This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Power of the Primes Legends Slash Variant Found Using Movie Autobot Logo

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ever since 2007, when Hasbro changed the style of the Autobot and Decepticon logos for the live action films, these slightly different symbols have been found on non movie toys, like certain versions of Masterpiece Skywarp, which can be seen below.
More than that, it seems both symbols are used interchangeably at times in the assembly line when it comes to tampographs. As can be seen in the image of Generations Payload, one has the G1 autobot insignia (with larger eyes) while the other has the movie version of the insignia. This difference creates variants in the market.
We now have a new victim in the Power of the Primes line with legends Slash. Even amongst toys found in the very same case, Slash has been found with both a G1 and Movie version of the autobot insignia. There are images below to show the comparison. From in hand images of the figure found online, it seems the version with the movie insignia is the rarer of the two.
It is currently unknown if Slash is the only one to have insignia variants such as these in Power of the Primes so check our toys and get back to us if you see that yours is using the wrong insignia.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Skritz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Something I forgot to mention, but did cross my mind earlier: My local Toys R Us had whole racks filled with discount Blitzwing. While I don't intended to do so (too costly and too long) it occured to me this would certainly make for some impressive army-building for some Overcharge-type Terrorbots.

Not gonna happen but you gotta admit that army-building voyagers would have certainly been the stuff of madness!

However, this got me thinking if PotP will have any army-builder-type Legends class.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Skritz wrote:However, this got me thinking if PotP will have any army-builder-type Legends class.

It already does with Skrapnel ;)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

New Transformers Power of the Primes Artwork Appearing on In Store Toy Displays

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 pm

We had seen some new Power of the Primes artwork three months ago with no idea as to where it would be found or what it was done for. We knew it wasn't the box art nor for cards since this artwork had several characters rather than just the one. As it turns out, that new artwork was meant for the in store displays. This was not obvious at first since it is only found on the sides of a black cardboard center aisle display which Walmart tends to cover up when forming center aisle squares (which you can see in the first image below).

However, your intrepid editor used all his might and pushed aside the neighboring cardboard shelving to see the artwork on the sides. One side features Optimus Primal while the other features Optimus Prime and both are surrounded by Prime Masters. So far, these displays have only been found in Canada where all wave one legends, deluxe and voyager class toys from Power of the Primes have been found for $12.97, $19.97, and $29.97 respectively. What is odd is that this is unlike the circular in store display Hasbro previously showed that they had designed specifically for this line.

A really cool aspect of this artwork are the 15 Prime symbols found at the edge. Yes, you read that right, 15. We only know the first twelve, which Jelze GoldRabbit list below:

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:From top to bottom, they are:

Megatronus
Vector Prime
Prima
Alchemist Prime
Quintus Prime
Amalgamous Prime
Nexus Prime
Solus Prime
Onyx Prime
Liege Maximo
Micronus
Alpha Trion

... and the last three are unknown for now. I do suspect the bottom one is for The Arisen as it looks like the face of Optimus Prime.

For a full list of what we know is to come in the Power of the Primes line, please click here.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:
Skritz wrote:However, this got me thinking if PotP will have any army-builder-type Legends class.

It already does with Skrapnel ;)

I've already got my Insecticon swarm completed. I army built "Skrapnel" back during the Thrilling 30 line, so, like TR Cosmos, this reissue does little for me. That makes me wonder, though, how Hasbro is choosing these reissues of late. I can understand Cosmos, as he was a bit hard to find initially in the Trilling 30 line, but I think that cleared up later in the year after he and his wave mate Swerve finally started showing up outside of East Asian retail.

If I had to pick a "rare" release from that time frame that fans need to complete their Minibot collections, I'd have gone with Gears. I think the only one I saw in stores was the one I bought. Same with his wave mate Acid Storm. Skrapnel wasn't hard to find either, hence my ability to army build him without difficulty. These are just weird choices.

If Hasbro needed to pad the line with figures that are already tooled from years past to save money, why not throw in the TR repaints of Rumble and Rewind as Frenzy and Eject. Fans WANT these badly! They don't have to make any new tooling, and Hasbro is obviously willing to change up plastic colors and paint apps, given that the reissues of Cosmos and Skrapnel are slightly different in coloring from their original Thrilling 30 versions. As a bonus, the Rumble and Rewind molds are already Prime Master compatible, since they use the same basic interfaces with the Titan Master figures with which they were originally designed to interact. Cosmos and Skrapnel have no interactivity in this regard, making their reissues stand out even more in toy lines purposely designed for cross size class play. It's just baffling, honestly.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Ok, that's where the whole "15 Prime symbols" came from...

From top to bottom, they are:

Megatronus
Vector Prime
Prima
Alchemist Prime
Quintus Prime
Amalgamous Prime
Nexus Prime
Solus Prime
Onyx Prime
Liege Maximo
Micronus
Alpha Trion

... and the last three are unknown for now. I do suspect the bottom one is for The Arisen as it looks like the face of Optimus Prime.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Knightsword » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, that's where the whole "15 Prime symbols" came from...

From top to bottom, they are:

Megatronus
Vector Prime
Prima
Alchemist Prime
Quintus Prime
Amalgamous Prime
Nexus Prime
Solus Prime
Onyx Prime
Liege Maximo
Micronus
Alpha Trion

The Matrix
The Enigma of Combination
The Arisen (?)
Knightsword
Mini-Con

Postby Bronzewolf » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:19 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
We have some pretty big news for UK Transformers fans thanks to ToyBoxSoapBox over on twitter! English toy retailer Smyths has just put up listings for the Transformers Power of the Primes wave 1 Voyager class figures! Yes, two new listings for Voyager Grimlock and Starscream have cropped up, and, while currently out of stock, do offer up some new stock photos! These photos are a much better representation of the new figures than the traditional Hasbro photography. Check out a couple mirrored below, and then check out the rest over on the Smyths Website!

These listings will definitely be ones to watch if you live in the UK and are interested in adding these brand new figures to your collection!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Transformers News and Reviews from all around the world!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 am

Guys, I have some bad news. I just bought all of wave 1 aside from the Primes Masters and Leaders and that Grimlock is probably the worst figure. He is a great big piece of **** that wont stay tabbed in and with ugly ass gaps. The other two deluxe dinobots I have dont suffer much from the added combiner gimmick but Grimlock does, A LOT.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Skritz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:47 am

Man I wish local stores had displays and shelves like this. I suspect they most likely will be stuck with Titans Return leftovers for the next 3-4 months...
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:59 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Speaking of Enigmas and Matrices: anybody find it odd that the Engimas are all different, yet the Matrix Cores are all the same sculpt?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby bodrock » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 am

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
Grimlock definitely does not do it for me with that alt mode....which is pretty key for him. I wasn't crazy about Slag, so I skipped on him, too -- but I love Slash & Swoop. I'm interested in Snarl, though! We'll see how PotP Snarl looks in-person before I decide.
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am

william-james88 wrote:Guys, I have some bad news. I just bought all of wave 1 aside from the Primes Masters and Leaders and that Grimlock is probably the worst figure. He is a great big piece of **** that wont stay tabbed in and with ugly ass gaps. The other two deluxe dinobots I have dont suffer much from the added combiner gimmick but Grimlock does, A LOT.

Well that doesn't sound great. Anyone else have any at least decent experiences with him or should I just cancel my preorder?
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2

Postby leokearon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Bronzewolf wrote:We have some pretty big news for UK Transformers fans thanks to ToyBoxSoapBox over on twitter! English toy retailer Smyths has just put up listings for the Transformers Power of the Primes wave 1 Voyager class figures! Yes, two new listings for Voyager Grimlock and Starscream have cropped up, and, while currently out of stock, do offer up some new stock photos! These photos are a much better representation of the new figures than the traditional Hasbro photography. Check out a couple mirrored below, and then check out the rest over on the Smyths Website!

These listings will definitely be ones to watch if you live in the UK and are interested in adding these brand new figures to your collection!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Transformers News and Reviews from all around the world!

They are also listed on the Irish Smyths site as well for €29 which makes them cheaper that the Titans Return Voyagers.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toy ... /164587001
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby nemesisorion » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:05 am

<Venting stuff about Smyths>
Last edited by Burn on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing all the profanity
nemesisorion
Mini-Con
Watch nemesisorion on YouTube

Postby Burn » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Hey nemesisorion, that was a mighty fine rant of yours, but it was a little over the top. You're more than welcome to vent your frustrations but do it within the rules of the forums.

Cheers.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Emerje » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Knightsword wrote:The Matrix

Probably not. The first one only vaguely looks like a Matrix, I feel like Hasbro would have gone for something a little more on the nose and easily recognized as a Matrix. The second one I would think it was an Enigma it would have five points to represent the five members instead of six.

I'm probably wrong, but I'm going with the top being Primus and the bottom being Unicron. The first one reminds me of the circular formations on the surface of Cybertron while the second reminds me of Unicron's planet jaws as seen in G1 (not the clamping jaws from the Unicron Trilogy).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
HTS has free shipping today with code 12DEALS. I just ordered the 3 Prime Masters. Woohoo!
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194

Packaging and Bios for Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno, Elita-1, Hun-Gurr, Moonracer.. and

Postby Va'al » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:37 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The images mirrored below are courtesy of regular news source Tf-factory on social media platform Weibo, and show a number of upcoming figures, or rather, their packaging, from Transformers Power of the Primes. Specifically, we have the bios and back of Voyagers Elita-1, Inferno and Hun Gurr, plus Deluxe Moonracer
and, in a surprising twist in the books, we have a new small teaser of a figure not previously known to make its appearance - character or mold - in the toyline: the back of packaging card for a Decepticon Blast Off, which looks suspiciously similar to the Takara Tomy version of the character in the Unite Warriors release for Bruticus (the Japanese version of Combiner Wars).

Take a look at all of them below, and let us know what you think of the surprising find amidst all the known upcoming waves of combiner figures, in this final chapter of the Prime Wars Trilogy toylines.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby leokearon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
How come Blast Off is covered and has 4 languages and the others don't.
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Endurance: 6

Postby Quantum Surge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Since Blast Off mentions Bruticus, does this mean they'll reissue the Combaticons?
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby xMXUx » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 am

Motto: "True hell is life gone wrong"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
Blast Off definitely looks completely different from the other POTP packaging, which leads me to believe that it's fake
If drinking's what it take to be accepted
I'd rather stay aware and be rejected

Uniform Choice - No Thanks
xMXUx
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Firepower: 6

Postby Randomhero » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am

I ended up getting blast off online months ago but this weekend but this weekend while looking at him I thought power of the Primes would be a line they could release him. Maybe a slight toning of the chest to put the armor gimmick on and a new hand and he’d pass as a figure for it. Like I said while I do the takara one I don’t like his colors at all and if Hasbro releases him with the dark brown and purple I’ll get it.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Knightsword » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:51 am

Emerje wrote:
Knightsword wrote:The Matrix

Probably not. The first one only vaguely looks like a Matrix, I feel like Hasbro would have gone for something a little more on the nose and easily recognized as a Matrix. The second one I would think it was an Enigma it would have five points to represent the five members instead of six.

I'm probably wrong, but I'm going with the top being Primus and the bottom being Unicron. The first one reminds me of the circular formations on the surface of Cybertron while the second reminds me of Unicron's planet jaws as seen in G1 (not the clamping jaws from the Unicron Trilogy).

Emerje

The CW Combiners were all 6 members. Plus that is the symbol that is actually on the enigmas that come with the PotP Voyagers.
Knightsword
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:03 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
xMXUx wrote:Blast Off definitely looks completely different from the other POTP packaging, which leads me to believe that it's fake
Yeah, there's no cross-sell or even a POTP logo on his.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210920 (CA)Fornes"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #33 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2021 JUL218322 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #33 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #11 var AAPI Heritage Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221062 (CA) Ruan"
MOON KNIGHT #11 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 Marvel Comics JUN230945 (CA) Miller"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #7 var Beyond Amazing Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220901 (CA) Andrews"
GHOST RIDER #7 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #2 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230730 (A/CA) Noto (W) Taboo + B Earl"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #14 Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231042 (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #14 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230704 (CA) Wolf"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #12 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230876 (CA) Suayan (A) Saiz (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #12 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #5 Marvel Comics 2020 DEC190911 (W) Brisson (A) Frigeri (CA) Kuder"
GHOST RIDER #5 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220858 (CA) Roche"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #19 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230868 (CA) Barends (W) Percy 231222T"
GHOST RIDER #19 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230645 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell +Gao"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #11 var Skrull Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221061 (CA) Manna (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #11 va ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON