This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Deadput wrote:
william-james88 wrote:As for Bee being Bay-verse Bee, I feel thats only because of his face. Of course, a head is a big deal, it totally defines you. But for this Bee, its all thats left. The rest of the bot feels very G1 styled (not necessaily G1 Bee,but G1 in general), with all the smooth surfaces. I think if his head was made more G1 ala Soundwave and Prime in this film, it would truly reveal just how different this been design is compared to the established Bay look.

I actually feel like Bee's head here looks very well, it's cute and more like what I think his original Bay verse head was supposed to invoke to the audience. (the whole puppy like behavior)

I honestly don't know what I prefer I like Bee's G1 face and it's probably easier for talking but I think it's just pretty generic like all the non face plated Autobots (not that there's anything wrong with normal generic mouth faces but for someone as significant as Bumblebee)

I didnt mean to say it didnt look good, i just meant it was the only obvious remnant of the original Bay design and the only thing stopping it from us thinking he looks more in line with Optimus and Soundwave.

Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:I am so incredibly over this movie. For years anyone who reacted negatively to a trailer were shouted down and told to wait until the movie was released before judging.

But this is the complete opposite, just because of a few seconds of G1-esque designs and suddenly it's the greatest movie ever. ugh ... my expectations were low, but given how people have peed their pants over this trailer I feel like logging off for a few weeks until the over-hype dies down until December.
You must be referring to elsewhere, since on this site in this very thread the most vocal reactions have been criticizing the G1-based designs, not loving them.

Yeah, I am personally a bit upset that I have no one to share my sqwees with :(
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:33 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
I didnt mean to say it didnt look good, i just meant it was the only obvious remnant of the original Bay design and the only thing stopping it from us thinking he looks more in line with Optimus and Soundwave.

Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:I am so incredibly over this movie. For years anyone who reacted negatively to a trailer were shouted down and told to wait until the movie was released before judging.

But this is the complete opposite, just because of a few seconds of G1-esque designs and suddenly it's the greatest movie ever. ugh ... my expectations were low, but given how people have peed their pants over this trailer I feel like logging off for a few weeks until the over-hype dies down until December.
You must be referring to elsewhere, since on this site in this very thread the most vocal reactions have been criticizing the G1-based designs, not loving them.

Yeah, I am personally a bit upset that I have no one to share my sqwees with :(

Oh I see, I understand what you mean.

And I do share excitement over these designs in general even if it's just a movie take on G1 designs.

I just really like Acid Storm being there.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Autobot N » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:44 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Deadput wrote:I just really like Acid Storm being there.
Hey, first he gets into the main cast of Cyberverse, and now he's in a movie. Acid Storm is on the uptick.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Deadput » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:06 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Autobot N wrote:
Hey, first he gets into the main cast of Cyberverse, and now he's in a movie. Acid Storm is on the uptick.

Could say he's brewing up a storm eh?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby partholon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:14 am

ya know lads theres one other thing to remember here.

this is the CHEAPEST Transformers movie in the franchise. $100 mil or so IIRC.

So to get the cyberton stuff looking anyway decent at all is a bleeding miracle- and my moneys is STILL on em polishing that stuff off to look better by release date.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Autobot N » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Deadput wrote:
Autobot N wrote:

Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Autobot N wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Autobot N wrote:

...I've found my people.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby DeadCaL » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Autobot_Benz wrote:Love this, Travis Knight is a fan of transformers and actually wants to make the fans happy. A total 180 of the franchise killer Micheal Bay

Well, I wouldn't say he killed it. He made it successful mediocrity

$$ Dollar, Dollar Bills, Yo $$
Me Love Grimlock Superdeformed Dinobot Fun

DeadCaL
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
partholon wrote:ya know lads theres one other thing to remember here.

this is the CHEAPEST Transformers movie in the franchise. $100 mil or so IIRC.

So to get the cyberton stuff looking anyway decent at all is a bleeding miracle- and my moneys is STILL on em polishing that stuff off to look better by release date.

Actually I think the length of that Cybertron segment will be testament to how "cheap" the movie is as in comparison to the rest of the movie, it'll be very short.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I understand some of the criticisms, comparing some of the all-cybertronian sequences to things like FoC (which was top notch video game graphics for 2012), or even Transformers Prime (2010-2013) but I think HD game graphics have kind of spoiled us.

I'm not exactly sure what the average budget is for video games nowadays. I know that development of a game is becoming more and more like that of a big budget hollywood movie, but still, I don't think they are in the high tens-to hundreds of millions of dollars for development.

I too believe the sequences (however brief they are) will look more polished by the time of release, or else, yes it would look jarring. The first TF film, DotM, and even TLK (when Prime meets Quintessa), all had 100% cg scenes on Cybertron that did not look any different than the overall film.

I'm sure, as most have speculated, the scenes of war on Cybertron will be brief, but any future chance we have to have a full movie with nothing but Transformers, I am going to support any way I can.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
We've already had a movie with nothing but transformers... Predacons Rising
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:24 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
ZeroWolf wrote:We've already had a movie with nothing but transformers... Predacons Rising

..and it was amazing, for a small animation studio, imagine what could be done with a big Hollywood budget. Also, Predacons Rising was for the home media market, not a theatrical release.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Burn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Sabrblade wrote:

I try to not read movie threads on this site unless reports are filed, so yes, I'm talking broader picture here.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:02 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I can't stop watching the triple changes in the trailer, nor the scene between Bee putting on his mask to his fight with Dropkick. The music score and imagery is so good
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:50 pm

o.supreme wrote:I understand some of the criticisms, comparing some of the all-cybertronian sequences to things like FoC (which was top notch video game graphics for 2012), or even Transformers Prime (2010-2013) but I think HD game graphics have kind of spoiled us.

I'm not exactly sure what the average budget is for video games nowadays. I know that development of a game is becoming more and more like that of a big budget hollywood movie, but still, I don't think they are in the high tens-to hundreds of millions of dollars for development.

I too believe the sequences (however brief they are) will look more polished by the time of release, or else, yes it would look jarring. The first TF film, DotM, and even TLK (when Prime meets Quintessa), all had 100% cg scenes on Cybertron that did not look any different than the overall film.

I'm sure, as most have speculated, the scenes of war on Cybertron will be brief, but any future chance we have to have a full movie with nothing but Transformers, I am going to support any way I can.

The development for the game Destiny was 140 million $ and that does not cover the added marketting cost. Thats higher than the budget for this film.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/kotaku.com/ ... 413649/amp
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
So will this be a straight reboot or can it be considered a prequel since it's taking place 20 years before the first Bay film?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Trailer 2 Full Gallery

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Site owner Seibertron has been dedicating a lot of time painstakingly breaking down the new trailer we saw late Sunday, early Monday for the Bumblebee movie, and now we have that full gallery available for your viewing pleasure! The gallery can be seen in full HERE or by clicking on any of the select images below, and some images can be seen below. It gives us some great shots at Shatter, Dropkick, and Blitzwing in their Earth forms, Bumblebee in his Jeep and VW Beetle modes, and some awesome shots of the Cybertron based scenes that have been a source of a lot of talk with the trailer.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think of these stills in the comments section below!

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7

Postby TulioDude » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Thanks for this! I was thinking of pausing the YouTube video but this is much more convenient!
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Just an FYI to those who find the G1 designs to hurt the continuity, when it comes to Shockwave it is actually in live action film continuity that he was first seen on earth in his G1 design. So it could be presumed that others looked more G1 on Cybertron.

That image is from ROTF by the way.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Crosscheck » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:43 am

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
To hell with continuity, I hope this is a full-on reboot. The Transformers film franchise has been utter trash. Time to start fresh.
Crosscheck
Combiner
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Adimus Prime » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:37 am

Is that Action Master Soundwave? Judging by his proportions he must be. Soundwave is supposed to have a big chest, broad shoulders and big chunky legs. Instead he has a big head and a small body, almost like a Japanese Superdeformed.
Unicron was born down the street from me. No joke.
Adimus Prime
Minibot

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:55 am

Crosscheck wrote:To hell with continuity, I hope this is a full-on reboot. The Transformers film franchise has been utter trash. Time to start fresh.

Agreed. And this seems like a decent starting point.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:31 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I found this to be quite chuclisous.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180926-091659_Facebook.jpg
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby joevill » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:46 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Looks amazing!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 5

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 am

Ironhidensh wrote:I found this to be quite chuclisous.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 JAN200704 7A (W) Maggs (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210537 1A"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0923IM828 (CA) Tocchini"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 230926D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED FCBD IDW Comics 2008 Free Comic Book Day 230227"
TRANSFORMERS ANIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM314 7B (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231010J"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 231222Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON