This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Power of Prime Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
PO up at Amiami already

Roughly around $ 67.00 (Y 7560) with TAX for Optimus and Rodimus Leader class.

No TAX Y 5330 or about $ 47.00

As for the "final form" or the products looking differently from the domestic release, some of you are already jumping to conclusion! 8-}

More or less, the leader class will be released domestically by the end of the month. The Takara revs have at least 5 more months (May 2018) for their debut. Lot's of thing can still happen. Iirc, same thing for the previous releases, the Hb images will serve a space holders until the ACTUAL images of the products are released.

Doesn't bother me anyway so long as they are available (ebay has Optimus at around $87.00).
Last edited by fenrir72 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
fenrir72 wrote:PO up at Amiami already

Roughly around $ 67.00 (Y 7560) with TAX for Optimus and Rodimus Leader class. As for the "final form" or the products looking differently from the domestic release, some of you are already jumping to conclusion! 8-}

More or less, the leader class will be released domestically by the end of the month. The Takara revs have at least 5 more months (May 2018) for their debut. Lot's of thing can still happen. Iirc, same thing for the previous releases, the Hb images will serve a space holders until the ACTUAL images of the products are released.

Doesn't bother me anyway so long as they are available (ebay has Optimus at around $87.00).

Fenrir72 as the voice of reason!? Madness! :lol:
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby xMXUx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 am

Motto: "True hell is life gone wrong"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
We got the same kinda pictures with Trypticon though and see how that turned out >:oP if this is really the way this line is to go, then I'm gonna save a whole lot of money next year
If drinking's what it take to be accepted
I'd rather stay aware and be rejected

Uniform Choice - No Thanks
xMXUx
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby steals_your_goats » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:29 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Roughly around $ 67.00 (Y 7560) with TAX for Optimus and Rodimus Leader class. As for the "final form" or the products looking differently from the domestic release, some of you are already jumping to conclusion! 8-}

More like the White Knight. When was the last time Takara used Hasbro products for their own stock images? These aren't the same pictures as the ones released by Hasbro, these are official Takara releases with different product shots. The only time I remember this happening is at toy shows but only after they've released stock photos of their products or in a case like Unite Warriors Defensor where they had one image of the Hasbro version with groove on it but even that was accompanied by pictures of their own version.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Madness? Who really is mad and who is sane? Buncha overgrown boys and gals (I think) arguing over anthropomorphic puzzle toys based on a 30 year old previously dead franchise adapted from an already dying franchise from its point o' origin which I fight to prevent fate from repeating itself by encouraging fans to BUY first PARTY!

Save Takara from bankruptcy! 8-}
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
And suddenly the hopes of a thousand people were suddenly silenced.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5

Postby Rated X » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Black Hat wrote:I guess Rated X got his wish regarding Takara not being different from Hasbro.

Yes and no. My wish was for the cheaper Hasbro decos to be dropped in favor of more premium takara style decos. Not for Takara to start cheaping out. But as you get to the post sunbow era of G1, the deco differences between cartoon and toy accuray shrinks incredibly. That doesnt play well for Takaras normal business strategy. With optimus prime being the exception, what could takara really have done to make them different and ask more money? Maybe hydra and buster will end up getting their signature red paint, but what can they really do for the others? Maybe diaclone dinobots, although diaclone is not really Transformers cartoon wise. Just a shame we cant get a version of the poor mans MP-10 with blue fists and some silver paint. The good thing about this though is that us takara collectors will save tons of money this year. Cant complain about that. I dont give a crap about japanese boxes. 90% of them end up in the recycling bin.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:17 am

-Edward Hoagland"
Here are my feelings on the matter:

1) 9 times out of 10, these are placeholder images of Hasbro product until Takara has their designs finalized. Trypticon was a (very big) exception to this rule this past year, but it may yet be a one-off event and not a developing trend. Things were business as usual right afterwards when Transformers Legends ended it's half-year hiatus. That is to say, we continued to get Legends products with altered (and in many instances, superior) paint jobs.

2) Even if Takara is going to make Power of the Prime (sic) a direct Hasbro import, yes, I'll be disappointed somewhat, but I'll also be a bit relieved. If Takara offers no differences in product whatsoever, I'll be happy to buy the Hasbro versions locally at a lower cost and months sooner as well.

3) Let's see what happens with a possible relaunch of the dormant Unite Warriors line. Takara may be concentrating more on that going forward, as a bulk of what is new and interesting in Hasbro's Power of the Primes line is very much a continuation of Combiner Wars (and therefore Unite Warriors). Takara's Power of the Prime line up may just be the few things that don't fit with the combiner motif, such as the Prime Masters/Pretenders, some legends scale figures, the leaders, and odd deluxes without a real combiner team, like Jazz. Most of what hasn't been announced yet for Takara's Power of the Prime line so far are Deluxes and especially Voyagers with obvious (combiner) team affiliations. I find it hard to imagine that Takara wouldn't at LEAST give their Dinobots blue eyes, if not red helmets for Slag and Swoop. What we have seen so far announced for Takara's version of PotP, as far as Hasbro decos go, is pretty good already (save for the stickers on the leader figures).
Last edited by Wolfman Jake on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby shajaki » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:17 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
fenrir72 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Madness? Who really is mad and who is sane? Buncha overgrown boys and gals (I think) arguing over anthropomorphic puzzle toys based on a 30 year old previously dead franchise adapted from an already dying franchise from its point o' origin which I fight to prevent fate from repeating itself by encouraging fans to BUY first PARTY!

Save Takara from bankruptcy! 8-}
Aaaaand there it is >:oP
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Well, this explains why these aren't part of Legends. If this is real, then at most I expect Buster and Hydra to be changed to their proper red.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
steals_your_goats wrote:More like the White Knight. When was the last time Takara used Hasbro products for their own stock images? These aren't the same pictures as the ones released by Hasbro, these are official Takara releases with different product shots. The only time I remember this happening is at toy shows but only after they've released stock photos of their products or in a case like Unite Warriors Defensor where they had one image of the Hasbro version with groove on it but even that was accompanied by pictures of their own version.

These pictures come from Dengeki who often takes their own photos and are the ones we most often see using Hasbro's figures as stand ins. I'm not saying that's for sure the case, just that they have a history of doing so. I will point out that the article does mention "Legends class" and "Voyager class" which I'm pretty sure are terms unique to Hasbro so they may very well just be repackaging Hasbro figures.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby steals_your_goats » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:47 am

Emerje wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:More like the White Knight. When was the last time Takara used Hasbro products for their own stock images? These aren't the same pictures as the ones released by Hasbro, these are official Takara releases with different product shots. The only time I remember this happening is at toy shows but only after they've released stock photos of their products or in a case like Unite Warriors Defensor where they had one image of the Hasbro version with groove on it but even that was accompanied by pictures of their own version.

These pictures come from Dengeki who often takes their own photos and are the ones we most often see using Hasbro's figures as stand ins. I'm not saying that's for sure the case, just that they have a history of doing so. I will point out that the article does mention "Legends class" and "Voyager class" which I'm pretty sure are terms unique to Hasbro so they may very well just be repackaging Hasbro figures.

Emerje

Out of curiosity do you know what the article says about the voyagers? I find it interesting that they would be mentioned even though they're not revealed yet.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 am

Skritz wrote:His toy has a different, inaccurate head...but its still a cyclop head.

True, it isn't perfect, but it's pretty close, and much more accurate than the box art. Infinitely more "Shockwave" than sticking an Enigma on there. ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Quantum Surge » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Emerje wrote:
Skritz wrote:His toy has a different, inaccurate head...but its still a cyclop head.

True, it isn't perfect, but it's pretty close, and much more accurate than the box art. Infinitely more "Shockwave" than sticking an Enigma on there. ;)

Emerje

If the head would fit on there with the TR slot anyways, would the Enigma have a balljointed neck?
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Va'al wrote:Image

I don't get it.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:04 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Out of curiosity do you know what the article says about the voyagers? I find it interesting that they would be mentioned even though they're not revealed yet.

It just says that Jazz can be attached to them.

Rough Google Translation wrote:It is also possible to enjoy combined game with DX & Voyager class figures which will be released in the future!

The fact that they're specifically calling them Voyagers probably means they won't be sold as a box set. :( Unless I'm mistaken, I don't remember UW sets referring to the torsos as Voyagers. But this is a magazine article, not first hand information from Takara Tomy so it's hard to say just how accurate this is, they could be writing based on what they know about the Hasbro release and making assumptions.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Quantum Surge wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

If the head would fit on there with the TR slot anyways, would the Enigma have a balljointed neck?

Nope, the "necks" are solid on the Enigmas and Matrices.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Knight » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Cyberpath wrote:

I don't get it.

So Jazz, we have this power up for you, it'll make you look like a pregnant human, and you won't actually be able to any close quarter combat because your arms will barely reach past it, but as long as they stay far away from the enemy your gun will be powered up... well maybe.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Emerje wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

It just says that Jazz can be attached to them.

Rough Google Translation wrote:It is also possible to enjoy combined game with DX & Voyager class figures which will be released in the future!

The fact that they're specifically calling them Voyagers probably means they won't be sold as a box set. :( Unless I'm mistaken, I don't remember UW sets referring to the torsos as Voyagers. But this is a magazine article, not first hand information from Takara Tomy so it's hard to say just how accurate this is, they could be writing based on what they know about the Hasbro release and making assumptions.

Emerje

It will be telling if any other hobby magazines start printing articles for Takara's Power of the Prime line in the next few weeks. Otherwise, I would think this is an attempt by Dengeki Hobby to "scoop" other publications to boost sales, being the only source of information for something about which there isn't really a whole lot of confirmed information to begin with. Hype sells.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Randomhero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Rodimus Knight wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

I don't get it.

So Jazz, we have this power up for you, it'll make you look like a pregnant human, and you won't actually be able to any close quarter combat because your arms will barely reach past it, but as long as they stay far away from the enemy your gun will be powered up... well maybe.

Oh my god that is so funny! I haven’t seen a million posts about the armor looking like baby carriers and the bots looking pregnant! You are so original and hilarious! If there was a like button on the boards I’d be pounding that like button hard! Just so funny and original!!!!
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Randomhero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Mr.MicroMaster wrote:And suddenly the hopes of a thousand people were suddenly silenced.

With wallets and bank accounts rejoicing
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:32 pm

When you get a power like "erases enemies from existence" from a PM it really doesn't matter how big your belly is.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Rated X wrote:
Black Hat wrote:I guess Rated X got his wish regarding Takara not being different from Hasbro.

Yes and no. My wish was for the cheaper Hasbro decos to be dropped in favor of more premium takara style decos. Not for Takara to start cheaping out. But as you get to the post sunbow era of G1, the deco differences between cartoon and toy accuray shrinks incredibly. That doesnt play well for Takaras normal business strategy. With optimus prime being the exception, what could takara really have done to make them different and ask more money? Maybe hydra and buster will end up getting their signature red paint, but what can they really do for the others? Maybe diaclone dinobots, although diaclone is not really Transformers cartoon wise. Just a shame we cant get a version of the poor mans MP-10 with blue fists and some silver paint. The good thing about this though is that us takara collectors will save tons of money this year. Cant complain about that. I dont give a crap about japanese boxes. 90% of them end up in the recycling bin.

I knew exactly what you meant. I was just taking the p!ss. :lol:

Seriously though, this is disappointing. Hopefully this will be like the movie line, where they release actually good versions of these molds later without any goddamn stickers. And I imagine, judging by the absence of any Dinobots and Terrorcons, that UW will be returning. I can't imagine Takara would be stupid enough to not release any non-MP "premium" figures anymore, that'd be suicide.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7

Postby Randomhero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Emerje wrote:When you get a power like "erases enemies from existence" from a PM it really doesn't matter how big your belly is.

Emerje

No dude its a detriment and just ruins the toy. This piece of plastic that can optionally attacth and easily be removed just ruins the entire figure and makes grown men smashing two figures together look silly!
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
The joy of having a US and Japanese line practically sharing the same name :roll:

Is TakaraTomy trying the "US appeal" angel again? Kinda like with our Japanese imports?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 OCT200417 26RI (CA) Milne (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222B"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210585 9RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 MAY221567 3C (CA) Gauntt"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 NOV200369 2A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM386 3B (CA) Clarke (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS Vol 01 TP Image Comics 2024 1223IM247 TPB (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS Vol 01 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM321 8B (CA) Galan (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #40 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210542 40RI (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS #40 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON