This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Postby TulioDude » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Glad to help!It was fun there!
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Bumblebee Director Travis Knight to Return To Animation Studio Laika

Postby RobRobRobRobRob » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:19 am

Motto: "Manners make the man."
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
With Bumblebee edging its way into theaters soon, we have word from director Travis Knight regarding his future projects. Despite rumors stating that Knight would replace former Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn to take over for the third film, Knight himself dispelled the rumor in a statement he made to Bad Taste, a website based in Italy. He explains that, “After Bumblebee, [Knight’s] goal is to return to work at the animation studios Laika, [his] ‘child’ bringing with him [all] the baggage of experience [he’s] gained with [Bumblebee].”

For those who do not know, Knight made his name known working on stop-motion animated films such as 2009’s Coraline and 2014’s Kubo and the Two Strings, the latter being Knight’s directorial debut. Despite the warm reception towards Bumblebee, his live action debut, it seems Knight’s tenure in the Transformers franchise will be left short and sweet.

Are you saddened that Knight will not continue to work with Transformers, or do you prefer his work at Laika? Perhaps you wish that Knight was indeed taking the helm for the third Guardians movie. Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub and stay tuned here at Seibertron.com for all the latest Transformers news and reviews!
RobRobRobRobRob
Mini-Con
News Credits: 35
Alt Mode: Vosnian Walking Stick

Hailee Steinfeld Interview Following Bumblebee Premiere

Postby RobRobRobRobRob » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 am

Motto: "Manners make the man."
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
With the premiere of Bumblebee this last Sunday at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, fans and critics alike are buzzing over the film. The festivities weren’t only for the onlookers; several members of the film’s cast and crew were in attendance, and they joined together that night at Ohm’s Nightclub for a triumphant after-party. There lead actress Hailee Steinfeld, who plays Charlie Watson in the film proper, was surprised when her compatriots presented her with a cake in a surprise celebration for her upcoming 22nd birthday.

Amidst the hectic activity of the night, Steinfeld and several others on the crew were interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter to give their thoughts on the film’s production. In regards to the film’s rewrite, Steinfeld shared that, “Christina Hodson wrote an amazing script, which drew [Steinfeld] into this world… Kelly Fremon Craig, who wrote and directed [her] in Edge of Seventeen, did the rewrite, and [Steinfeld and Craig] had wonderful conversations about developing Charlie’s voice into what you see now.”

In addition to acting, astute readers may know that Hailee Steinfeld has written a song for the film’s soundtrack. A self-admitted ‘bucket list’ item, she described the process as follows: “I wanted the song to ring true to the 1980s, while being able to fit into [her] body of work as an artist.”

She also comments on the filming itself, and the bizarre circumstances under which she performed due to her main acting partner, Bumblebee himself, being wholly computer-generated. In her own words, “When you’re reading the script, you’re kind of taking it all in as if it’s real… When you show up to set and they tell you you’re working with a tennis ball and a stick for four months, you realize it’s not going to be easy.”

For more of the interview, and a taste of Director Travis Knight, fellow actors Pamella Adlon and John Cena, writer Christina Hodson, and voice actors Justin Theroux and Angela Bassett’s experiences please refer The Hollywood Reporter’s full article, posted on their website.
RobRobRobRobRob
Mini-Con
News Credits: 35
Alt Mode: Vosnian Walking Stick

Re: Bumblebee Director Travis Knight to Retire from Transformers

Postby 15ngcs1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 am

RobRobRobRobRob wrote:With Bumblebee edging its way into theaters soon, we have word from director Travis Knight regarding his future projects. Despite rumors stating that Knight would replace former Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn to take over for the third film, Knight himself dispelled the rumor in a statement he made to Bad Taste, a website based in Italy. He explains that, “After Bumblebee, [Knight’s] goal is to return to work at the animation studios Laika, [his] ‘child’ bringing with him [all] the baggage of experience [he’s] gained with [Bumblebee].”

For those who do not know, Knight made his name known working on stop-motion animated films such as 2009’s Coraline and 2014’s Kubo and the Two Strings, the latter being Knight’s directorial debut. Despite the warm reception towards Bumblebee, his live action debut, it seems Knight’s tenure in the Transformers franchise will be left short and sweet.

Are you saddened that Knight will not continue to work with Transformers, or do you prefer his work at Laika? Perhaps you wish that Knight was indeed taking the helm for the third Guardians movie. Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub and stay tuned here at Seibertron.com for all the latest Transformers news and reviews!

I think he's following Steven Spielberg's footsteps. Spielberg never directs sequels. He only executive produces them.
15ngcs1
Mini-Con

Re: Bumblebee Director Travis Knight to Retire from Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:14 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
15ngcs1 wrote:I think he's following Steven Spielberg's footsteps. Spielberg never directs sequels. He only executive produces them.

LOL WOT?

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:17 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Jurassic Park The Lost World wants to say hello as well
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby 15ngcs1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 am

Fine Spielberg said he rarely directs sequels
15ngcs1
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
15ngcs1 wrote:Fine Spielberg said he rarely directs sequels

Maybe he talks about these days, but when you look at his career he has 4 sequels out of 32 films. That's way more than rarely.
And guess what film he will be working on soon, ANOTHER SEQUEL to Indiana Jones

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/indi ... 202861005/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby 15ngcs1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 am

he's very dedicated to that particular franchise if he chose to direct all of them
15ngcs1
Mini-Con

Postby snavej » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:03 am

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
Film cut? I'll have to see an uncut version for Bumblebee's Hot Rod, then!
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:05 am

:lol: if only hot rod was in the film to begin with!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby chaddicus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:06 am

Nowhere in this short article does it have anything saying he is retiring from the Transformers films, aside from the title. All it says is he's going to go work on animation projects, which if you're a director, you move on to your next job. He could easily come back for the next instalment, if there is a next instalment, which would be years away.
chaddicus
Mini-Con

Postby 15ngcs1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 am

true. these titles are always misleading.
15ngcs1
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 am

Basically he's not doing the next one there's talk that Paramount are looking at other people for the Optimus Prime movie.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby noctorro » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:02 am

Well, I'm going to need to drop my opinion here as well as an '85 kid who grew up with G1

Bumblebee was awesome! I agree with the person who said I'd spend another whatever bucks on the 5 minutes of Cybertron alone.

Damn I love this movie. It starts with action, we actually have flying Tran...

Spoilers!!!!

No, no spoilers. I love the movie, it has character development, it has humor. It has slow parts and takes it's time with scenes and moments. The action is great! I do think the forrest battle is still thé best battle. But man would that forrest battle have looked good with Transformers looking Transformers.

I love the very few Transformers in the movie so that they actually have screentime. I know everybody loves the first movie but Megatron and Starscream had a 4 second dialogue wich made it look like they were an adaptation of anything. Otherwise the cons were just mindless drones to be brutally murdered by peace loving Autobots.

I like he humans, I was very unsure about John Cena (European and don't watch/follow any of that WWE stuff a lot of Americans are crazy about, I do like the womens WWE, sick moves and hot chicks). I liked the family, a bit cheesy at times but not overly and actually had some deep elements.

I loved the relationship between Charlie and Bee, and Charlie and afro boy. It was sweet. If Bay directed this than afro boy would be spying on Charlie taking showers. My god it's so fresh no not see that depraved sexuality we have nowadays with 16 and pregnant, instaho's, Nicki Minaj and women getting to be celebrities and influencers by effing some rich black dude. Man that part of our pop culture is destructive and lizard brain sad as hell.

Ontopic, Cybertron man... Cybertron.

Travis Knight knows his stuff and made his film and I love it. He loves Transformers and I hope this director get's another chance at my most favorite franchise.

SPOILERS....

The last scene where Bumblebee takes off on the bridge, damn man, chills and almost tears...

I had a great time watching the early screenings of Bumblebee and am going to watch it with the waifu again soon, and at least one more time solo after that. I love this film, I love the fact that the current toyline Siege looks a lot like the Cybertron parts.
They really changed a lot since there are no Cybertron scene toys on the shelf or in the making as far as we know. So the director really had power and took a stand to have that scene in.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:10 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread!
Last edited by Evil Eye on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Salacious_Monk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Basically he's not doing the next one there's talk that Paramount are looking at other people for the Optimus Prime movie.

Whoever the next director is, he should be somebody who grew up watching the G1 series...
Salacious_Monk
Mini-Con

Postby Burn » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
For those posting spoilers, we have a thread for it.

Salacious_Monk wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Basically he's not doing the next one there's talk that Paramount are looking at other people for the Optimus Prime movie.

Whoever the next director is, he should be somebody who grew up watching the G1 series...

Why?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Salacious_Monk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:34 am

Burn wrote:For those posting spoilers, we have a thread for it.

Salacious_Monk wrote:

Why?

That's because otherwise the director will hardly understand how most fans fall in love with transformers in the place.
Salacious_Monk
Mini-Con

Postby Burn » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:12 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Salacious_Monk wrote:That's because otherwise the director will hardly understand how most fans fall in love with transformers in the place.

What about those fans who got into transformers because of Beast Wars?

Or those fans who got into Transformers because of Armada/Energon/Cybertron?
(Both groups are old enough to have disposable income now)

WHY does it constantly have to be G1? WHY can't it be something new and different? I mean it's only a franchise whose core concept is about change. Image
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:12 am

Burn wrote:
Salacious_Monk wrote:That's because otherwise the director will hardly understand how most fans fall in love with transformers in the place.

WHY does it constantly have to be G1? WHY can't it be something new and different? I mean it's only a franchise whose core concept is about change. Image

:BOWDOWN:

Maybe in thirty years time we'll get a beast wars movie, but who am I kidding, they'll still be beating the G1 horse's skeleton.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:48 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Burn wrote:For those posting spoilers, we have a thread for it.

Ah, whoops! Sorry about that, I'll move the post to the relevant thread.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Salacious_Monk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:13 am

Burn wrote:

These two series can never match the G1 series. The stories of these two series were OK. But the biggest problem is that there were too few characters. In addition, the robot designs in Beast Wars were utter horrible...
Salacious_Monk
Mini-Con

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:22 am

I'm afraid I must disagree as in my view (your milage will vary) both of those series are superior to G1 toon. The G1 toon was just a toy commercial where you bad characters appearing for no reason (hey Astrotrain where did you come from! And the protectorbots! At least the aerialbots, stunticons, combaticons and technobots got an introduction)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Salacious_Monk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I'm afraid I must disagree as in my view (your milage will vary) both of those series are superior to G1 toon. The G1 toon was just a toy commercial where you bad characters appearing for no reason (hey Astrotrain where did you come from! And the protectorbots! At least the aerialbots, stunticons, combaticons and technobots got an introduction)

In terms of story, yes, the stories of the two series are OK. Some of the G1 stories are not well-written.
But if you have too few characters (like in Beast Wars and Armada), the WAR between autobots and decepticons will be just like a feud between two small gangs...
Salacious_Monk
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS PREVIEW 2nd ptg Optimus Prime var Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 (CA) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS PREVI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Robots In Disguise 1-Step One Target 2015 211112A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 69 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Robot Heroes OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Movie Series Revenge Fallen ROTF 211023A"
Robot Heroes OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Bot Shots Series 2 B001 Series New Hasbro 2013"
Flip Shot BUMBLEBE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #4 Regular Cvr IDW Comics 2017 (W) Barber (A/CA) Zama"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON