This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New 'Power of the Primes' Fan Vote Online in January 2017

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: New 'Power of the Primes' Fan Vote Online in January 2017

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 am

I feel like we should maybe end the political stuff here before it potentially escalates.

That said, I like these options, but I honestly wanted to vote for who I want a figure of more. I'd like a nice voyager Primal to go with my Rhinox, Rattrap, Blackarachnia and Waspinator. I guess he might get a Prime redesign though, so I'm not really sure where I want my vote to go. If there's not going to be a redesign other than "Well I guess this guy's a Prime now," I'll vote Primal. Otherwise Star Saber. He's got a cool design in MTMTE already, and I'd like to see where they'd go with him.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Deadput » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
The unknown evil (Deathasaurs) winning I'm going to call got rigged and would of gone to the next round regardless because Hasbro probably wants to milk the pointless marketing around the character like hasbro probably would and the fact he is called "Wild Card" instead of also being a part of "Chaos" like Primal the other 3 are definitely genuine results though I believe.

That and Decepticons don't usually win fan votes because of the children and the "Facebook casuals" who don't give a slags afterburner about bad guys.

Just saying this to make myself feel better that two people from the same category won.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Burn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:10 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Well ... I'm done.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:11 am

Deadput wrote:The unknown evil (Deathasaurs) winning I'm going to call got rigged and would of gone to the next round regardless because Hasbro probably wants to milk the pointless marketing around the character like hasbro probably would and the fact he is called "Wild Card" instead of also being a part of "Chaos" like Primal the other 3 are definitely genuine results though I believe.

That and Decepticons don't usually win fan votes because of the children and the "Facebook casuals" who don't give a slags afterburner about bad guys.

Just saying this to make myself feel better that two people from the same category won.

I honestly wouldn't be super surprised myself, considering he's the only one not named. It's a really weird thing to do in a vote, putting in someone not a lot of people might recognize as a choice.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Firepower: 2

Postby Luigi65gt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:23 am

Motto: "It's more then meets the eye, it's Luigi in disguise!"
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Nik Hero wrote:
16174739_10154045889057161_2979564106239927065_n.jpg

Pretty much how I feel. I want primal to win, I 'll be happy if magnus, or star saber wins. I do find it funny how we are having a second chance on mysterious evil *cough deathsaurus. Cant help but think that their pushing him on to us.
My girlfriend asked me why I carry a gun in the house, what am I afraid of? I looked at her straight in the eye and said "The decepticons". She laughed, I laughed, and the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster, it was a good time.
Luigi65gt
Mini-Con
Watch Luigi65gt on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby Terrsolpix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:29 am

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Star Saber or I riot
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Terrsolpix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:33 am

Autobot Roadburn wrote:
Deadput wrote:The unknown evil (Deathasaurs) winning I'm going to call got rigged and would of gone to the next round regardless because Hasbro probably wants to milk the pointless marketing around the character like hasbro probably would and the fact he is called "Wild Card" instead of also being a part of "Chaos" like Primal the other 3 are definitely genuine results though I believe.

I honestly wouldn't be super surprised myself, considering he's the only one not named. It's a really weird thing to do in a vote, putting in someone not a lot of people might recognize as a choice.

They can't call it DeathSaurus, and Dezarus is its own character...... I'm guessing they're waiting and seeing if there is any interest before trademarking a new name. Honestly it's a guess, and I'm not claiming to know much about this kind of thing.
Terrsolpix
Combiner

Postby Deadput » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:37 am

Terrsolpix wrote:
They can't call it DeathSaurus, and Dezarus is its own character...... I'm guessing they're waiting and seeing if there is any interest before trademarking a new name. Honestly it's a guess, and I'm not claiming to know much about this kind of thing.

But the recent Liokaiser combiner wars figure gave him the name Dezarus and yes they are the same character he just has Leozack's colors it was confirmed.

So name trademark is not the reason he is called "Unknown Evil"
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Terrsolpix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:38 am

Deadput wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:

But the recent Liokaiser combiner wars figure gave him the name Dezarus and yes they are the same character he just has Leozack's colors it was confirmed.

So name trademark is not the reason he is called "Unknown Evil"

It was more of a tinfoil conspiracy than anything else:HEADHURTS:
Terrsolpix
Combiner

Postby Deadput » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:51 am

looking at the results page again I feel even more sure about my reasoning for Unknown Evil's winning being rigged due to a line the page says.

"Announcing the three group contenders and the wild card contender."

First of all Unknown evil was part of the Chaos group with Primal and therefor should be labeled as chaos too otherwise how does one become selected to be a "wild card" it was not an option for us to vote for so the way this happened are.

1: The voting was rigged and he was always meant to go on to the second round as a wild card.

2: He had the exact same number of votes as Primal because I'm sure normally/fairly he would not move on even if he had one less vote then Primal.

3: Hasbro did a random dice roll or random number generator on who would be the wild card and Mr.Unknownazarus just conveniently happened to be picked.

What are your guy's thoughts on the whole thing because unless it's option number 2 I consider an extra person moving on to be unfair because if that's the case they might as well as as had two extra people from Honor and Order move on too I mean I'm calling it now the final vote is between Mr.Unknownazarus and one of these three.

Chaos indeed...
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:10 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Boo!! I voted for Arcee, Deathsaurus and Star Saber. Truth be told, I'd have preferred another fembot or a fembot in each category. I like Arcee, but she's not the only fembot in the Transformers universe.

I would assume that if this is going to tie into the IDW-verse at all, Star Saber can't win-he's a douche in IDW. IDW Deathsaurus is actually a Decepticon with a conscience-it might be interesting to see him take it. We recently had an Ultra Magnus figure in Combiner Wars, so I doubt they'd do another one so soon. Plus, he's stuck on Necroworld for the time being.

If they don't tie it into IDW, and it's just a toy in a toyline, I'd say it'll probably go to Star Saber- he's never had a toy in the West.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby leokearon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:23 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I smell rigged vote. Unless as already mentioned Deathsaurus got equal votes to Primal, he shouldn't even be there. It is clear that Hasbro want "Unknown Evil" to win as they probably have a toy and plot already worked out.

As for the proper candidates
Ultra Magnus: though he is my favourite TF of all time, I won't be voting for him since I don't want him leaving Lost Light
Optimus Primal: Hasn't really appeared in the comics.
Star Saber: I don't want a Leader who wants to go on an Atheist Holocaust
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Amelie » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:26 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Well... in my opinion, the most boring choices went through, so I'm done voting now. I only voted Deathsaurus originally because I deemed it the lesser of three evils and hopefully some catalyst for other toys.
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Munkky » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:30 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
It's a shame Hound didn't get through, but I'm happy Star Saber and Optimus Primal did, so I'm backing Primal all the way. The fact that Hasbro have added Deathsaurus as a "Wild Card" makes me think they were banking on him getting through the first round and they still want to hammer in the "Oooh mystery evil oooh who could it be oooh even though we've done nothing to hide the fact it's Deathsaurus oooh" angle.
More than anything though, I do hope at least some of the candidates that don't win this vote still get toys in Power of the Primes even if they're not Primes, I'd love a new Voyager Shockwave.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:02 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
None of my choices got through so I've lost interest in this. Magnus is ok as long as it's not silly minimus thingy from IDW. Never seen the appeal of Star Saber at all.

Guess my quest continues for a decent voyager Thunderwing...
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Sodan-1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:40 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Yeah, disappointed with all of these. As others have said, what's the fun in having the next leader of Cybertron be an existing leader in one way or another.

And where did this 'wild card' come from? Seems to me Hasbro want an excuse to push the 'unknown evil' into the spotlight even if no one else does.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:14 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Deszaras needs to win. Kek Unicron wills it.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 am

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
The was always going to be 4 choices, the choice with the most votes after all the categories' winners, is, by definition the wild card.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6

Postby Autobot N » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:00 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Shame that Shockwave didn't make it.

Oh well, on to the next contender.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby RAR » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 am

I suppose Deathzarus (they might change that spelling to Dezarus or similar) is acceptable to me and he'd be great paired with Starsaber.

I'd have preferred Megatron for story reasons - but you can certainly tell a story with Deathhsaurus and Star Saber - also we might get their hangers on and associate characters too - so that would be a really nice change of pace as to some they'd be all new Characters while to those more versed they'd be a nice nod to another G1 flavour.

So yeah BOTH being in the toyline makes a lot of sense.

Who knows we might get a Degeist repaint out of it too. if they go full on Victory/Zone/Battlestars homage I'm up for that.

Though they might not bother with the Deathzarus Leader class if they think the Combiner is enough.

But i'm pretty pleased we dodged the Arcee issues - I'm happy for her to have an increased role - I just didn't want her as a Prime (yet) or as part of this trilogy.

Who knows maybe we can suggest to Hasbro that they could import Takara's Beast Saga or make something similar and tie them to the Transformers Brand too.
RAR
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:24 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Let me put it this way. Setting MPs aside, we've recently gotten a splendid Ultra Magnus toy (the CW Leader), and the current Hasbro team has recently been on a Japanese G1 streak so Star Saber and Deszaras are bound to get proper Hasbro toys at some point anyway (Deszaras is even rumored to be coming in the Titans Return line). So really, as far as non-MP/non-exclusive Hasbro toys are concerned, there's really only one choice I can make from this selection, and it's one from a series that Hasbro has gone out of its way to deliberately ignore even on its 20th anniversary.

Moreover, people want more classic beast characters, right? Predacons, Terrorcons, Seacons, Dinobots (proper Classics-style non-Grimlock G1 Dinobots, that is), etc. So of these choices here, what better way to send Hasbro that message than by forcing them to do the munky? ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot N » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Considering that:
1. SWORDS
2. I want a toy of him that I can actually afford
I'll be going Star Saber now.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Va'al » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:32 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
A comics-y note on Star Saber, just for fun:

The current version of Star Saber, the religious zealot who kinda wants to kill everything, is another suit - just like Ultra Magnus - and endorsed by ex-chief Justice Tyrest as the new enforcer of the Tyrest Accord. That was a long while ago, Tyrest is gone for now, and it is possible, I think at least, that we could have a new Star Saber (as in same suit, different piloting dudebot) show up on Cybertron. Or at least, it's something that could be done.

(Or Cybertron just goes to the dogs after Starscream messes up something bad, and BAM it is Made Great Again.)

Primal would be a very out of left field choice, for the comics, but not one that hasn't been seeded since Eukarys, and even Rhinox showing up all that time ago with Galvatron 'The Barbarian'.

Others have already mentioned Deathsaurus' role/place so far.

Hm. :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 am

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:Let me put it this way. Setting MPs aside, we've recently gotten a splendid Ultra Magnus toy (the CW Leader), and the current Hasbro team has recently been on a Japanese G1 streak so Star Saber and Deszaras are bound to get proper Hasbro toys at some point anyway (Deszaras is even rumored to be coming in the Titans Return line). So really, as far as non-MP/non-exclusive Hasbro toys are concerned, there's really only one choice I can make from this selection, and it's one from a series that Hasbro has gone out of its way to deliberately ignore even on its 20th anniversary.

Moreover, people want more classic beast characters, right? Predacons, Terrorcons, Seacons, Dinobots (proper Classics-style non-Grimlock G1 Dinobots, that is), etc. So of these choices here, what better way to send Hasbro that message than by forcing them to do the munky? ;)

Great points!
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship

Postby dragons » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:04 am

Knew primal would make it no surprise there
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol 1 ORIGIN (NEW 52) tpb DC Comics OCT127119 (A/CA) Lee (W)Johns"
JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC028 1054A (CA) Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1070 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0123DC056 1070A (CA) Cagle"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1072 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0323DC195 1072D (CA) Fiumara"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #403 multi-pack DC Comics 1989 (A/CA) Cowan (W) Collins 230915A"
BATMAN #403 multi- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0923DC074 139G (W) Zdarsky (CA) Schmidt"
BATMAN #139 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1122DC116 (CA) Infantino + Anderson"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Superman MAN OF STEEL #2 DC Comics 1991 (A/CA) Bogdanove (W) Simonson 230305A"
Superman MAN OF ST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #428 Robin Lives 2nd ptg Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1023DC998 (CA) Aparo"
BATMAN #428 Robin ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #686 DC Comics 1995 (CA) Nolan + Janson (W) Dixon 230915B"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #144 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 1223DC012 144A (CA) Camuncoli + Nesi (W)Zdarsky"
BATMAN #144 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr O 1:75 DC Comics 2023 DEC222897 1O (CA) Di Meo (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #520 DC Comics 1995 (CA) Jones (W) Moench (A) Barreto 230915A"
BATMAN #520 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC030 1054C (CA) Talaski"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON