This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Bumblebee21 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:10 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
thats bullfrog
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby sol magnus » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:15 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I hoped, but for naught. The price is 30 higher than what I thought it would be. Still, I will be getting one. I will shop the best price for certain, however.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:28 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Import. Even with shipping, it will be cheaper.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Bumblebee21 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:38 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:Import. Even with shipping, it will be cheaper.

Also illegal
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:44 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Import. Even with shipping, it will be cheaper.

Also illegal

Not sure about that. Everyone was able to import the g1 megs reissue and that thing was even packaged in gun mode.

Plus, there are tons of MP 05s sent to the US from Lena every day. Canadian laws are more severe than the US and when I odered a G1 reissue, the government opened my package, inspected the contents and resealed the packaging box and sent it to me. If it was truly illegal, it would have been seized.

If it is illegal, its illegal for a US corporation to import it and distribute it (like BBTS), not an individual. The japanese stores are not under US law and thus their distribution to us does not apply. The problem here is that its a US company acting as a secondary seller. You avoid that when you import.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby bodrock » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:53 am

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
I guess I will simply be satisfied with that Megz reissue I got, and possibly Despotron.... >:oP
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:22 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Ever since he was announced, people have eagerly been waiting for the pre-orders for the new 2.0 version of Masterpiece Megatron. Well, wait no more!

Several of our sponsors as well as fans have sent us many pre-order links for this upcoming Masterpiece. Here is the list from which you can pre-order this new figure:

-Big Bad Toy Store - $229.99
-TFSource - $229.99
-The Chosen Prime - $229.99
-Ages 3 and Up - $229.95

Also, we have an important notice to give about this figure. This description was included in the Big Bad Toy Store listing:
"The orange barrel plug is custom molded to meet the specifications of Megatron's barrel and cast in high quality ABS plastic. Only the rounded tip of the plug will be visible because the shaft of the plug will be inserted into the Megatron barrel and attached with adhesive. The adhesive will be applied within the barrel at a depth of around 1/2", and will not be applied to the face of the barrel. The plug extends only 1/4" (6mm) from the end of the barrel to the end of the rounded tip. The plug is under 3/4" (17mm) wide and fits perfectly with the end of the Megatron barrel.

WARNING: The MP-36 Megatron is an adult collectible toy and should not be used by children. Caution should be exercised when using this toy, and Megatron should never be used in a situation where it could be confused for a real weapon. Do not remove the blaze orange safety plug affixed to Megatron's barrel.

Due to United States Toy / Imitation Gun Laws, it is illegal for any business or individual to import the MP-36 Megatron because it does not have a blaze orange safety tip on the end of barrel. A copy of this law is listed at the end of this description. In order for BBTS to legally import this item, Megatron must be modified with ablaze orange safety tip at the end of the barrel. This orange tip is a custom made plastic plug that is attached to the end of the barrel. The tip will add between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in length to the end of the barrel and will not hinder the transformation between gun and robot.

Without this orange tip modification, US Customs may seize any incoming shipments for this item that they discover because it does not comply with US Laws, so we are providing a legal and risk-free solution to that problem.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. The factory tape seal will be cut, and some internal plastic packaging may be modified or cut. Collector's Grade packaging will not be available due to these modifications, and the normal Standard Grade description will not apply because the tape seals have been broken. We realize these modifications will slightly change the appearance of the toy, but we also realize that giving you a legal way to own this toy is much better than not owning it at all, or running the risk of US Customs seizing the item.

This is an aftermarket modification that does not involve Takara whatsoever; we initiated this modification to bring you an importable collectible. We will work to provide the highest quality plug addition that we can, but because this is not part of the original manufacturing process, it will not be perfect. This modification is done at no expense to you, we are paying all costs associated with this and passing nothing on to you other than the ultimate legal Megatron collectible."

So now that you have all the information, go out and Pre-order this latest Masterpiece big bad!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:24 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:If it is illegal, its illegal for a US corporation to import it and distribute it (like BBTS), not an individual. The japanese stores are not under US law and thus their distribution to us does not apply. The problem here is that its a US company acting as a secondary seller. You avoid that when you import.

Unfortunately HLJ DOES plug their toy guns. Both my MP Megatron and Encore Megatron had orange plugs on them. The MP had a rubber plug that popped right out, but the Encore had a hard plastic cap that was glued in. I don't know if they did it for the Chronicles 2-pack with DotM Megatron or not. It doesn't seem like AmiAmi or Hobby Search used plugs on their releases.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:If it is illegal, its illegal for a US corporation to import it and distribute it (like BBTS), not an individual. The japanese stores are not under US law and thus their distribution to us does not apply. The problem here is that its a US company acting as a secondary seller. You avoid that when you import.

Unfortunately HLJ DOES plug their toy guns. Both my MP Megatron and Encore Megatron had orange plugs on them. The MP had a rubber plug that popped right out, but the Encore had a hard plastic cap that was glued in. I don't know if they did it for the Chronicles 2-pack with DotM Megatron or not. It doesn't seem like AmiAmi or Hobby Search used plugs on their releases.

Emerje

Interesting, I dont use HLJ, since I usually find their prices higher than others (and I accumulate points elsehwere). I boght my reissue from the Jungle and it came without the orange tip. And I am also curious about the chronicles 2 pack. Did the ones bought through US dealers have the orange tip? Because that would be very telling as to what is "illegal" in the US.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:38 pm

I'm curious for an official statement from each retailer above. If one noted rubber insert, I'd choose them over one that was glued in.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yesterday I had a great idea. With a small amount of retooling (ex.:new head,remove the gun barrel, and a recolor), this would make a great Browning. Actually, it would be the best Masterpiece figure where scale is concerned, since the figure's size is also around Browning's size.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Strength: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Yesterday I had a great idea. With a small amount of retooling (ex.:new head,remove the gun barrel, and a recolor), this would make a great Browning. Actually, it would be the best Masterpiece figure where scale is concerned, since the figure's size is also around Browning's size.

That would be way cooler, and would be a great way to get more use out of the mold ;)^
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Yesterday I had a great idea. With a small amount of retooling (ex.:new head,remove the gun barrel, and a recolor), this would make a great Browning. Actually, it would be the best Masterpiece figure where scale is concerned, since the figure's size is also around Browning's size.

That would be way cooler, and would be a great way to get more use out of the mold ;)^

Plus it'd be the character's first figure.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Firepower: 9

Postby Fox Thiagarajan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Motto: "Our greatest resource is each other."
Weapon: Snow Laser
Does anyone have any experience in removing an orange barrel plug? I can def live with it, but if there is some tried and true method to remove the plug I would appreciate any insight. :-? :BOWDOWN:
Fox Thiagarajan
Pretender
Alt Mode: Red Mazda 343
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Plus it'd be the character's first figure.

Second, actually:

D-308 Browning

That said, he'd require a complete reshell. Megatron is a Walther P38, while Browning is an FN Model M1910, imported by the Browning Arms Company (hence the name).

If anything we'll get yet another Megaplex or Black Megatron, instead. :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:48 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The domestic pre-order price is way to high for me, especially with the orange plug. I'll definitively look into other means.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby nycPrime » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:50 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:The domestic pre-order price is way to high for me, especially with the orange plug. I'll definitively look into other means.

Fully agree. I think most of us here will be looking at importing it through one of the Japanese stores. Someone remind me again if those stores will be inserting an orange plug? And if not, and US Customs discover it, what happens?
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
nycPrime wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:The domestic pre-order price is way to high for me, especially with the orange plug. I'll definitively look into other means.

Fully agree. I think most of us here will be looking at importing it through one of the Japanese stores. Someone remind me again if those stores will be inserting an orange plug? And if not, and US Customs discover it, what happens?

The disclaimer quite clearly states that if customs finds one without a plug, you're likely not getting it...
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Regimus Prime » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:24 pm

I was able to get my pre-order completed on BBTS today. I'm really looking forward to this one after the abomination that was MP-5. My Apollyon was a decent substitute (minus the weak ball joints at the shoulder hinge that constantly allow the arms to pop off). Once I receive MP-36 Apollyon is Ebay fodder. :CON:
Regimus Prime
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:13 am

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:55 am

This has to be the best Megatron head and face-sculpt yet, official/unofficial.

I guess they couldn't make his barrel sit properly on his back though. :-?

Also, cool, the markings on his chest are translucent, too. Like the blinking lights of one of his communication devices.

Kind of impressive how Megatron and "battle damaged" Megatron are one and the same figure.

Attachments
MegLights.jpg
MegLights.jpg (59.65 KiB) Viewed 7027 times
Megatron face.jpg
Megatron face.jpg (52.73 KiB) Viewed 7027 times
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Postby Va'al » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:48 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has shared with us a new batch of stock images of the recently revealed Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron, featuring a number of new looks at the second version of the Decepticon / Destron leader! Via Loopaza Toy Store, we have another comparison with MP-10 Optimus Prime, a look at the accessories (including faces, Key to Vector Sigma, weapons, and the mind control helmet), shots in gun mode and with the scope cannon mode, and more - check them all out mirrored below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SunbowTransformersG1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:59 am

I was waiting for a perfect Megatron 2.0, Takaratomy made it.
It looks just like Megatron in Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon.
It comes so to see with all the accessories of the famous Megatron/Optimus Prime battles in the Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon/movie. I hope they including his hand circle saw blade from the Sunbow The Transformers G1 Season 1 cartoon.

Now an MP-10 3.0 Optimus Prime where the waist/upperlegs colors are white, the symbols on the waist are medium yellow not translucent, the lower legs are total blue and the Wheels fold inside the lower legs, full hand articulation, led Light in his eyes/chesl to Light up matrix.

Now an MP-22 Ultra Magnus 2.0 where the waist can swivel, and the was flap can be fold on his back of the torso, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-27 Ironhide/MP-30 Ratchet 2.0 where the back wheels fold in the waist with an foldable plate over it, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-21 Bumblebee 2.0 where the underarms have an foldable plate to cover the hole in it, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-15 Rumble/MP-16 Frenzy with full hand articulation.

I known you Takaratomy engineers can do this, now do so.
SunbowTransformersG1
Mini-Con

Postby Sir Soundwave42 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:00 am

I love how all the latest MP figures look like they fell out of an episode from the cartoon
Sir Soundwave42
Mini-Con

Postby CdogCdog4 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:01 am

This is the Megatron I been waiting for! I picked up Apollyon last year but when Maketoys announced their awesome version, as well as DX9 had a great likeness too, I said nah I think I'll hold to see if TakaraTomy actually comes through. Especially considering I've been with Masterpiece since MP-01 Convoy and I DID miss out on MP-05 (as well as MP-11 being 2 of the 3 masterpiece molds I missed out on so I preordered both of them instantly)
Last edited by CdogCdog4 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CdogCdog4
Minibot

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr G 1:100 IDW Comics MAY231444 1G (CA) Albuquerque"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZA 1:150 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230230 1ZA (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231595 4A (CA) Gallant"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #147 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics 2024 OCT231356 147C Turtles Ongoing Corona"
TMNT #147 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 AUG221571 2C (CA) Martin"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210225 1A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #6 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JAN231642 6B (CA) Soares"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 MAY231422 3C (CA) Daley"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr F RI 1:50 IDW Comics JAN231649 1F Petersen"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #136 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT221747 136A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Pe"
TMNT #136 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUL231255 5A (CA) Lawrence"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 AUG221570 2B (CA) Fosgitt"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 JUN231488 4D (CA) Federici"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON