This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASCON 2017 Discussion

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island

Postby Deadput » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Bumblevivisector wrote:because making a her a headmaster at the last minute is probably what denied us proper toy for so long; with fandom divided over whether or not her head should turn into Daniel, Hasbro got the message that there was no pleasing everyone, so we got nothing for three decades.

That is very unlikely that was the reason why we did not get her as a figure.

Pretty sure the biggest reason why was that Arcee was a girl and back in the G1 days they did not want to scare boys away from the line.

And we got plenty of Arcee's in the 2000's they just were not G1 Arcee.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:02 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Deadput wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Oh you mean Takara's Masterforce cartoon where human kids "fold" into the heads of the Headmaster Juniors and the adults transform into the engines of the Godmasters? ;) It's my favorite Transformers cartoon next to Beast Wars!

How they do it without breaking thier spine and ribs I'll never know :-?
The power channeled by the Master-Braces worn by the Headmaster Juniors and the Godmasters, the Masterforce, changes their human bodies into those of super robot lifeforms (minus their human heads), enabling them to transform into heads and engines for the Transtectors.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby durroth » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
... I feel like they should have made a rechargeable battery that turns into shockwave instead. They could have given him an LED laser cannon and the wire going from his back to his arm would have been completely on key.
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:40 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
durroth wrote:... I feel like they should have made a rechargeable battery that turns into shockwave instead. They could have given him an LED laser cannon and the wire going from his back to his arm would have been completely on key.

Always down for more Shockwave.

My gripe for Arcee is not any one part, but the connection between the shoulder remolds and the bicep.

I'm a fan of the remolded shoulders. Someone else mentioned how they could have remolded the arms to transform better, and they were 100% right. I would settle for a slight remold so that the contour of the shoulder matches the shape of the bicep.

All-in-all, excited.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby frogbat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:33 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Bit in the fence with this one... have the generations one and I think she's quite a good figure.. but she had a few probs with her proportions and stability... feel it's similar to the original wind blade vs the tr version. The latter is more solid and is more fun to play with. This one adds the headmaster gimmick and better guns... + ultra Magnus which I'd like as I don't have spare titan masters to populate say fortress Maximus..

The cons are that it's an exclusive and a mould reuse which is not necessarily a huge problem for me, but I'm satisfied in having blurr and would rather spend it on upcoming figures..
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Palo_zfogs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:09 am

Motto: "The more insane, the better."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
That Arcee and Magnus's exclusive box do looks pretty neat. Does give the "exclusive" feel.
Palo_zfogs
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dark-Matter Space Cruiser

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:44 am

frogbat wrote:The cons are that it's an exclusive
Until it comes to retail later.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Hascon 2017 Magic The Gathering Exclusive Cards, Featuring Transformers Grimlock

Postby Va'al » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:16 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As by our previous story here, and alongside the Transformers specific exlcusives Arcee and Ultra Magnus, and Power Bank Optimus Prime (see here for more), we now have images of the Magic The Gathering exclusive set for HASCON, which includes three non-playable cards (in tournaments) featuring Hasbro properties - including, of course, Transformers. Check out the images below, with two looks at Grimlock, plus Nerf and D&D!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Alpha Dominus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 am

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Gen Arcee still looks great stood next to Blurr and not looking anything like Blurr.

Anyways that's all I have to say on the subject. Peace! :michaelbay:

Agreed. No obviously pink blurr for me. (Although that alt mode does look pretty rad.)
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Who would have thought when Titans Return began that Blurr would be the most reused mould?
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Clean Art for Hascon 2017 Magic The Gathering Grimlock, by Tyler Jacobson

Postby Va'al » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As an update to our previous Hascon story about the exclusive Magic The Gathering Hasbro cards, we have some clean art for the Transformers one featuring Grimlock - in both robot and dinosaur mode - courtesy of artist Tyler Jacobson and his Facebook page! Check out the king below, and let us know if you'll be trying to grab this set of special cards in the discussion.

Well, this was recently revealed. I got the incredible opportunity to paint Grimlock for the upcoming Magic exclusive at Hascon. I had way too much fun on this one.
AD Mark Winters.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby shajaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
This new Arcee.... at first I was all "neat!" but now that I've had time to let it digest... does anyone else feel it's kind of uninspired, unoriginal, kind of boring, and something that could have easily been a main line figure?

Convention exclusives I feel should really speak to the heart of the fandom, giving us stuff that you would never see otherwise. It might be super negative, but it almost feels like the death of niche TF's.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Deadput » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:17 pm

shajaki wrote:This new Arcee.... at first I was all "neat!" but now that I've had time to let it digest... does anyone else feel it's kind of uninspired, unoriginal, kind of boring, and something that could have easily been a main line figure?

Convention exclusives I feel should really speak to the heart of the fandom, giving us stuff that you would never see otherwise. It might be super negative, but it almost feels like the death of niche TF's.

This was most likely meant to be part of one the two cancelled box sets that were to come after the Siege on Cybertron set that's part of why Ultra Magnus here is in die cast (You can tell in the stock images by looking at his titanmaster torso.

This Arcee has more original molded parts here then most Botcon figures or most repaints have in general.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby shajaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Deadput wrote:This Arcee has more original molded parts here then most Botcon figures or most repaints have in general.
Fair enough, but it doesn't address the fact that the character choice is so obvious and uninspired. JMO though.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:04 pm

shajaki wrote:
Deadput wrote:This Arcee has more original molded parts here then most Botcon figures or most repaints have in general.
Fair enough, but it doesn't address the fact that the character choice is so obvious and uninspired. JMO though.
Considering that the fandom has been clamoring for a Headmaster Arcee for decades now, I'd say this toy speaks very well to the heart of the fandom, as it's finally giving the fandom something it's wanted for so long now.

Whereas BotCon tended to give the fandom a lot of things that, while nice on there own, no one asked for and were usually desirable only after their existence was made known. By contrast, a Headmaster Arcee toy has been desired long before this toy existed.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Considering that the fandom has been clamoring for a Headmaster Arcee for decades now, I'd say this toy speaks very well to the heart of the fandom, as it's finally giving the fandom something it's wanted for so long now.

Whereas BotCon tended to give the fandom a lot of things that, while nice on there own, no one asked for and were usually desirable only after their existence was made known. By contrast, a Headmaster Arcee toy has been desired long before this toy existed.
Fair point. I just hope imagination isn't thrown by the wayside.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:21 pm

shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:

Fair point. I just hope imagination isn't thrown by the wayside.
There had to have been a ton of imagination put into all the retooling to make this figure as different from Blurr as it is.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
And, once again, it's important to note -- this is not an exclusive. It will be available in stores or online retailers or something at some point, we're just getting it as Hascon first.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby shajaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:There had to have been a ton of imagination put into all the retooling to make this figure as different from Blurr as it is.
You're not getting me. Simply releasing an Arcee is not imaginative. She's an established, non-niche character. It appeals to the masses, not the niche in the fandom. Retooling is now the norm as well, and there's been more extreme examples of retooling than this.

Kurona wrote:And, once again, it's important to note -- this is not an exclusive. It will be available in stores or online retailers or something at some point, we're just getting it as Hascon first.
Really? Forgive my ignorance, I haven't been keeping up with the Hascon details. Will she be coming to regular in store retail?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
shajaki wrote:
Kurona wrote:And, once again, it's important to note -- this is not an exclusive. It will be available in stores or online retailers or something at some point, we're just getting it as Hascon first.
Really? Forgive my ignorance, I haven't been keeping up with the Hascon details. Will she be coming to regular in store retail?

We don't really know how she'll be coming to mass retail, only that she will. It's possible she'll be an exclusive to BBTS or Walgreens or what have you; maybe she'll be released everywhere. All we know is that she's getting sold at Hascon, and then later down the line she'll be sold... somewhere. This is basically like if CW Liokaiser or TR Chaos on Velocitron was sold at a Botcon a few months before coming to where they were normally sold.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby shajaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Kurona wrote:We don't really know how she'll be coming to mass retail, only that she will. It's possible she'll be an exclusive to BBTS or Walgreens or what have you; maybe she'll be released everywhere. All we know is that she's getting sold at Hascon, and then later down the line she'll be sold... somewhere. This is basically like if CW Liokaiser or TR Chaos on Velocitron was sold at a Botcon a few months before coming to where they were normally sold.
Gotcha. Thanks ;)^
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Prime Target » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:27 pm

Motto: "Accept any accept all every person counts"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hah! and the rumors said she was gonna be a just a Loudmouth Repaint. So glad this is ligit but srsly can anyone tell me which Titan Masters Daniel and Magnus are retooled from or if they're new molds completely? :-?
Prime Target
Minibot
Watch Prime Target on YouTube
Alt Mode: Lamborghini Centenario
Strength: 5
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Deadput » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Prime Target wrote:Hah! and the rumors said she was gonna be a just a Loudmouth Repaint. So glad this is ligit but srsly can anyone tell me which Titan Masters Daniel and Magnus are retooled from or if they're new molds completely? :-?

Magnus sort of looks like Fangry.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Prime Target wrote:Hah! and the rumors said she was gonna be a just a Loudmouth Repaint. So glad this is ligit but srsly can anyone tell me which Titan Masters Daniel and Magnus are retooled from or if they're new molds completely? :-?
Leinad is a retool of Hyperfire with a new Titan Master head based on Daniel's exosuit helmet, and with a new Arcee face on his back.

Ultra Magnus uses Fangry as a base, but uses the same diecast metal torso as Rodimus Prime and Thunderwing, while keeping Fangry's Titan Master head, and has a new Ultra Magnus face on his back.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:51 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
Leinad is a retool of Hyperfire with a new Titan Master head based on Daniel's exosuit helmet, and with a new Arcee face on his back.

Ultra Magnus uses Fangry as a base, but uses the same diecast metal torso as Rodimus Prime and Thunderwing, while keeping Fangry's Titan Master head, and has a new Ultra Magnus face on his back.

I suggested that Arcee was a redecoed Loudmouth before I even heard of the rumors... Nah, couldn't be.

But Leinad and Ultra Magnus are indeed based on Stylor and Fangry respectively, though the card art has Magnus be a composite of the two. Plus, it's suspected they were part of a themed box set, but got split up.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON