This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Bumblebee: The Movie Discussion Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Proof in the pie is in the eating! I must say, despite despising the Bayverse franchise(most especially the toys! They suck!), the first movie was arguably the BEST. This "prequel" hopefully puts to a close to the last 4 with a bang(a good one at that)!

Plotwise, do we just forget episodes 2,3, 4 and 5 did not exist :???: ) Bee here seems to be a far cry from the badass 'bot in WWII.

The director in charge does give hope (a least if the script/story is just as good and that they aren't using the same chimpanzees who wrote the last 4 movies). Kubo, Coraline were great thoughtful movies!(Though Ron Howard is also an equally great director.....just see how great Solo is in the box office 8-} )
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Va'al wrote:
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro confirmed this movie is not directly related to the previous films, it is not meant to connect to them or be part of their specific timeline.

Praise the lord.

Wait, what? We hear Bobby B.’s voice, Bee’s design is a variation of his existing movie design, his transformation noise is his unique one from the previous movies, and we see Sector 7. How isn’t this connected to that timeline?

We've slided!

I believe Will is misquoting stuff.

Travis Knight said this:

So, what I was kind of trying to do with this film because it's set in the 80s, was harken back to the great, original, G1 vibe and feeling and tone. So, there are definitely Easter eggs for fans who are down with that sort of thing. There's a lot of continuity between this and the film's that Michael has done. But the film does stand on its own.

Spreading misinformation......FAKE NEWS? 8-} Shouldn't we verify first before, like you know, typing out a sentence?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:11 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
fenrir72 wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro confirmed this movie is not directly related to the previous films, it is not meant to connect to them or be part of their specific timeline.

Praise the lord.

Wait, what? We hear Bobby B.’s voice, Bee’s design is a variation of his existing movie design, his transformation noise is his unique one from the previous movies, and we see Sector 7. How isn’t this connected to that timeline?

We've slided!

Travis Knight said this:

So, what I was kind of trying to do with this film because it's set in the 80s, was harken back to the great, original, G1 vibe and feeling and tone. So, there are definitely Easter eggs for fans who are down with that sort of thing. There's a lot of continuity between this and the film's that Michael has done. But the film does stand on its own.

Spreading misinformation......FAKE NEWS? 8-} Shouldn't we verify first before, like you know, typing out a sentence?

Mistakes are one thing. Being intentionally ignorant another.
If you have issues with how staff reports news, please let me know directly, via email.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Va'al wrote:
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:

Praise the lord.

We've slided!

Travis Knight said this:

Yes, but Brian Goldner said this:

it is an alternative; a different chronology. So, rather than going to a sequel from what people had seen last time, this takes place in the 1980s.

However, I do trust the director more than the man handling the brand, so Brian could be saying it in an unintentionally misleading way.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
william-james88 wrote:Yes, but Brian Goldner said this:

it is an alternative; a different chronology. So, rather than going to a sequel from what people had seen last time, this takes place in the 1980s.

However, I do trust the director more than the man handling the brand, so Brian could be saying it in an unintentionally misleading way.

Chronology does not necessarily mean continuity, but I get why there might be confusion - and yes, the director might be better equipped in this case! :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade

How a corporate executive uses the word "chronology" and how sci-fi/fastasy fiction nerds use the word "chronology" are two different things.

Goldner was probably using the word to mean "This movie will not be another sequel set in the present day like the previous films have all been. It is set in a different time era of its own, separate from the forward-moving path that begin with the 2007 movie, serving as a new jumping-on point for fresh viewers just coming into this film franchise for the first time."

It is off the path of the first five movies in that it precedes them chronologically. ;)^
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Nickster563 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 pm

I feel like by this point people are in denial about this being in the bayverse which it obviously is, from the beginning this movie was to be a prequel of the first film and that never changed. Guess people jusf have a hard tkme admitting they like a tf film thats in the bayverse even if its by a new director.
Nickster563
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Watch Nickster563 on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Skill: 3

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:

How a corporate executive uses the word "chronology" and how sci-fi/fastasy fiction nerds use the word "chronology" are two different things.

Goldner was probably using the word to mean "This movie will not be another sequel set in the present day like the previous films have all been. It is set in a different time era of its own, separate from the forward-moving path that begin with the 2007 movie, serving as a new jumping-on point for fresh viewers just coming into this film franchise for the first time."

It is off the path of the first five movies in that it precedes them chronologically. ;)^

This.

100%
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:16 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
It almost feels weird to have a positive outlook on a new Transformers movie. To be on here again, it almost feels like 2007.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:59 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
fenrir72 wrote:Proof in the pie is in the eating! I must say, despite despising the Bayverse franchise(most especially the toys! They suck!),

So very wrong. Some of the best Transformers figures ever made are 'Bayverse' figures.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this film. Actually not so much the film but moreso some of the reactions that are postive but can't seem to express that without being further negative about the stuff I love ( and I can't help it if I love 'Bayverse' Starscream's design and was never a big fan of the G1 Seeker look which I always felt looked absolute crap in comparison to the Macross mold used for Jetfire when it comes to robots from jets... fold the wings awaaaaay) But yeah it's ok. I never really fit in anywhere anyways.

fandom kinda sucks really. Even had to mute the words 'Star Wars' and similar things from my twitter feed cos of all the fans of that arguing with each other (and I don't even caaaare about Star Wars... I just got sick of all the toxicity filling up my timeline)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Qwan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Proof in the pie is in the eating! I must say, despite despising the Bayverse franchise(most especially the toys! They suck!),

So very wrong. Some of the best Transformers figures ever made are 'Bayverse' figures.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this film. Actually not so much the film but moreso some of the reactions that are postive but can't seem to express that without being further negative about the stuff I love ( and I can't help it if I love 'Bayverse' Starscream's design and was never a big fan of the G1 Seeker look which I always felt looked absolute crap in comparison to the Macross mold used for Jetfire when it comes to robots from jets... fold the wings awaaaaay) But yeah it's ok. I never really fit in anywhere anyways.

fandom kinda sucks really. Even had to mute the words 'Star Wars' and similar things from my twitter feed cos of all the fans of that arguing with each other (and I don't even caaaare about Star Wars... I just got sick of all the toxicity filling up my timeline)

It's very true that sometimes it feels like positivity can't exist without some negativity coming along for the ride, especially when it comes to fans of anything.

That said, I am really, really excited for this new Bumblebee movie. Yes it's been said to death already, but it feels like 2007 again for me too - back to being a kid excited to see Transformers on the big screen, awestruck at the sense of wonder such an idea brings along with it. It might be partly because I'm exactly the right age for the '07 movie to hit childhood nostalgia for me, but this trailer is really making me feel like the Bumblebee movie might be something great.

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5

Postby dragons » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 am

But will it come true venom movie may still be up to be its completion that’s marvel not only that but critics and sheep who follow movie critics yet still get to realize critics don’t make movies money regardless what critics score is it’s people who want to see those and bay did do the impossible what no transformer cartoon, comic, video game could not have done take average ordinary people who do NOT watch cartoons and do not read comics and turn them into transformer fans, but if transformers movies where made by fans there would not be new fans to transformers bots would have look boring, cartoony giant LEGO mess average adults people I work with that don’t watch cartoons do not read comics they don’t want to see live action movie giant robots look like blocky cartoons that 99 percent of old fans had wanted
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:32 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
First time I watched the trailer, I legit said “WOW” out loud. I was super surprised in a good way. I fully expected it to be another fireworks show like all the other movies had been, but I am totally on board with this.

Also, Starscream is bae :x
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby BombshellDaBug » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:39 am

Motto: "Well, that's not good."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I have to admit, the trailer looks very promising. Starscream's new look is probably my favorite part of it. Let's hope the movie itself lives up to the hype.
BombshellDaBug
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Beetle
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Courage: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:07 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Hey pot! Say hello to kettle!8-}

When was there a TF who didn't talk trash about a certain subline in the franchise? I loved the first movies and hate the toys. My preference. Hopefully, the last movie won't suck ballz too.

Toys from the movieline? No thank you.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Blitzwing is bae » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 am

Motto: "If it lives, I CAN KILL IT"
Weapon: Concussion Rifle
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
bacem wrote:i know this is just wishfull thinking, but looking at that travis in front of red muscle car, i really want it to be cliffjumper.

I'm betting it's Barricade
I actualy doubt its barricade since he is a police car and in another seibertron post i shows a drawing of him an he looks like a cop with his glasses. however, I THINK IT WOULD BE COOL IF IT WERE LOCKDOWN!!!! :CON: :CON: :CON:
Blitzwing is bae
Minibot
Alt Mode: predacon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Skill: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:39 am

Blitzwing is bae wrote:I actualy doubt its barricade since he is a police car and in another seibertron post i shows a drawing of him an he looks like a cop with his glasses.
That glasses artwork of Barricade was early TLK concept art that has nothing to do with the Bumblebee movie.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:36 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
The last time we had G1 alt modes for a Bay film, and the script writers pretending they knew their stuff (We won't call him Swoop because this thing has two heads so it isn't Swoop) we ended up with age of extinction otherwise known as the consensual underage sex is fine movie among other stuff. Plus their is no time line, TLK proved that with Screams head and Barricade returning from his off screen BUT HAPPENED death in the first film (it's in the novelisation too, which yes sadly I read and the prequel novel which I kind of liked, if memory serves they are by Alan Dean Foster). Having said that, the VW Beetle Bumblebee looks like an insta buy for me and some of the Baynus toys and the inspired ones have been good despite how bad the source material is.

Either way, so going to call that there will be a masterbation joke in this movie other wise its just not a Transformers film, and it will be a female one just to fit in with the times :P
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:47 am

blackeyedprime wrote:and Barricade returning from his off screen BUT HAPPENED death in the first film (it's in the novelisation too, which yes sadly I read and the prequel novel which I kind of liked, if memory serves they are by Alan Dean Foster)
If you're taking the novels into account, then how do you explain Barricade playing a noteworthy role in the ROTF prequel novel, The Veiled Threat, which is set after the first movie? He and Optimus have a confrontation in the Roman Colosseum, even.

Regardless, though, IDW's The Reign of Starscream retconned out the idea of Barricade having been killed offscreen in the first movie by showing how he survived the highway battle en route to Mission City: He had been knocked into a pillar by Ironhide and fell offline for the remainder of the movie's events, only to be brought back to consciousness after the Mission City battle had ended, and by which point he was found by Starscream.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby starfishy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Motto: "may the force be with you"
Weapon: Solar Energo Sword
this looks like a step better than the previous live action installments. like the bot designs, though I’ll still probably stick to the comics. Will wait to see what the reviews are like before I see this.
starfishy
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: bicycle
Strength: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 6

Postby thedistinctroom » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Motto: "Will it blend?"
Weapon: Acid Rays
I'm trying to wrap my head around this... So, it's a prequel to the Bay-Verse movies... Yet, it's also the reboot of a completely separate new movie series?

So... Isn't this still a Bay-Verse movie then? Hmmmm. :GHOST:
thedistinctroom
Gestalt Team Leader
Alt Mode: Giant Sombrero
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Courage: ???

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:42 pm

thedistinctroom wrote:I'm trying to wrap my head around this... So, it's a prequel to the Bay-Verse movies... Yet, it's also the reboot of a completely separate new movie series?

So... Isn't this still a Bay-Verse movie then? Hmmmm. :GHOST:

Depends how you define a bay verse movie. If it stands on its own, independent of the rest, with characters looking almost nothing like they appear in other films, and with limited explosions (as it seems to be the case), is it still a Bay-Verse movie?

At this point its baiscally the same as saying that the FOC/WFC games takes place in the same universe as the recent RID TV show.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
dragons wrote:But will it come true venom movie may still be up to be its completion that’s marvel

Venom is a Marvel property but it's Sony made so it will more than likely NOT have a connection to the MCU.

Plus, Venom is released in October, it'll be out of cinemas by the time Bumblebee is released. Then there's the kid appeal that Bumblebee will have. Critics won't have much sway over the kids.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Burn wrote:
dragons wrote:But will it come true venom movie may still be up to be its completion that’s marvel

Venom is a Marvel property but it's Sony made so it will more than likely NOT have a connection to the MCU.

Plus, Venom is released in October, it'll be out of cinemas by the time Bumblebee is released. Then there's the kid appeal that Bumblebee will have. Critics won't have much sway over the kids.

The real competition would probably come from Spider-man which will be released around the same time. Its trailer debuted the same week as BUmblebe as well.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
william-james88 wrote:
Burn wrote:

The real competition would probably come from Spider-man which will be released around the same time. Its trailer debuted the same week as BUmblebe as well.

Maybe ... I don't see it though.

I would have said Wreck-It Ralph 2 would have been more competition buuuuuuut like all big animated movies the majority of the world gets it a month before Australia. So it'll be interesting to see how Ralph goes against Bumblebee in Australia at least. I'm inclined to see Ralph over Bumblebee.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON