This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy MP-36 Megatron Discussion Thread

Postby Logan. » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:55 am

Motto: "Our passions are life"
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Pistol
My gallery for you ;)

Logan.
Headmaster
News Credits: 34

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Straight from the horses mouth. As IHD admitted, once you have the actual item in hand, you get to understand why. So for future releases, albeit expensive route or risky to allow it to sell out and cost more on the 2ndary market, reserve judgement on a product.

Ever wonder that some incidences of damage was probably due to the language barrier?

Anyway, whoever the primary engineer on this project was, he deserves a ;)^ ;)^ ;)^ ;)^ ;)^ out of 5.If he was the guy behind IH and ratchet, then all the more and not surprising.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby galvatron00 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Great pics Logan, as per usual ;)^ :APPLAUSE:
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby nycPrime » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:20 pm

I finally got around to transforming Megs into gun mode. Nothing new to add, but will echo a lot of the comments from others. The gun has too many panels for my liking, but it does look nice. It's cool that the hammer and safety also work. There are some cool transformation steps, such as the legs compressing, but overall it's the biggest pain in the ass transformation. I hate all the times you gotta wiggle a bunch of moving parts in unison to get things to tab well. And because of all the news of paint chipping, I tried to be super careful, which meant it took even longer. Even so, I accidentally chipped the paint in a spot or 2. Nothing too bad, but it is annoying. I'm going to leave it in gun mode for a few days until I can muster the energy to transform him back, and he'll probably be in bot mode semi-permanently.

And maybe I have OCD, but I examined Megs before I attempted the transformation, and did notice a few paint scuffs. This paint issue is definitely a bummer. I think someone here mentioned they used a sharpie to "fix" it. I'm too chicken to do that, but I would love to see the end result.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:24 pm

nycPrime wrote:I finally got around to transforming Megs into gun mode. Nothing new to add, but will echo a lot of the comments from others. The gun has too many panels for my liking, but it does look nice. It's cool that the hammer and safety also work. There are some cool transformation steps, such as the legs compressing, but overall it's the biggest pain in the ass transformation. I hate all the times you gotta wiggle a bunch of moving parts in unison to get things to tab well. And because of all the news of paint chipping, I tried to be super careful, which meant it took even longer. Even so, I accidentally chipped the paint in a spot or 2. Nothing too bad, but it is annoying. I'm going to leave it in gun mode for a few days until I can muster the energy to transform him back, and he'll probably be in bot mode semi-permanently.

And maybe I have OCD, but I examined Megs before I attempted the transformation, and did notice a few paint scuffs. This paint issue is definitely a bummer. I think someone here mentioned they used a sharpie to "fix" it. I'm too chicken to do that, but I would love to see the end result.

Don't use a sharpie. Especially of the gray silver parts. It's got solvents and may further damage the default paint site where the chipping happened.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:01 am

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:19 am

Cyberpath wrote:

Frank Springer.......... :x
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Logan. » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:16 am

Motto: "Our passions are life"
Weapon: X-Ray Laser Pistol
Thanks Itscramtastic!^^
Logan.
Headmaster
News Credits: 34

Postby sol magnus » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Just got my Megatron. He is intact, with no paint chips left in his clamshell, nor any missing paint I can find on the figure.

He is, in a word "splendid".
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:42 am

sol magnus wrote:Just got my Megatron. He is intact, with no paint chips left in his clamshell, nor any missing paint I can find on the figure.

So most of the previous negativity were broad generalizations then? Surprise surprise :lol: I wonder why :???:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby nycPrime » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:14 am

fenrir72 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Just got my Megatron. He is intact, with no paint chips left in his clamshell, nor any missing paint I can find on the figure.

So most of the previous negativity were broad generalizations then? Surprise surprise :lol: I wonder why :???:

I don't know how prevalent the paint issue is out the box. But based on my personal experience, I imagine it's near impossible to transform the figure and not suffer some scuffs. Too many moving parts that may rub against each other, and a few areas where brute force may be required.
nycPrime
Headmaster

Postby sol magnus » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:31 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
nycPrime wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

I don't know how prevalent the paint issue is out the box. But based on my personal experience, I imagine it's near impossible to transform the figure and not suffer some scuffs. Too many moving parts that may rub against each other, and a few areas where brute force may be required.

With the complexity of the transformation, I can totally see that being possible. I won't be transforming mine, however, just playing around in robot mode (as I display my figures in that mode).
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:13 am

So it took me about 2hrs (at least) the first time to transform him to gun mode. Not nearly as long getting him back to robot; but definitely scarier trying to pop panels off (versus compressing them). I agree with everyone that it'd be near impossible to not get paint scraping.... I do think the instructions could have been clear-er about the shoulder transformation... even with videos I had to rewind a few times.

Some excessive for was required for some very tight pins... and reading the advice about the hips... I'd completely removed the screw... and still had to tug harder than I wanted to dislodge them the first time....

Despite all that I think he might be my new favorite MP... he just oozes character and style.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Fox Thiagarajan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Motto: "Our greatest resource is each other."
Weapon: Snow Laser
Received mine today. So far so good. Haven't transformed him but I'll def take my time and care once I work up the courage. I've only posed him a little bit and I think he is the best figure I own at this point. :D :CON:
Fox Thiagarajan
Pretender
Alt Mode: Red Mazda 343
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Skill: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Drift082111 wrote:Received mine today. So far so good. Haven't transformed him but I'll def take my time and care once I work up the courage. I've only posed him a little bit and I think he is the best figure I own at this point. :D :CON:

So looking at his face, it don't look too long yes? I heard previous criticisms of it being too "long" when actually it seems to be just an optical illusion which makes it just perfect.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Fox Thiagarajan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Drift082111 wrote:Received mine today. So far so good. Haven't transformed him but I'll def take my time and care once I work up the courage. I've only posed him a little bit and I think he is the best figure I own at this point. :D :CON:

So looking at his face, it don't look too long yes? I heard previous criticisms of it being too "long" when actually it seems to be just an optical illusion which makes it just perfect.

It doesn't look too long to me as well. Also, I'm a huge fan of cartoon accuracy so even if it was I'd still rate him as a 10. :-D
Fox Thiagarajan
Pretender

Postby MrBlack » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Finally got around to transforming it.

It's a complex transformation and VERY long, but not particularly hard. I consulted a video review while transforming it to gun mode, to make up for some of the weaker parts of the instructions, but I only glanced at the instructions twice when transforming it back. There are a couple of nerve-wracking parts, but for the most part it isn't bad so long as you're patient. I did have to loosen the screw behind the hips to get them into place properly, but it may not have been necessary. I just didn't want to risk breaking anything.

I did scuff a bit of paint, although it was purely my own fault. The silencer DID scuff some paint on the barrel, so definitely be careful of that.

In sum, it's not nearly as daunting a transformation as I expected. It is complex, and it is long, but none of it is really that hard, and everything pegged in well in gun mode. It's not a figure I'll transform very often, but I think it will get a lot easier over time.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Drift082111 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

It doesn't look too long to me as well. Also, I'm a huge fan of cartoon accuracy so even if it was I'd still rate him as a 10. :-D

This!From a bonafide owner.

Envy you as mine is still stock somewhere in Tokyo since April 5,2017. :(
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Fox Thiagarajan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:00 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Drift082111 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

This!From a bonafide owner.

Envy you as mine is still stock somewhere in Tokyo since April 5,2017. :(

That's brutal. Hope you can get a hold of him asap. I'm staring at him as he stands on my desk as I'm holding my second born son. He's 2 months old. Hoping he loves Megatron as much my 3 year od. :-? :BOT: :CON:
Fox Thiagarajan
Pretender

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:24 pm

As far as the silencer goes, it did scratch the iron-sight a little bit. I haven't pushed it flush to the gun's chamber due to the rumors of the barrel breaking. I'm not going to lie that I'm nervous of the barrel coming off at some point if one isn't careful. I almost feel it needing to "swivel" was not necessary. I do wish that whole assembly was die cast.

I may look into taking the "inner" barrel-plug clip out of the silencer. I think that was mentioned in either a review video/prior comment.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby nycPrime » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:29 pm

MrBlack wrote:Finally got around to transforming it.

It's a complex transformation and VERY long, but not particularly hard. I consulted a video review while transforming it to gun mode, to make up for some of the weaker parts of the instructions, but I only glanced at the instructions twice when transforming it back. There are a couple of nerve-wracking parts, but for the most part it isn't bad so long as you're patient. I did have to loosen the screw behind the hips to get them into place properly, but it may not have been necessary. I just didn't want to risk breaking anything.

I did scuff a bit of paint, although it was purely my own fault. The silencer DID scuff some paint on the barrel, so definitely be careful of that.

In sum, it's not nearly as daunting a transformation as I expected. It is complex, and it is long, but none of it is really that hard, and everything pegged in well in gun mode. It's not a figure I'll transform very often, but I think it will get a lot easier over time.

I finally transformed him back to bot mode. I agree it's complex but not exactly difficult. I also have some paint scuff marks, but I don't think it's avoidable no matter how careful you are. Luckily it's not too bad and I can live with it. I also got some minor scuff marks b/c of the silencer, and I didn't even shove it in all the way.

Bottom line, the 2 modes are awesome, and it's a really fun figure with all the accessories. But the transformation, which is already not fun at all, is so much worse when you're worried about the delicate paint.
nycPrime
Headmaster

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:32 pm

for what it's worth, paint scuffing helps make his "final battle" form EVEN MORE ACCURATE! :BOOM:
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby RustedCross » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:47 pm

IMG_4075.JPG

Got mine today. Even with the orange plug, he looks awesome.
Transformation was difficult. But having watched it on YouTube, I knew to be careful. I loosened the screw for the legs (which I recommend), and that helped with the hip transformation. The only real problem was the part where you rotate the gun barrel down on the back. I had to slowly apply pressure to get the barrel to get past the ridges. After the initial transformation, it's no longer an issue.

No paint chips here.

This figure is awesome.
"Waspinator find spider-bot and tear him a new waste-disposal unit!"
-- Waspinator, "Other Voices"

RustedCross
Micromaster

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 am

You make the barrel plug look better than BBTS's picture. (did you get it through them?).

I forgot that Devy is basically MP scale. They all look really good together. ;)^
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby RustedCross » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:29 am

IMG_4076.JPG
Yep...ordered from BBTS.
Decided to switch faces.
Love that smile.
"Waspinator find spider-bot and tear him a new waste-disposal unit!"
-- Waspinator, "Other Voices"

RustedCross
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON