This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers Bumblebee 2018 Movie Receives $22M California Tax Credit

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:17 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As part of the scheme to prevent production companies to employ studios and shooting locations abroad, we have news that the Paramount Bumblebee movie currently starting production has received a tax credit of $22M for its location in LA and California more widely - currently the biggest for a movie production. You can read more about it below!

In a major boon to local production, “Bumblebee,” the spinoff movie from Paramount’s “Transformers” franchise, will shoot in California with the help of a $22-million tax credit.

It’s the largest tax break awarded to date under a state program aimed at curbing so-called runaway production.

The new movie will film entirely in California, according to a Paramount spokesman. Production is expected to take place in the Los Angeles area as well as in Northern California, according to two people familiar with the project who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The production, described only in state records as the “Untitled Paramount Project,” has received preliminary approval to receive a state tax credit of $22 million, according to the California Film Commission.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Untitled Transformers Bumblebee 2018 Movie Thread

Postby MGrotusque » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 am

I just hope with all the extra money they're saving with this tax credit they can treat the pre production crews well. Most shows really like to kick around the pre production crews pretty hard with unreasonable work schedules and conditions and blame it on budget issues.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Rumoured Castings for Transformers Bumblebee Movie: Drucker, Quinn, Crow, Hoyos, Dzienny

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:33 am

Via fellow Seibertronian SnoopDawg, we have some potential casting choices for the Paramount Bumblebee prequel, already starring Hailee Steinfeld and Jorge Lendenborg Jr, as featured in The Hollywood Reporter. This looks to be an extremely young cast indeed, and with Spielberg reportedly involved in the production again, it looks like Paramount is shifting its efforts on a more targeted audience. Check out more info below!

Paramount's Transformers spinoff Bumblebee is quickly rounding out its cast, adding a handful of young actors including Jason Drucker, Abby Quinn, Rachel Crow, Ricardo Hoyos and Gracie Dzienny, who are in various stages of negotiations.

[...]

The film will clearly feature a slew of young rising stars: Drucker was most recently seen in Fox’s reboot Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul. He’s repped by Coast to Coast and Industry Entertainment.

Hoyos starred on Degrassi: Next Class and also was seen in The Belko Experiment. He’s repped by Industry Entertainment.

Quinn starred opposite Jenny Slate in Gillian Robespierre's Landline, which played at Sundance and hits theaters on July 21. She also stars opposite Joey King in Radium Girls. She’s repped by CAA and Rebecca Kitt & Associates.

Crow has appeared on the TV shows BrainSurge, Big Time Rush and Figure It Out and voiced Carla in the animated film Rio 2. She’s repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.

Dzienny’s credits include TV series Zoo and Chasing Life. She’s repped by Innovative Artists and Inphenate.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Deadput » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
...who?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:53 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Deadput wrote:...who?

You dont know Snoop Dog?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Optimum Supreme » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
He clearly is talking about every single human in this movie. On the bright side, if every one is an unknown nobody, maybe it will focus better on the robits than goofy parents or humping dogs. :michaelbay:
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby Deadput » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Optimum Supreme wrote:He clearly is talking about every single human in this movie. On the bright side, if every one is an unknown nobody, maybe it will focus better on the robits than goofy parents or humping dogs. :michaelbay:

Should also mean a lower budget that should be put into more robot screen time since their not hiring a bunch of celebrities.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Optimum Supreme wrote:He clearly is talking about every single human in this movie. On the bright side, if every one is an unknown nobody, maybe it will focus better on the robits than goofy parents or humping dogs. :michaelbay:

But werent those humping dogs unknown back then too? Before their big break I mean.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Microraptor » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
So this is gonna be very high-school. That's cool, Bumblebee is a kid-appeal character so it makes sense to have him hang with kids.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby SnoopDawg » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Motto: ""Give me your face!""
Weapon: Neutron Rifle
william-james88 wrote:
Deadput wrote:...who?

You dont know Snoop Dog?

Yeah, you know ... that rapper guy. He's gonna be in the movie :lol:
SnoopDawg
Mini-Con
News Credits: 5
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I'm hoping the new creative team can pull something good out. I have hopes for the film, Iron Giant style with a few robots and a new setting all included
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

“Transformers Universe: Bumblebee” Casting Call For Speaking Roles & Extras

Postby WreckerJack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Casting directors are looking for a voice talent for the extra speaking roles in Paramout Pictures' upcoming Transformers Universe: Bumblebee. Filming will begin on July 31, 2017 according to this article. If you are thinking about applying, have a look at casting call information!

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Deadput » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Being a voice actor is something I've wanted to do but I'm sure their looking for more experienced actors.

Plus you got to pay to be a member of the site to apply.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Transformers Bumblebee Movie's Production Name Revealed

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Omega Underground has gotten word of some of the details of the Bumblebee film. The production title will be "Brighton Falls" according to Omega Underground. While this name does not give us many clues as to what the movie might be about, the article does give us some eye-opening hints.

From what we are told, Hailee Steinfeld will have a starring role as a tomboy who has a job as a mechanic after school. This may not tell us much by itself, but combined with what producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has hinted in the past about taking inspiration from the animated Iron Giant film we can ponder some ideas.

“There are dramatically less Transformers. We hired purposefully Travis Knight, who is a very distinct filmmaker. You can’t compete with Michael, you’re gonna lose. And also I think the audience wants something different all the time, let’s keep them interested. They’re gonna get a very emotionally complex story, a very tight story in terms of its location and in terms of its storytelling. In fact it reminds me a little bit of ‘Iron Giant’ years ago when I did that movie at Warner Bros. It just reminds me a little bit of that where it was very contained and yet it didn’t feel small.”

If you are interested in the new Bumblebee film, please have a look here!

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295

Postby Deadput » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:41 pm

RIP Brighton he was the best character in the franchise.

Say hello to Nitro Zeus for me.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Deadput wrote:Being a voice actor is something I've wanted to do but I'm sure their looking for more experienced actors.

Plus you got to pay to be a member of the site to apply.

It wouldn't hurt to apply. Follow your dreams! :D
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Universe: Bumblebee Live-Action Movie Thread

Postby Bronzewolf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Thanks to Seibertronian SnoopDawg, we know that the Hollywood Reporter is, well, reporting that the upcoming Bumblebee Spinoff Film will have a extremely small budget of only $70 Million. This comes in at one third of the budget for The Last Knight, which strained Paramount's wallets at an estimated $217-$270 million. Here's the excerpt from the HW article, but read the full write up
here!

Now, Paramount is cutting costs. Its Bumblebee spin-off is pegged at $70 million-plus (according to sources), compared to Last Knight's $217 million.

A younger cast, headed by Hailee Steinfeld, 20, will be directed by Travis Knight when filming starts in August. The story, centered on the yellow bot, will be set in 1987.
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby breacher » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Motto: ""tank beats everything!""
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
The more I see about this movie the less it interests me.

Low-budget

A bunch of C-list actors

Very few actual transformers

Do the people at Paramount actual listen to ANY criticism at all? FOR AN ENTIRE DECADE, the fans have been saying, "more transformers, less humans", and after TLK underperformed BOTH critically and financially, they make this. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up putting the final nail in the coffin for this franchise.

However, If we finally get Cliffjumper, I can be swayed. If they do this right, I want a hotrod-cliff-bee team against starscream, barricade, and maybe a few others. But if this is by the same "transformers universe writers room" it'll probably crash and burn. I'm of the few in the fanbase that actually likes these movies for what they are, but TLK crossed multiple lines.
breacher
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Helicopter
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
after tf5 there is no more the sky is the limit budgeting. these movies have to prove to be profitable before than can happen again.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby BERSEKAEL » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Paint it in red, make the movie about cliff jumper... kind of too much yellow already
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Pamela Adlon to Possibly Join Transformers Universe: Bumblebee

Postby Va'al » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 am

According to online magazine Deadline, there is news for the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee movie set for 2018 in terms of casting: Pamela Adlon has been eyed for the role of Hailee Steinfeld's character's mother. Nothing has been confirmed as yet, but you can read more below!

Pamela Adlon, fresh off a Best Comedy Series Actress Emmy nomination for her FX series Better Things, is in negotiations to join the cast of Bumblebee, Paramount’s first spinoff of its Transformers franchise. Kubo and the Two Strings helmer Travis Knight is directing the pic, which is being toplined by Hailee Steinfeld.

Adlon will play Steinfeld’s mother in the movie scripted by Christina Hodson. The story is mostly under wraps, but it originated from Michael Bay and Paramount’s writers room project. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Bay and Steven Spielberg are producing with Hasbro’s Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis.

Bumblebee has staked out June 8 release date.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SG Roadbuster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:04 am

sing along if you know the words folks.
"we don't care a-bout the hu-mans
we watch these movies for the ro-bots"
SG Roadbuster
Minibot

Postby Optimum Supreme » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 am

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
BERSEKAEL wrote:Paint it in red, make the movie about cliff jumper... kind of too much yellow already

You don't even have to call a red Bumblebee by any other name, red Bumblebee's been a thing since 1984.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Transformers Universe: Bumblebee To Film in Marin and San Rafael, California

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 am

Some more news on the Transformers Universe: Bumblebee live-action movie comes from various local media sources such as the Marin Independent Journal, as we learn that the movie will shoot in North Bay Area - specifically, Marin and San Rafael! We did know that California tax breaks were ready for Paramount's production, so the rumours appear founded, at least. Read more about it below, and head here for the full article!

“Bumblebee,” a spinoff from the “Transformers” film series, is the major Paramount film being shot in Marin, a Paramount spokesperson confirmed Friday.

The spokesperson, who was unnamed, declined further elaboration except to say the film is due for a summer 2018 release.

The Paramount confirmation came as other news surfaced in recent days pointing toward the film.

Deborah Albre, Marin liaison to the California Film Commission, noted that a recent Los Angeles Times story referenced “Bumblebee” as being eligible for $22 million in tax credits — the largest amount assigned to a major film since the state film tax credits program started in 2015.

“It’s pretty impressive,” Albre said of the film project’s tax credits, which are tied into the local economy through jobs and use of area resources.

Last month, Albre and other sources indicated that Paramount was planning to shoot a major feature film in Marin and was building a set in Peacock Gap area of San Rafael.

The location for “Bumblebee,” a prequel to the popular “Transformers” franchise, has been a closely held commodity.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Transformers Universe: Bumblebee - Extra Actors and Cars Casting Call

Postby Va'al » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 am

Do you own a car? Do you own, specifically, late 70s early 80s car models? You may be in luck, as there's a new casting call making the rounds on the internet for the live-action Transformers Universe: Bumblebee movie!

According to Acting-Auditions.org, who also prohibit the actual information to be posted elsewhere without permission, they're searching for 70s-80s cars except in the colours black, red, and yellow (and we've seen some of these previously) - but also small USA townfolk, military, highschoolers and minors in the Northern California area for extra and background work! Check out the link above, and good luck if you choose to apply!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MARVEL FAMILY #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 0822DC823 (W) Binder (A/CA) Beck"
MARVEL FAMILY #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #255 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg FEB240720 (CA) Frenz"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC806 123C"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GIANT-SIZE SUPER-STARS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg OCT230665 Buckler"
GIANT-SIZE SUPER-S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed PURPLE FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OMEGA MEN #3 Facsimile Edition DC Comics 2023 ptg 0623DC259 1st Lobo (CA) Giffen"
OMEGA MEN #3 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #4 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 JAN240934"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg foil Marvel Comics SEP230776 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 0923DC273 1C"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230685 (CA) Miller"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var foil Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON