This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby bacem » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:26 pm

And now we get the video review of windcharger.

personally, i don't mind his head actually, it doesn't look that bad. And he actually looks fun to transform too.
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby Rysquad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:10 pm

o.supreme wrote:So, I went to a local Target yesterday. I had already seen the new PotP deluxes (well 2 of them), at the one near a mall where I live, but the Brickfinder app said they were now out of stock, but another store across town had them.

When I got to Target, I basically just wanted to show them to my son, since he understands we are waiting on :TAKARATOMY: . However when I got there, they were advertising a 25% off ONE DAY sale on all toys, so I figured for that proce, what the heck, we can get a couple. The pegs were filled to capacity however wit that awful wave 4 revision.

I waited a while to try to find an employee I thought would be competent/understanding enough to look in the back for me. One employee actually asked if he could help me, then I made my request. He then referred me to the "toy expert" (some guy stocking shelves that didn't even have anything indicating he was a Target employee)...

I asked him, explaining fully that these were NEW Transformers that were probably in the stock room. He just dismissed me with a "nope were cleaned out..." WTF??? Your shelves are full of deluxes that aren't moving at 25% off...that should tell you something right there.

My wife said I should have asked a manager. I probably should have, but I was so upset at the time I said screw it. If they don't want my money, I don't have time for them.

Bad customer service aside....I do hope that we see a fan-mode sometime that is able to integrate slash somehow into Volcanicus whether as part of him, or as an accessory.

Also I still think there is a chance we will get the rest of the members for the Starscream, Inferno, and Elita-1 teams in later waves. If we get a minimum of 5 waves in this line (really hoping for 6), then that's at least 10-12 deluxes that have not been revealed yet, enough to finish those other teams. I mean I'd rather have Piranacon and Monstructor (or Dinoking) in later waves...but I'm actually hoping they are made into box sets, and the rest of the regular deluxes come as regular retail.

Did you bring up the DPCI number at all?
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Rysquad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Have any Titan Masters, Voyagers, or Leaders been seen in the US yet? Strikes me as strange that the deluxe would trickle out first.

Haven't seen them yet.
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr

Video Review of Transformers Power of the Primes Legend class Windcharger

Postby Va'al » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Once more via fellow Seibertronian bacem, we have a video review of the third member of the Autobot side of the first wave of Transformers Power of the Prime appearing at US retail this week: Windcharger! An old favourite of previous toylines, namely Reveal the Shield with the Scout class gems, then again to less success in Combiner Wars, Windcharger had a small spotlight in the IDW comics prior to the Dark Cybertron event (as a member of the X-Men Outliers helping Orion Pax), and is now back in plastic form in this new toyline.

Compatible with Prime Masters and Titan Masters alike, you can check out the clip embedded below, via YouTube reviewer Long's Toys. Reviews of fellow Legend class wavemates Beachcomber and Slash can be found back in this news post here, too. Enjoy!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rated X » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
o.supreme wrote:So, I went to a local Target yesterday. I had already seen the new PotP deluxes (well 2 of them), at the one near a mall where I live, but the Brickfinder app said they were now out of stock, but another store across town had them.

When I got to Target, I basically just wanted to show them to my son, since he understands we are waiting on :TAKARATOMY: . However when I got there, they were advertising a 25% off ONE DAY sale on all toys, so I figured for that proce, what the heck, we can get a couple. The pegs were filled to capacity however wit that awful wave 4 revision.

I waited a while to try to find an employee I thought would be competent/understanding enough to look in the back for me. One employee actually asked if he could help me, then I made my request. He then referred me to the "toy expert" (some guy stocking shelves that didn't even have anything indicating he was a Target employee)...

I asked him, explaining fully that these were NEW Transformers that were probably in the stock room. He just dismissed me with a "nope were cleaned out..." WTF??? Your shelves are full of deluxes that aren't moving at 25% off...that should tell you something right there.

My wife said I should have asked a manager. I probably should have, but I was so upset at the time I said screw it. If they don't want my money, I don't have time for them.

Bad customer service aside....I do hope that we see a fan-mode sometime that is able to integrate slash somehow into Volcanicus whether as part of him, or as an accessory.

Also I still think there is a chance we will get the rest of the members for the Starscream, Inferno, and Elita-1 teams in later waves. If we get a minimum of 5 waves in this line (really hoping for 6), then that's at least 10-12 deluxes that have not been revealed yet, enough to finish those other teams. I mean I'd rather have Piranacon and Monstructor (or Dinoking) in later waves...but I'm actually hoping they are made into box sets, and the rest of the regular deluxes come as regular retail.

Damn that sucks. Next time do what I did. Dont tell them what the item is....just give them the DCPI code and let them type it in their little gizmo thing they carry. It worked for both deluxes and legends for me and both times they went to the back and pulled them.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Does Blackwing do anything different than the original Aerialbot? In Dreadwind's instructions there's no mention of the double combination.

Also what is this Brickstreet app and is it Android compatible
Last edited by chuckdawg1999 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yo yo. Real quick guys.

I was just adding my sightings to the sightings section, and noticed there was a Rippersnapper sighting.

Can we, like, get some confirmation, here? I have a hard time believing that someone found him already.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Rysquad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Rated X wrote:

Damn that sucks. Next time do what I did. Dont tell them what the item is....just give them the DCPI code and let them type it in their little gizmo thing they carry. It worked for both deluxes and legends for me and both times they went to the back and pulled them.

This is where I play dumb.

"Hey I didn't see any left out on the floor but if gave you the DPCI could you see if you have more in the back?"

Most of the time, these folks only care about getting an item out to you. They don't care what the item is.
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr

Postby Emerje » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:"Duocon" Dreadwing? I guess every two-piece Decepticon combo is a "Duocon" now. :roll:

So Dreadwing is a Duocon, but Dreadwind and Blackwing aren't? And does that mean Dreadwing has its own combiner-like conscience? I always thought of them as being like pilot and co-pilot.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Rysquad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Keeping them out.
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Rysquad wrote:
Rated X wrote:

This is where I play dumb.

"Hey I didn't see any left out on the floor but if gave you the DPCI could you see if you have more in the back?"

Most of the time, these folks only care about getting an item out to you. They don't care what the item is.

this is the reason why i dont spend so much time hunting for them at stores most of the time they skip over waves or never carry certain class sizes, if i just happen to come across ones im looking for then great like sometimes if im near a store ill pop in for a quick look sometimes i get lucky like yesterday i was at walgreens in salem and found the clone two pack then down the steet was a toys r us and found the chaos on velocirton set i havent been that lucky in a long time
any way i find it easier to just get the figs online less of a fuss ;)
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Va'al » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Yo yo. Real quick guys.

I was just adding my sightings to the sightings section, and noticed there was a Rippersnapper sighting.

Can we, like, get some confirmation, here? I have a hard time believing that someone found him already.

I can confirm this was a mistake on our part: a technofinger slipped, and we haven't amended it yet. Thanks for the heads up!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rysquad » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:15 am

Loving Slash. Only one flaw for me. Loving the Titan/Prime Master compatibility. Reminds me of the Diaclone pilots. But hate how they don't "sit" properly with the knee bend.

Rysquad
Headmaster Jr

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 am

Rysquad wrote:Loving Slash. Only one flaw for me. Loving the Titan/Prime Master compatibility. Reminds me of the Diaclone pilots. But hate how they don't "sit" properly with the knee bend.

I'm loving Slash as well. I don't mind the seat positioning. My only concern is the cover for the cockpit. Because 1) clear plastic and 2) Wolfwire.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am

Yeah, I'm holding my breath waiting for the names of the upcoming combiners. Not sure why that's so important to me, but it is.

I'll chime in with my own brief reviews of the deluxe wave. I've been really impressed by them. Engineering and deco all seems to be above average. Gimmick is fun but doesn't get in the way. Head sculpts all spot on. I like the new gestalt fists. None seem cheap/KO or like they are trying to spare plastic too much (e.g. waffling) Sizes look good.

I thought Slag looked stiff in all the reviews, but you can pop his neck up and away from the body. Looks significantly better. No complaints after that.

Only real complaint, I'd love it if Jazz could be the original car, but I know there are licensing issues. That taken into account (and knowing their hands are tied) they came through with a pretty G1 looking bot mode in spite of it. Curious to see what they repaint Jazz into.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus Knight » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 am

Wouldn't it be nice if they just put out all the combiners for s single set at one time, rather then mix it up like this
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby bodrock » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 am

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
The jury is still out for me & Jazz, but I love Slash & Beachcomber!
IMG_8706.JPG
IMG_8702.JPG
*raptor-kick*!
IMG_8703.JPG
On Top of the World
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby ebo716 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 am

Motto: "Changes aren't permanent, but change is."
Weapon: Proton Rifle
gothsaurus wrote: Curious to see what they repaint Jazz into.

My money is on Braver/Lightspeed from the brainmasters.
ebo716
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: The boat from the scary tunnel scene in Willy Wonka

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ebo716 wrote:

Now this would be cool. I'm waiting on a Leader Star Saber and a combining Road Caesar!!!

On another brought up note, I would like a seeker combiner. That would be pretty awesome! King Scream/MegaScream and the seeker armada. Though who would be left out of the 3 coneheads and 3 original seekers would be interesting. Dreadwind makes for a good conehead basis.

I'm excited for Slash, Beach, and Windcharger. Windcharger looks pretty good, and while I would have preferred his earlier toy, this one is good to me. Beachcomber looks pretty awesome, and Slash is adorable. I may just keep her in raptor mode beside Volcanicus, kinda like having Volcanicus as Rexy from Jurassic World and Slash as Blue, and have them fight Predaking like that final fight!!!

Also just realized why Scorn was the only new dinobot mold in TLK: the other 6 were all getting new PotP toys, makes sense. Maybe my deluxe Scorn will go join my PotP dinobots and leave his voyager self on the movie shelf.

I actually think Jazz looks good, and I do need a generations Jazz. Combining him, the plane brothers, screamer, and others like them are questionable, but I'm kinda hoping for that Artfire/Stepper/3 other guys combiner from Takara. Maybe Artfire and Stepper will combine with Braver, Laster, and Blacker to give us a new Road Caesar!!!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Stealth Claw » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:01 am

Motto: ""I will defend the universe from the tyranny of the decepticons, and the autobot elite guard, and for the honor of the VDMA Brotherhood.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
ebo716 wrote:

Now this would be cool. I'm waiting on a Leader Star Saber and a combining Road Caesar!!!

On another brought up note, I would like a seeker combiner. That would be pretty awesome! King Scream/MegaScream and the seeker armada. Though who would be left out of the 3 coneheads and 3 original seekers would be interesting. Dreadwind makes for a good conehead basis.

I'm excited for Slash, Beach, and Windcharger. Windcharger looks pretty good, and while I would have preferred his earlier toy, this one is good to me. Beachcomber looks pretty awesome, and Slash is adorable. I may just keep her in raptor mode beside Volcanicus, kinda like having Volcanicus as Rexy from Jurassic World and Slash as Blue, and have them fight Predaking like that final fight!!!

Also just realized why Scorn was the only new dinobot mold in TLK: the other 6 were all getting new PotP toys, makes sense. Maybe my deluxe Scorn will go join my PotP dinobots and leave his voyager self on the movie shelf.

I actually think Jazz looks good, and I do need a generations Jazz. Combining him, the plane brothers, screamer, and others like them are questionable, but I'm kinda hoping for that Artfire/Stepper/3 other guys combiner from Takara. Maybe Artfire and Stepper will combine with Braver, Laster, and Blacker to give us a new Road Caesar!!!

what id hope they will release is a Voyager Sludge and Scorn for POTP, also maybe a new Dulex Dinobot to replace the sludge or a Dulex Paddles. I just think sludge is to small, and we need a gen/classic scorn.
Stealth Claw
Minibot
Watch Stealth Claw on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertroian Stealth Jet
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: Infinity

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 am

Wow. I'd SO be down for a deluxe Paddles retool. New head and legs on that thing would be such a cool nod. Would also look great for matching size/shape legs or arms on volcanicus.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Stealth Claw » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

Motto: ""I will defend the universe from the tyranny of the decepticons, and the autobot elite guard, and for the honor of the VDMA Brotherhood.""
maybe a 3rd party will come out with a upgrade kit to mod sludge into paddles, that would be awesome. Also I'd buy a 3rd party upsized sludge that was voyager size.
Stealth Claw
Minibot

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:33 am

agreed on all of those. Bummer is, the real option I'd have liked to see would be a sludge/paddles that could be the torso. Can't really get that out of a KO... though I'd still buy a simple upsize in a heartbeat.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Stealth Claw » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:09 pm

see I'd love a Voyager sludge, paddles and scorn as torso's, and two new Dulex dinobots one for IDW "Skar" and I want a remold/retool of Snarl as "Slapper" (2001 Robots in Disguise - walmart)

Skar: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skar_(Dynobot)
Slapper: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Slapper_(Dinobots)#Dinobots
Stealth Claw
Minibot

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks for the info on these other dinobots, Stealth Claw. They slipped under my radar, though I do remember — and would also add — the PowerCore addition Grimstone. He would be a good Slag minor retool that could round out an alternate matching limb, too.

I'd love some running-changes like this from Hasbro. Would be great to see some deep-dives into obscure lore like we saw from the club and Botcon. That's actually one of the top things I miss. Hoping they can find a consistent outlet for some store or box set exclusives that really fill that missing niche... not to mention some place for the fiction we have lost now.

Not sure why they don't do an SDCC comic, or something to go in the box sets we saw (Velocitron, etc.) The characterization and story are what makes you attached to a character... and want to complete some story lineup. It's a great sales motivator for me, and I'm sure a lot of other fans.

But I digress... solid wave. Hope we get some repaints and retools of these guys.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #22 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 AUG220240 22A (CA) Camuncoli"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 4C GI JOE 0124IM249 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #30 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM306 30B (CA) Mattina (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #30 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #80 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM351 80A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #27 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM317 27A (CA) Randal (W) Layman"
NEW!
SCORCHED #27 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #64 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 APR230314 64C (CA) Hans"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230238 21B (A/CA) Booth"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131D"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS KARZA #1 2003 Image Comics Devil's Due Takara Hasbro 190801a"
MICRONAUTS KARZA # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C GI JOE 1223IM273 (CA) Boss + Wordie"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #349 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1023IM374 349B (W) McFarlane (CA) Colak"
SPAWN #349 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #319 Cvr D 1:5 B&W Image Comics 2021 APR210334 319D (CA) McFarlane"
SPAWN #319 Cvr D 1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON