This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Untitled Transformers Bumblebee 2018 Movie Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:22 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Now the question is where they're filming (more specifically than just the U.S) because if there's a chance I could be an extra in this movie or at least see them filming, that would be awesome.
Unfortunately, I don't think they'll make the effort to go shoot any scenes all the way on Yavin IV. :P

If it means we get to see an X-Wing Transformer, I'll have to talk to someone at paramount! :lol:
So too will Lucas Arts, for the infringement of their IP. :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

More Details on Transformers Bumblebee 2018 Spin-off: 1985 Setting, Irong Giant Tone, Female Lead

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:22 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
After with the confirmation of Hailee Steinfeld for the Bumblebee spin-off movie from Paramount's Transformers series, we have more information on the time setting (confirmed as 1985) and general feel of the project, directly from producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura. Check out some snippets below, and the full piece and video over on Collider!

Collider’s own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura at the press day for The Last Knight, and he teased a distinctive film while confirming that Bumblebee will indeed take place in the 1980s:

“I know we’re doing a spinoff first in the Bumblebee movie, and that is a very distinctive departure from what you’ve been seeing so far… The objective of that movie is to develop more time with less robots in a way, and to go back to 1985 and go back to sort of the original heritage if you would of the Transformers. G1.”

[..]

As for the “less Transformers” line, di Bonaventura stresses the distinctiveness of Bumblebee, and just focusing on just one or two Transformers in the course of a film will be a very different kind of dynamic from the previous movies:

“There are dramatically less Transformers. We hired purposefully Travis Knight, who is a very distinct filmmaker. You can’t compete with Michael—you’re gonna lose. And also I think the audience wants something different all the time, let’s keep them interested. They’re gonna get a very emotionally complex story, a very tight story in terms of its location and in terms of its storytelling.”

[..]

“In fact it reminds me a little bit of Iron Giant years ago when I did that movie at Warner Bros. It just reminds me a little bit of that where it was very contained and yet it didn’t feel small.”
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:38 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
If we're taking a somewhat Iron Giant view of this movie, i am excited. I loved Iron Giant
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:If we're taking a somewhat Iron Giant view of this movie, i am excited. I loved Iron Giant

I cant watch that film anymore, I am afraid I will cry at the end as I did as a child. And I am too damn old to cry [-(

Superman

:-(
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:52 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:If we're taking a somewhat Iron Giant view of this movie, i am excited. I loved Iron Giant

I cant watch that film anymore, I am afraid I will cry at the end as I did as a child. And I am too damn old to cry [-(

Superman

I am not a gun
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Deadput » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
william-james88 wrote:

Superman

The only kids film I still enjoy as much now as I did when I was a child.

It was a damn good film and I do wish more films would take after it.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Know who directed that movie? Brad Bird, whom I keep suggesting as a successor for Bay.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Transformers: Bumblebee 2018 Starts Shooting in August, Maybe Sixth Film in 2019

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 pm

With Transformers: The Last Knight reaching cinemas worldwide (mostly, does not apply in Japan and other regions) this weekend, we delve into the other movie in the Paramount Universe: Bumblebee! Courtesy of Screenrant and producer Lorenzo diBonaventura, we know that the movie starring Hailee Steinfeld will start shooting this August - with plans for a sixth movie in the linear series to *maybe* happen in 2019.

In our exclusive interview with Transformers: The Last Knight producer Di Bonaventura, the premiere blockbuster filmmaker told us that filming on Bumblebee will begin this August, followed by an expected theatrical release later next summer. Exclusive:

“Well we’re going to shoot a prequel actually, a Bumblebee movie, which starts in August, so next summer we’ll see a Bumblebee movie. And then we hope to have another Transformers movie the following summer.“

[...]

“Look, I always wait for the audience, because there’s an arrogance to getting ahead of your audience. When you do, you get punched. So we’ll wait each time. We’re planning a lot of movies, but you’ve got to have the audience’s support, because these movies are very expensive.“

There is a possibility that the studio is waiting for more information on box office performance for The Last Knight, not off to a great start as of yet. Read the whole piece here!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Anyone else thinkin that this movie will just be as bad as all the other live action TF ones? coz Bay's still involved in it in some capacity
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

More Information of Transformers: Bumblebee 2018 Movie: VW Bug Teased, Story

Postby Va'al » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:26 am

After the previous confirmation of the movie being set in the 1980s, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura also teased Bumblebee's possible incarnation in the movie as the traditional G1 Volkswagen Beetle model - though obviously take it with as much salt as you can grab.

“You might even see a VW Bug,” Transformers producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura tells EW. “You never know.”

The producer also talked more about the story of the movie, and why now is the best time to work within the Paramount/Hasbro shared universe, name-dropping a couple of other toy franchises as he went.

“The interesting thing about doing a spin-off is it has to have some familiarity with the franchise, and then it has to have its own distinct qualities for it to stand on its own,” di Bonaventura says. After that, Paramount is trying to see if Transformers — and a few other Hasbro toy properties, like M.A.S.K. — can become part of an expanded universe.

Obviously, the Bumblebee film serves as a kind of prequel to the Bay movies.

“It’s the story of a 17-, 18-year-old girl who, through a series of events, she and Bumblebee find each other, and they make each other whole,” di Bonaventura said. “Bumblebee’s a very loving character. He’s got a lot of heart, so of course the idyllic life of these two is interrupted by the evil Decepticons. And how are they going to be able to deal with the problem without Optimus and without everybody else?”

The full piece can be found here, and is best served accompanied by this previous interview too!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:33 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Stuartmaximus wrote:Anyone else thinkin that this movie will just be as bad as all the other live action TF ones? coz Bay's still involved in it in some capacity

In what way is Bay involved? There's a completely different director this time around and I doubt they'd get him for screenwriting or character design or anything. Even if he was there it's not like his presence poisons any chance of a movie being good -- the dude's not Pat Lee, he's just a director that has no new tricks up his sleeves.

Still, the movie could easily be as bad as the rest of them. But given that there is a new director and it's animated, it's the only one I have hope of being good.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:58 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Kurona wrote:In what way is Bay involved? There's a completely different director this time around and I doubt they'd get him for screenwriting or character design or anything. Even if he was there it's not like his presence poisons any chance of a movie being good -- the dude's not Pat Lee, he's just a director that has no new tricks up his sleeves.

Still, the movie could easily be as bad as the rest of them. But given that there is a new director and it's animated, it's the only one I have hope of being good.

If you haven't realised by now, people will blame Bay for anything he is even remotely associated with.

Look at the last two TMNT movies. They were panned by fans and he was blamed even though he was only a Producer. Not a Director, not a Writer, PRODUCER. But like always, the Bay-haters blamed him.

And with him lined up to be a Producer on the Bumblebee movie, he will once again shoulder the blame by those fanboys who need to seriously grow the hell up.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby dragons » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:51 am

Well if people hate solo bumblebee movie bay can't take credit for this fans always wanted new director what's the saying be carful what you wish for fans cried about it over years now you got it wait and see if fans will hate or like this movie without bay involved in it
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Desslok2201 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:58 am

Peg-warmer: The Movie!
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:08 am

dragons wrote:Well if people hate solo bumblebee movie bay can't take credit for this fans always wanted new director what's the saying be carful what you wish for fans cried about it over years now you got it wait and see if fans will hate or like this movie without bay involved in it

Well... he IS involved it to some degree, now I know he's the producer or in the running to be the producer of the movie.

Either way, Bay is actually the biggest problem I had with the movies. Were there other problems outside of his directing? Oh god yes. Terrible, overly-complex and messy plots filled with horrifically annoying unlikable obnoxious characters proved the screenwriters certainly weren't up to snuff, but you know what? Usually in an action movie I could at least come and away and say "well, at least the action is good". But... the action wasn't good after the first one. It quickly became apparent that Bay really had nothing new to show us and was just repeating his same tricks over and over -- it certainly didn't help that his directing style itself was as all-over-the-place and as messy as the screenwriting, making sure I had no idea what was going on and ensuring I couldn't even make out anything that was happening. It was very, very sloppy and lazy and showed he didn't have a good grasp on how to create a movie.

So, yeah, a new director is awesome news to me. Maybe it'll turn out terrible either way but it's the only time I've felt a smidgen of hope for this movie series.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:03 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Kurona wrote:But given that there is a new director and it's animated,

Eh :???:

Animated :???:

i thought it were live action :-? unless you are thinking of Transformers One

&

Kurona wrote:In what way is Bay involved?

Kurona wrote:Well... he IS involved it to some degree, now I know he's the producer or in the running to be the producer of the movie.

didn't you just contradict yourself there :-?
Last edited by Stuartmaximus on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:06 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Okay, that's enough of the Bay-bashing. Seriously. It's the same old **** over and over again. It's been going on for 10 years and he's still here. Enough. Talk about Bumblebee and the movie.

Honestly I hope Bee won't have a VW alt mode, or if he does it's at the beginning for a few minutes. I liked the 1977 Camaro from the 1st film so I would like to see it come back.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:33 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:
Kurona wrote:
&

Kurona wrote:Well... he IS involved it to some degree, now I know he's the producer or in the running to be the producer of the movie.

Look at Burn's reply to me.

Either way, VW Bug sounds cute -- I'm surprised VW are letting them get away with it though.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:I liked the 1977 Camaro from the 1st film so I would like to see it come back.

See, this is what I want to see. I want to see Bee with the 71 Camaro. It was cool, and it would fit him having it for like 2 decades
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I liked the 1977 Camaro from the 1st film so I would like to see it come back.

See, this is what I want to see. I want to see Bee with the 71 Camaro. It was cool, and it would fit him having it for like 2 decades
I can't decide if it would be better to have the movie end in the 80s and leave room for a sequel or if it should end with Bee following Sam and his dad to Bolivia's car dealership.

Either way if the majority takes place in the 80s I hope the movie will have a kickass 80s soundtrack instead of the worthless garbage the movies have gotten since DoTM.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Burn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:19 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Stuartmaximus wrote:&

That's pretty cool there where you completely disregard my post where I answered the question for Kurona.

Boy do you look silly now. :lol:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Hailee Steinfeld on Transformers: Bumblebee Role, Starts Shooting Soon

Postby Va'al » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:41 am

We have some new information about the soon to start shooting Bumblebee spin-off movie, courtesy of a number of appearances of its lead actor Hailee Steinfeld! Speaking to ET Canada, she mentioned that preparation and acceptance of the role came via her brother, an avid movieverse Transformers fan.

“My brother is to blame for introducing me to ‘Transformers’,” Steinfeld jokingly explains. “I’m like, ‘Finally, I get to make a movie for my brother!’ He loves ‘Pitch Perfect’, but he’s kind of like, ‘Where’s the action? Where’s the cars?’ So yeah, I’m really excited.”

While with B96, attending the Pepsi Summer Bash, Steinfeld talked about preparation and the beginning of the filming process - which is apparently ahead of schedule than what we initially heard about. See more about it below!

Bailee dished about her upcoming role in the movie Bumblebee, which is a spin-off to Transformers.

“So it is the spinoff to Transformers and we start shooting in a couple of weeks,” she said.

How is she preparing for the role? Binge-watching all the movies as a point of reference.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Microraptor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:10 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
I have high hopes for this project.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+

Postby reluctantyouth » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:15 pm

I have some hope but not high. This young lady at least has a little range in her acting ability. Take a look at True Grit (2010) and Edge of Seventeen (2016). As far as the story focusing on just a couple of bots...I'll believe it when I see it. I'm more hyped about the movie being set in 80s with 80s soundtrack and seeing Bee maybe in Volkswagen form before going 70s camaro on us. Let's see what Travis Knight can do with a most likely mediocre at best script. :POPCORN:
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Rumoured First Set Images from Transformers Bumblebee 2018 Movie

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Bumblebee spin-off movie 2018. Let the rumour mill begin.

As previously seen in interviews reported here, the shooting for the next Paramount Transformers movie - the Bumblebee solo film - is indeed starting, as confirmed by lead actor Hailee Steinfeld on her Instagram account.

But in more specifically rumour-ous news updates, Instagram users bi0z0_yt and arun09345 report what might be - though please note we don't actually know if any of this is confirmed - a first set of cars to be used in the movie production, in Virginia. The Bel Air (yellow) is not a Transformer, but a project car for Hailee Steinfeld's mechanic character, but the red car reportedly might be. Also rumoured were a director's chair with a Paramount logo and that the vehicles were shipped by trucks, as was also seen for The Last Knight. Check them out, grab your bags of salt, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg DEC220767"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed GOLD FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC211 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC270 5C"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC209 Green Lantern"
ALL-AMERICAN COMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #121 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230703"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC804 123A"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #58 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC204 Penguin (CA)Ray+more"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #407 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC216 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #407 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #253 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg DEC230717 (CA) Leonardi"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC209 404A (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #4 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 JAN240934"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON