This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Skritz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Burn wrote:
partholon wrote:on the seeker thing i really DO like the idea of a squadron of em that combines with screamer.

So now I'm curious, and I pose this question to anyone willing to chime in with an answer.

With many people opposed to the Dinobots combining, why are so many people then in favour of the Seekers combining?

Highly subjective personal tastes?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Burn wrote:
partholon wrote:on the seeker thing i really DO like the idea of a squadron of em that combines with screamer.

So now I'm curious, and I pose this question to anyone willing to chime in with an answer.

With many people opposed to the Dinobots combining, why are so many people then in favour of the Seekers combining?

Vocal minority. I think a lot more people are happy with the Dinobots combining, but don't feel the need to jump on here and sing their praises every time it comes up.

Or maybe they were on board with the Dinobots until they saw what it did to Grimlock.

As for the Legends being out, I find it interesting that the boxes say "Prime Wars" on them instead of PotP. The last two lines had their names on the boxes, I wonder why the change?

And on a personal note, of the five Targets in the state the one near me is the only one that hasn't had any stock of PotP Deluxe figures at all. Somehow that doesn't surprise me. And for that matter none of the other size classes have been in stock at all.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
Found some reviews of Legends Slash and Beachcomber. Windcharger may be released later on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_e4hFJgIXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha99HnMkRDc
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Beachcomber and Slash are really nice. Windcharger, face aside, is almost pitch perfect. The face sculpt isn't as bad in person as in the renders, but it's still bad.

Shrapnel has a darker purple than the prior Generations release, slightly lighter yellow paint (ymmv on that), and a barely different paint app pattern on the legs. Different enough for completionists to not hate themselves, not different enough for those with the old one to really worry about :)

Also, since I've been just, man, so busy - Transformers is for everyone.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby bodrock » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
Burn wrote:

I could care less for the Seekers and Dinobots combining, but I understand the appeal. Even the throttlebots got a 3P combiner.

I'm not opposed to new gestalts -- loved Victorion, after all. But for me, each individual Dinobot should be a force to be reckoned with (even though they're always together) -- them forming Volkanedaconicus seems like overkill....ah, but why not?

Mind as well make a Seeker combiner to engage Superion directly. It'd probably be easy for HasTak to retool, too. I wouldn't pick 'em up, but plenty of us would!
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Skritz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Maybe its just because the only combiner of my childhood was the underwhelming Magnaboss, but I'm just really enjoying the CW stuff, even if I do regret not getting back into Transformers during that line, leaving me mostly with just the boxset and a couple of deluxes found rotting off the pegs of collector stores in the city to fill my shelves. I mean, in all honesty, it was more less an accepted 'fact' of Transformers in the modern era that I'd never get a chance to own a classic, five-bot-team combiner short of re-issues or third party figures.

Yet here we are in 2017, with Scramble City-style combiners back at mass retail complete with limb interchangeability. Well, except Predaking, apparently. Who gets to be a Titan-class figure for some reason. Bit of a shame if you ask me, would have loved more affordable deluxe Predacons.

So that's why I say: bring on the crazy combiners! I'm getting old now and don't feel the need to justify my manchild toys as 'serious'. Gimmicks don't even bother me, I've come to revel in them and accepting they are silly and fun things.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Burn » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I realise this is off-topic, but I just want to make people aware that **** like this

Stuartmaximus wrote:funny? coz I could've sworn that I'm still here :-D

maybe you've gone soft or something :-?

y'know what? I'll save you the trouble....good bye!

call yourself a moderator! you clearly don't have the balls to ban people! instead you procrastinate about the possibilities instead :-P

Will not be tolerated.

Seibertron.com staff take a very laid back approach to things. We don't issue warnings or bannings over small trivial matters. We let a LOT of things slide.

We endure our fair share of criticism and abuse and we cop it on the chin. We will only take so much though.

If anyone would like to discuss this with me, you're more than welcome to PM me, otherwise I apologise for the disruption. Let's get back to the POTP figures!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

In-Hand Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Legend class Windcharger, Beachcomber, Slash, Sk

Postby Va'al » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
From fellow Seibertronian Mindmaster, we have some in-hand images of the recently found at US retail Legend class Transformers Power of the Primes - namely Windcharger, Beachcomber, Dinobot Slash and the repurposes Insecticon Skrapnel - as we reported from Target stores.

You can find a quick summary of Mindmaster's thoughts on these four smaller toys, with Prime Master compatibility and comparison shots to other figures in the line, below!

Anyway, had some fun with them (case in point, Jurassic World reference with Slash and Windcharger using his “powers” on Beachcomber). If I had to choose a favorite, it would be Slash because she’s just freaking awesome but that’s not to say I dislike the other two. They’re all strong figures and worth getting! Just like the Deluxes, there appears to be variations of the collector card included with the Legends. I got excited at Beachcomber for a second because I saw the word “combined” and thought he could be a weapon or something with a combiner but then I finished reading and got really sad. Slash’s card is lamely yet joyfully optimistic, and Windcharger’s kinda eh.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby bodrock » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Agreed, Burn.

And I hear ya, Skritz! It took me decades, but I finally came around to lovin' the Pretenders. ;)
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby Emerje » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Can't say I'm thrilled with the hollow heads. Usually a ball joint would be used to create a space in the head or in some cases they'd mold it in two pieces held together with a screw. I don't recall any CW or TR Legends having those empty spaces. Not a great spot to be cutting costs in.

Windcharger is starting to grow on me...

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Burn » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Emerje wrote:Windcharger is starting to grow on me...

I would have said the same thing, then I saw the head again.

That is just one big blocky head.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Anybody got an extra set of Legends figures they just don't know what to do with?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
So, ignor img the political nonsense...... a serious question about this Jazz controversy.

Do they all have the markings, and can I tell without opening the package? The one I bought yesterday, I decided to give to the kids for Christmas, so it is already in a downstairs closet. If it, however, does have the markings, and if that might make it rare or valuable down the road, I'm gonna hold on to it. Any speculation on that, or is it too soon?
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Skritz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 pm

You know, given the theory that we've already seen all three Leader-class molds I do have to wonder: could Optimus Prime and Optimal Optimus get some sort of repaint/retool, much like how TR gave us Blaster/Soundwave and Black Shadow/Overlord and if so who could they be reworked into? I find it hard to believe PotP's leader engineering would simply be just used for a recolored Rodimus with a new head. Granted its a cool-looking figure, even if I'll most likely pass.

While personally I'd love to see a fourth mold as Thunderwing and Star Saber its all speculation but it just bugs me how the PotP early waves of leaders are just Optimus Prime repack and a modified Rodimus. Granted I'm not sure who you could remold these guys as: Nova Prime seems a bit too ambitious barring total reshelling and Ultra Magnus already got a figure in CW. I'd be down for Thunderclash from the Optimus mold but I don't see how the 'power up' gimmick would work for him from a 'story' perspective.

Of course I could be entirely wrong and we really are only getting three and a half Leader-class figures.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Rysquad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Found the Legends class PotP figures today. Windcharger. Yuck. Skrapnel? Pass. I'll probably get the two-pack with Reflector.

Bought Slash and Beachcomber. Pics in a bit.
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Emerje » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 pm

ScottyP wrote:Shrapnel has a darker purple than the prior Generations release, slightly lighter yellow paint (ymmv on that), and a barely different paint app pattern on the legs. Different enough for completionists to not hate themselves, not different enough for those with the old one to really worry about :)

How does he compare with TR Kickback and CW Bombshell? The lack of a clear chest can't be helped, but would you say he's a better or a even worse match to either one now? For that matter how does he compare to Takara Tomy Legends Kickback?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Rysquad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Skritz wrote:You know, given the theory that we've already seen all three Leader-class molds I do have to wonder: could Optimus Prime and Optimal Optimus get some sort of repaint/retool, much like how TR gave us Blaster/Soundwave and Black Shadow/Overlord and if so who could they be reworked into? I find it hard to believe PotP's leader engineering would simply be just used for a recolored Rodimus with a new head. Granted its a cool-looking figure, even if I'll most likely pass.

While personally I'd love to see a fourth mold as Thunderwing and Star Saber its all speculation but it just bugs me how the PotP early waves of leaders are just Optimus Prime repack and a modified Rodimus. Granted I'm not sure who you could remold these guys as: Nova Prime seems a bit too ambitious barring total reshelling and Ultra Magnus already got a figure in CW. I'd be down for Thunderclash from the Optimus mold but I don't see how the 'power up' gimmick would work for him from a 'story' perspective.

Of course I could be entirely wrong and we really are only getting exthree and a half Leader-class figures.

Nemesis Prime?
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby RiddlerJ » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Skrapnel, Cosmos, Why do they keep reissuing older legends (without the accessories they originally came with)?

At least repaint them into someone new. Kickback could've been turned into Ransack AND would've been Primem Master compatable.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Skritz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:44 pm

There was a bit of fanart/digibash I saw of an 'Armada Optimus Prime' redesign if the PotP Optimus Prime. I highly doubt we'd ever see this but it would admittedly be cool.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby bacem » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Found a video review of beachcomber and slash.

gotta say, beachcomber's transformation is a bit more complex than i imagined. Liking him now.
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby primalxconvoy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Firstly:

"We encourage any civil political discussion to take place in this other thread, and keep the responses to this story specifically about the toy and the Power of the Primes toyline."

Kudos to Seibertron for finding a great way to accomodate ways for different people to comment on different aspects of the same story! THIS is how you do it, other TF sites! Take note, please.

Anyway, I wonder if the "political Jazz" will become rare and thus collectible in the future. I suppose it could be assimilated/retconned into canon in some sly, acronym used in a future IDW comic? Either as repossesing it for something other than the original meaning, OR as a negative idea, somehow branded or graffitied onto Jazz against his will or while unconscious, etc?
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby bodrock » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:So, ignor img the political nonsense...... a serious question about this Jazz controversy.

Do they all have the markings, and can I tell without opening the package? The one I bought yesterday, I decided to give to the kids for Christmas, so it is already in a downstairs closet. If it, however, does have the markings, and if that might make it rare or valuable down the road, I'm gonna hold on to it. Any speculation on that, or is it too soon?

IMG_8621.JPG
IMG_8621.JPG (39.83 KiB) Viewed 7696 times
At this point, who knows? I picked one up today, but I previously wasn't planning on getting him.

Now that he's in hand, I must admit I dig that headsculpt. The alt mode is decent.....hmmm...I haven't decided if he's getting opened or not.

Swoop's a keeper, though.
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Well, I had a beer and opened Jazz. He has the markings, but I gotta say, as a figure, he really sucks. This is a lame toy and I'm ashamed to own it.

Then I had another beer and opened Swoop. Holy ****, but this dude is awesome. Great figure, and an amazing update of the classic Dinobot. I'm very happy to own this guy.

I had another beer, but still haven't opened Slag yet.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Emerje » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Rysquad wrote:
Skritz wrote:You know, given the theory that we've already seen all three Leader-class molds I do have to wonder: could Optimus Prime and Optimal Optimus get some sort of repaint/retool, much like how TR gave us Blaster/Soundwave and Black Shadow/Overlord and if so who could they be reworked into? I find it hard to believe PotP's leader engineering would simply be just used for a recolored Rodimus with a new head. Granted its a cool-looking figure, even if I'll most likely pass.

Of course I could be entirely wrong and we really are only getting exthree and a half Leader-class figures.

Nemesis Prime?

Pretty sure Warden doesn't like Nemesis Prime/Scourge. We got a bunch of them in the Archer days, but I don't think we've gotten a single one since Warden took over despite many opportunities. We got Primitive Prime back as SDCC, but that's not quite the same, I'm pretty sure they didn't design that paint scheme alone.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 pm

I still don't get why everyone's knocking Windcharger.... His head is pretty spot-on for G1 imo... Sure... the previous legends may have looked "cooler" or "more interesting". But going back to his roots... he was a literal blockhead. I personally like it, though I've always liked windcharger (and brawn).
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON