This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Postby angtre » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:35 am

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I suppose that the G1-esque looks are a direct consequence of the recent "evergreen" approach to Tfs... not entirely my taste, but only because this movie is supposedly in continuity with Michael Bay's ones (not that those movies had much consistency, after all :-? ).

Ultimately these looks were probably not even an option when the first movie came out, before years of superhero movies: after all the first X-Men ones had no traces of spandex at all, just black leather uniforms. The audience was not yet accustomed to the colorful uniforms, and producers feared that the characters would have looked too childish, potentially cutting out a large slice of the more "mature" audience.

Getting back to the topic, I have great hopes for this Bee movie (pun unintended); maybe if it does well, it will leave the Bayformers continuity, and become the first one of the new Tf cinematic universe.
angtre
Minibot
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby frogbat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:44 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
This is looking more and more promising so hope the end product doesn't disappoint. They sure are pandering to us g1 fans this time around. The cybertron cg looks a bit too game like but I'm digging the designs - nice mix of old and new. With immediate character recognition and connection.

I really enjoyed the first TF movie but went totally daft from the sequel onwards. Hopefully this does well enough to reestablish the franchise.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Coptur » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:55 am

very happy with the G1-esque looks being used being able to identify classic characters in new stories is important.

from what I understand this will be a forever prequel.

it can go with the existing movies but will also work with a new continuity.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Burn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:14 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
meh ... giving them a G1-esque look won't necessarily make for a good movie. Not getting my hopes up, then at the very least, I might be pleasantly surprised.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Another New Trailer for Transformers Bumblebee Movie

Postby Va'al » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:11 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
While you have undoubtedly seen the new official trailer for the upcoming Transformers Bumblebee Movie - as we posted directly onto YouTube and here on our front page - thanks to UIP Singapore we also have a third trailer of sorts, featuring some of the footage that was shown at San Diego Comic Con 2018, with a lot of Blitzwing / Bumblebee interaction (or B 127, as Optimus Prime calls him in the clip) and some more of the plot and footage shown in the video overall, including Agent Burns (John Cena) , Charlie Watson (Hailee Steinfeld) and more Decepticons from the Cybertron scenes.

Check the clip out embedded below, join the discussion on the Energon Pub discussion boards, and rewatch all the trailers on our YouTube channel too!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Skids » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 am

I have to say, this Bumblebee movie looks more and more like the modern action film (franchise) it's supposed to be.

If this is a soft reboot to the wrecking-ball slinging, lubricant leaking like R. Kelly, unintelligible action and mostly human character scenes having Poopamount produced fodder from the last decade, I'm going to see this in the theaters.

I felt nearly every animated series that came in the wake of Transformers 2007, a Cybernet Space Cube full of "remember these things" did a better job of story telling than the Bay films did. And some of them had 3 hours to do so.

The G1-inspired robot designs are a bonus; the vibes that this is indeed the "kid and a car" adventure at its core that viewers were sold years ago...I'm all in.

Maybe Poopamount doesn't want to make the same mistake that Warner Brothers is making with the DCEU.

...who are those two robots who call Bumblebee a criminal, by the way?

"Deep down we are more like than unlike humans."
Skids
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Big Grim » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Hah! For the first time since the Revenge of the Fallen, I'm cautiously optimistic about a live action TF film.

If this look is how they're going from here out, excellent. They actually look like robots instead of mobile scrapyards.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
The two cons who are talking to Sector 7 about bee being a criminal is Shatter and Dropkick. They are the main antagonists
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby It Is Him » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:18 am

Looks good. I'm still reluctantly hopeful there's a movie worth watching here.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby ScottyP » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:24 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Looks very cool, but wow does the trailer show "too much" of the movie. Really not too hard to piece together the entire general plot at this point.

Dropkick and Shatter look super fun.

Shockwave sighting! Also a very brief look at Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Cybertronian Mode Blitzwing on the right in the shot with 'ol one eye.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby X3ROhour » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:40 am

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
:shock:
wow.

wow wow WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWOWWOW!

wow.
:shock:

ps
"Blitzwing" sure looks like Starscream to me.
Last edited by X3ROhour on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby Palo_zfogs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:48 am

Motto: "The more insane, the better."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Shatter and Dropkick are literally just FANTASTIC! Love 'em! They literally shows on why I was into the TF live-action films in the first place. Just amazing. Blitzwing is totally awesome too! The fight scenes between Bee and those cons are just WOW!
Really hoping there's gonna be Barricade there.

As for the G1-esque bots, I personally feel that this don't mix well with the awesomeness Bee and the cons have brought. Don't get me wrong. They look pretty nice. But they don't seem to belong in this continuity. I would be really impressed had they been introduced in another installment (could be a new series, or a game), but in this movie? That feeling is kinda stamped out.

Thankfully, the stuff that's on earth is amazing enough to still get me hyped for this movie.

Just my two cents.
Last edited by Palo_zfogs on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Palo_zfogs
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dark-Matter Space Cruiser

Postby excalibur1814 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 am

Motto: ""To fall in battle is to fail in war""
Weapon: Seven-Year Sword
Yeah, I'll admit it, G1 ALL the way for me.

This movie can then spawn two line of toys, possibly, including present day and the Cybertron range. Either way the closer they get to G1 the closer they get to selling more toys to the older guys as well as the kids. Cha-ching. $$$$
Twitter: @DamianRJones
excalibur1814
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby dragons » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 am

Skids wrote:I have to say, this Bumblebee movie looks more and more like the modern action film (franchise) it's supposed to be.

If this is a soft reboot to the wrecking-ball slinging, lubricant leaking like R. Kelly, unintelligible action and mostly human character scenes having Poopamount produced fodder from the last decade, I'm going to see this in the theaters.

I felt nearly every animated series that came in the wake of Transformers 2007, a Cybernet Space Cube full of "remember these things" did a better job of story telling than the Bay films did. And some of them had 3 hours to do so.

The G1-inspired robot designs are a bonus; the vibes that this is indeed the "kid and a car" adventure at its core that viewers were sold years ago...I'm all in.

Maybe Poopamount doesn't want to make the same mistake that Warner Brothers is making with the DCEU.

...who are those two robots who call Bumblebee a criminal, by the way?

Us fans like it but how do new fans like it hey are ones who bring in more money to this series and thanks to bay transformers have new fans but new fans do not watch cartoons and do not read comics so if new fans don’t like this only people who will see this movie is little kids and people who go on this web site something need be considered deeply if some old transformers fans actutllay talk to new transformer fans they them self will know this,.

Do I like yeah I do but is g1 perfect no but are bay moves perfect no but they are realistic unlike comics and cartoons that made people into new fans of transformers to begin that comics and cartoons could never do some parts movie look like live action cartoon but more importantly will new fans go see this more than once that bay movies made them fans to begin with,.

What story with transformers it’s autobots vs deceptions good vs evil one try conquer universe good stops them not much to say same can be said with super hero comic book movies this superhero series but hero’s and villains are giant alien robots that transform and not all all then have human faces shockwave, soundwave, grimlock.

Prime with faceplate off started with cartoons beast wars, machines, transformers prime, rid, energon, cybertron, rescue bots
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:53 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
This one shows much promise at having heart, something that has been sorely missing from this franchise.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby jtanimator » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:56 am

Oh. Oh my. Oh my my my.
This may be the most excited I've felt watching a "Transformers" trailer in 10 years. Holy friggin' crap I think I had TEARS rolling down my face from excitement!! Shatter and Dropkick look way good, Soundwave looks like....well, SOUNDWAVE, Optimus actually looks like he Transformers into a truck/vehicle (as compared to his AoE rebooted design), and the action looks simply amazing. And that's just it, the action looks....simple. Not boring, but simple. Well choreographed bot v con fist-to-fist fight scenes that don't include an onslaught of needless explosions and a countless array of nameless Decepticons. THAT'S what Transformers are meant to be!! I can't wait for the world to finally be introduced to what a live action Transformers is supposed to be!
I am now left to wonder, however, how they plan on justifying the inconsistent Cybertronian designs with the previous movies, and the lack of aesthetic continuity present, but honestly I don't really care. There's always been a notable lack of continuity in these films, so at least now they seem to be using that to their advantage to make a GOOD and well-made movie. And more power to them for it. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby angtre » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:23 am

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Maybe the Cybertronian scenes are just a way to sell the Siege toyline among the one for the movie... well played, Hasbro. As if I didnt' like it already a little too much for the sake of my wallet.
angtre
Minibot
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:24 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
The trailers look great! Makes me even more excited to get SS VW Bee and hopefully an SS Blitzwing somewhere down the road.

That shot of Hoover Dam makes me really hope we get a brief glimpse of frozen Megatron, that’d be awesome!

I love Bee’s expression when he points to Charlie after she asks if he has family.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:48 am

I've been really excited for this movie since the first trailer. But WOW, am I pumped now. That was unbelievable. Seriously, the most excited I've been for a Transformers movie since the first Bay flick.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:55 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Vildamir wrote:Russian trailer looks totally different.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4472
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Skids » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:55 am

dragons wrote:Us fans like it but how do new fans like it hey are ones who bring in more money to this series and thanks to bay transformers have new fans but new fans do not watch cartoons and do not read comics so if new fans don’t like this only people who will see this movie is little kids and people who go on this web site something need be considered deeply if some old transformers fans actutllay talk to new transformer fans they them self will know this,.

Do I like yeah I do but is g1 perfect no but are bay moves perfect no but they are realistic unlike comics and cartoons that made people into new fans of transformers to begin that comics and cartoons could never do some parts movie look like live action cartoon but more importantly will new fans go see this more than once that bay movies made them fans to begin with,.

What story with transformers it’s autobots vs deceptions good vs evil one try conquer universe good stops them not much to say same can be said with super hero comic book movies this superhero series but hero’s and villains are giant alien robots that transform and not all all then have human faces shockwave, soundwave, grimlock.

Prime with faceplate off started with cartoons beast wars, machines, transformers prime, rid, energon, cybertron, rescue bots

I think this movie actually splits the difference between geezer fans and fans of the Bay movies. In particular, in all that grumbling I did earlier, what I meant was this movie actually looks like it'll be more than "explodey robots", toilet humor (which has its place, even in Transformers, but the Bay movies were overkill with it), "bro humor" (ditto) and a whole bunch of humans who pad all the run time between "explodey robots"; rather, it will have a story and look that will attract fans of all ages.

And that's what I've wanted to see in a Transformers live action movie; it doesn't even have to be a G1 rehash, just something with a decent story and action. What I feel Bay's movies lacked is... as explained above: "Heart". The Transformers were basically "robots that talked" and little more, trading off the nostalgia of older fans. There was little to "root" for or against. Especially the Decepticons.

Here, I saw more in one line from one Decepticon in the trailer than I did in the Bay film(s). Really looks promising.

Skids
Mini-Con

Postby Skids » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 am

and is it me, or does Bee look like Waspinator with that "battle mask" on?

Skids
Mini-Con

Postby o.supreme » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:13 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I had positive vibes on this film before any of the original series looking designs, they didn't need that to sell me on it. Having said that however, it looks good. No doubt what's in the trailer is the majority of what is in the entirety of the film. I just fear this will be a Ready Player One type scenario, seeing all the things you loved as a kid for a brief moment, all flash, no substance.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Coptur » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:18 am

good point o.supreme.

if they're clever they shouldn't tie it 100% with TF2007 just enough that it can be a forever prequel to both new and old.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:54 am

looking at their g1 cybertron designs, I cant help but feel that they looks a little similar to what we have seen with the siege line. maybe hasbro is trying again to do a unified continuity? still, the clip with ravage launching out of soundwaves chest, and the tetra jets gave me goosebumps.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Change DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Robots Disguise AOE 2014 210930A"
Flip Change DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 230427A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAMPAGE Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + instructions 220802A"
RAMPAGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS (variant) Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Deluxe complete + more 221013A"
SKIDS (variant) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AD26 LOCKDOWN Transformers Age Extinction Movie Advanced deluxe Takara AOE"
AD26 LOCKDOWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Movie 2007 Burger King Kid's Meal Fast Food Premium 2007"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON