This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Bumblebee21 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:10 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
nycPrime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:But in the case of BBTS for me: the cheapest shipping I can get to my place for a deluxe class figure is $13. That is almost as much as the figure. I tried it out for MP SG Prime: my shipping was going to be $30! And he's the same price between the 2!

Wait, what?! I've ordered a few times from BBTS. Shipping for only Leader Jetfire was $5, and about $10 for UW Computron. I don't think you're that far from me that would justify that much of an increase in shipping costs.

i guess they dont like pennsylvania
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:36 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Bumblebee21 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:But in the case of BBTS for me: the cheapest shipping I can get to my place for a deluxe class figure is $13. That is almost as much as the figure. I tried it out for MP SG Prime: my shipping was going to be $30! And he's the same price between the 2!

Wait, what?! I've ordered a few times from BBTS. Shipping for only Leader Jetfire was $5, and about $10 for UW Computron. I don't think you're that far from me that would justify that much of an increase in shipping costs.

Must be jealous of all those great sports teams (as a Montrealer, I totally understand).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Bumblebee21 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:38 am

william-james88 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

Must be jealous of all those great sports teams (as a Montrealer, I totally understand).

most likely or they know hes dmax :-P
My collection

Bumblebee21
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:33 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
The theory that shipping is included in the price is flawed in several ways.

1) Shipping costs for anyone that qualifies for free shipping is going to be different depending on how far away they live from the warehouse. There's no easy way to calculate that.

2) The price they sell large items, like Grand Galvatron for example, are priced at Asian MSRP just like Robot Kingdom. Considering they also have the added cost of shipping these in from China they've already spread their own profits thinner than RK would being in China. So logically if they were adding shipping to the price it should have cost more, but it didn't, TFS and RK both charged $160.

3) The free shipping isn't just on the big ticket items they can sell for over $150, it's for any order over $150. That means if you were to buy $150 worth of clearance or sale items or even just items sold at MSRP you'd still get free shipping.

The model that TFSource uses is one that encourages buying multiple items in one order. It helps them sell older stock that may go on clearance anyway and entices repeat customers. This same store also uses a points program, effectively paying you for buying from them and rewarding loyalty. Ultimately they're built on small gains multiplied over high sales volume allowing them to afford free shipping if you're willing to spend your money on them. I suspect they also own their warehouse, otherwise they wouldn't be able to do order stacking which greatly reduces their overhead as they won't have to pay to lease their warehouse space.

On a side note, way back in 2000 BBTS did $4 flat rate shipping. In 2002 it became $4.99 and in 2005 it became $6.99, but it didn't last as they dropped flat rate shipping when they introduced Pile of Loot that fall when they overhauled the site into what we know today. So BBTS has experimented with discount shipping, but they couldn't make it work for them.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby SureShot18 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Bumblebee21 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

I'm confused. I think I only live a couple hours away from Dmax and when I placed my orders I was able to use saver shipping for $5.75.
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
nycPrime wrote:

Will and I discussed this before actually (a good ways back, before I was news staff). It really makes no sense. They don't give me the cheaper shipping options. I was appalled when I saw Onslaught on there and went to buy him individually back in January/February: the shipping was going to cost me $16. I'm not sure if it's just my rural area, or because the other shipping options won't work where I'm at, but I really don't know why BBTS has the weird options for my area.
SureShot18 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

I'm confused. I think I only live a couple hours away from Dmax and when I placed my orders I was able to use saver shipping for $5.75.

I'm about 5 hours west of Philly and 3 hours west of Harrisburg, if that helps with where you are compared to me. See, I look at the different shipping options, and it lists the saver shipping, but when I actually check out, it doesn't give me that option.

As an example, I just put MP Thrust in my cart and went through with an order (not actually placing it though). It only gave me 2 options: USPS Parcel mail, and Priority mail. Those are the only 2 options I get. One was $11.50, the other $20.

Edit: the costs keep changing on me (as evident by $13 deluxe, $16 voyager, $11.50 MP), but they have never really been cheap.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby mooncake623 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Great article Will ;)^
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby BumbleDouche » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:52 am

Motto: "The right to think & behave stupidly is a privilege too often abused."
Weapon: Tissue Demolecularization Gun
Reading that link on the Australian imitation gun-ownership/importation nonsense makes me realize just how lucky I was to be able to import Apollyon from overseas undetected.

I'd have to seriously reconsider whether or not he is worth replacing with the official product, just as a result of reading that information. For my state, it'd mean a several hundred dollar permit would be required & that would need renewing every three years.

Hasbro, Takara & the 3rd party companies have been raping us fans for years with their prices, now my government wants me to further expand the gaping maw that was my arse by voluntarily submitting to further financial rapage; one that basically binds me to a lifelong rent/upkeep (of potentially thousands of dollars) for an object that stands harmlessly on my shelf, in robot mode, no less.

Verily I say unto thee, Australia: FAR-Q!

It's this exact sort of nonsense that makes someone want to go out & buy a real gun & then go on a mental killing spree! & should this message be monitored by ASIO or whoever, I say this: whoever attempts to seize Apollyon from me will sooner have to remove that voluminous fake gun stock/silencer/handle-combination from their own arse, after I forcefully shove it down there, possibly via their throat or rectum... Dunno, I'll consider my options, should the need arise. Blood pressure: RISING! :BOOM:
"Megatron is the proof that tyranny is the finest form of government, under the right tyrant."
BumbleDouche
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:37 am

New pic and translation from Loopaza Mega Store:

There is also a notice that the last month coverage about MP36 Megtron have some error. The Fusion Cannon DO NOT have any light gimmick but sounds only. There is 3 patteren and about 9 different type of sound effect with the Fusion Cannon including transforming sounds, the class speech lines and the Fusion Cannon sounds etc.

Wish it were the other way around. Will probably skip this feature.

Attachments
MP36newpic.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron

Postby Va'al » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:12 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has alerted us to the Loopaza Mega Store Facebook page - as reported in this other news story - as their Figure King scans bring us a detail concerning Takara Tomy Transformers MP36 Megatron, and specifically, the fusion cannon: no lights, sounds only! Check out more info and the image below.

There is also a notice that the last month coverage about MP36 Megatron have some error. The Fusion Cannon DO NOT have any light gimmick but sounds only. There is 3 patterns and about 9 different type of sound effect with the Fusion Cannon including transforming sounds, the class speech lines and the Fusion Cannon sounds etc.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Bumblebee21 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:15 am

well third parties are immediatly better in the light regard
My collection

Bumblebee21
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:45 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
A talking cannon. Now Megatron can literally converse with his arm-mounted weapon. :P

Alternatively:

A talking cannon. Now Megatron has his own mode-locked Targetmaster! :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7

Postby Alpha Dominus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:49 am

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Oh that's cool. While I don't expect to get this awesome figure for free, I was wondering what that crazy price tag was about.
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:16 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sound effects, voice clips but no lights. Acceptable.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Postby Ravage XK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:18 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:20 am

Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:23 am

fenrir72 wrote:

Although, with Seizō Katō having passed away back in 2014, the voice clips will probably be recycled from preexisting sources rather than newly-recorded lines.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:56 am

I don't like it. Seems cheesy to me. And everyone has a computer or a smartphone to play sounds. If Takara must put a gimmick in the fusion cannon I prefer lights. At least it has a photographic value. (And is kind of fun.)

It doesn't seem to interfere with the look of the figure though.

Also, I hope that the placement of the gun barrel on his back isn't off because of another unnecessary gimmick.

Figure's looks > gimmicks.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Alpha Dominus wrote:Oh that's cool. While I don't expect to get this awesome figure for free, I was wondering what that crazy price tag was about.

But Prime is the same price tag and he doesnt have any electronics. I dont think its related. Its just a price point figures of that class share.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:
Alpha Dominus wrote:Oh that's cool. While I don't expect to get this awesome figure for free, I was wondering what that crazy price tag was about.

But Prime is the same price tag and he doesnt have any electronics. I dont think its related. Its just a price point figures of that class share.

Megatron (24,840 JPY) costs more than Optimus (23,760 JPY), most likely because of the electronics. Just look at what electronics did to Shockwave's price, he's a pretty simple MP, but costs way more than similar sized figures.

Shockwave - 18,144 JPY
Coronation Starscream reissue - 14,040 JPY
Soundwave reissue - 17,064 JPY
Ironhide - 10,800 JPY
Inferno - 15,120 JPY
Optimus Primal - 12,960 JPY

As you can see they also don't really adhere to price points either.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:09 pm

But can we really assume its electronics and not the parts count? Also, I still find that Shockwave price quite high. As you already assessed, I keep being really surprised electronics cost that much.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Although, with Seizō Katō having passed away back in 2014, the voice clips will probably be recycled from preexisting sources rather than newly-recorded lines.

Those releases with voice clips like Fortmax and G1 Glvatron., those were voice clips from the original show and not new lines.

Hell would probably freeze over first if Takara would use Frank Welker's voice clips (though selling one as an exclusive in Japan would be every JP or English speaking G1 fan's wet dream!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:52 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Those releases with voice clips like Fortmax and G1 Glvatron., those were voice clips from the original show and not new lines.
What about other Takara toys with voice clips? Like the old purple reissue of G1 Galvatron, or the Galvatron II toy? Or the two giant-sized Adventure Optimus toys?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

What about other Takara toys with voice clips? Like the old purple reissue of G1 Galvatron, or the Galvatron II toy? Or the two giant-sized Adventure Optimus toys?

The G1 Galvatron toy I mentioned, I meant the purple people eater version. The original 1986 ver just has those peew peew sounds. TL Fortress, I know those voice clips are canned from the original show, same with the TAV ( though for that I can only attest to the 1st bell bottom version which I own ).
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

The G1 Galvatron toy I mentioned, I meant the purple people eater version. The original 1986 ver just has those peew peew sounds. TL Fortress, I know those voice clips are canned from the original show, same with the TAV ( though for that I can only attest to the 1st bell bottom version which I own ).
What about the sound clips from something as far back as Super Fire Convoy and God Magnus from the Car Robots toyline?

Or wait, what about the Kenzan, Gekisoumaru, and Optimus ExPrime toys' clips from the Go! line? Didn't that Optimus toy come out before he appeared in that form in that cartoon?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON