This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers PP (Power of the Primes) Thread

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:37 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm a little surprised that they're doing the pretenders both separately and as the primes. Will be interesting to see how they change them, if they do at all.

Legends look like they're just back by themselves going off of the price, which is slightly disappointing but since they're doing the pretenders separately there's nothing to go with them.

The lack of the other deluxe's and both voyagers still kinda gives hope for the return of unite warriors. I think they're saving the teams for that and releasing everyone else under this new subline. That would put the final nail in the coffin for a full team for jazz though.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 am

steals_your_goats wrote:The lack of the other deluxe's and both voyagers still kinda gives hope for the return of unite warriors. I think they're saving the teams for that and releasing everyone else under this new subline. That would put the final nail in the coffin for a full team for jazz though.

Yeah, Jazz being solo makes me wonder if they will even touch Inferno.

Dreadwind could still end up in either this line or a UW reboot. They might just be saving him to release as a 2 pack Buster/Hydra, or they could be using those 2 as limbs for Starscream (or whatever character they will use that torso for).
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:19 am

Skritz wrote:Well, to be fair, Sideswipe can just be a red Sunstreaker with a new head and added port for Prime Armor.

No, just no. They are brothers, but not twins. But more important than that, the Breakdown/Sunstreaker mold sucks. New line, I want new molds. So far, we have Inferno, Dreadwind and Blackwing that are based on CW molds. Dreadwind and Blackwing have enough changes to satisfy me. So, Inferno is the only one that I would consider just a lazy new head CW redeco. I really hope they keep it to only him, at least for the regular releases.

Oddly enough, I'm much more open to a lazy redeco of the new PotP molds. CW had their time, let those molds have their rest now, unless they go with a Dreadwind/Blackwing level of retooling.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Tranzilla » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:The lack of the other deluxe's and both voyagers still kinda gives hope for the return of unite warriors. I think they're saving the teams for that and releasing everyone else under this new subline. That would put the final nail in the coffin for a full team for jazz though.

Yeah, Jazz being solo makes me wonder if they will even touch Inferno.

Dreadwind could still end up in either this line or a UW reboot. They might just be saving him to release as a 2 pack Buster/Hydra, or they could be using those 2 as limbs for Starscream (or whatever character they will use that torso for).

I wouldn't mind seeing PW Starscream retooled for Skyquake and Jazz redone as Ricochet/Stepper.
Tranzilla
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:07 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
BBTS has them up for preorder now. :-D

[Edit] No pics yet, tho... :(
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:08 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Well the only really odd figure here is Jazz. The Lack of Voyagers and other deluxes still gives me hope Takara has plans for a UW styled Dinobot set, and a Starscream set (which will incorporate Deadwind & Blackwing somehow)...If Jazz is indeed to be a solo act however, I guess I can just go ahead and get the Hasbro one.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am

Agamemnon wrote:BBTS has them up for preorder now. :-D

Those prices are surprisingly reasonable. Makes me wonder just how different these are going to be compared to the Hasbro ones...
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

steals_your_goats wrote:

Those prices are surprisingly reasonable. Makes me wonder just how different these are going to be compared to the Hasbro ones...

In this particular case, I'm guessing not very different at all
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby durroth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
I have one real problem with grimlock, overall. I'm baffled by the choice to put the combiner sockets on the outside of the tail/robot feet, instead of putting them on the inside, where they could be hidden by the tail tip in dino mode and on the inside of the legs instead of jutting out prominently in robot mode.
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 am

Well, it turns out that the Prime Masters differ in engineering from the Titan Masters in that they got a pin rather than a screw. Goddamn it! This may end up completely ruining my custom plans unless someone more experience than me can explain how to remove a pin. Because if that emblem part of the Prime Master can't be replaced I may end up having to use a Titan Master that doesn't match the robot mode of the Pretender character. :BANG_HEAD:
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 am

Probably having one of my delusions again, but I'm thinking :TAKARATOMY: selling Jazz separately *may* be a good thing now, since he (in japan at least) he will have no connection to the Inferno Voyager. Maybe, they instead could release Guard City? :PRAY:

I mean...if you think about it, If they are contemplating a continuation of UW...You have:

Volcanicus
Starscream Combiner
Guard City
Abominus
Elita-1 Combiner
Battle Gaia
Predaking....

If they incorporate Guard City and even Battle Gaia into the mix, these are molds they already have at their disposal to pad things out while they manufacture new ones. This would just be awesome...but all we can do is wait and see.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 am

Skritz wrote:Well, it turns out that the Prime Masters differ in engineering from the Titan Masters in that they got a pin rather than a screw. Goddamn it! This may end up completely ruining my custom plans unless someone more experience than me can explain how to remove a pin. Because if that emblem part of the Prime Master can't be replaced I may end up having to use a Titan Master that doesn't match the robot mode of the Pretender character. :BANG_HEAD:

By pin, do you mean a rivet (with kind of a flat head)?
Some were able to "fix" Kup's and Orion Pax's leg panels by heating the rivet head with a soldering iron until the panel was able to pull out. Swapped the panels, then heated the rivet again to secure it. If the prime masters are the same way, you should be able to heat the rivet and pull the maxtrix/face off the back and the pin out the front.

It may just work pretty well, especially if you want to use a TR face. It would depend on the hole size for the rivet versus the screw in the master's body. If you get lucky and things match up, then you should be able to screw the TM face on through the PM body and not have to use the rivet to secure it.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Skritz wrote:Well, it turns out that the Prime Masters differ in engineering from the Titan Masters in that they got a pin rather than a screw. Goddamn it! This may end up completely ruining my custom plans unless someone more experience than me can explain how to remove a pin. Because if that emblem part of the Prime Master can't be replaced I may end up having to use a Titan Master that doesn't match the robot mode of the Pretender character. :BANG_HEAD:

Some were able to "fix" Kup's and Orion Pax's leg panels by heating the rivet head with a soldering iron until the panel was able to pull out. Swapped the panels, then heated the rivet again to secure it. If the prime masters are the same way, you should be able to heat the rivet and pull the maxtrix/face off the back and the pin out the front.

It may just work pretty well, especially if you want to use a TR face. It would depend on the hole size for the rivet versus the screw in the master's body. If you get lucky and things match up, then you should be able to screw the TM face on through the PM body and not have to use the rivet to secure it.

I'm not really an expert, hell, I'm a noob at customizing and all that engineering so see for yourself.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Skritz wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

I'm not really an expert, hell, I'm a noob at customizing and all that engineering so see for yourself.

Oh man, that really, REALLY sucks.

I have to say, between the cheap-looking Dinobots and their horrendous combined mode, the appalling leader classes, the atrocity that is Starscream, and now the non-customizable Prime Masters, this line looks like it's going to be a disaster. The only things I'm looking forward to now are the Terrorcons and Moonracer.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:15 am

So the Prime Masters are **** when it come to removing their emblem back and replacing it with a 3dprinted face, huh? Guess I'll have to use the TM which came with the toy intended to become the body OR settle for them having non-faces. Either of those options.

Edit: In case anyone wonder, I got a spare Triggerhappy, Misfire and Quake to make into Bomb-Burst, Submarauder (once the wings are removed) and Skullgrin. My original intent was to unscrew the Prime Master's backback and replace it with a 3d printed face but Hasbro just had to be douche. One has to wonder if it isn't deliberate because they don't want people to make customs. Which, if you ask me, is nonsense because customs generally require you to buy spare figures to hack apart and repaint. Hence, more sales. But big companies are generally stupid. :-x
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Rated X » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
o.supreme wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

In this particular case, I'm guessing not very different at all

I agree. We could very well be seeing repeat of the Takara Trypticon syndrome where you are just paying for the same exact figure in a nicer box. The $65 leader class prices are especially suspect since Legends Overlord costs almost $100 on preorder. The good news is money saved. The bad news is we might not be getting the Leader figures in awesome shiny decos without the crappy grey plastic. I was planning to skip the Hasbro for those particulary. As far as the absence of the Dinobots in the preorders and the possible continuation of the unite warriors line, I would say pay close attention to Takaras deco for Slash. Whatever she gets is highly likely the other Dinobots will get. If she is chromed out, expect Diaclone Dinobots. G2 Dinobots might also be a possibility considering they are going G2 to release the Megatron mold.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:43 am

Yes God forbid a company not want their products to be bastardized and mutilated. How dare they >:oP the more logical and less "Hur dur hasblow" answer is it's most likely cheaper or easier to manufacture that way.

Not everything is some anti fan conspiracy guys.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:45 am

steals_your_goats wrote:Not everything is some anti fan conspiracy guys.

Where did I even imply that?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 am

Skritz wrote:

Skritz wrote: but Hasbro just had to be douche. One has to wonder if it isn't deliberate because they don't want people to make customs. But big companies are generally stupid. :-x
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
steals_your_goats wrote:Yes God forbid a company not want their products to be bastardized and mutilated.

Why would Hasbro care if I buy a Prime Master and swap out the core panel (or just take it apart to repaint it)? A sale is a sale.
How dare they >:oP the more logical and less "Hur dur hasblow" answer is it's most likely cheaper or easier to manufacture that way.

I'm no engineer but I'm pretty sure a rivet is more expensive and labour intensive than a screw.
Not everything is some anti fan conspiracy guys.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 am

steals_your_goats wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Skritz wrote: but Hasbro just had to be douche. One has to wonder if it isn't deliberate because they don't want people to make customs. But big companies are generally stupid. :-x

I would not call that a 'conspiracy', for crying out loud. This is about on par with some videogame companies being against modding.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Skritz wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Skritz wrote:

I would not call that a 'conspiracy', for crying out loud. This is about on par with some videogame companies being against modding.

There is zero proof that this was a deliberate move against customizers. You're just making **** up to be mad about.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

And maybe I'm wrong. Hell I'm probably wrong.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I agree it looks like they are splitting up the Hasbro version into a Unite Warriors 2.0 and a legends approach sort of deal
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby RodimusRex » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:22 pm

I would be very surprised if Rodimus isn't two-tone crimson instead of red with gray hands in Deluxe mode and a cartoon fire pattern.

I would also be very surprised if Takara uses stickers and if Optimus isn't lighter/brighter with blue hands and some extra silver paint.
RodimusRex
Vehicon

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var headshot Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220857 (CA) Nauck"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 1:100 Marvel Comics JUN230948 Perez"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var 1:50 Elektra Marvel Comics MAR230889 (CA) Chew (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #13 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230860 (CA) Land (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #13 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230837 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #12 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230721 (CA) Shalvey"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230816 (CA) Torque (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #15 var Marvel Comics 2023 APR230855 (CA) Hotz (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #15 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230715 (CA) Vicentini"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #14 var AAPI Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230858 (CA) Lee (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #14 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230719 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #3 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230855 (CA) Woods"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #8 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220941 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #8 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #35 Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211222 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #35 Marv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON