This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Snarl works much better as an arm than as a leg.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I still dont get why this guy wasnt titan class size and predaking normal size. The scale ruins both sets.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Rated X wrote:I still dont get why this guy wasnt titan class size and predaking normal size. The scale ruins both sets.

I agree about the dinobots but Predaking was the original biggest Combiner so I think it's fitting for him to try and reclaim that title.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Rated X wrote:I still dont get why this guy wasnt titan class size and predaking normal size. The scale ruins both sets.

Disappointing... a little...Ruined...No. In the original animated series, all the combiners were roughly scaled to the same size (in spite of the toy sizes). Of course I'd love a CW Devastator as 6 Deluxe, rather than 6 Voyagers, but Hasbro wanted to appeal to kids with something BIG for CW, so I get it. I don't mind Volcanicus scale, but PotP Predaking would be nice to have cross-play pattern with all the others....

On the other hand, PotP Predaking will be made of 5 Voyagers, rather than 6, so while he wont have the ability to mix-and-match with the others, he will be obviously smaller than CW Devastator. I'm guessing the size difference between Predaking, and the average CW/UW/PotP combiner will be something akin to Trypticon with Metroplex/Fort Max. Obviously different, but not different enough to be a huge discrepancy.
Last edited by o.supreme on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."

When has Hasbro cared about scale to begin with? I'll tell you: only when it comes to playability and how well-known the characters are, never when it comes to overall size in fictional portrayals (which is pretty screwy as it is with Combiners and Citybots).

Volcanicus does look pretty decent, but the crotch plate isn't all the way down... again!
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Too bad Slash can't get in there somewhere.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Crosscheck » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Putting the extra fists in the torso really helps close up the gaps. I really like this combiner. I can't wait for the other two arms so I can get him finished up. I am going to look Slash over more to try to get her a way to attach to Grimlock. This might be the best combiner in terms of color combinations ever (short of Devastator).
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
steals_your_goats wrote:

I agree about the dinobots but Predaking was the original biggest Combiner so I think it's fitting for him to try and reclaim that title.

That is true. But for the better part of the Generations lines, havent the molds been all about replicatiing cartoon accuracy? (Particularly post thrilling 30s figures) The only reason Predaking was bigger was because he was borrowed from another line. Just because the toy scale was a joke in the 80s doesnt mean it has to be one today. They fixing everything else so why not the scale too. For most figures they are getting it right except when they try to go super kiddie like they did with devy which I skipped. If Predaking is huge ill skip him too. Hercules and Feral Rex will do fine. Lost Exo Realm are my real Dinobots. Im trying to look at Volcanicus as another set of Dinobots similar to how we have Bruticus Maximus.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby jaws » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Love Volcanicus with the 4 different limbs! Mine is currently using 2 Swoops as arms and 2 Slags as legs. :BOT:
Last edited by jaws on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaws
Targetmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Rated X wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

That is true. But for the better part of the Generations lines, havent the molds been all about replicatiing cartoon accuracy? (Particularly post thrilling 30s figures)

Only when it comes to detailing, not size per se. Besides, G1 toy details are also present and some new ones to boot.

The only reason Predaking was bigger was because he was borrowed from another line.

Nope, Predaking was initially designed by someone outside of Takara (I believe it's by a former Bandai employee), before they picked it up. Predaking has always been a Transformer, even in Japan.

Just because the toy scale was a joke in the 80s doesnt mean it has to be one today.

Masterpiece post MP-9, as high-end collector line, is more for the scale fanatics (given some minor hiccups), the more gimmicky toys for kids (don't argue on that!) aren't that concerned. The bigger the size, the more fun, and if it falls in line with bigger characters like Metroplex, more power to them.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby firefox91 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:54 pm

It's not bad. When I saw the first image I remember thinking it was terrible This looks okay, better than some. But I dunno, the Dinobots never combined before. And while it makes sense for them to do so, I'm still not fully on board with it. However the bot and alt modes of them separately all appear to be great so I'm getting them all anyway. Just likely won't combine.
firefox91
Mini-Con

Postby King Kuuga » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons

Because dinosaurs are an easier sell individually than beasts.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Power of The Primes Thread

Postby Albatross250 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Is this the :TAKARATOMY: version of Volcanicus?

i seen the color have differences
correct me if i'm not sure 8-}

Source: Planet Iacon
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Albatross250 wrote:Is this the :TAKARATOMY: version of Volcanicus?

i seen the color have differences
correct me if i'm not sure 8-}

Source: Planet Iacon

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-image-of-transformers-power-of-the-primes-volcanicus/40441/
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Albatross250 wrote:Is this the :TAKARATOMY: version of Volcanicus?

Could very well be, as TakaraTomy has confirmed that they'll release the Hasbro versions of PotP without changes, even keeping the US names and characters for the Pretenders. It's worth repeating over and over.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
All of Takara Tomy's Power of the Prime's releases will be the same as Hasbro's. That's not the same as saying all of Hasbro's PotP releases will be released as PotP by Takara Tomy, the possibility of complete combiners being released under Unite Warriors has yet to be ruled out by TT.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby sumowrestler » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:18 pm

Weapon: Saber Blade
This pose makes him look like he is flexing his arms. The head looks a bit small but maybe I'm too used to the G1 line. Does he have any weapons? The Dinobots all have energon swords of some nature and I would expect their combined form to have one as well.
sumowrestler
Brainmaster
Alt Mode: Lion
Strength: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:31 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Anyways, the point is that image is Hasbro's Volcanicus, we do not know what Takara is doing yet.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4493
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 pm

sumowrestler wrote:This pose makes him look like he is flexing his arms. The head looks a bit small but maybe I'm too used to the G1 line. Does he have any weapons? The Dinobots all have energon swords of some nature and I would expect their combined form to have one as well.

He doesn't, though in Earth Wars he uses a sword based of FoC Grimlock's. Maybe one could find an oversized version somewhere?

As it currently stands though, none of the PotP new-mold Voyagers have combining weapons. Only Inferno does by virtue of being a retool of CW Hot Spot.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Markus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
at first im like Yay! we get all the dinobots and in there G1 likness plus a bonus extra dinobot for fun
and individually they look great couldn't have done a better job for the kind of toys they are but wait theres more, they combine! hooray! finally a dream come true we finally after all these years get a G1 dinobot combiner! but once we have the combiner in hand its like, meh! such a disappointment :???:
im like is that it they coulnt have taken cues from some of the 3rd party guys, whatever :-?
im still buying them though there still cool as dinobots! ;)
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:30 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Part 1 of 2 of my PotP packages arrived:

First up, a question: because I was trying to avoid spoiling the figures for myself and watched very very little of reviews, did we know that Jazz's package had the Elita-1 Combiner on the side of it, complete with Jazz as the left leg and Moonracer as the left arm?

And now some opinions:

The decoy armors are absolutely adorable and I am loving them. I actually prefer them to hold their guns/claws and stay as a smaller pretender class. I did not get any duplicates in my 3. I would need to Rate Metalhawk my favorite of the first 3.

The legends: All 3 are pretty sweet. I showed Slash to my mom in raptor mode and my mom actually said she looked cute. My mom does not give anything more than a "nice" when I get a new one, so that was high praise. and Slash is cute and fun and I love her (and then I watched Jurassic World last night). Beachcomber and Windcharger are each pretty good. I like Beach's alt mode, it is so much fun! Windcharger is a bit bland, but he was a favorite from the MTMTE flashbacks, so I like him. And he and Tailgate aren't sharing a mold in my shelf, which is nice.

Jazz is really cool. I think I love his alt mode the most, it is so sleek! I love zooming him around and checking out the race car lines. His robot mode is pretty cool too, and I like how much more effort went into him compared to CW limbs, I think they are starting to hit their combining stride perfectly now! And strangely enough, I love his arm mode. Leg mode is good, but Arm mode rocks for me!

the voyagers and the rest of the deluxes come next week sometime hopefully, so we can do some combining!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:First up, a question: because I was trying to avoid spoiling the figures for myself and watched very very little of reviews, did we know that Jazz's package had the Elita-1 Combiner on the side of it, complete with Jazz as the left leg and Moonracer as the left arm?

I certainly didn't, and I'm notorious for my eye for detail. :oops: I just checked Dreadwind's side art and he's got Starscream on his. Even so, he still has Rippersnapper as one of his legs...

Ok, say Jazz is an integral part of the Elita-1 combiner. Who's the final member, after Moonracer and Novastar?

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby bodrock » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Part 1 of 2 of my PotP packages arrived:

First up, a question: because I was trying to avoid spoiling the figures for myself and watched very very little of reviews, did we know that Jazz's package had the Elita-1 Combiner on the side of it, complete with Jazz as the left leg and Moonracer as the left arm?

And now some opinions:

The decoy armors are absolutely adorable and I am loving them. I actually prefer them to hold their guns/claws and stay as a smaller pretender class. I did not get any duplicates in my 3. I would need to Rate Metalhawk my favorite of the first 3.

The legends: All 3 are pretty sweet. I showed Slash to my mom in raptor mode and my mom actually said she looked cute. My mom does not give anything more than a "nice" when I get a new one, so that was high praise. and Slash is cute and fun and I love her (and then I watched Jurassic World last night). Beachcomber and Windcharger are each pretty good. I like Beach's alt mode, it is so much fun! Windcharger is a bit bland, but he was a favorite from the MTMTE flashbacks, so I like him. And he and Tailgate aren't sharing a mold in my shelf, which is nice.

Jazz is really cool. I think I love his alt mode the most, it is so sleek! I love zooming him around and checking out the race car lines. His robot mode is pretty cool too, and I like how much more effort went into him compared to CW limbs, I think they are starting to hit their combining stride perfectly now! And strangely enough, I love his arm mode. Leg mode is good, but Arm mode rocks for me!

the voyagers and the rest of the deluxes come next week sometime hopefully, so we can do some combining!

Metalhawk is my fave of the 3 as well, D! But Skullgrin is a lot of fun....
IMG_9725.JPG
9, 10 - NEVER SLEEP AGAIN
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Lunatic Prime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Motto: "For 'cons I'm annoying like a swarm of Scraplets."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:First up, a question: because I was trying to avoid spoiling the figures for myself and watched very very little of reviews, did we know that Jazz's package had the Elita-1 Combiner on the side of it, complete with Jazz as the left leg and Moonracer as the left arm?

I certainly didn't, and I'm notorious for my eye for detail. :oops: I just checked Dreadwind's side art and he's got Starscream on his. Even so, he still has Rippersnapper as one of his legs...

Ok, say Jazz is an integral part of the Elita-1 combiner. Who's the final member, after Moonracer and Novastar?

It looks like a recolor of Jazz at this artwork. Maybe he'll be recolored/retooled into Turbomaster Boss. But he looks to dark. Could also be just because he's in the combiner's shadow.
My customs thread [click image]:
Check out my DEVIANT ART and Twitter, too ;)

new stuff (designs, innovation, character interpretations and evolution), bots with more or less than four limbs, non-humanoid robot modes

Dislikes:
sticking to outdated stuff, ignorance, stubbornness

And I am not a completionist. I buy what I judge being cool to me.
Lunatic Prime
Headmaster
Watch Lunatic Prime on YouTube
Buy from Lunatic Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Triplechanger - dragon and giant monowheel
Skill: 10+

Postby Lunatic Prime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Motto: "For 'cons I'm annoying like a swarm of Scraplets."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

Looks more like Sinnertwin to me.
My customs thread [click image]:
Check out my DEVIANT ART and Twitter, too ;)

new stuff (designs, innovation, character interpretations and evolution), bots with more or less than four limbs, non-humanoid robot modes

Dislikes:
sticking to outdated stuff, ignorance, stubbornness

And I am not a completionist. I buy what I judge being cool to me.
Lunatic Prime
Headmaster
Watch Lunatic Prime on YouTube
Buy from Lunatic Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Triplechanger - dragon and giant monowheel
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "QUAKE + CHASM Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2017 231208H"
QUAKE + CHASM Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON