This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM3 Bumblebee Thread

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I need to see some comparative pictures of this guy and Wei Jiang Battle Hornet, like, yesterday.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby UberSmaug » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Prowl4 wrote:
UberSmaug wrote:While I do think this looks fantastic the price just seems outrageous. If I'm seeing this correctly $159.99 in Singapore translated to roughly $115 US plus tax. I can't be the only one that thinks that is just crazy. This guy look to be to scaled with other MP cars like Tracks, Prowl, and Sideswipe. I figured this was going to be somewhere around $80 which still seems overpriced to be honest, But +100 is steeeeeeep. Would that also put MPM-04 pushing $200!!!!. Is there a Plastic shortage I don't know about or are Takara/Hasbro just taking us for a ride.

Don't like the price? Don't buy it then.

Oh I fully intend to buy. This guy looks better every time I see it. My hats off to the designers. Engineering looks top notch, love that the wheels are actually accurately centered under his feet and not hanging off to the side. I was just shocked to see a sticker price that was $35 more than expected. Just makes me wonder if there are going to be some classic Hasbro cuts to hit that lower price point. They indicated that they would be identical but Takara often goes all out on better paint apps. In this case it could really make the difference for those looking for the definitive MP Bee. There were some questionable pics a while back that still have me concerned.
UberSmaug
Mini-Con

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
UberSmaug wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
UberSmaug wrote:While I do think this looks fantastic the price just seems outrageous. If I'm seeing this correctly $159.99 in Singapore translated to roughly $115 US plus tax. I can't be the only one that thinks that is just crazy. This guy look to be to scaled with other MP cars like Tracks, Prowl, and Sideswipe. I figured this was going to be somewhere around $80 which still seems overpriced to be honest, But +100 is steeeeeeep. Would that also put MPM-04 pushing $200!!!!. Is there a Plastic shortage I don't know about or are Takara/Hasbro just taking us for a ride.

Don't like the price? Don't buy it then.

Oh I fully intend to buy. This guy looks better every time I see it. My hats off to the designers. Engineering looks top notch, love that the wheels are actually accurately centered under his feet and not hanging off to the side. I was just shocked to see a sticker price that was $35 more than expected. Just makes me wonder if there are going to be some classic Hasbro cuts to hit that lower price point. They indicated that they would be identical but Takara often goes all out on better paint apps. In this case it could really make the difference for those looking for the definitive MP Bee. There were some questionable pics a while back that still have me concerned.

Again, Hasbro product prices in countries other than the US are higher when going via the exchange rate. It will still be $80 domestically, and the quality will be the same as like, say, the same product released in Europe. Japan however, headed by TakaraTomy, is a different story.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
UberSmaug wrote:
Hasbro confirmed a whiiile ago that the US price for MPM-03 would be $80, and MPM-04 would be $100.

I read that too but somethings not adding up. If googles currency exchange calculator is correct. The hasbro/takara releases may not be so identical after all. We'll have to wait and see. I hope I'm wrong.

Currencies never add up since they are constantly changing and prices are settled at the local market way before they come out. So it wont add up, ever.

The price chosen for the US market was $80 and thats it. You wont find it for that exact same price elsewhere.

And to prove how nothing matches up, people in Japan are able to buy this toy for $67,71 http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

And you wont be able to get that exact price anywhere else either.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Actar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:54 am

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."
Anyone interested in a video review? (^o^)

Actar
Micromaster
News Credits: 14
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Video Review for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM3 Bumblebee

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:50 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
After the several in-hand images we've seen, fellow Seibertronian Actar has also shared with us a video review for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM3 Bumblebee! You can check out the video below, and let us know what you think of this new movieverse figure (one of three so far, with Optimus Prime and another yet to be fully confirmed) in the Energon Pub.

Actar wrote:Anyone interested in a video review? (^o^)

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby dragons » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:18 am

Good review thanks for sharing I skipped articulation part in video it's all same on different figures
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:51 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
That was an awesome review! Man, this figure is great! You were right about the details sort of getting lost but then I saw them better in your review. And the door wings and where they sit is great and I love the lack of kibble anywhere. the die cast is awesome too.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Actar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:36 am

To add on to what the others have said, the prices of TF figures in Singapore are horrendously inflated. Deluxes are SGD34.99 and Voyagers are SGD59.99...
Actar
Micromaster

Postby User897 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:50 am

I recommend watching this with the sound off. That guy's voice is annoying. I still can't justify the price, so hopefully Wei Jiang or somebody will release one with the mentioned annoyances fixed.
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:10 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
User897 wrote:I recommend watching this with the sound off. That guy's voice is annoying. I still can't justify the price, so hopefully Wei Jiang or somebody will release one with the mentioned annoyances fixed.

Come on, he was just fine... appart from the very hairy hands that were just a tad distracting.

Anyway, I'll wait for it to come out locally. Let's hope it will be the same as the Classic MP-Bee. Horrendous price at first, then sale/clearance while there's LOT of stock for a long time.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Actar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:12 am

User897 wrote:I recommend watching this with the sound off. That guy's voice is annoying. I still can't justify the price, so hopefully Wei Jiang or somebody will release one with the mentioned annoyances fixed.

I'm right here, you know. (-.-)
Actar
Micromaster

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:19 am

It's that simple."
Actar wrote:I'm right here, you know. (-.-)

That was a very great review! And to see the roof hiding feature in action finally gave me the desire to buy this MP... Eventually.

Keep up the good work, manly, manly man!
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Prowl4 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:40 am

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Come on, he was just fine... appart from the very hairy hands that were just a tad distracting.

Anyway, I'll wait for it to come out locally. Let's hope it will be the same as the Classic MP-Bee. Horrendous price at first, then sale/clearance while there's LOT of stock for a long time.

Not a fan of this way of thinking. Waiting for it to go on sale and clearance is insulting.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby wilcosu35 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:26 am

I wasn't very keen on this but i'm starting to like it more and more. I'll keep an eye on HLJ. They're currently sold out of their preorders unfortunately.
'Met grijze worst, lekker warm, formaat afgeschoten kinderarm.
Wordt in Utrecht zeer terecht, al eeuwenlang het brood belegd'
wilcosu35
Headmaster

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Prowl4 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Not a fan of this way of thinking. Waiting for it to go on sale and clearance is insulting.

No. Just..... No. There is a whole list of reasons to set this post of yours on fire, but let's just leave it at not paying full price for an over priced item, and waiting for a sale is smart economics.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:33 pm

It's that simple."
Ironhidensh wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

No. Just..... No. There is a whole list of reasons to set this post of yours on fire, but let's just leave it at not paying full price for an over priced item, and waiting for a sale is smart economics.

It's a two edged sword really. Often, I DID get burned. Meaning waiting for a sale was NOT the way to go because the figure went into the store like a droplet of water on a hot pan. But too many times, I buy a figure too early only to see a SWARM of them on clearance some weeks or months later.

So, my attitude toward that MP-Movie-Bee is based on the Classic MP-Bee I saw in store. First, it's Bee so you can bet your ass that it WILL be available aplenty. Second, the Classic MP^-Bee was at a whopping 120$CAN as the initial price. Only to go down quickly to 99$CAN and finally ending at 68$CAN. (Not counting getting my Hasbro version at 34$CAN total due to some shenanigan after paying 130$CAN for my Takara).

So, I'm pretty confident that I will NOT miss out on MP-Movie-Bee and I'll be able to eventually get him for around 80$CAN total. [-(

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Prowl4 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:21 am

Ironhidensh wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

:lol:
It's not over priced
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 am

If Hasbro can save money with repaints, then why can't I ?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Prowl4 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 am

william-james88 wrote:If Hasbro can save money with repaints, then why can't I ?

This isn't a repaint though.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 am

Prowl4 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:If Hasbro can save money with repaints, then why can't I ?

Doesn't matter. They find ways to save money for their business, I will find ways to save money for me. Looking at it in a general sense on both sides.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Prowl4 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:46 am

william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

Doesn't matter. They find ways to save money for their business, I will find ways to save money for me. Looking at it in a general sense on both sides.

It actually does matter as you've said something wildly out of context and inaccurate so there's that.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 am

Prowl4 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

It actually does matter as you've said something wildly out of context and inaccurate so there's that.

Nope. We are talking about buying it on sale, which is what I will do. And I will do so because Hasbro as a business saves money oing certain things, like redecos ad retools I dont care for. So I will save money every chance I get as well.

If you think something is urelated, please report a post instead of being judge and jury on what someone says.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I'm buying this guy full price as soon as I can. This is a great figure and as far as I can see, it is completely worth the $80 price they are asking.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Prowl4 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:59 am

william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:

Nope. We are talking about buying it on sale, which is what I will do. And I will do so because Hasbro as a business saves money oing certain things, like redecos ad retools I dont care for. So I will save money every chance I get as well.

If you think something is urelated, please report a post instead of being judge and jury on what someone says.

Cool I'll report it so as it is unrelated to what the discussion is about which it most certainly is. Nobody is being judge nor jury that's another incorrect statement.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON