Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Greetings fellow Seibertronians! So, Bumblebee did kind of well at the box office, did you hear? So well in fact that although not even the power of the Matrix itself could put its sibling company Paramount in the black, it nonetheless was able to provide Viacom with a considerable earnings boost! According to the Hollywood Reporter Viacom CEO Bob Bakish points to the studio’s new management’s schedule of movies such as Bumblebee which, he notes, was a step in a new direction "It's a better movie, the characters are better, the story is better, it's done in a more fiscally responsible way, and we're making nice money on it,".

The information was presented last Tuesday at the J.P. Morgan Technology, Media, and Communications Conference in Boston. He also discussed Bumblebee along with other projects and mergers to be the beginning steps in revitalizing Paramount Pictures. Viacom posted adjusted earnings of $383 million, or 95 cents per share, compared with $371 million, or 92 cents per share, as was posted in the year prior. Wall Street had estimated Viacom would only average 81 cents per share.

He was also presented with the current issue of trade talks between the U.S. and China and if he foresaw that impacting Viacom and other Hollywood studios. “Clearly there’s a lot of noise about China, creating some uncertainty…I don’t anticipate any long-term problem here, but we will have to see how the negotiations play out,” he said.

Viacom posted adjusted operating income of $29 million, compared to last years figure of just $9 million. There is currently estimated to be a loss of $20 million amid a 3.5 percent revenue decline, but spillover from Bumblebee supplementing the offset of theatrical decreases versus home video revenue declines.

In conclusion he stated “This quarter we executed strongly on our strategic priorities and made significant progress in advancing our evolution. We grew viewership share at our flagship networks, accelerated our Advanced Marketing Solutions and continued our momentum at Paramount Pictures. As the media landscape continues to segment across price points, we’re confident in our strategy, strong results and the opportunities ahead as we continue to position Viacom for the future”

Last edited by 00Stargrave00 on Wed May 22, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
00Stargrave00
News Staff
News Credits: 45
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers Bumblebee Movie Discussion Thread

Postby 15ngcs1 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am

Ironhidensh wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Bumblebee movie would have still been just as good as it is even if these designs hadn't been in the movie.

Yeah, I said it.

Absolutely. The real stars of this film were the better focus on quality writing, and the far more family friendly outlook overall. No stupid crude humor or out of place panty shots. Closer focus on a smaller number of characters who get some actual development. The fights you could actually follow instead of getting a blurry whirlwind mess.

The new designs were just a happy bonus.

Exactly.
15ngcs1
Mini-Con

Postby Aimless Misfire » Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Yay! Now they're going to see it like no Transformers movie can be successful without Bumblebee. They have been force feeding us Bumblebee for the past 12 years & now we can look forward to another 12 years of having Bumblebee rammed down our throats.

Oh joy! The Mary Sue/Gary Stu of the Transformers franchise. When standing next to Bumblebee, Decepticons become mindless idiots that just stand there & barely fight back. Really looking forward to more of that BS. Why have other Autobots at all when Bumblebee can easily destroy every Decepticon all by himself??? The war between Autobots & Decepticons raged on for millennia? I doubt it. Bumblebee could have ended the war on the first day. Even if something manages to destroy Bumblebee, he'll just magically pull himself back together with no explanation whatsoever as seen in The Last Knight. :roll:
Aimless Misfire
Minibot

Postby Burn » Wed May 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Aimless Misfire wrote:Yay! Now they're going to see it like no Transformers movie can be successful without Bumblebee. They have been force feeding us Bumblebee for the past 12 years & now we can look forward to another 12 years of having Bumblebee rammed down our throats.

Oh joy! The Mary Sue/Gary Stu of the Transformers franchise. When standing next to Bumblebee, Decepticons become mindless idiots that just stand there & barely fight back. Really looking forward to more of that BS. Why have other Autobots at all when Bumblebee can easily destroy every Decepticon all by himself??? The war between Autobots & Decepticons raged on for millennia? I doubt it. Bumblebee could have ended the war on the first day. Even if something manages to destroy Bumblebee, he'll just magically pull himself back together with no explanation whatsoever as seen in The Last Knight. :roll:

Tell us ... who ties you to a chair and holds your eyes open and forces you to watch it?
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Slow your mustang down, bud. I respect your “uniform.” You’re lucky I just happen to like you too. :-D
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 209

Postby Randomhero » Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Burn wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:Yay! Now they're going to see it like no Transformers movie can be successful without Bumblebee. They have been force feeding us Bumblebee for the past 12 years & now we can look forward to another 12 years of having Bumblebee rammed down our throats.

Tell us ... who ties you to a chair and holds your eyes open and forces you to watch it?

He’s a troll who hops here and tfw2005 and complains about everything and starts fights for no reason and then leaves. Just block him like most the communities have.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Burn » Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Randomhero wrote:
Burn wrote:

He’s a troll who hops here and tfw2005 and complains about everything and starts fights for no reason and then leaves. Just block him like most the communities have.

I'm well aware of this, stop ruining my fun ...
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Slow your mustang down, bud. I respect your “uniform.” You’re lucky I just happen to like you too. :-D
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
Ironhidensh wrote:The new designs were just a happy bonus.

My thoughts exactly.

The movie could have been just as good without the Cybertron scene entirely. However, that scene served as one delicious appetizer before the very fulfilling meal.
♥♥♥ Love is in the air ♥♥♥

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 18
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Munkky » Wed May 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I wonder how positive he'll be when that live-action Sonic movie is out?
Munkky
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Nexus Knight » Wed May 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Munkky wrote:I wonder how positive he'll be when that live-action Sonic movie is out?

Well, maybe since they've been listening to fans, still happy?
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Vehicon
News Credits: 5
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed May 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
Nexus Knight wrote:
Munkky wrote:I wonder how positive he'll be when that live-action Sonic movie is out?

Well, maybe since they've been listening to fans, still happy?

I'm pretty sure they did that horrible design on purpose. That creepy Sonic was made ONLY for the trailer. So, they actually won't fix anything because there's nothing to fix to begin with. The real Sonic is already in the movie since the beginning.
♥♥♥ Love is in the air ♥♥♥

-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 18
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Burn » Wed May 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Back to Bumblebee...

Burn
Forum Admin

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:33 pm

I’ll be honest I had some of that troll hate in my heart I shared some of those same criticisms maybe not as colorfully but I’ll be honest, the franchise left me to the point where I waited for BB to come out on DVD. And I regret it like crazy now. Bumblebee fixed everything for me it healed some disappointments I’d had and I’d gladly take a Bumblebee series of movies if it meant this level of quality from here on out.
00Stargrave00
News Staff

Paramount Replacing Transformers Bumblebee DVD's With Faulty Audio Sync Issue

Postby 00Stargrave00 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:59 am

According to a new article from Comicbook.com some customers who received their Transformers Bumblebee 4K Ultra HD DVD's have been reporting audio sync issues where the sound is not matching the picture. Paramount has received enough complaints to issue a formal statement which follows:

"In response to Bumblebee UHD’s picture and audio sync issues being observed on some playback platforms, we have determined we can tighten their alignment to remedy the audio sync lag issue. Audio sync lag was observed primarily with the English ATMOS track, but we are addressing all the audio tracks on the disc regardless. The majority of consumers may never notice the sync issue, but unfortunately, the audio sync lag is exacerbated by viewing the film via the “ARC” (Audio Return Channel) port on TVs that output to a sound-bar or receiver. Compliance amongst TV manufacturer ARC implementation is not standardized, thus different set-ups will exhibit different and varying playback behavior, even if played back on the same set-up multiple times. A replacement disc is already ready that will align the picture and audio sync better, but do note, it still may not remedy all the ARC playback set-ups in the market – we suggest consulting your manufacturer’s documentation on how to align picture and audio sync if still experiencing lag."

The article further states that faulty DVD's are encouraged to include their shipping information and mail their defective UHD discs to the below address to receive the replacement disc free of charge.

Paramount Pictures
5555 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA
Attn: Customer Service RE: Bumblebee
00Stargrave00
News Staff

Postby SpeedyEric » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Good thing I bought the movie on Blu-ray. I have no reason yet to buy a UHD player or a collection of UHDs to support it.
SpeedyEric
Mini-Con

Postby YRQRM0 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Dang, good to know. I might just get it for the day I get a UHD player :)
YRQRM0
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Endurance: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
Twincast / Podcast #225:
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS SMASHDOWN FIGUER" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE - Siege War For Cybertron - Transformers Voyager Class 2019 - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Autobot - Springer - NIB In Hand Ships Fast" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron starscream" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Voyager Optimus Prime E3541" on EBAY