This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:46 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Spiderman is good that's all I'll say about that.

Honestly I could see them doing the new g.i Joe film and then have an after credit sequence where it turns out that Cobra Commander had a secret deal with Megatron ala G2
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Deadput » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:Spiderman is good that's all I'll say about that.

Honestly I could see them doing the new g.i Joe film and then have an after credit sequence where it turns out that Cobra Commander had a secret deal with Megatron ala G2

Could be an interesting way to reveal him especially if up to that point there isn't any obvious indication that the film is connected to the Transformers films (Whether Reboot universe or Bayverse although it probably wouldn't work that well with the latter)

Don't know if it would be "good" or if people would receive it well but it would be interesting.

Probably best keep Megatron's appearance mostly hidden (like in shadow or something where you only see an outline of his silhouette and his crimson eyes)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:07 am

Well I would think that would be the case as in the next film, you show that Cobra have helped Megatron repair himself ;)

In any case, there's already talks of an Optimus Prime origin movie, so what we could see there is a definitive reboot carrying on the same themes as Bumblebee but fully advertised as its own thing.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Deadput » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:34 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:Well I would think that would be the case as in the next film, you show that Cobra have helped Megatron repair himself ;)

In any case, there's already talks of an Optimus Prime origin movie, so what we could see there is a definitive reboot carrying on the same themes as Bumblebee but fully advertised as its own thing.

I really hope it's a reboot, I've been getting pretty heated in my comments, just worried at the prospect that Hasbro and Paramount ignore the fact that they could be sitting on a gold mine of a fresh series that could combine the best aspects of G1 and the Bayverse to attempt to go back to the Bay-style films because they used to make a lot of money.

That one producer's (I'm not saying names) comments is what mostly worries me especially with the knowledge that he went as far as to basically sabotage Peter Cullen's audition as Optimus Prime back during the 2007 film's production all because the guy didn't want anything from the old cartoon in the movie. (He basically also made sure that he could only voice Prime and not Ironhide as well), from what I can tell a bunch of that guy's actions lead to a bunch of the previous film's problems. (Like deciding to combine a bunch of scripts and ideas from the writers room stuff into TLK)

You can still make a lot of money by making actual good movies to, more people want a reboot there is a bunch of profit right there!
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Kyleor » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:22 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:This... has completely turned me off to seeing it. I was seriously hopeful,I didn't even know bay was still attached to the film. We don't need any damn continuity with the previous movies, what the hell is he thinking.

uuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrgghh.

The movies themselves barely had any continuity with each other to begin with!

You should go see it. It's very good-there is little to no of the usual Baysplosion-nonsense, instead of story, to lower the quality of the movie. You honestly can't tell that Bay had any influence/part in making it, which is a major plus for it. The story makes sense from beginning to end. Without getting into any spoilers, the timeline of Bumblebee does't line up with the previous Bayverse version of Transformers/Earth history.

It feels like a reboot, no matter what people are being told to say.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 4

Travis Knight Says Megatron Was Not in his Film to Maintain Continuity with Bayverse

Postby william-james88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:28 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
So with all this debate for the months prior about what kind of film Bumblebee was, Travis Knight is being extreamly precise about its status within the Bayverse. We are seeing though, that it's status as a prequel was decided off the bat and now Mr Knight reveals how that stopped him from having Megatron in the film's Cybertron scene, something he wanted and even storyboarded.

Here are the actual quotes from io9:

“I had this whole thing boarded where we’re where we see [Decepticon leader] Megatron and he comes in like Sauron, just blowing **** up and laying waste to everything,” Knight said. However, he then realized in this world, Megatron is currently frozen on Earth, as seen in 2007's Transformers, so that was out.

“So even though I really wanted to see G1 Megatron on the battlefield at the fall Cybertron, I couldn’t do it,” he said. “But I wanted to fit as much of this G1 stuff I loved in there, and so I put my favorite characters in. Obviously there are ones I wish I could put in there, and I would love to see an entire movie about the fall of Cybertron because I think it’s awesome, but just to be able to visit it for a moment, to see the Cybertron of my imaginations on the big screen, it was a real thrill.”

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Kyleor wrote:It feels like a reboot, no matter what people are being told to say.

Its not about what people are being told to say, I just newsed a story saying that Travis Knight was told to make a prequel and thus could not include specific scenes and characters he wanted since it wouldnt fit continuity.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:08 am

I had done so well avoiding spoilers and then we front page one the day the movie comes out :'(
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ScottyP wrote:I had done so well avoiding spoilers and then we front page one the day the movie comes out :'(
Well, considering that this film takes place in 1987 and Megatron doesn't awaken until 2007, I kinda figured that his absence from the film would have been a given (and I still haven't seen it yet but will in about 30 minutes or so from now, as of this typing).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:15 am

Sabrblade wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I had done so well avoiding spoilers and then we front page one the day the movie comes out :'(
Well, considering that this film takes place in 1987 and Megatron doesn't awaken until 2007, I kinda figured that his absence from the film would have been a given (and I still haven't seen it yet but will in about 30 minutes or so from now, as of this typing).
Movie continuity is so loose I assumed there could be some allowance for him being there and getting deactivated again. I was genuinely curious!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Immortal Starscream » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:32 am

Transformers Continuity. An oxymoron since 1984! :-D Personally I think this works in both veins. theres enough connecting tissue to make this a prequel, but also enough pieces that don't fit into the established world to make it a reboot. Personally, I enjoy it for what it is, a dang good transformers movie. I hope it does really really well at the box office, because hasbro needs to make more like this one.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby WiseMan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:59 am

Everyone seems to be discussing whether Bumblebee is a reboot or not. This question can only be asked based on one basic assumption; that a continuity exists for it to be, or not to be, a part of.

On one hand, Travis Knight says there is a continuity and he had to follow certain plot points. Michael Bay said all of his films were sequels. Fantastic. On the other hand, take a look at the actual continuity of the Bayverse films. Megatron's dead at the end of the 3rd movie, very specifically dead in the 4th and comes back as Galvatron, and is then inexplicably back as Megatron for the 5th.

Now, while that's just one example of the many, many continuity plotholes the Bayverse has I bring it up for a specific reason: They stopped Megatron's inclusion in a prequel due to "continuity" while previously allowing Megatron to appear in a sequel despite "continuity".

What they say doesn't match what they do.

If you prefer Bumblebee to be a standalone movie, that's your choice. If you want it to be a prequel, go for it. If you want it to be the start of a reboot, that's fine.

Fortunately for Transformers fans we have the Unicron Singularity for just such situations. :-D
WiseMan
Minibot

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:17 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I'm just taking this movie as a solo film (no pun intended), not a reboot, and not in continuity either. There are so many other contradictions already that not showing Megatron on Cybertron to "preserve continuity", is really superfluous at this point. The manner and arrival of all sorts of Transformers on Earth has changed with each passing film.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby PerfectVision » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:34 am

Maybe he didn't remembered or watched everything:now it's time for every possible mocking-rant on the sequels :lol:

Hmm...My first message has dissapeared :-?
PerfectVision
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Windsweeper » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:10 pm

There are several reasons why Bumblebee doesn't tie in with the Baymovies.

In the 07 movie, Optimus Prime specifically says they're on Earth looking for the Allspark. There's no mention of that in Bumblebee where Prime specifically sends him to Earth to set up a base for the other Autobots.

In the Last Knight, Bumblebee and Hot Rod are seen fighting Nazis during World War 2 but Bumblebee doesn't arrive on Earth until the 80s in the Bumblebee movie.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby 1984forever » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:42 pm

There’s so much talk about the movies being bad and not making any sense continuity wise that I think it’s pushing people away. If not for the Cybertron scenes I wouldn’t have gone to see it. It was a good movie that I think I would’ve enjoyed way better in the comfort of my own home.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Windsweeper wrote:There are several reasons why Bumblebee doesn't tie in with the Baymovies.

In the 07 movie, Optimus Prime specifically says they're on Earth looking for the Allspark. There's no mention of that in Bumblebee where Prime specifically sends him to Earth to set up a base for the other Autobots.

In the Last Knight, Bumblebee and Hot Rod are seen fighting Nazis during World War 2 but Bumblebee doesn't arrive on Earth until the 80s in the Bumblebee movie.

To be fair, there's inconsistencies like that in the bay movies and they are sequels to each other.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just got back from seeing the movie. With no pun intended, I give it a solid B.

As for the continuity issues, it's really primarily just TLK with its "familiar Autobot characters on Earth during historical era events" that this movie conflicts with, more than anything else, which almost gets me wondering if maybe it was decided by Paramount to kinda quietly sweep TLK under the rug and sorta pretend like that movie didn't happen (after how unsuccessful it was as a film).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:00 pm

That's probably for the best. Though regarding TLK, I'm still suprised they went with how Alligned handled Unicron.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby dragons » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I knew this two days ago
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby zko » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Just got back and the movie was much better than I expected it to be in all aspects.

It was much more toned down on the action scenes for most of it, meaning less going on since less combatants total between Autobots, Decepticons, and Army.

I had fun seeing most of the old 80s stuff at the beginning and the G1/Bayverse design mix actually worked pretty well for me even in the parts that looked like a videogame at the Cybertron opening scene.

The part with Optimus totally surrounded and Jon 3.0's Soundwave stuff was pretty cool to see too.

Probably had the most fun out of all the movies so far at this one, was toned down pretty well on the gritty/adult stuff most people complain about with only a few curse words here and there especially compared to TLK and DOTM.

Overall it was more of an adventure movie and less an action flick feel.

Steinfeld came through as a great human lead that worked better than I thought she would as well.

The plot points played out like many things taken from Season 1 of TF: Prime, but with Jack as a girl Charlie Watson and Bee instead of Arcee, the ending especially felt like that episode where June Darby finally finds out about the Transformers, where Airachnid has her kidnapped, especially the scenes where she is atop the crane and Jack has to climb up there were much like that part where Charlie was climbing to stop the transmission to the Decepticons, and Shatter came off like Airachnid in a way... Also her having a job at the Circus was like the KO Burger job Jack has in Season 1, and the bullying he puts up with were like the bullying from the popular girls.

All said and done, it really worked for me, loved it and still hope live action TF will survive into future films being produced.
"Optimus never disappoints... unlike YOU Starscream!"
zko
Micromaster
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+

Transformers Bumblebee Movie Cassettes Given Out By Paramount Australia

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Looks like Australian Transformer fans got to have a fun promotion for the Transformers Bumblebee movie! As Paramount Pictures Australia set up little booths in Sydney and Melbourne where aside from seeing a dancing Bumblebee, you could walk away with a Bumblebee themed blank cassette and a flyer with a link to a special Transformers Bumblebee movie themed Spotify play list!

Now why it looks like the promotion has ended, Australian site Ausdroid has gotten their hands on some and are giving them away to Australian fans who couldn't make it to one of the installations. To enter, go to the Ausdroid website and enter using the form at the bottom of the page, Australian residents only mind.

All non Australians will have to make do with the Spotify list and the ability to make your own 80s Bumblebee soundtrack from preset selections over on Bumblebee Rewind dedicated website.

This site allows you to make your own playlists, share them with friends and play them through Spotify itself.

Will you be listening to this list and be getting into the eighties mood? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Alpha Dominus » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Ah man. Loved the 80's soundtrack to the movie. Would've loved snatching one of these...
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby xMXUx » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:00 am

Motto: "True hell is life gone wrong"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
As a serious cassette collector I'd love to get my hands on one of these :x so if anyone happens to have one and wanna get rid of it, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands ;) otherwise I'll be on the lookout on the internet haha
If drinking's what it take to be accepted
I'd rather stay aware and be rejected

Uniform Choice - No Thanks
xMXUx
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
We have arrived.

Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LOUDSY Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob sound speaker 2019 Hasbro"
LOUDSY Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "S'UP DAWG Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro Corn Dog Hot"
S'UP DAWG Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CON-PACKTOR Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League backpack 2019"
CON-PACKTOR Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIZZKICK Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020"
FIZZKICK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLOOD JUG Transformers BotBots Series 5 Wilderness Troop water container 2020"
FLOOD JUG Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRATWORST Transformers BotBots Series 5 Movie Moguls bratwurst Hasbro 2020"
BRATWORST Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOT-T-BUILDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Cardio Clique kettlebell weight 2020"
BOT-T-BUILDER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLAT FLOUR FACE Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes rolling pin import"
FLAT FLOUR FACE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Kre-o Capsule RED ALERT Transformers Kreon G1 toy Japan Takara Tomy 2014 New"
Kre-o Capsule RED ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMORE N' MORE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 s'mores"
SMORE N' MORE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHREDDER JACK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro"
SHREDDER JACK Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PERFUMIGATOR Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers perfume bottle 2019"
PERFUMIGATOR Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 Set of 24 Single Packs Transformers 2022 New"
BotBots Series 6 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NRJEEZ Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Energy Drink Soda Can"
NRJEEZ Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON