This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby RAR » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:51 pm

I think there is a slight chance that there may be some Combiner Torso functionality in some of the toys.

Also notice that Skullgrin-Prime's Shell also turns into an articulated hand with a 5mm Post on a hing on the back.

So it look like instead of combiner hand/foot/guns you may be expected to use the Prime-Titanmasters vehicle Pretender analogues instead.

Oh and the idea of using the 12/13 as the innards of unrelated Pretender shells is a bit bonkers - but they will possibly inspires some Dinoforce/Monstructor possibilities too if they can get around the limitation of the #12 for mini-figures.

The easiest way to get around the Prime limitations is to use some other sort of mini-figure or even more Titanmasters (like Arcee) - but the problem then is they'd be breaking up the play pattern.

Datapads seem to still be possible though as they can claim they carry over the tiny foot pegs and limited other interactions with the "Masters" so it may be worth to keep pestering them about Steeljaw and Eject & Frenzy etc...

[I expect it's a lost cause on Steeljaw though]
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Silverwing » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Great reveals so far.=! I just can't wait to behold the inevitable Optimus Primal. Beast Wars forever! :MAXIMAL: :PREDACON:
Silverwing
Micromaster

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
RAR wrote:I think there is a slight chance that there may be some Combiner Torso functionality in some of the toys.

Not on the POTP ones, their gimick is storing the small titan masters inside them somewhere.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby MadProject » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Weapon: Sword
official renderings for the figures we saw, from Hasbro Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/transformers/p ... cation=ufi
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby Nexus Knight » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Background lore info and play-pattern info on the Prime Master gimmick from John Warden:

If I'm understanding him correctly, he's saying that all Leader classes will be Deluxes that combine with the "Prime" part of their vehicle mode to "evolve" to Prime-mode?
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

SDCC 2017: Official Images for Transformers Power of the Primes Toys #HasbroSDCC

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:09 pm

We have seen the Hasbro SDCC 2017 display, had a revealing breakfast, assisted the panel and now it's time to see the official product images. These are 3D renders, so the exact colouring is not always the same as it will look in toy form. It is also not obvious what is painted, what is stickered and what is coloured plastic so just keep that in mind. These particular images are all for the Power of the Primes line and feature:

Starscream
Jazz
Rodimus Prime
Beachcomber
Dreadwing
Pime Master Liege Maximo

Let us know which of these toys you are looking most forward to!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Nexus Knight wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Background lore info and play-pattern info on the Prime Master gimmick from John Warden:

If I'm understanding him correctly, he's saying that all Leader classes will be Deluxes that combine with the "Prime" part of their vehicle mode to "evolve" to Prime-mode?

Wishing they'd saved Powermaster Optimus Prime til that so we could have had the smaller Prime robot... Like that third party transformable cab replacment coming out.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
william-james88 wrote:

so it's not even Skullgrin? Wuh?

Freaky. Looks like Hot Rod is trying to escape Rodimus' body

I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby o.supreme » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Two Adverts for RP, and none for poor Darkwing ;). Also I thought it was strange changing his name to "Blackwing" (considering it seems they want to be PC and remove any trace of that color from any of their TF names like Black Skyshadow, Black Convoy RiD Scourge etc...) But then I guess, they had to change the name due to a certain superhero duck Disney probably still has name rights to...
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Waaaaaait a minute. Look at those black blocks on Starscream's null-rays. And look at those suspicious voids on his forearms...

Is Starscream a combiner torso?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Black Hat wrote:Waaaaaait a minute. Look at those black blocks on Starscream's null-rays. And look at those suspicious voids on his forearms...

The Voyagers' gimmick is that that Prime Masters connect to the Voyagers' arms in robot mode.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby RAR » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm certain Jazz has 100% Combiner limb compatibility.
All he's missing is the Hand-foot-gun - you can even see the 5mm port hole in his left ankle.
RAR
Gestalt

Postby Marcdachamp » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Rodimus is a must-own. Love Skullgrin/Liege Maximo. Like Beachcomber a lot, but I really want him in G2 colors.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby SureShot18 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Waaaaaait a minute. Look at those black blocks on Starscream's null-rays. And look at those suspicious voids on his forearms...

The Voyagers' gimmick is that that Prime Masters connect to the Voyagers' arms in robot mode.

So what I'm seeing is that every Voyager is going to have ridiculously big boxing gloves. I sure hope not but if that's the case, I probably won't get many voyagers.
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Isnt taht just the big hole where his massive fists hide into when you transform him. Like with every other bot with holes in his forearms?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby LE0KING » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Can we take a minute to acknowledge the fact that overlord can store the matrix in his chest! (Evil giggle)
LE0KING
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 pm

RAR wrote:I'm certain Jazz has 100% Combiner limb compatibility.
All he's missing is the Hand-foot-gun - you can even see the 5mm port hole in his left ankle.

He does come with one, it becomes chest armour that the prime master can plug into.

Sabrblade wrote:The Voyagers' gimmick is that that Prime Masters connect to the Voyagers' arms in robot mode.

They may connect differently, as was hinted in the panel.

Personally guys, I really dislike this Starscream. I am worried as to wha the other voygers will look like.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby grimdragon2001 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
LE0KING wrote:Can we take a minute to acknowledge the fact that overlord can store the matrix in his chest! (Evil giggle)

thats a cool idea
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I just realized something about this new Jazz mold. He doesn't have the door wings. That actually makes his silhouette a lot more G1 animation accurate! While the "Reveal the Shield/Transformers: United" release of Jazz is clearly a superior figure, it does have the door wings, which are perfectly G1 toy accurate, but not G1 cartoon animation model accurate. That distinction does make a big difference for some fans. I usually do sway much more towards cartoon accuracy, but the door wings on my United Jazz don't really bother me.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Firepower: 2

Postby RAR » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 pm

People have been begging for a decent Voyager Starscream since Unicron Trilogy and I don't really consider this a success - from what I can see of it so far it has just as many niggles as the Leader had for me.

It's fine if you look at it in a Unicron Trilogy context as a Gimmick Kids line Voyager - But it's not really floating my boat as a Default Voyager Starscream - i'd even go so far to say that the South American one (which I do own) is a more pleasing looking toy and even Cloud Starscream isn't that much worse at pulling of the Starscream with a gimmick idea while still evoking Starscream.

Maybe the playpattern will raise him a couple of points - and I expect the Skywarp repaint will look pretty nice.

I suppose it is broadly consistent with the Legends and Leader class ones - just a bit more greebly looking.
RAR
Gestalt

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:Personally guys, I really dislike this Starscream. I am worried as to wha the other voygers will look like.

This new Starscream is definitely the biggest downer of the reveals today. It's just so bad. Be careful what you wish for, right? :(

I'm also a bit unhappy with how big of a backpack Leader Rodimus Prime has, but there is some room to hope that it's either 1) mistransformed, 2) looks better in hand (the camera does add 20 lbs.), and/or 3) will be fun enough that the faults can be overlooked.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Firepower: 2

Postby RAR » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm

william-james88 wrote:
He does come with one, it becomes chest armour that the prime master can plug into.

Sabrblade wrote:The Voyagers' gimmick is that that Prime Masters connect to the Voyagers' arms in robot mode.

They may connect differently, as was hinted in the panel.

Yes I think they connect in another way on Starscream - I was just saying that the hands can be alternative hands for the toys we already have - so if you want a big ol' claw on Bruticus you can totally do that.

I also see that being touted as a bonus feature on any additional combiners. - I think Hungrrr would be great to have so perhaps they can sell him on his own and not in a gift set.

Also how about this for an alternative way to do Predaking you make a leader body that is the "Combined mode" with a lion in it then all the limbs are normal Deluxes - you can add claws and things if you want to make it even bigger perhaps the leader is some sort of Dragon or jet to provide the combined mode super mode wings - and also to tie to the Predaking Name sake of a dragon so you have a deluxe lion that brainmaster Starsaber like combines with dragon/jet to make the super mode torso.

With some cleverness the same mould with some tweaks could also be used to make Leo Prime / Victory Leo and be added to Starsaber.

-----

Oh and howabout breaking the rules a bit and making a Pretender shell of Death Cobra and then making the inner titan be Overlord's other head.

-------

Any images of the chest connector for Jazz yet ?
RAR
Gestalt

Postby MadProject » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Weapon: Sword
I have an high feeling that this Starscream will be a combiner torso.
I did a rought sketch, showing where the combiner ports are, and how they transform.
My idea is that Starscream will have a transformation, for the combiner torso, similar to CW Silverbolts, where the robot arms become the legs of the combiner, and the combiner shoulders are on the legs of the robot mode.
I still have to figure out how Starscream transforms in the main body, but I suppose it will require the folding of the wings, that feature an hinge in their mid section that wouldn't have any pourpose either in the robot mode nor the vehicle mode.

starscream torso 2 sketch.jpg
MadProject
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:01 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Personally guys, I really dislike this Starscream. I am worried as to wha the other voygers will look like.

This new Starscream is definitely the biggest downer of the reveals today. It's just so bad. Be careful what you wish for, right? :(

What ticks me off is they konw full well what we want and are going about it in just such an odd way.

John warden started out by delivering a Leader Jetfire, Voyagers Roadbuster and Whirl and Legends Skrapnel. All that makes sense. He totally gets it.

Then in Combiner Wars we start getting some odd scales like this seperate Leader Scale for Megs and the Seekers.

Come Titans Return and we get more of that odd Leader Scale (which is now fully integrated into the line and not apart) with Blaster being as tall as PMOP. ApeFace? Titanmaster!
:HEADHURTS:

Plus we get different scales for the monsterbots. Things arent adding up.

They know we want all these toys and characters, but clearly not in those wonky sizes.

Now in this line we get the 13 Primes. HOLY ****! but they are just done as avatars in the smallest scale possible. And inside Pretender shells that are also really small.

But hey at least we finally get a Voyager Starscream. But too bad he has the oddest proportions I have ever seen.

it just looks like they are all over the place now and cant settle on an aesthetic, all while being heralded by the same team!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Rodimus, Beachcomber, Jazz and the Powermaster Decepticons look great -- but man, Voyager Starscream disappoints me on so many levels. If only he had a bigger head and smaller arms... I don't know how they considered a design with those proportions acceptable :-(

Also not sure about "Liege Maximo". It's a pretty cool way to replace the Titan Master class, but I hope to see the same sort of intelligent and fun design the Titan Master class had than just a dude with moving arms that opens.

But man those Deluxes. Jazz is being picked right the heck up since Barber made me love him, and I'm interested in the multiple combining features of Darkwing and Dreadwind. Not priorities by any means but it should be fun. And I'm gonna bet anything that Jazz is a pretool for a Powermaster Autobot somewhere down the line - maybe a proper rendition of a certain Lost Light captain? :P

Beachcomber's cute, and while I can't get Leader classes unless they appeal to me on a huge level due to budget, I can at least respect and be impressed by the engineering going on in that Rodimus. Very, very cool. All in all, Screamer aside, a very solid first showing :)
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHASE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Rescue Bots Hasbro 2024 New"
CHASE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON