This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:37 am

Some more info from the other board:

Here is the original link that shows how the leg of mp36 Megatron got broken.
It is said that we should loosen the screw in thigh a bit to avoid it. But, which screws are these?

Open the two black flaps over his butt to expose a screw, give it about a 1/4 turn to loosen. Legs will transform fine then.

Thanks. Would this help to pull down the legs easily during transformation to gun?

Yep, that's exactly what loosening that screw will affect. (the hips coming down)
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:39 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
SpaceKaseJase wrote:My Megatron is on its way, so I have no idea whether there will be QC issues with it or not. My biggest concern is whether or not Takara will fix/replace these figs. Doubt the vendor will considering this happens during transformation. Anyone contacted Takara yet? I'm currently working in my brain how repairs can be made should this happen to my fig. Perhaps those more talented than I can begin creating 3d printed replacement parts a-la Shapeways. I only paid $167 USD for mine (with shipping), but I still feel it is WAY overpriced considering the QC issues. $230 is friggin highway robbery.

I tried contacting Takara once for a production error on Legends Blackarachnia and it was a nightmare. Their customer service is only Japanese since they are not responsible for distribution outside of Japan.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby DeathReviews » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:43 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
I regrettably cancelled my pre-order. After waiting so long for a decent MP Megatron, I do not want to be burned by a faulty one that breaks and damages easy under normal handling. Too bad, it LOOKED good.....
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 am

this is something I've been very worried about with megs since getting the beastwars mps. both are loosing paint due to transformation, but in cheetor's case specifically every componant is covered in pain wich is causing huge tolerance issues, nearly breaking one hip and one shoulder. was able to work some magic to save him. hopefully I will be able to do the same with megs. might need to shave the paint down on some pegs and connections. not sure if the barrel shown in the pic would be something fixable though. mine should be in monday so I will find out

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby ZeroGFrame » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 am

DeathReviews wrote:I regrettably cancelled my pre-order. After waiting so long for a decent MP Megatron, I do not want to be burned by a faulty one that breaks and damages easy under normal handling. Too bad, it LOOKED good.....

Or just don't transform him. I got the first MP Megs, and Apollyon, and never actually transformed either of them due to complexity and damage concerns (I keep them all in bot mode anyway). These are great warnings, but honestly MP figures aren't meant to be "played" with. They're for collectors, and meant to look good and that's all.
ZeroGFrame
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:51 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeroGFrame wrote:but honestly MP figures aren't meant to be "played" with. They're for collectors, and meant to look good and that's all.

MP 10 and Wheeljack are a blast to play with and are as durable as any other TF figure.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Bumblebee21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:55 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroGFrame wrote:but honestly MP figures aren't meant to be "played" with. They're for collectors, and meant to look good and that's all.

MP 10 and Wheeljack are a blast to play with and are as durable as any other TF figure.

yeah. these are toys. if they werent meant to transform then they should be statues.
they are called transformers for a reason.
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:57 am

william-james88 wrote:

agreed. most of my mp figures post mp10 have been quite playable. soundwave being the exception. im so worried about breaking his legs, and lazerbeak and ravage both broke immediately out of the package

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster

Postby Bumblebee21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am

Immortal Starscream wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

agreed. most of my mp figures post mp10 have been quite playable. soundwave being the exception. im so worried about breaking his legs, and lazerbeak and ravage both broke immediately out of the package

you got a bad soundwave then
which version
My collection

Bumblebee21
Gestalt

Postby SpaceKaseJase » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:02 am

Was thinking of an idea to fix the broken post issues. Since each one tends to have some plastic either behind or surrounding the base (where it is broken), perhaps using a tap and die with the correct size could work. Drill out the broken base (not all the way through, of course), then use a tap to create threads in the hole. Next, find (or shape) a nylon cylinder that will fit the hole. Use a die with the same thread count as the tap and form threads around the cylinder. Screw the post into place using epoxy to prevent "unscrewing" when turning the part around the post. The nylon would never snap, and the threads and epoxy should prevent twisting and pulling from the base. Voila! Would welcome other (or better) ideas.
LMKWYT
SpaceKaseJase
Micromaster

Postby Diem » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 am

If anyone needs help with contacting Takara about this in Japanese please PM me (my Japanese isn't amazing or anything but I should be able to get the point across). The more they hear back about this the more likely it is that there could be a running change fixing issues, as with MP-09, and at the risk of profiling, American and European consumers are a lot better at getting complaints heard than the Japanese.

Personally speaking I'm glad there's a good reason to hold off on this figure (since I can't afford it right now) but this sucks for anyone who's already bought it.

I'd definitely be interested to know if this is the result of actual design flaws, or just individual QC issues. These things can get blown out of proportion, but the MP line has had its fatal flaws before...
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Bumblebee21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:05 am

the gun barrel breakage is from the silencer being too tight
My collection

Bumblebee21
Gestalt

Postby Immortal Starscream » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:06 am

Bumblebee21 wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

you got a bad soundwave then
which version

first release takara. im sure the legs are fine, but they are held on with such small thin plastic posts im just worried about man-handling them. but ravage all but crumbled, like G.P.S.. lazerbeaks pin joints in his thrusters were so tight they split apart

Immortal Starscream
Headmaster

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:28 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
My Megatron came in this morning. After handling and transforming him, I haven't had any major QC issues aside from very, very minute scuffing of the barrel from applying the silencer. I'm just in love with this thing.

I would've waited an eternity for this [display]...
Attachments
IMG_1746.JPG
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby frogbat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:40 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Mindmaster wrote:My Megatron came in this morning. After handling and transforming him, I haven't had any major QC issues aside from very, very minute scuffing of the barrel from applying the silencer. I'm just in love with this thing.

that's an awesome display

i was very eager to get this guy but the price is a bit too much at the moment. I hope that he will be re released and soemof these QC issues get sorted...
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
And this is one reason that puts me off buying the few Masterpiece figures I do like the look of (such as Shockwave, does he have any QC issues?) You'd think for the crazy costs of these figures they could have great quality control.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby cruizerdave » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am

It seems that Masterpiece Megatrons are cursed! CURSED I TELL YOU!
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby First Gen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:54 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
This is extremely disheartening. At the price point I'd expect a figure thats more durable and well built, not one I gotta just leave in bot mode cause of poor design flaws. 200.00 bucks. Damn.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Diem » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:14 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:And this is one reason that puts me off buying the few Masterpiece figures I do like the look of (such as Shockwave, does he have any QC issues?) You'd think for the crazy costs of these figures they could have great quality control.

There are some individual QA issues that are just part of the nature of figures with these many parts and paint apps, and there are some issues that are endemic to the line (like diecast metal shedding paint more easily than plastic does) but these are the only widely known issues that I am aware of:
MP-5 Megatron - easily snapped plastic clips, rust-like discolouration on feet.
MP-8 Grimlock - original release had a screw inside the leg that rubbed chrome off the tail when transformed into robot mode. Most if not all later releases corrected this.
MP-08 Rodimus Prime - Paint easily rubbed off spoiler, leg joints break easily, shoulders break easily (US version). The paint issue was fixed, the other issues apply to all releases of this mold that I know of.

And, well, this Megatron apparently.

If anyone knows of any other issues do please correct me.
Diem
City Commander

Postby Kyleor » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:16 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
If a new out of the box product breaks during normal usage, that's a defective product that the manufacturer needs to fix the issues with and replace.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8
Skill: 4

Postby EmirateXaaron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 am

Motto: "Becoming the physical body of Primus really lowers your life-expectancy."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
All these reports coming in about breakage is really making me reconsider my preorder. My budget's already tight enough as-is, and I really don't want to put all of my Masterpiece savings into something that is susecptible to breakage. Is there any alternative Decepticons people can recommend? Shockwave looks really cool. I've also been debating on picking up Ultra Magnus, as he's one of my favorite Autobots.
EmirateXaaron
Minibot
News Credits: 6
Buy from EmirateXaaron on eBay
Alt Mode: Space tank
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Postby Diem » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 am

EmirateXaaron wrote:All these reports coming in about breakage is really making me reconsider my preorder. My budget's already tight enough as-is, and I really don't want to put all of my Masterpiece savings into something that is susecptible to breakage. Is there any alternative Decepticons people can recommend? Shockwave looks really cool. I've also been debating on picking up Ultra Magnus, as he's one of my favorite Autobots.

Shockwave and Ultra Magnus are both very solid figures, literally and figuratively. Neither of them have any "Oh my god how did they engineer THAT" moments like some other entries in the line but they both get the job done perfectly well. I love the two but some other people have raised some small complaints: UM's trailer doesn't turn into a smaller white Optimus Prime (instead it integrates into the transformation, to the extent that you don't need to partsform anything during his transformation) and SW is a paler shade of purple than some people expected and the logo on his chest is a (owner-applied) sticker rather than a tampograph.
Diem
City Commander

Postby ZeroGFrame » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:41 am

william-james88 wrote:

That is true, and Shockwave and Soundwave are both great for that too! I guess I overgeneralized, sorry. ^_^
But the point of the MPs is for collectors, and this one in particular strikes me primarily as a display piece, with a ludicrous amount of complexity (they never seem to get Megs right), so I'd just say keep him in Bot mode if you're worried about it.
ZeroGFrame
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroGFrame » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:46 am

Mindmaster wrote:My Megatron came in this morning. After handling and transforming him, I haven't had any major QC issues aside from very, very minute scuffing of the barrel from applying the silencer. I'm just in love with this thing.

Did yours have the barrel plug? If so, can you comment on it? I see it's not there in the photo.
ZeroGFrame
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroGFrame » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am

Diem wrote:
EmirateXaaron wrote:All these reports coming in about breakage is really making me reconsider my preorder. My budget's already tight enough as-is, and I really don't want to put all of my Masterpiece savings into something that is susecptible to breakage. Is there any alternative Decepticons people can recommend? Shockwave looks really cool. I've also been debating on picking up Ultra Magnus, as he's one of my favorite Autobots.

Shockwave and Ultra Magnus are both very solid figures, literally and figuratively. Neither of them have any "Oh my god how did they engineer THAT" moments like some other entries in the line but they both get the job done perfectly well. I love the two but some other people have raised some small complaints: UM's trailer doesn't turn into a smaller white Optimus Prime (instead it integrates into the transformation, to the extent that you don't need to partsform anything during his transformation) and SW is a paler shade of purple than some people expected and the logo on his chest is a (owner-applied) sticker rather than a tampograph.

Agreed. Both are fantastic, and the rare MPs I actually "play" with.
ZeroGFrame
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON