Bumblebee: The Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Bumblebee: The Movie Discussion Thread

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Martin Short is cool, but I thought he retired from acting in the 90's?
Nope.

#-o Wrong Martin Short :lol:
Who else is there?

Race car driver.
AllNewSuperRobot
Combiner

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Martin Short is cool, but I thought he retired from acting in the 90's?
Nope.

#-o Wrong Martin Short :lol:
Who else is there?

Race car driver.
I sincerely doubt most people think of anyone other than the Hollywood actor/comedian when they hear about a "Martin Short" being in film/television.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Depends if you're into GT racing ;)
Acting and films aren't a big deal to everyone. It was only a half remembered interview after all, which is why I had the brain fart over the names in the first place.
AllNewSuperRobot
Combiner

Postby Windsweeper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Martin Short was great in Innerspace and Small Criminals? The one with Nick Nolte.

He was also great as the elf in the tv movie Merlin featuring Sam Neill in the lead role.

After seeing how Bay managed to make noteable actors such as John Malkovich and Anthony Hopkins cringey, I'm glad Bumblebee has a different director.
Windsweeper
Gestalt

Postby mesh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:38 pm

What a joke!

You get it? He's a comedic actor.....no disrespect to the actor himself.
Yeah, I know that was a very bad joke.

lol! :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:
mesh
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Sound editors Aadahl and Van Der Ryn Working on Bumblebee: The Movie

Postby Va'al » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:27 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks again to fellow Seibertronian westjames/notirish, we have a small piece of news concerning the crew of the Paramount live-action Transformers spin-off, Bumblebee: The Movie. In a piece about recently acclaimed A Quiet Place with Shoot Online, sound editors Ethan Van Der Ryn and Erik Aadahl revealed they are also working on the Bumblebee movie with director Travis Knight.

Van der Ryn and Aadahl are currently working on Transformers spinoff Bumblebee, a Christmas season release being directed by Travis Knight who made an auspicious helming debut with Kubo And The Two Strings.

The two have previous experience with the Transformers franchise, along with a pretty hefty resumé:

Van der Ryn and Aadahl carry an audio pedigree that was up to the script’s challenge, having teamed on a couple of Best Achievement in Sound Editing Oscar nominations--for Transformers: Dark of the Moon in 2012, and Argo the following year. Prior to connecting with Aadahl, Van der Ryn teamed with supervising sound editor Mike Hopkins to win a pair of Best Sound Editing Oscars--for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers in 2003, and King Kong in 2006.

When Van der Ryn was in L.A. for the Academy Awards as a nominee for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, he first met industry pro Aadahl who was teaching a sound class at USC. The two struck up a rapport with Van der Ryn later offering Aadahl the chance to work with him on Michael Bay’s first Transformers movie. Van der Ryn and Aadahl kept on collaborating after that, eventually making their bond official by co-founding E² Sound which originally operated out of rented sound design suites at Sony. Four years ago, E² moved to the Warner Bros. Studios lot; the sound shop has worked with assorted studios, including Universal, Fox, DreamWorks and Disney.

As we said, a brief update, but sound appreciators out there might be excited about this story!

Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Find out what's lurking in.. The Va'ault.
Va'al
News Admin
News Credits: 198
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
You save: 74%
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 53%
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
You save: 36%
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
You save: 26%
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
You save: 21%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #198 - A Night in the Studio
Twincast / Podcast #198:
"A Night in the Studio"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 15th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon