticable because of how perfect the rest of the toy is.

The Datsun quintet (Prowl, Smokescreen and all 3 versions of Bluestreak) all look lovely. It helps the Datsun Fairlady Z is a beautiful car, and the mold renders it perfectly. Just pick your flavour; Sexy police deco for Prowl, gloriously decaled-up racing colours for Smokescreen, or three different metallic schemes for Bluestreak. Prowl is probably my favourite, but then I'm a sucker for a 'bot in uniform.

Wheeljack, whilst lacking in a fully-painted finish, does have a wonderful car deco with paint details and decals everywhere. And what a car mode it is! The Lancia Stratos is a thing of beauty, and at least from what I've seen of it, the toy is a very accurate rendition (and at the very least a good looking one).

Bumblebee, whilst not a sexy supercar like Sideswipe or a classy auto like Prowl, is still a very nice looking Beetle. Which IMO is always a good thing. Plus he scales perfectly in car mode with CHUG figures.

Tracks, whilst weak in robot mode, has a very, very nice car mode. It's a Stingray, which is one of my favourite cars anyway, and he's done in metallic blue paint. Of course, if Tracks is too faaaaaaaaaaaabulous for you there's always Loud Pedal in gloss black paint. Road Rage loses a few points for being bare plastic, but regains them for being a literal little red Corvette (RIP Prince).

Basically any Alternator/Binaltech/Alternity figure: Pick a figure. Any figure. Even the ones with weak robot modes have superb car modes. And with interiors to boot!

...OK, that's enough gushing about little plastic cars. You get the idea anyway. :lol:
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Overcracker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Black Hat wrote:

He is pretty sweet. Best though? That's tough, and there's some good contenders, notably:

RID Side Burn: Really any of the car brothers could fit here but A: I own this guy so I'm more qualified to talk about him, and B: He's the best looking. Seriously, he did an MP Tracks before MP was a thing. That metallic blue, man... Not to mention the car mode is SO good that Hasbro had to alter it for their release to avoid a lawsuit from Dodge. Sure he has the kinda comical looking engine block (with beautiful but short-lived chrome) but he not only has chromed rims, but rubber tires too!

R.I.D Sideburn is actually a fully licensed and realized Dodge Viper. No modifications or hiding that fact at all. Chrysler made Hasbro license it when bringing the Car Robots figures from Japan. Prowl and X-Brawn went unlicensed however.

Note the accurately painted Viper emblem:

This repaint and all subsequent uses of the mold have the required emblem.

With that said, yes, he has a very very nice vehicle mode. I own the Super Side Burn repaint version pictured above, and chrome is still very much intact.

Still, the Mercedes Benz SLR AMG is still one of the cooler car modes. Even Movie Drift, which had been a Bugatti Veyron, is now a Mercedes AMG-GTR for Last Knight. Alt mode envy?

With that said, Alternators Dead End also makes the Viper alt mode look very cool.

Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Well, Side Burn was my first ever Transformer acquired at age 4 (which makes him 16 YEARS OLD). I'm surprised he's in as good shape as he is.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:54 pm

I could do a tie for Alternators Dead End and RID Sideburn with them being the same car.

MP Tracks doesnt have that great a car mode due to that annoying kibble underneath that detracts from it. He also lacks the inner alt mode detail that many on this list have.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Overcracker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Black Hat wrote:Well, Side Burn was my first ever Transformer acquired at age 4 (which makes him 16 YEARS OLD). I'm surprised he's in as good shape as he is.

Mine's about that age too. bought him when R.I.D was out. One of my first adult TF purchases along with Prime and Magnus.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby SureShot18 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
RotF Deluxe Dead End has a bad robot mode but his altmode is sexy as hell.Image
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Gallery
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:35 pm

SureShot18 wrote:RotF Deluxe Dead End has a bad robot mode but his altmode is sexy as hell.Image
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Gallery

You know which movie toys I think have great looking car modes? The Twins. I think they just look so good and so on point with the actual cars:

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Mudflap Gallery

Another pic, here is MB Soundwave nxt to HA Barricade. As can be seen, they are 2 different scales and dont scale well with eachother. Which is great news for MPM BB and Soundwave :)

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Alternators Mirage is easily one of my favorite car modes. No real love for the car model, but I feel like this one really went above and beyond in hiding any indication that it turns into a robot.
They did an incredible job of making use of all the existing panels and only adding a few very well hidden ones. Just a fantastic looking car in that nice deep blue.

On topic: MB-11 is beautiful. So glad I finally got this mold and held out for the best looking version. I may not need the MP version now.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby ScottyP » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:17 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Soundwave makes a very nice looking car but doesn't hold a candle to any of the MP cars or many Alternators. Too many big, visible break point lines where parts move around to get on that top tier, imo.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:31 pm

ScottyP wrote:Soundwave makes a very nice looking car but doesn't hold a candle to any of the MP cars or many Alternators. Too many big, visible break point lines where parts move around to get on that top tier, imo.

Who are your personal favourites that you see in the top tier?

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721B"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YO JOE #1 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210518 (CA) Maine"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 JUN230378 3D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP200476 5RIA"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM327 7B (CA) Bellegarde (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM321 8B (CA) Galan (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: SNAKES EYES AGENT OF COBRA #3 IDW Comics 2015 (W) Costa 200210a"
GI Joe: SNAKES EYE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 APR238110 2C (CA) Lee (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10RI (CA) Tinto (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON