This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASCON 2017 Discussion

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:03 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
LE0KING wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
LE0KING wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hey look, it's that statue of the Optimus Prime from that one cartoon that ended 3-4 years ago. :P

Compared to an optimus from a cartoon that ended 30 years ago? ;)
You mean the one that most consider timeless and refuse to let die? :-P

Point stands. Some of us love the prime show the way others love g1.

Agreed.

Now where's my statue of Primal?!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Bronzewolf » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Hascon is currently in full swing, having just fully opened moments ago, featuring displays and booths for all of your favorite Hasbro properties. One of the most exciting parts of the Transformers display is the Optimus Prime truck from the live action films! The truck is currently on loan from Hendrick Motorsports, who have now posted a gallery of the truck, as well as the following statement:
After saving the world alongside the Nos. 48 and 88 Chevys in "Transformers: The Last Knight," the truck of Optimus Prime came to rest at Hendrick Motorsports. This weekend only (Sept. 8-10), in Providence, Rhode Island, it will be open for everyone to see at the Transformers’ display as part of Hasbro’s first annual HASCON event.

To see the gallery, please check out Hendrick Motorsports' webpage, here, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest breaking Transformers news out of Hascon!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

#HASCON Transformers Panel Coverage - TLK, Volcanicus, Orion Pax, More

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:14 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The official social media channels for Hasbro are currently kicking off the first ever HASCON event, over in Rhode Island! As the convention takes under its mantle several Hasbro properties, we are tuned it to follow all event Transformers (with some inevitable sides of GI Joe and the other characters in the shared universe such as Rom, MASK, and more).

And we're in the panel room with Seibertron.com as the Transformers brand team runs through the various members of both Hasbro and Takara Tomy personnel present for the talk! Three Japanese designers have joined the Hasbro team for the event too: Shogo Hasui, Takashi Kunihiro, and Hall of Fame inductee Hideaki Yoke, plus interpreter Daizo Uehara.

The Last Knight

The first product presented and discussed has to do with the concept of Story, and Transformers: The Last Knight - the team shows a clip introducing the Allspark Tech line (which you can see covered here, too).

The team is particularly excited about the story-driven features of the new toy line, from the electronics to the voice clips included in each of the figures.

Next is more The Last Knight coverage, with the Knight Armour line of toys (as previously seen here, for example). Hasbro actually collaborated with Takara on the design for this line, and the helmet designs for the various figures are inspired by actual military wear from across the world.

Robots in Disguise Combiner Force

Swiftly moving on to the Robots in Disguise toy line, with discussion of the collaboration with the animation studios and the creation and design of the combiners from the show (such as Ultra Bee and Menasor). Discussing how the concept had to adhere to the idea of the multiple modes being compatible with each other, while also appealing to the multiple toys in one all in one box.

After the major combiners, the team discusses the Crash Combiners instead, showing Strongarm and Optimus Prime as examples.

Generations - Power of the Primes
Discussing the idea of reveals, and how the Prime Wars trilogy. Prime Masters being reintroduced along with the confirmation of Optimus Primal as new Prime after fan vote.

Dinobot Slash - first female Dinobot, collaborated with Takara Tomy to create the Legends scale new character.
Dinobot Slug
Dinobot Swoop
Dinobot Snarl
Dinobot Sludge

Voyager class Grimlock - poseable, interacts with Prime Masters.
Yoke-san actually talking about the Dinobots' history and how it influenced current designs

All new Dinobot combiner announced: Volcanicus!
Sludge is leg, Snarl is other leg, Swoop and Slug is arms, Grimlock is torso.
Ankle tilts!
Had to think about the joints system for the combiners, in order to hold up the whole figure. Right amount of friction was hard to get.

Leader class reveal - Optimus Prime. Evolving Deluxe Orion Pax into the Autobot Leader.
Some design topics talking about getting the right space and friction for the Deluxe to fit.
Discussing the interactive and play pattern for the Matrix and the other Prime-help crystals, blending old stories with new toyline.

Exclusives

Titans Return Arcee and Titans Return Ultra Magnus, as seen before.

Optimus Prime Power Bank also seen before.

A final teaser was the silhouette for Predaking, as per the mockup seen recently.

Q&A
A question about a new Shockwave, which 'will be taken into consideration'.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:21 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
So leader Prime is deluxe Orion Pax (cab) with the trailer attached?

And I like the Dinobots individually, but that combined mode? Ehh.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Kyleor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:21 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Looks like they have the packaging at least from that Power Bank Optimus coming out.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 am

Kyleor wrote:Looks like they have the packaging at least from that Power Bank Optimus coming out.

All exclusives are available at the show. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Reminder: "combining Dinobots" has never been a good idea. It is still not a good idea [-(

Leader OP looks incredible though. Amazing to see those great triumphs at the same time as hilarious stumbles like deluxe Sludge.

Edit: Also, I guess RiD is done? Seemed that way but this maybe sealed it. If so, they should feel really bad about how they handled it for the past year after it got off to a pretty solid start.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby bluecatcinema » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:33 am

"Volcanicus"? As names go, it could have been worse...
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am

ScottyP wrote:Reminder: "combining Dinobots" has never been a good idea. It is still not a good idea [-(

Leader OP looks incredible though. Amazing to see those great triumphs at the same time as hilarious stumbles like deluxe Sludge.

Edit: Also, I guess RiD is done? Seemed that way but this maybe sealed it. If so, they should feel really bad about how they handled it for the past year after it got off to a pretty solid start.

Right there with you on RID, they could have at least said something about it being done or now. Instead they talked about older gimicks and toys we saw before, why I have no clue. The lack of attention given to that line is always puzzling, especially considering its one of their big sellers. We dont even know if that last wave (the one found in practically every other country) is ever coming to US stores.

Anyways, about that Leader OP, what I like best is how solid it looked in its full combined mode. The guy was handling it like any other leader figure without having to make sure anything would untab.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks to Cyberpath for fixed images! :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:47 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:
LE0KING wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
LE0KING wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hey look, it's that statue of the Optimus Prime from that one cartoon that ended 3-4 years ago. :P

Compared to an optimus from a cartoon that ended 30 years ago? ;)
You mean the one that most consider timeless and refuse to let die? :-P

Point stands. Some of us love the prime show the way others love g1.

Agreed.

Now where's my statue of Primal?!

As for the statue, it's been around since SDCC 2010 (saw it in person at Botcon 2011)...at this point, I think its safe to assume that Hasbro uses it to represent Optimus Prime as a character overall, they don't see it as Prime from TF : Prime, they just see it as Optimus Prime period....and plus they probably paid a lot so you are going to see it for many years to come ;) .
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Munkky » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:48 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I'm surprised they didn't show Hun-Gurrr, unless there's going to be more reveals as the event goes on. As hilarious as it would have been for Volcanicus to look like the Beast just to see how people reacted, he still looks decent and I'm definitely going to get every Dinobot.
Slash is cute, but it doesn't look like she combines with Volcanicus (unless I'm just not seeing it). It would be a shame if she was another Wreck-Gar situation, where she's initially marketed as being part of a Combiner but actually isn't.
Last edited by Munkky on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Microraptor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:54 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Slash is fan-TASTIC.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Dagon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:54 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Well,hopefully this can finally end the agony of not knowing whether PotP Starscream is going to be a combiner torso, since we "didn't know" this because Hasbro didn't officially state it, even though it was obvious from the SDCC pictures, and even the pictures shown at the prepanel today. I know the suspense had been killing me.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Mechastrike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:55 am

they really out did themselves this time. EVOLVING as a transformation feature?
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby o.supreme » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:55 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I'm sure there will be other reveals, they would not have teased images of the Terrorcons without showing them at some point. Also...I too am hoping for legends class integration as either a weapon or that actually fits on the combiner somehow. Still...there's fan modes even if Hasbro doesn't come up with something officially.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:58 am

Munkky wrote:Slash is cute, but it doesn't look like she combines with Volcanicus (unless I'm just not seeing it). It would be a shame if she was another Wreck-Gar situation, where she's initially marketed as being part of a Combiner but actually isn't.

then expect there to be shame :twisted:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:02 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I'd find it very odd if they specifically made a new Dinobot - with a new mold no less - to go along with the Dinobot combiner... and there was no integration. Either way, I'm not complaining -- I love her and I'm getting her nonetheless! :D
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby RustedCross » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:13 am

I'm guessing that Slash will transform into a weapon.
Maybe a sword or hammer type thing.
"Waspinator find spider-bot and tear him a new waste-disposal unit!"
-- Waspinator, "Other Voices"

RustedCross
Micromaster

Postby Dagon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:18 am

I just noticed this from looking at the images, but the Prime masters or whatever they're being called, the Pretenders...they're basically this as the Titanmaster figures now, right? It looks like the same thing, only with a dedicated robot form, whereas some of the Titanmaster things are dinosaurs or some other type of vehicle. I don't own any of the Titanmaster ones, but I'm thinking of Apeface, whose little vehicle thing is a jet and an ape. These new things are essentially the same thing, right?

And the little guys turn into heads still? I know they're probably supposed to be something else, but that's clearly a headmaster mode....
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 am

Dagon wrote:I just noticed this from looking at the images, but the Prime masters or whatever they're being called, the Pretenders...they're basically this as the Titanmaster figures now, right? It looks like the same thing, only with a dedicated robot form, whereas some of the Titanmaster things are dinosaurs or some other type of vehicle. I don't own any of the Titanmaster ones, but I'm thinking of Apeface, whose little vehicle thing is a jet and an ape. These new things are essentially the same thing, right?

And the little guys turn into heads still? I know they're probably supposed to be something else, but that's clearly a headmaster mode....

The Prime Masters are the replacement for the Titan Master class, yeah. Functionally these Prime Masters work the exact same as Titan Masters -- same connectivity and everything. The thing replacing the head mode though is supposed to be some sort of engine or power source, so if it helps think of these like the new Powermasters.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:27 am

Kurona wrote:I'd find it very odd if they specifically made a new Dinobot - with a new mold no less - to go along with the Dinobot combiner... and there was no integration. Either way, I'm not complaining -- I love her and I'm getting her nonetheless! :D

Well, that mold could have been done for cindersaur since we know he uses the very same mold.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Dagon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:28 am

Kurona wrote:
Dagon wrote:I just noticed this from looking at the images, but the Prime masters or whatever they're being called, the Pretenders...they're basically this as the Titanmaster figures now, right? It looks like the same thing, only with a dedicated robot form, whereas some of the Titanmaster things are dinosaurs or some other type of vehicle. I don't own any of the Titanmaster ones, but I'm thinking of Apeface, whose little vehicle thing is a jet and an ape. These new things are essentially the same thing, right?

The Prime Masters are the replacement for the Titan Master class, yeah. Functionally these Prime Masters work the exact same as Titan Masters -- same connectivity and everything. The thing replacing the head mode though is supposed to be some sort of engine or power source, so if it helps think of these like the new Powermasters.

Rad. I know that this is old news, but I skipped the tiny guys in Titans Return, so I didn't pay much attention to these.
Thanks!
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:33 am

william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd find it very odd if they specifically made a new Dinobot - with a new mold no less - to go along with the Dinobot combiner... and there was no integration. Either way, I'm not complaining -- I love her and I'm getting her nonetheless! :D

Well, that mold could have been done for cindersaur since we know he uses the very same mold.

If it was though, it would have looked like Cindersaur. Zero details on this toy match up with the G1 Firecon - and in fact it has a lot of details characteristic of the Dinobot group, especially in the head - so this isn't a pretool situation like TR Sentinel Prime and Astrotrain, this is more like T30 Optimus to CW Huffer.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:36 am

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
Grimlock and slash look great. Volcanicus looks fine. Does anyone else see slash as the dinobots equivalent to nickel of the DJD. Optimus looks awesome reminds me of mp Prime.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210679 32B (CA) Burcham (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM327 5E (CA) Kerschl"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210678 32A (CA) Schoening (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915N"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #27 IDW Comics 2014 27A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915O"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #20 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 20B FEB200654 (CA) Lawrence"
TRANSFORMERS #20 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB229537 1C (CA) Spence"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 16A (CA) Guidi"
Transformers ALL H ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON